Rata Mall - Barbers - Phase 6

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:13 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Howdy.

Was there any thing in here you needed in particular?

I think you had a good idea with trying to get a hose to siphon fuel, so let’s try to do that.

Examine mirror benches

Examine flatscreen for remote

Check cupboards
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 am

Post by RubberDuck »

My advice to that would be not to tamper with doors that are clearly lighting up skulls.

I’m happy to share anything I find if you need it. I can put things on the counter if you prefer to pick them up from there.

Middle
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am

Post by RubberDuck »

The cupboards have:

Spray Bottle with unknown liquid
Hair Gel
Foils
Tube of Superglue

Take superglue

I think a few people were looking for this.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:54 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Look at poster
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 am

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 3, Primate wrote:"Consider smashing the mirrors. There's something strange about this whole place, there may be something behind them."
Good idea.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 am

Post by RubberDuck »

<I notice people are talking in character with “ “

Is this a role play element that I am supposed to be following?

I haven’t been doing it, but I notice others have.>
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:16 am

Post by RubberDuck »

“No, primarily I’m looking to treat as many people as possible.

I can medically inspect/treat other players for various ailments, hence why I checked your limp. But turned out that was just age and there’s nothing I can do about it.

I’m looking for items of a medical nature, of which I now have several. There’s a pharmaceutical company that was associated with the mall and one of the stores was possibly owned by a Dr, so I’m trying to find that.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

He did ask for drugs, to which I said no, so he stole a booster shot off me which he used on himself, which would have given him a bonus to combat for one turn (not that he knew that)

I have a Hippocratic oath, whereby I promised to observe ethical principles in the practice of medicine and to first do no harm. It would have been unethical to feed his addiction, hence him stealing off me, but regardless none of my medicine would have given him a high - Potassium Iodide is an anti radiation drug and I have bandages.

I have a syringe (2/3 uses left) in my possession that players can consent to be treated with. Not all players are able to be cured and treating them will have no effect.

I offered to try examine him, to which he was described as “Appears to be suffering adverse effects of substance abuse.” BM consented to being treated and was cured of his addiction.

Stupidly, BM insisted on pushing back on Ambic bringing the deadline forward so he could try figure out the secret door as he didn’t want to leave it unsolved and spent the next 12 hours trying to figure it out and then decided if he couldn’t do it he would try lock it out so no one else could get in there.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 10, Primate wrote:"Put the spray bottle on the counter, it might be useful to contain fuel or similar later."
Petrol will melt through normal plastic, if we want to move fuel it will need to be a jerry can or similar.

Check couch for items in the cushions or behind/underneath couch
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Hmm, there’s another light switch in here. The cafe didn’t have one.

Turn off light

Look around room

Turn on light
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

look behind poster of Raquel Welch
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Well do you have any ideas of what to try doing in here? I though breaking the mirrors sounded like a good idea but I don’t have anything that could be used.

I do have this laser pointer. It was inside the fake camera I ripped off the wall in the eatery.
Casually points laser across the mirrors

The till is locked, so might need to pry it open, find a key or use the attached flatscreen to unlock it.

This room has power sockets, so we could try plugging something into them.

Need to check the left and right side barber benches.

There’s a cctv camera, if it’s on and recording it is probably hooked to somewhere, maybe a back room with a security setup or the mall might have a comms room.

3x barber chairs, those can probably be adjusted for height.

I think that’s everything in here. Open to any suggestions.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Do you want to check out the last mirror bench?
Perhaps you might be able to use your cane to break a mirror.

Take magazine and sit on couch and read
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Now, zombie, I order you not to do things that will get you killed like the previous one did..

Telepathically projects image of the last zombie BM, killing himself in Porochaz’s Rick& Morty style time travelling freezer
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Make a scene of taking care of Harry in front of the Cctv camera, help him stand, dust him off, check him for injuries, give him a hug and a kiss on the forehead.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I’ll do a quick round room check so we can get everything in one post, given we are alone and same team, Ambic, can it be presumed that everything is automatically seen between us?
barber shop looks dirty.
Examine dirt for recent activity (discounting what Harry and I have done in here.)

