To Court the King | Game Over! | Thanks for playing.

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

To Court the King | Game Over! | Thanks for playing.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Farren »

Game status
  • Game 3 has ended.
  • Signups are closed. Thanks for playing!
  • Thread is ready for archival.
  • If anyone wishes to run this, the board below now lists how many cards are needed per player.

Turn order
  • GAME OVER

Cards on the Board
Spoiler: Cards available
Card NameRequirements to claimEffect# left
FoolNo requirements.When activated, re-roll one active die.Infinite
CharlatanDISCARD a Fool. May have multiple Charlatans.At the start of your turn, roll one extra die.Infinite
FarmerOne pair (two dice of equal value).At the start of your turn, roll one extra die.2/2/3/4
Serving MaidAll dice in play must be odd.When activated, increase the value of one active die by 1, 2, or 3.2/2/3/4
PhilosopherAll dice in play must be even.When activated, change the values of any two active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.2/2/3/4
LaborerTotal of all dice must be >= 15.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 1.2/2/3/4
GuardThree-of-a-kind (three dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 2.2/2/3/4
HunterFour-of-a-kind (four dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 3.1/2/3/3
AstronomerTwo pairs (two sets of two dice of equal value).When activated, change an active die's value to equal the value of a frozen die.1/2/3/3
MerchantTotal of all dice must be >= 20.When activated, re-roll any number of active dice.1/2/3/3
NoblewomanFull house (one pair AND one three-of-a-kind).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 1.1/2/2/3
Pawn BrokerTotal of all dice must be >= 30.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 4.1/2/2/3
KnightFive-of-a-kind (five dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 5.1/2/2/3
MagicianFive sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change an active die's value to any value.1/2/2/3
AlchemistSix sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change the values of any three active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.1/2/2/3
BishopThree pairs (three sets of two dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 6.1/2/2/3
NoblemanTwo three-of-a-kinds (two sets of three dice of equal value).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 2.1/2/2/3
GeneralSix-of-a-kind (six dice of equal value).At the start of your turn, roll two extra dice.1/2/2/3
QueenClaim the King.When activated, bring a new active die into play as any value.1
KingSeven-of-a-kind (seven dice of equal value).When obtained, claim the Queen. Break ties in endgame; go last in endgame.
Triggers endgame at the end of this round.

Note - cards left are listed for 2/3/4/5 players. King and Queen always get one each; Fools and Charlatans are always infinite.

Current game's player list
  • Player 1
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5

Player 1
  • - rolling 3 dice, 3 total
    Spoiler: full card list here
    Extra Dice CardsDescriptionManipulation CardsDescription

Player 2

Player 3

Player 4

Player 5
Last edited by Farren on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 185 times in total.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Farren »

GAME RULES / HOW TO PLAYOBJECTIVE:

Collect cards that give you dice and the power to manipulate dice over the course of the game. Try to roll a seven-of-a-kind before anyone else can to gain an advantage in endgame: to roll the largest X-of-a-kind possible!

TURN ORDER:
  • At the start of the game, one player (chosen randomly) receives the Shield.
  • The game is divided into rounds. During a round, each player takes one turn, starting with the Shield holder and going down the player list (wrapping around).
  • At the end of a round, the Shield holder passes the shield one seat up the player list.
  • The new Shield holder starts the next round. That player will get two turns in a row, as they went last during the previous round.
ON YOUR TURN:

Step 1: roll 3 six-sided dice, using dice tags. If you have cards that let you roll extra dice, you
must
use those cards now. All dice rolled are active and in play.
Step 2: freeze at least one active die. Frozen dice are locked in place; they cannot be changed, re-rolled, or unfrozen. Frozen dice are still in play but are no longer active.
Step 3: Choose one of the following:
  • Re-roll all active dice and go back to Step 2.
    You must have at least one active die to choose this option.

• Take a card from the board. You must meet the card's requirements; you must not already have a copy of the card (unless it is a Charlatan).
    Choosing this option ends your turn.
At the end of your turn, your used cards reset; cards carry over from round to round. Dice unfreeze and return to the general pool; dice results do not carry over from turn to turn.

Taking the King triggers Endgame. If you take the King, also take the Queen.

Spoiler: NOTES ON REQUIREMENTS:
  • If you have a five-of-a-kind, you also have a four-of-a-kind, a three-of-a-kind, a pair, a two-pair, and a full house. You don't have two threes-of-a-kind or a three pair. This principle applies in similar cases.
  • The Fool has no requirements; the only time you can't claim a Fool is if you already have one. If you already have a Fool, you can discard it and claim a Charlatan.
  • Only dice in play count towards requirements. Dice available through unused Laborers / Guards / etc. are not in play and thus don't count.

