Song Contest 149 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

if you wanna get the perfect sheeple you cant be submitting good songs like you are atm ari lol
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 200, Xtoxm wrote:if you wanna get the perfect sheeple you cant be submitting good songs like you are atm ari lol
I make sure that your own entry is skipped when comparing against the final outcome. If you get fourth place I'm not going to penalize you for not calling fourth place properly.

(Me and Scigatt have taken this to PMs. dw about what was on the last page just kind of hanging there unresolved)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 200, Xtoxm wrote:if you wanna get the perfect sheeple you cant be submitting good songs like you are atm ari lol
:lol:

You're right!

Time to pull out the dank meme songs I've been sitting on :P
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 201, Vi wrote:
I make sure that your own entry is skipped when comparing against the final outcome. If you get fourth place I'm not going to penalize you for not calling fourth place properly.

(Me and Scigatt have taken this to PMs. dw about what was on the last page just kind of hanging there unresolved)
im glad you two are working it out
i appreciate these extras things you do around the contests
makes them more engaging
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 203, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 201, Vi wrote:

im glad you two are working it out
i appreciate these extras things you do around the contests
makes them more engaging
I agree with this, I love extra stuff to read and it makes them more fun.

Only thing I would ask for, because I like not knowing the actual results of someone's voting until the results go up... as everyone is putting comments into spoiler tags, can we have a note if they contain your actual points being given? Or not give the points in there and put them in a separate bit at the end? I like reading comments about songs, but knowing exactly what points are being given spoils the results a bit.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Vi »

In post 204, PranaDevil wrote:Only thing I would ask for, because I like not knowing the actual results of someone's voting until the results go up... as everyone is putting comments into spoiler tags, can we have a note if they contain your actual points being given? Or not give the points in there and put them in a separate bit at the end? I like reading comments about songs, but knowing exactly what points are being given spoils the results a bit.
If you try hard enough you can get a pretty good idea even from people like schadd_ who post numeric ratings.

(I will say that on at least one occasion I have experienced regret after posting my own thoughts, and have changed my ballot afterward without notice.)

Alternatively, what about leaving the spoiler tags closed until the end? This was a pretty good contest for banter about the entries outside spoiler tags, so etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:03 am

Post by PranaDevil »

While I could ignore the spoiler tags until the end, also the chances then are I won't go back to them, because I'll have forgotten they exist. I'm just not sure what putting the exact scoring next to the song "adds" to anything... it takes away the suspension towards what points you may get later on... but I see literally nothing it adds to the comments made about the song.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Vi »

In post 206, PranaDevil wrote:While I could ignore the spoiler tags until the end, also the chances then are I won't go back to them, because I'll have forgotten they exist. I'm just not sure what putting the exact scoring next to the song "adds" to anything... it takes away the suspension towards what points you may get later on... but I see literally nothing it adds to the comments made about the song.
"Ultimately I liked this one better"

You sound like you'd rather not have comparative judgments in the comments, yes?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:21 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I think I definitely favoured purely comments about the songs, over stating which positions they got. If that's solely a me thing, then fair enough, that's my issue to deal with as well. I just feel that the suspense in seeing the scores is as much a part of the fun as listening to new songs is.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

im happy to explicitly indicate that my spoiler tags contain spoilers
im not feeling inclined to redact my comments, its already hard to think of interesting things to say, and is more likely to lead to me not saying anything at all

Return to “General Discussion”