Examine cctv
Examine all 3x barber benches, left, middle, right
Examine all 3x mirrors.
Examine all 3x power points, Check nothing is plugged in. Try the switches on/off
Examine all 3x barber chairs, sit in each, test raising and lowering them
Examine office chair, test same as barber chairs.
Examine till lock for if it needs key, needs code or needs input from flatscreen
Examine flatscreen, try using it.
Examine gas heater - interested whether Xavier got the gas going or not.
Examine magazine stand
Read the magazine for real this time.
Check foil(I don’t know what foil means in terms of hairdressing)[/b]

Harry, I think we should try to find you a second weapon, I got scissors off one of the barbers benches we should try get you some as well and hide any others for other recruits. We should clear our excess items in the hidden room, given the poster is broken I say we try lock the door and then we push the cabinet in front of it. We can always use that room to hide a body if we can convince someone to come back in here with us. If the gas gets fixed this phase we should turn it on when we leave, we should tell people there was a hidden door behind the cabinet but we couldn’t get it open. I’m thinking if we could leave a hair straightener plugged in and turned on that should be enough to blow up anyone by the cabinet.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Bah, I messed up the bold tag..
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Sorry, I was out of town at a work conference the last two days and only got home last night, so I couldn’t bump. I was certain I posted in here that I was going to be afk for 2 days.. but apparently I didn’t.

To do list:

Try to find Zombie fluid (assuming no one else has found it first.)
Harry, could you see if you can get +1 sharp scissors. (I got mine from the middle bench)
Harry up to you to decide what to do with the -1 heavy gold brick. (Keep, trade, or hide etc)
Harry if you could plan how to get me linked in with CaptainMeme squad. I’ll keep thinking of the Pooky lie detector squad and how to get in with that team.
Collaborate on who to try and Zombify next, only 3 valid candidates left. Everyone else will have to be killed by environment or by hand. (Would prefer to avoid combat, as we have seen what happens if someone unfortunately rolls a d1)

Do we want to take the hair gel and foils from the cupboards, or the unidentified spray bottle?
I also need to consider cleaning out my inventory.. I suggest you do the same?

Check Harry for Hive mind chip
You never know :P
Use laser pointer to scan the room for invisible players

Check mirrors for hidden compartments

Carefully
Crowbar till open

Take cctv camera

Interesting that the camera in the hardware store was on and recording.. the same turn that Xavier was using the comms system. I wonder if the camera only activates when the cafe room is accessed. Either way I’d prefer there to be no cameras.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 am

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 41, ambic wrote:
Examine flatscreen, try using it.
Nothing to see here
Oh, In case I missed the obvious..

Turn on flatscreen

Won’t see anything or be able to use it if it’s off.. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Jackpot

Examine pills in jar

Search alcohol bottles for Zombie fluid

Check back of shelves for more hidden compartments
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:26 am

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 42, RubberDuck wrote:

Carefully
Crowbar till open

Take cctv camera
Harry are you able to help me search the room? I have to complete the action that I'm part way through with before I can move on to the next. It will probably go faster if we work together.

I think there's probably a sub-task and order of initiative, routine or action priority. Ambic can't resolve all of my spammed choices at once, because that would make me a supergirl who could do everything in a room in a single second.

:right: Duck/Lacey is currently searching opened mirror cupboards.
Carefully
Crowbar till open

Take cctv camera
I'm guessing my other actions wont be processed until after I stop the one I'm actively on. Perhaps you see if you can do anything regarding the locked till and the flatscreen, while I go through the cupboards.

Also good thinking on those mirrors! Feel free to chip in any other gems you might have.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:28 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Pickup Steroids

Pickup Absinthe
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Harry you can take the Cash if you'd like.

Inspect camera for any useable parts such as lights, sensors, lenses etc and place the remains neatly on the shelf in the backroom. Move the dust around so it looks like its been there a while.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:25 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Check Spray bottle with "unidentified fluid" for Danger/biohazard or chemical markings on the bottle.