USING CARDS:
  • Cards can only be used during your turn.
  • Cards that let you roll extra dice during Step 1 are mandatory. They must be used during Step 1.
  • All other cards are optional and may be used at any time during Step 2 - before freezing, after freezing, or even in the middle of freezing.
  • Each card can only be used once per turn. No card can affect an individual die more than once per turn. (An individual die can be affected by multiple cards, though.)
  • No card can ever bring a die's value below 1 or above 6. The Serving Maid cannot turn a 5 into a 7. The Philosopher cannot turn a 2-4 into a 0-6.
  • No card can ever change the value of a frozen die or allow a frozen die to be re-rolled.
  • To use a card, post that you are doing so and state what you're doing with it.
  • If using a card that brings a new die into play, state that it does so. ("Use Laborer - gives me a 1.")
  • Dice from the Laborer and similar cards are not in play until their cards are activated. While not in play, they do not count towards meeting requirements; they cannot be frozen or re-rolled. Once their cards are activated, their dice come into play with their preset value; they can be frozen as their preset value or re-rolled during Step 3.
  • If using the Fool or Merchant, state which die/dice you are re-rolling. ("Use Fool - re-rolling a 2." / "Use Merchant - re-rolling all active dice.")
  • If using a card that changes the value of dice, state which die/dice you are changing and what you are changing it to. ("Use Serving Maid - change a 3 into a 6." / "Use Noblewoman - change all 4s to 5s and one 3 to a 4.")
ENDGAME:
  • When a player claims the King and Queen, finish the current round. The player with the Shield passes it up the list as normal. The next round is the final round - endgame.
  • During endgame, the player with the Queen skips their turn when it comes up. They take their turn at the end of the round, after everyone else has taken theirs. Turn order otherwise remains normal.
  • This round determines the winner of the game
    . Each player gets one turn to roll the largest X-of-a-kind possible. The player whose X-of-a-kind is largest wins.
  • Players may not take cards during endgame. A player's turn ends when they freeze all their dice.
  • If a player cannot possibly win, their turn is skipped.
  • More dice in an X-of-a-kind wins over fewer dice. (Eight 1s beats seven 6s.)
  • If tied: higher valued dice win over lower valued dice. (Seven 6s beats seven 1s.)
  • If still tied: the King serves as a tiebreaker, if one of the tied players has it. (The player with the King only has to tie the best score to win.)
  • If the player with the King isn't in the tie: earlier in the turn order wins over later in the turn order. (Anyone else has to beat the best score to win.)

Edits since game start:
  • Added a line to the rules clarifying that used cards reset after each turn and are re-usable in future turns.
  • Added a line to the rules clarifying that used dice do not carry over from round to round; each turn starts with a fresh roll.
Last updated: 9/2/2020, 10:21 AM PDT.
Last edited by Farren on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Farren »

Activity / Conduct RulesAll site rules apply.

Players have 48 hours from the time I announce their turn to start their turn. A player starts their turn when they roll the dice for the first time.
Players have 24 hours from starting their turn to finish their turn.
When starting a timer, I will start the timer from the top of the next hour.
Players on V/LA, or players requesting extra time (with a banner displayed or announced in the thread) will get an extra 24 hours per deadline.
When a player gets two turns in a row, each turn is considered separate for deadline purposes.

Please do not edit or delete posts made during your turn, especially posts with dice tags in them.

Please make sure to state which dice you are freezing before rolling dice.

Spoiler: Missed deadlines
If a player misses a deadline, I will do the following:

First time: I will prod the player, giving them another 48 hours.
Second time: I will prod the player, giving them another 24 hours.
Third time (or if a prod is ignored): I will look for a replacement player. If I cannot find one in 48 hours, I will auto-play their hand.
- If they have a Fool, they will discard it and take a Charlatan.
- If they do not have a Fool, they will take a Fool.
- If it is endgame, I will roll their dice once, use all die-generating cards, freeze all dice without using any other cards, and give them credit for the result.

Spoiler: Takebacks
If a player wishes to change a decision:
- If a player wants to un-freeze a die and/or un-use a card, they may do so IF they have not rolled or re-rolled any dice since the freeze. Once a player rolls or re-rolls any dice, all decisions up to that point are locked in (unless illegal).
- If a player wants to change their mind about a card they just took, they may do so IF I have not declared their turn over AND no one has started the next turn yet. Once a new turn starts - or once I officially declare the old turn over - all decisions of the last turn are locked in (unless illegal).

If a mistake, error, or illegal play occurs, I will do one of the following:
- Let the mistake stand. I will do this if the mistake is inconsequential, is a simple omission, results in the worst possible outcome for the player making it (taking a Fool / Charlatan), or if the mistake is not discovered by the end of the next player's turn (except for serious, game-breaking errors).
- Rewind the game to the state before the mistake was made. I will do this for errors that may have a lasting impact on the game state (taking a card that a player is not entitled to; changing a frozen die; etc). I will not do this if the mistake isn't discovered by the end of the player's next turn, unless the error is game-breaking.
- Auto-play the player's hand (using the rules for inactive players).
I will only do this if a player edits or deletes a post with dice in it.
Presence of a "Static" tag alone will not trigger this clause; they sometimes crop up in odd places.
- If you accidentally roll dice incorrectly, goof up, or make a mistake,
do not edit or delete the post with the error.
Flag me down and I'll make a ruling. Also see: Takebacks and Precedents.

