Scumleague FF 2018 (First Game 9/6)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Wraith »

/in as usual
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by Wraith »

For reference, Labor Day is a no-go for me for drafting. Other than that barring future plans anything else should be fine.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Wraith »

Correction to my availability: My live draft will be 9/1-9/2 but I am available on Labor Day itself if need be.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Wraith »

I should be good for the L2 draft time
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Wraith »

L2 train engine because my glorious utopia will have trains running everywhere
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Wraith »

Oh hell yes I'm #3
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Wraith »

Gonna wreck y'all noobs the Cultural Marxists will destroy western civilization
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 317, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 312, BROseidon wrote:More that Brady was the 5th QB off the table
I wanted to make sure I got Watson so I took him. Mith got Rodgers. Sharon doesn't like Brady and took Cam. So it's just the fact that Wilson got taken over Brady that stands out to me.
I was using a fairly obscure set of rankings from an analyst I trust, and he had Wilson higher than Brady, which I generally agreed with. I did have concerns regarding the Seattle OL and their general decline, so I grabbed Wentz a round earlier than I might usually draft QB2 as insurance.

By those rankings too I got some massive steals at RB. If those gambles do in fact pay off I could be an unstoppable titan in that department.

If Alshon returns 100% I have a formidable starting WR lineup.

My team does have crippling weaknesses though. If my gambles in regards to existing injuries don't pay off I have an extremely dangerous lack of depth. I also concentrated my Byes particularly in Weeks 7 and 9, which I acknowledged and recognized would have to be corrected via the Waiver Wire during the season.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Wraith »

Bell might legitimately be holding out for 10 weeks. He didn't report at today's deadline, meaning he forfeited his game check.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Wraith »

TBH his teammates are just mad that Bell hasn't clearly communicated his intentions. They assumed that this would be a repeat of last year - that Bell would hold out until after Labor Day as a statement of protest and then report as normal. They made multiple public statements that this was what they thought was going on. Since he didn't, and went even further, they now look like idiots and feel betrayed. It's still messed up.

I fully support Bell in a holdout - the bosses need to pay him or trade him. But I wish he'd just nakedly stated he was going to hold out from the start. While keeping the potential length of your holdout intentionally murky can be a valuable bargaining chip, I don't think it served him well here.

A lot will depend on how Conner performs in the first two weeks, and looking at the match-ups Bell might be pushing his chips to the center of the table based on that. Cleveland doesn't have a pushover run defense, nor does KC.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Wraith »

This is actually the best take I've seen yet.

Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm in another situation where I seriously protest the 3WR No FLEX setup. I've somehow ended up with the reverse of my expectations and have a powerhouse trio of RBs but I'm unable to use them every week. This is a major handicap to my team.

EDIT:

My point being, if we had a 2/2/1 setup instead of a 3/2 setup I would have started Conner over Matthews and won this matchup hands-down.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 352, mith wrote:
In post 350, Wraith wrote:I'm in another situation where I seriously protest the 3WR No FLEX setup. I've somehow ended up with the reverse of my expectations and have a powerhouse trio of RBs but I'm unable to use them every week. This is a major handicap to my team.

EDIT:

My point being, if we had a 2/2/1 setup instead of a 3/2 setup I would have started Conner over Matthews and won this matchup hands-down.
And if I didn't have a toddler, maybe I would have been paying more attention and taken Conner first. Boo hoo. If we had a different roster, our teams would probably be totally different.

(Naturally, I have Bell in the Auction league, and once again am out a third of my budget. At least I didn't voodoo Rodgers yet again and he came back in the second half.)
Missing someone on the waiver wire is nowhere near comparable to being mechanically unable to start what I long knew was my optimal lineup because we run an uncommon setup.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh that's a fucking cop-out argument. I'm literally saying the setup itself is stupid and arbitrarily constrains everyone's options. It forces people to start clearly inferior players simply because it fixes the extra player as a WR rather than wild.
Show

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”