Add drop of Hair Gel to the empty absinthe bottle and place the gel back in the cupboard.
Use the crowbar and scissors to grind the foil into a Fine foil dust and add to absinthe bottle.
Add a few drops of other alcohols to Absinthe bottle to mix.
Add a few drops of super glue to the "incredibly dangerous concoction" a.k.a "Absinthe"
Carefully, top up "absinthe" with fluid from spray bottle.
Close Absinthe bottle and give it a little mix.

Place absinthe bottle inside Dirty Coffee mug and place on the table near to the Office Chair and flat screen

Place Pepsi can next to mug.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Ambic, are the mirror benches metallic?

Search benches for wired hair clippers or similar hairdressing tools (the kind that plug in)
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:08 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Good thinking. Unsure whether a digital hive mind would work on the Telepathic Undead.

Shows Harry arm

Jia told you it was the drones of the hive who do the microchipping right? So it’s not just the queen we need to watch out for. The hive is probably an alien npc computer to do with Jias role and one player “started” as a follower with a microchip implanter and the ability to spread more.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:46 am

Post by RubberDuck »

The trap is confirmed set btw. If someone drinks metal, hair gel, superglue and whatever the unknown fluid is they probably will die. “Probably”

It was noted that Traps are a side kill and not the way we are meant to be focussing and should be aiming for combat or recruiting.

BM and I had the combat Math wrong. Which is why I thinking out the dice in zombie chat, but I’m not sure if your weapons are applied to joint combat.

Person A+B vs Person C: B is normally just +1 to the main attacker, as a zombie, you are unique and add +1D2, if your weapons are added. Then we have the potential for <6-10> attack range if we get you another weapon.

Pooky is probably the biggest melee threat and we know Pooky is armed and has followers for 1D7+2+1+1
Assuming he keeps talitha and Ariel on side.

These pills “look like steroids” I don’t know for sure what they do yet, but might help out in a fight? Preferably I’d give one to someone else to see what it does. Taking unknown pills is not generally a good idea.

Jias laser pistol also might prove to be a problem as she can kill us from range.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:30 am

Post by RubberDuck »

“The first servant was clinically dead. :dead: You too have evolved into a state of Undeath.

It’s true, that while you’re now physically weaker than your living self, there are.. other advantages.

I have freed you from the curse of life, age no longer applies to you. Your need to consume for survival has been wiped clean - air, sustenance, food and drink.
You do not breathe, you will feel no pain, you will not feel the effects of toxins or poisons.. hazardous environments should have little effect on you.
You have been bestowed the gift of telepathy, we can communicate without the need of foolish whispering and words even if we are rooms apart.

Your final gift is to help me purge this world of the living. Oh! It will be such fun getting to murder your friends in the mall! Much better than that human
trash
you were trying to collect.
Disdainfully looks towards the cash in the till

I will caution you however, your physical form on its own is fragile, (1D2) any damage inflicted on you alone will be fatal, or even a large source of radiation could easily damage the cells of your corpse rendering it immobile and killing my virus within you. You would quite simply and quickly return to a state of death. The first servant was lost to foolishness, I will not make that mistake again.

Now.. Coincidentally and perhaps somewhat conveniently.. I happened to have also previously misled Sir Leo that I had steroids for combat in the the hope the old fool would let me administer a shot to him.

The fact that I have now found what appears to be “steroids” is a happy albeit useful coincidence..” :twisted:

“Speaking of the mortals in the other rooms.. Information is an asset. Why don’t you tell your Queen everything you know so far, who they are, what they want, where they have been and anything else they may have been stupid enough to tell you..

Oh and if it weren’t obvious already, you will need to keep up the pretences of anything you have said to the others previously.. can’t have you suddenly contradicting your former living self in front of them can we?”
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Good thinking Harry!!

Do we want to have a tidy up here, in case anyone else decides to come in here later or shall we trash the room instead?