Spoiler: Precedents
  • If a player fails to re-roll a die that should have been re-rolled, but then re-rolls that die during a later re-roll, the play will stand.
  • If a player fails to re-roll a die that should have been re-rolled, but then tries to freeze that die or use it as a part of a requirement, play will be re-wound to the point where the die should have been re-rolled. If the missed die was part of a larger group of dice, the other dice results remain unchanged.
  • If a player fails to specify which card is being used to generate an effect when multiple cards could do so and then rolls dice, I will choose a card that could accomplish that effect that the player owns, starting from the top of the board list and going down until I find a card that could accomplish the stated effect, and use it. The roll will stand.
  • If a player rolls more dice than they should, I will void the roll and rewind to the point just before it; the player will be obligated to roll at that point.
  • If a player fails to freeze a die when required but rolls the number of dice as if they'd frozen something, I will assume the player's intent was to make the highest X-of-a-kind possible and freeze dice to match. If that is not possible, or if judgment is required, I will prioritize higher-valued matches over lower-valued matches over higher valued non-matches. The roll will stand. Please make sure to freeze dice before rolling, especially if you are not trying for an X-of-a-kind.
  • If a roll is displayed as "Static", I will void the roll and rewind to the point just before it; the player will be obligated to roll at that point. (Static rolls occur if a post with dice tags is edited, or if dice tags are copied or quoted from another post.
    Please do not edit posts with dice tags.
    )
  • If a roll is made with dice smaller than d6s, I will void the roll and rewind play to just before the roll.
  • If a roll is made with dice larger than d6s, dice with values between 1-6 will stand; dice with values larger than 6 must be re-rolled.

Players are free to chat in-thread.

Players may ask questions about the game in-thread or via PM. If in-thread, please bold my name to make sure I see it.

Game History
Spoiler: Game 1 - player list; cards in hand at end of game
Jake The Wolfie
  • Extra Dice CardsDescriptionManipulation CardsDescription
    Farmer+1 die at start of turnFoolRe-roll one die
    HunterExtra die; starts as a 3AstronomerChange one die; must match a frozen die
    Pawn BrokerExtra die; starts as a 4PhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
    KnightExtra die; starts as a 5Serving MaidAdd +1/+2/+3 to one die
    MagicianChange any one die; no restrictions
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
    Farmer+1 die at start of turnNoblewomanAdd +1 to any number of dice
    LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1AlchemistChange three dice; sum must not change
    GuardExtra die; starts as a 2
    Pawn BrokerExtra die; starts as a 4
    BishopExtra die; starts as a 6
    General+2 dice at start of turn
    QueenExtra die; choose starting valueKingWins ties; goes last during endgame
dsjstr
    Charlatan (1)+1 die at start of turnServing Maid+1/+2/+3 to one die
    KnightExtra die; starts as a 5MerchantRe-roll any number of dice
    Nobleman+2 to any number of dice
Gamma Emerald
    Farmer+1 die at start of turnMerchantRe-roll any number of dice
    LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1PhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
    General+2 dice at start of turnNoblemanAdd +2 to any number of dice
    NoblewomanAdd +1 to any number of dice
Dannflor
    LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1NoblemanAdd +2 to any number of dice
    KnightExtra die; starts as a 5

Spoiler: Game 1 - ending board
CharlatanDISCARD a Fool. May have multiple Charlatans.At the start of your turn, roll one extra die.Infinite
Farmer
One pair (two dice of equal value)
At the start of your turn, roll one extra die
Serving MaidAll dice in play must be odd.When activated, increase the value of one active die by 1, 2, or 3.2
PhilosopherAll dice in play must be even.When activated, change the values of any two active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.2
LaborerTotal of all dice must be >= 15.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 1.1
GuardThree-of-a-kind (three dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 2.2
Hunter
Four-of-a-kind (four dice of equal value)
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 3
Astronomer
Two pairs (two sets of two dice of equal value)
When activated, change an active die's value to equal the value of a frozen die.
MerchantTotal of all dice must be >= 20.When activated, re-roll any number of active dice.1
Noblewoman
Full house (one pair AND one three-of-a-kind)
When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 1.
Pawn Broker
Total of all dice must be >= 30
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 4
Knight
Five-of-a-kind (five dice of equal value)
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 5
MagicianFive sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change an active die's value to any value.1
AlchemistSix sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change the values of any three active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.2
BishopThree pairs (three sets of two dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 6.1
Nobleman
Two three-of-a-kinds (two sets of three dice of equal value)
When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 2.
General
Six-of-a-kind (six dice of equal value).
At the start of your turn, roll two extra dice.
Queen
Claim the King.
When activated, bring a new active die into play as any value.
King
Seven-of-a-kind (seven dice of equal value)
When obtained, claim the Queen. Break ties in endgame; go last in endgame.

Spoiler: Game 1 - summary results
Jake The Wolfie: Five-of-a-kind, 6s
dsjstr: Six-of-a-kind, 6s
Gamma Emerald: Eight-of-a-kind, 6s
Dannflor: Nine-of-a-kind, 6s
NotAJumbleOfNumbers: Ten-of-a-kind, 4s

Spoiler: Game 2 - player list; cards in hand at end of game
Jake The Wolfie:
    Farmer+1 die at start of turnAstronomerChange one die; must match frozen
    GuardExtra die; starts as a 2Nobleman+2 to any # of dice
Gamma Emerald:
    LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1MagicianChange one die; no restrictions
    HunterExtra die; starts as a 3
Sirius9121:
    GuardExtra die; starts as a 2Noblewoman+1 to any number of dice
    QueenExtra die; starts as any valueKingBreaks ties; goes last
inspiratieloos:
    Farmer+1 die at start of turnPhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
    LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1
Dannflor:
    Charlatan (1)+1 die at start of turnMerchantRe-roll any # of dice
    LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1NoblewomanAdd +1 to any # of dice
    GuardExtra die; starts as a 2FoolRe-roll one die

