Another Take on a Political Spectrum Poll

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

what group?

Progressive Activists
40%
Traditional Liberals
23%
Passive Liberals
20%
Politically Disengaged
3%
Moderates
13%
Traditional Conservatives
No votes
Devoted Conservatives
No votes

Total votes: 30

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Another Take on a Political Spectrum Poll

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

note: this poll is pretty U.S. focused. sorry in advance.

Inspired by a survey about polarization and hidden tribes, I've created another political poll. The descriptions for all of the options are in the link, but in case you don't feel like clicking today, here they are:

Spoiler: Descriptions
Progressive Activists (8 percent of the population) are deeply concerned with issues concerning equity, fairness, and America's direction today. They tend to be more secular, cosmopolitan, and highly engaged with social media.

Traditional Liberals (11 percent of the population) tend to be cautious, rational, and idealistic. They value tolerance and compromise. They place great faith in institutions.

Passive Liberals (15 percent of the population) tend to feel isolated from their communities. They are insecure in their beliefs and try to avoid political conversations. They have a fatalistic view of politics and feel that the circumstances of their lives are beyond their control.

The Politically Disengaged (26 percent of the population) are untrusting, suspicious about external threats, conspiratorially minded, and pessimistic about progress. They tend to be patriotic yet detached from politics.

Moderates (15 percent of the population) are engaged in their communities, well informed, and civic-minded. Their faith is often an important part of their lives. They shy away from extremism of any sort.

Traditional Conservatives (19 percent of the population) tend to be religious, patriotic, and highly moralistic. They believe deeply in personal responsibility and self-reliance.

Devoted Conservatives (6 percent of the population) are deeply engaged with politics and hold strident, uncompromising views. They feel that America is embattled, and they perceive themselves as the last defenders of traditional values that are under threat.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by panthaleon »

I agree that I am probably classed as a Progressive Activist, but this site is lib as fuck

Like come on the pussy hat?
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:32 am

Post by PJ. »

I got lib cuck..
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Pine »

"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

i got the pink hippo
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hidden
Tribes

Moderates
Moderates

15% of Americans
“The entitlement, everybody feeling it’s their way or no way. I know people say they are protesting to bring people together, but I believe that a lot of people are just selfish and are worrying about themselves. I just worry about society. I don’t know what it’s going to take to bring things back.”

54-year-old woman, New Jersey, Moderate

Moderates reflect the middle of the road of public opinion in America. They tend to be engaged in their communities, often volunteer, and are interested in current affairs, but uncomfortable with the tribalism of politics. They tend to be socially conservative and religion plays an important role in their lives. They feel conflicted on certain social justice issues, including same sex marriage, and they are slower to embrace change. They mostly disapprove of Donald Trump as president and overwhelmingly believe that the country is headed in the wrong direction. Among those planning to vote in the 2018 midterms, they favor Democrats over Republicans by a margin of 4-3. Yet they also think that political correctness has gone too far. They dislike the activism and what they see as extremism of both progressives and conservatives. While they think feminism has gone too far, they also recognize sexual harassment as an important issue. They support the notion of sanctuary cities and want undocumented immigrants to have better treatment. They tend to seek less radical solutions than Devoted or Traditional Conservatives, such as building a border wall. They are worried about the state of America and feel that American identity is slipping away.

Main concerns:
Division, Foreign Tensions, and Healthcare

Compared to the average American:
More likely to follow current affairs some or most of the time (80 percent v. 72 percent)

Five percent more likely to agree that immigration is good for the country (61 percent v. 56 percent)

Four percent more likely to say police are more violent toward African Americans than others (55 percent v. 51 percent)

Nine percent more likely to believe that political correctness has gone too far (89 percent v. 80 percent)

Six percent more likely to be over 45 (60 percent v. 54 percent)

Four percent more likely to have “some college” (27 percent v. 23 percent)

Hidden
Tribes
© 2018 More in Common. All rights reserved.
Design & Visualizations by Accurat
Privacy policy | Cookie policy
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “General Discussion”