I think we're pretty much done in here. If you need a charger to turn that thing on, assuming you want to take it, there was a whole drawer full of chargers and plugs in the Hardware store.

Things still in here.
1. Cash in the opened register.
2. Alcohol bottles - Could take one or two?
3. Torn Raquel Welch Poster - looks like some idiot has jumped through it - The door is clearly visible now.
4. Hair Gel in the cupboard.
5. Remains of foil.
6. Spray bottle with unidentified fluid
7. Regarding sharp weapons, Xavier picked up a shard of glass from the wrecked truck. If we can't find sharp scissors for you we could always try busting up one of the mirrors for a piece of glass like Xavier did.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Pull office chair back slightly and investigate counter that the flatscreen was sitting on

Look for what the screen might have been once connected to
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

:facepalm: ..Of course its gone. :roll:

Takes seat on couch
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

From the couch

Harry perhaps try plugging the monitor into the each power socket, I notice the spaces between the mirror benches is inconsistent, perhaps one of them opens a hidden door or something.

Neither the hardware store, or the Cafe had power sockets or light switches, this is first room I've seen with any. Is it the same for the rooms you've been to?

The back room only had a crowbar and some cash, maybe worth a final look before we go.

Scan room for trap doors in the floor
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Fine.
Search magazines for new poster, detach new conveniently door sized poster that perfectly replaces torn poster of Raquel Squelch or whatever her dumb name was.

Discard torn poster in back room and close door. Attach new poster at the top, so the door is accessible the same way it was when I found it.

Observe new poster of Rita Hayworth.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:11 am

Post by RubberDuck »

That makes sense. Only a few hours left in here.

Take a small bottle of white spirits from alcohol cupboard and close the mirrors

Take Hair Gel

Search left & right benches for sharp objects, scissors or cutthroat razors for Harry

Did you want to take the spray bottle? Might be useful later.

Up to you whether you take the pc monitor. I don’t have a use for it.

What do you want to do with the -1 Extremely Heavy Gold Ingot? You could keep it, trade it, or hide it.
We could always precariously balance it above the Secret door so it drops on the next person to go through. :lol:
Your call.

Push magazine stand hard up against light switch to conceal it
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:08 am

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 82, Primate wrote:I think that would lead to me being a suspect, re the ingot. I think we just take it for now and trade it to someone for something cool.

I really could do with knowing what that heater was about if ambic is back in time.
I’m happy with that arrangement.

I think the heater is an indication that there is a source of gas somewhere in the Mall.

I tried the heater and the gas stove in the cafe. The two descriptions I got were
The gas is off
and
The gas needs to be fixed.

Ambic’s profile says NZ, so it’s about 6am there I think, with about 2 hours before the deadline. He appears to wrap room actions up before the deadline.

Both Johannes and Xavier are quite insistent on finding the cinema and believe powering the elevator is the only way to get there. I convinced Xavier to also try fix the gas at the same time because “what if it turns out to have meaning later and we have to waste a turn going back down to the basement.”

When I asked Xavier (Porochaz) and Johannes (Groza) about what was in the basement, they both confirmed the presence of Broken gas pipes. Xavier concluded that he needed a pipe and a wrench to fix them. I arranged for Sir Leo to gift the pipe from the bathroom and Johannes had the wrench which he picked up from the basement earlier.

It may be that the pipes needs instructions to fix, similar to how the book on fixing generators was needed before Xavier knew how to fix them. It also could be that the pipe from the bathroom was the wrong one, or that they have been attacked and couldn’t finish the job, or they simply didn’t do it.

My interest in convincing Xavier to get the gas pipes fixed was so I could vent rooms to blow them up. The cafe gas stove is immediately opposite a microwave and right next to Xaviers freezer. I was going to turn on the gas and put batteries in the microwave and run for the other section of the cafe (it’s two parts, kitchen area and seating area)

Whether the gas has an actual practical use in the Mall is unclear.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:30 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Give Harry $10,000

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”