Spoiler: Game 2 - ending board
Farmer
One pair (two dice of equal value).
At the start of your turn, roll one extra die.
Serving MaidAll dice in play must be odd.When activated, increase the value of one active die by 1, 2, or 3.4
PhilosopherAll dice in play must be even.When activated, change the values of any two active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.3
Laborer
Total of all dice must be >= 15.
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 1.
Guard
Three-of-a-kind (three dice of equal value)
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 2.
Hunter
Four-of-a-kind (four dice of equal value).
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 3.
Astronomer
Two pairs (two sets of two dice of equal value).
When activated, change an active die's value to equal the value of a frozen die.
MerchantTotal of all dice must be >= 20.When activated, re-roll any number of active dice.2
NoblewomanFull house (one pair AND one three-of-a-kind).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 1.1
Pawn BrokerTotal of all dice must be >= 30.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 4.1
Knight
MagicianFive sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change an active die's value to any value.2
AlchemistSix sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change the values of any three active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.2
Bishop
Three pairs (three sets of two dice of equal value)
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 6.
NoblemanTwo three-of-a-kinds (two sets of three dice of equal value).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 2.2
General
Six-of-a-kind (six dice of equal value)
At the start of your turn, roll two extra dice.
Queen
Claim the King
When activated, bring a new active die into play as any value
King
Triggers endgame at the end of this round
.[/u]

Spoiler: Game 2 - summary results
Jake The Wolfie - nine-of-a-kind, 6s.
Gamma Emerald - <nine dice, couldn't beat>
inspiratieloos - ten-of-a-kind, 3s
Dannflor - <seven dice, unable to beat>
Sirius9121: ten-of-a-kind, 3s (King)

Spoiler: Game 3 - player list; cards in hand at end of game
Iconeum:
    Charlatan (1)+1 die at start of turnNoblewoman+1 to any # of dice
    Farmer+1 die at start of turn

Sirius9121:
      LaborerExtra die; starts as a 1FoolRe-roll one die
      GuardExtra die; starts as a 2AstronomerChange one die; must match frozen
      HunterExtra die; starts as a 3MagicianChange one die; no restrictions
    Dannflor:
      • Gamma Emerald:
          Farmer+1 die at start of turnServing Maid+1/+2/+3 to one die
          GuardExtra die; starts as a 2AstronomerChange one die; must match frozen
          Pawn BrokerExtra die; starts as a 4MerchantRe-roll any # of dice
        inspiratieloos:
          Farmer+1 die at start of turnMagicianChange one die; no restrictions
          QueenExtra die; starts as any valueKingBreaks ties; takes turn last

Spoiler: Game 3 - ending board
Farmer
One pair (two dice of equal value)
At the start of your turn, roll one extra die
Serving MaidAll dice in play must be odd.When activated, increase the value of one active die by 1, 2, or 3.3
PhilosopherAll dice in play must be even.When activated, change the values of any two active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.4
Laborer
Total of all dice must be >= 15.
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 1.
Guard
Three-of-a-kind (three dice of equal value)
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 2
Hunter
Four-of-a-kind (four dice of equal value)
When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 3
Astronomer
Two pairs (two sets of two dice of equal value)
When activated, change an active die's value to equal the value of a frozen die
MerchantTotal of all dice must be >= 20.When activated, re-roll any number of active dice.2
NoblewomanFull house (one pair AND one three-of-a-kind).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 1.2
Pawn BrokerTotal of all dice must be >= 30.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 4.1
Knight
MagicianFive sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change an active die's value to any value.1
AlchemistSix sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change the values of any three active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.3
BishopThree pairs (three sets of two dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 6.2
NoblemanTwo three-of-a-kinds (two sets of three dice of equal value).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 2.3
GeneralSix-of-a-kind (six dice of equal value).At the start of your turn, roll two extra dice.1
Queen
Claim the King
When activated, bring a new active die into play as any value
King
Triggers endgame at the end of this round
.[/u]

Spoiler: Game 3 - summary results
Dannflor: nine-of-a-kind, 6s.
Gamma Emerald: (could not beat)
Iconeum: (could not beat)
Sirius9121: (could not beat)
inspirateloos: ten-of-a-kind, 1s.

Signup rules
  • The game can be run with any number from two to five players.
  • Signups officially open when I announce the end of the current game. Game Status in post 0 will indicate that signups are open.
  • When signups are open, anyone (whether they played in the last game or not) may type /in (or anything similar) in the thread to join the next game.
  • While the game is in progress, up to two people who are *not* in the current game may pre-in for the next game by typing /pre-in (or anything similar) in the thread.
  • Pre-inned players will have 48 hours after the end of the current game to confirm they still wish to play.
  • Once two players are signed up (or confirmed from pre-ins), I will start a 48 hour timer.
  • The next game will start once all five slots are full, or after the 48 hour timer expires, whichever happens first.
  • If only one player signs up for a game, I may offer to join the game myself (subject to the player's approval).
  • Once the game has started, if slots are still available, players can offer to join in as long as the last player in the round has not yet started their turn. Any player in the game may object to a potential new player either publicly or anonymously; if they do so, the new player will not be allowed to join.
[/list][/list][/list]

Last updated: 10/16/2020 (added Game 3 history)
Last edited by Farren on Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:45 am, edited 14 times in total.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Farren »

If anyone has any questions, comments, or feedback on anything, please let me know. Signups are open for the game - the game can run anywhere from 2 to 5 players. /in to join. :)
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #7 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Farren »

With two players signed up, I've started the countdown timer in the OP. We'll start the game in ~96 hours if it hasn't filled by then!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #10 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Farren »

More cards will get put onto the board when the game starts. Other than that, nope. :)
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #12 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Farren »

On a cosmic scale, absolutely.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Farren »

One more slot left! If it fills, I'll start the game up ASAP.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #16 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Farren »

That's 5!

Set-up is now in process. Board has been filled with cards. Rolling for turn-order ...

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (3) = 3
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #18 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by Farren »

All cards can be used once per turn, every round.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #19 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by Farren »

The game has started! It is now Dannflor's turn, rolling three dice.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #23 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor takes a Fool.

It is now Jake The Wolfie's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #25 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Farren »

Something I want to clarify here, as it looks like I didn't explicitly state something I should have.

Frozen dice do not carry over to the start of next turn. The only thing you bring with you from previous turns are the cards you acquire. During Step 1, it's a fresh start - dice in hand (the three you start with plus any granted by Farmers) all get unfrozen and re-rolled; dice granted by Laborers and similar cards go back into the void, ready to be summoned by the card again if wanted. I will add this line to the rules.

Dannflor: if you thought you could carry over frozen dice, my apologies. If you want to take a different action with your 3/5/6 roll, go ahead.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #26 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Farren »

In post 24, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Can I use 1 dice tag to roll thrice, or do I have to use 3 dice tags?
Using a 3d6 tag is fine. I'm going to say hold off on your turn for a bit until Dannflor can check in again, though. Again, my apologies for the error.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #28 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Farren »

You can choose to re-roll dice as long as you still have at least one active die; choosing to re-roll does
not
end your turn. Only taking a card ends your turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #31 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Farren »

You can take a Farmer; we'll say taking the Fool never happened, as it was due to a rule misunderstanding caused by me.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #33 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a pair and takes a Farmer.
(The Fool has been erased from existence.)

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn (for real this time).
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #34 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Farren »

There are
Farmers remaining. Board has been updated.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #41 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a pair and takes a
Farmer

Farmers remain on the board.

It is now NotAJumbleOfNumbers's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #44 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Farren »

NotAJumbleOfNumbers also rolls a pair and takes a
Farmer

Farmer remains on the board.

It is now
dsjstr
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #48 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Farren »

You have to freeze at least one die each time you roll (unless you used a Fool or a Merchant to do the roll), so eventually you'll be forced to freeze all of your dice - at which point you'll have to stop re-rolling and take a card.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #49 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Farren »

dsjstr has nothing but odd dice; he takes a
Serving Maid

Serving Maids remain on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's first turn.

After his first turn, the Shield passes to him and Round 2 begins; he will then take his second turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #51 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Farren »

The only time a card is discarded is when you discard a Fool to take a Charlatan. Otherwise, once you take a card it's yours for the rest of the game.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #53 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Farren »

Correct. When a card is activated, it can't be activated again that turn - but it can be activated again on future turns. So everyone who has a Farmer will roll 4 dice during Step 1 for the rest of the game (or more, if they get any Generals / Charlatans); you'll have the option of adjusting one die by +1/+2/+3 once per turn for the rest of the game.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #57 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls a pair and takes the last Farmer.
There are no more Farmers remaining.

The shield passes from Dannflor to Gamma Emerald.
Round 2 begins.

It is now Gamma Emerald's second turn, rolling 4d6 now with the Farmer.
Will update tables shortly.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #61 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls 6-6-5-4, which is >= 20. He takes a
Merchant
. There are
Merchants remaining.

It is now
Dannflor's
turn.

Edit to add: Dannflor is now rolling 4d6 due to having a Farmer.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #66 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a 6-5-5-3, which is >= 15; he takes a
Laborer
. There are
Laborers remaining.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn, rolling 4d6 due to having a Farmer.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #71 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie takes a
Fool

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #75 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Farren »

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls a three-of-a-kind; he takes a
Guard

Guards remain on the board.

It is now
dsjstr
's turn, rolling 3d6.

After his first turn, the Shield passes to him, starting Round 3; he will then take another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #79 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Farren »

Yes, that's correct.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #81 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Farren »

dsjstr takes a
Fool

Gamma Emerald passes the Shield to dsjstr. It is now Round 3; it is
dsjstr
's turn again.

Starting this round, with cards adding up, I'm going to start posting what people have here before their turn starts, if I can. As before, players are free to start before I announce their turn if they don't want to wait.

dsjstr
  • - Rolling 3 dice, 3 dice total
    FoolRe-roll one die
    Serving Maid+1/+2/+3 to one die
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #83 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Farren »

Just to clarify: you don't care what you roll; you just want to discard the Fool and take a Charlatan?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #85 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Farren »

Done. Dsjstr
discards his Fool and takes a Charlatan

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn, rolling 4d6.

Gamma Emerald
  • - Rolling 4 dice, 4 dice total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #89 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald trades in an assortment of dice for a slate of even dice, claiming a
Philosopher

Philosophers remain on the board.

It is now
Dannflor's
turn.

Dannflor
  • - Rolling 4 dice, 5 dice total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #96 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Farren »

Reviewing. Please stand by.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #97 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Farren »

Error is inconsequential. Play stands.

The dice tag in 92 should have been rolled as Dannflor had three dice in play at the time (the 3 and 1 from his first roll and the 1 the Laborer brought into play). However, the first two dice provided the 4 needed to make the three of a kind - the fact that the third die didn't get properly rolled doesn't change the outcome.

If anything else had happened, we'd have to rewind to 92 as in 93 the lost die in 92 *does* get rolled - but not necessary here.

Dannflor rolls a three-of-a-kind and takes a
Guard

Guards remain.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #98 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Farren »

Actually, not even sure we'd have to rewind in that case. It's basically the equivalent of a cocked die, and if the player opts to just re-roll it in step 3 regardless of what it would have been, that wouldn't really impact play at all. It'd only become an issue if Dannflor had tried to freeze it as a 1 after the roll in 91/92, which didn't happen. So all's good.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #101 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Farren »

Yes, if you use the Fool to do so (or freeze the other three dice).
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #104 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie's 2 gets thrown off stage to make a two pair; Jake The Wolfie claims an
Astronomer

Astronomers remain on the board.

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers's
turn.

After his first turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 4; he will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #105 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Farren »

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #112 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Farren »

Order matters here - are you including the Laborer's 1 in the "Hold all 5s and 1s"?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #114 (isolation #41) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Farren »

Okay. Carry on. I'll do the update once you're done with your turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #118 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Farren »

Turn 1:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls 6-4-4-1, which equals 15. He takes a
Laborer
Laborers remain on the board.

dsjstr passes the Shield to NotAJumbleOfNumbers;
it is now Round 4.

Turn 2:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls a full house (1s over 5s) and claims a
Noblewoman
Noblewomen remain on the board.

It is now
dsjstr
's turn.

dsjstr
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #122 (isolation #43) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Farren »

dsjstr rolls a two pair, claiming an
Astronomer

Astronomer remains on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #123 (isolation #44) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald
    PhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #126 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Farren »

Philosophy reasons its way into a two pair; Gamma Emerald takes the last
Astronomer

There are no more Astronomers remaining on the board.

It is now
Dannflor's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #127 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor
  • - Rolling 4 dice, 6 dice total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #132 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a full house (2s over 6s), giving him a
Noblewoman.

Noblewoman remains.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

After his turn, the Shield will pass to him, starting Round 5. He will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #133 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie
    AstronomerChange one die; must match a frozen die
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #139 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Farren »

Some would say there's no difference between foolishness and philosophy. Fools know better.

Jake The Wolfie ends with all even dice, claiming a
Philosopher

Philosophers remain.

The Shield passes to Jake The Wolfie.
Round 5 begins.

It is
Jake The Wolfie's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #140 (isolation #50) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #143 (isolation #51) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Farren »

You can roll the dice to start your turn. If the results of your roll make you decide to discard your Fool in exchange for a Charlatan, that's up to you.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #144 (isolation #52) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Farren »

And Gamma Emerald is correct: you cannot have multiple Fools.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #148 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie ends with all odd dice; he claims a
Serving Maid

Serving Maids remain.

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #149 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Farren »

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #152 (isolation #55) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Farren »

Guard for the 2, Laborer for the 1 - yup, looks good.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls a perfect straight - 1-2-3-4-5-6 - and claims an
Alchemist

Alchemists remain on the board. It is now
dsjstr
's turn.

dsjstr
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #155 (isolation #56) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Farren »

Serving Maid handles the 1; Astronomer handles the 6.

dsjstr rolls a four-of-a-kind and claims a
Hunter

Hunters remain on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald's
turn.

Gamma Emerald
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #157 (isolation #57) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Farren »

Much obliged. :)

If there's only one possible legal way for you to make a play, I'll assume that's how you're making it - and you did specify the +3, which strongly implies the Serving Maid's the one doing it.

But yes, in cases where it's ambiguous, not specifying could result in a rewind (say you'd needed two rolls to pull that off, and had just said you were changing a 1 into a 4; either the Maid or the Astronomer could do that, so it wouldn't be obvious which you had left for the next roll).
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #160 (isolation #58) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Farren »

When they say "Aim for the stars," they usually don't mean it literally. These people lack vision.

Gamma Emerald rolls a four-of-a-kind and claims a
Hunter

Hunter remains on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

After Dannflor's turn, the Shield passes to him, starting Round 6. Dannflor will then get another turn.

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #165 (isolation #59) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Farren »

(3/5/5/6/6/6) = 31, which is >= 30.

Dannflor rolls dice for a total of 31, claiming a
Pawn Broker

Pawn Brokers remain on the board.

The Shield passes to Dannflor; it is now
Round 6.

It is now Dannflor's turn.

Dannflor
  • -
    Rolling 4 dice, 7 dice total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #172 (isolation #60) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Farren »

Can five peasants defeat a Knight? Let's find out.

Dannflor rolls a five-of-a-kind and claims a
Knight.

Knights remain on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
    Serving MaidAdd +1/+2/+3 to one die
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #175 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a four-of-a-kind and claims a
Hunter

No more Hunters remain on the board.

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
's turn.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #181 (isolation #62) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Farren »

Astronomer can't make that change, and you don't have an Astronomer anyway. Fortunately, an Alchemist can - and that's what you have, so that works. (And yes, Alchemist can opt to only change two dice - as long as the sum stays the same and it's no more than three, it's good.)

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls a six-of-a-kind, claiming a
General

Generals remain on the board.

It is now
dsjstr
's turn.

dsjstr
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #186 (isolation #63) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Farren »

Using the Hunter at the end to bring the 3 into play. Looks good.

dsjstr rolls 3/4/4/5/6, which is >=20, claiming a
Merchant

Merchant remains on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 7. Gamma Emerald will then get another turn.

Gamma Emerald
    HunterExtra die; starts as a 3PhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #188 (isolation #64) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Farren »

Hunter and other cards like it aren't played until you choose to do so. Once you bring the die into play, it has to be frozen or re-rolled along with the other active dice. Not activating it until the end (or at all!) is OK too - and if you don't state you're using it sooner, I'll assume you're choosing not to use it. :)
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #189 (isolation #65) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Farren »

(barring cases like that where a 3 pops up out of nowhere - that's another case of "if there's only one legal way to make what you just did happen, I'll assume you're using that legal way.")
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #192 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls an 18, which is >= 15. He takes a
Laborer

Laborer remains on the board.

The shield passes to Gamma Emerald; it is now
Round 7

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn.

Gamma Emerald
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #196 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Farren »

Gather enough people together, and soon you have an army ...

Gamma Emerald trades his way into a six-of-a-kind, claiming a
General

General remains on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #197 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor
  • -
    Rolling 4 dice, 8 dice total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #203 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls two threes-of-a-kind (6s and 5s), claiming a
Nobleman

Noblemen remain on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #209 (isolation #70) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Farren »

Turning a three of a kind into a one of a kind requires patience and dedication. Or maybe just magic.

Jake The Wolfie rolls a five-die sequence (2-3-4-5-6) and claims a
Magician

Magicians remain on the board.

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
's turn, already in progress.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #214 (isolation #71) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Farren »

In post 213, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:waitwaitwait i just realized i could freeze a die and roll again for another chance at queen, can i do that
Since you caught it before I declared your turn over: yes.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #217 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Farren »

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls three pairs - all identical. He claims a
Bishop

Bishops remain on the board.

It is now
dsjstr
's turn. After his turn, the shield passes to him; it will then be Round 8. He will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #218 (isolation #73) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Farren »

dsjstr
    MerchantRe-roll any number of dice

Sorry for not doing this sooner!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #221 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Farren »

The cold never bothered me anyway ...

Wait, sorry, wrong type of magic.

dsjstr rolls a sequence of five dice (1-2-3-4-5) and claims a
Magician

Magician remains on the board.

The Shield passes to dsjstr;
Round 8
begins. It is now
dsjstr
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #225 (isolation #75) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Farren »

Who needs magic when you have a sword?

dsjstr rolls a five-of-a-kind and claims a
Knight

Knight remains on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn.

(will take a bit to update tables)
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #226 (isolation #76) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald
  • -
    Rolling 6 dice, 8 dice total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #229 (isolation #77) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls two threes-of-a-kind (6s and 1s), claiming a
Nobleman

Nobleman remains on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
  • -
    Rolling 4 dice, 8 dice total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #233 (isolation #78) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a six-of-a-kind, claiming a
General

There are no more Generals remaining on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #236 (isolation #79) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a five-of-a-kind and claims a
Knight

There are no more Knights remaining on the board.

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
's turn.

After his turn, the Shield will pass to him, starting Round 9.

If he claims the King on his first turn, Round 9 will be endgame; it will then be dsjstr's turn next (with NotAJumbleOfNumbers going last during endgame).
If he does not claim the King on his first turn, Round 9 will be normal; NotAJumbleOfNumbers will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #237 (isolation #80) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Farren »

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
  • -
    Rolling 6 dice, 9 dice total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #249 (isolation #81) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Farren »

Please stand by. Verification of endgame now in process.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #251 (isolation #82) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Farren »

1st turn:

The six 5s alone equal 30, which qualifies for a
Pawn Broker

Pawn Broker remains on the Board.

The shield passes to
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
; it is now
Round 9.

2nd turn:

244, rolling 6d6: 1/1/2/3/3/5 => 1/1/2/3/3 (5) => 1/1/1/2/2/3/3/4/6 (5)
245, rolling 9d6: 1/1/2/3/3/4/4/5/6 (5) => 1/1/2/3/3/4/4/6 (5/5)
246, rolling 8d6: 1/2/2/4/5/6/6/6 (5/5) => 1/2/2/4/6/6/6 (5/5/5)
247, rolling 7d6: 2/2/3/4/5/5/6 => 2/2/3/5/5/5/5 (Alchemist) => seven 5s.

ENDGAME HAS BEEN TRIGGERED.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers rolls a seven-of-a-kind, claiming both the King and Queen.

Round 9 will finish normally. Everyone who hasn't gotten a turn during round 9 will get one more regular turn and one more chance to claim a card.
Round 10 will be endgame.

It is now
dsjstr
's turn.

dsjstr
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #255 (isolation #83) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Farren »

dsjstr rolls two threes-of-a-kind, claiming a
Nobleman

There are no more Noblemen remaining on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn, taking a regular turn.

Gamma Emerald
  • -

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #256 (isolation #84) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Farren »

In post 254, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Could I technically use cards to increase dice above 6?
Nope. Explicitly forbidden; no die can ever go below 1 or above 6.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #260 (isolation #85) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls an oversized full house, claiming a
Noblewoman

No more Noblewomen remain on the board.

It is now
Dannflor

Dannflor
  • -
    Rolling 6 dice, 10 dice total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #263 (isolation #86) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls three pairs, claiming a
Bishop

more Bishop remains on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn. After Jake The Wolfie's first turn (a regular turn), the shield will pass to him, starting Round 10 - endgame.

Jake The Wolfie will then take his final turn, with an objective to roll the biggest X-of-a-kind he can.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #264 (isolation #87) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie
    KnightExtra die; starts as a 5PhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #268 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Farren »

Verifying.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #270 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Farren »

1/3/3/4 > 2/3/3/4 (Fool) > 2/3/3/3/4/5 (Hunter, Knight) > 2/3/3/3/4 (5) > 3/3/3/4/5 (5) (Astronomer) > 3/3/3/5/6 (5) (Serving Maid) > 3/3/3/5/5 (5) > Magician. Pairs: 3/3, 5/5, ... no third pair. Doesn't qualify for a Bishop. :(
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #272 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Farren »

You can rewind up to where you used the Fool. Dice of 2/3/3/4, Fool used, all other cards unused.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #273 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Farren »

I'll state that explicitly in the rules for the next go-around. Choices are officially locked once any of the following happens:

1) You roll dice (all choices prior to rolling are locked, including the decision to roll and the results of the roll);
2) You take a card legally and I verify it;
3) Another player starts their turn after you legally take a card, whether I verify it or not (if illegal and I catch it before the other player's done, I'll stop their turn and rewind);
4) Another player finishes their turn, whether your move was legal or not (unless it results in taking the King illegally, in which case it's getting rewound no matter how many turns have passed).
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #278 (isolation #92) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Farren »

Yup, looks good.

Jake The Wolfie rolls a 30+, claiming a
Pawn Broker

The shield passes to Jake the Wolfie;
Round 10
has begun.

ENDGAME HAS STARTED.

The player with the biggest X-of-a-kind this round wins.
If players tie, the highest valued X-of-a-kind amongst the tied players wins.
If still tied, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wins (as the holder of the King) if he is one of the tied players.
If he is not, whoever rolled the winning roll first wins.
During this round, NotAJumbleOfNumbers will go last.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's Endgame turn.

Jake The Wolfie
  • - Rolling 4 dice, 7 dice total
    Pawn BrokerExtra die; starts as a 4PhilosopherChange two dice; sum must not change
    KnightExtra die; starts as a 5Serving MaidAdd +1/+2/+3 to one die

With seven dice, your best outcome is seven-of-a-kind. Good luck!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #287 (isolation #93) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Farren »

Resolving your roll so far. Please stand by.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #288 (isolation #94) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Farren »

2/3/3/6 > 2/3/3 (6)
3/4/4 (6) > 4/4/6 (6) (Serving Maid) > 4/4 (6/6)
1/4 (6/6) > 4/6 (6/6) (Astronomer) > 4 (6/6/6)
3 (6/6/6) > 3 (6/6/6) (Fool) > 3/5 (6/6/6) (Knight) > 2/6 (6/6/6) (Philosopher) > 2 (6/6/6/6)
1 (6/6/6/6) > 1/3 (6/6/6/6) (Hunter) 3/6 (6/6/6/6) (Magician) ... and then you rolled one die instead of two. Yes, at that point, I would rule that you froze the 6, given that this is endgame and it'd be utter madness to freeze a die that wasn't part of your X-of-a-kind.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #289 (isolation #95) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Farren »

And you were required to freeze a die to reroll. So yes. 6 frozen, but the roll you made of the 3 stands.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #290 (isolation #96) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Farren »

Current dice: 3 active, (6/6/6/6/6) frozen.

Pawn Broker remaining; all other cards used. Play resumes.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #293 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Farren »

Yup. Voiding as you had to freeze a die before rolling. Please freeze a die, then roll your remaining die. (Assuming you're still activating the Pawn Broker.)
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #296 (isolation #98) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Farren »

With all dice frozen and all cards used, Jake The Wolfie's turn is done.

Jake The Wolfie
rolls five 6s, concluding his turn.

It is now
dsjstr
's endgame turn.

dsjstr
    Nobleman+2 to any number of dice

With six dice, your best outcome is six-of-a-kind. Good luck!

Current score to beat: Five-of-a-kind, 6s.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #302 (isolation #99) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Farren »

The Nobleman adds +2 to dice. Not +1/+2.

5+2 = 7. Can't make any die greater than 6.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #303 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Farren »

Rewinding to the results from the die roll in post 300.

2,5 active; (6/6/6) frozen.

Knight / Merchant / Magician / Nobleman remaining.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #307 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Farren »

1/1/5/6 > 1/1/5 (6)
1/1/5 (6) > 1/1/3/5 (6) (Hunter) > 1/1/5/6 (6) (Serving Maid) > 1/1/5 (6/6)
1/2/3 (6/6) > 2/3/6 (6/6) (Astronomer) > 2/3 (6/6/6)
2/5 (6/6/6) > 2/5/5 (6/6/6) (Knight) > 2/5/6 (6/6/6) (Magician) > 2/5 (6/6/6/6)
1/6 (6/6/6/6) > 1 (6/6/6/6/6)
4 (6/6/6/6/6) > 6 (6/6/6/6/6) (Nobleman)
(6/6/6/6/6/6)

With all dice frozen (and a Merchant greedily counting up his cash), dsjstr's turn is done.
dsjstr
rolls six 6s, ending his turn.

Jake The Wolfie has been eliminated.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's endgame turn.

Gamma Emerald
  • -

NoblewomanAdd +1 to any number of dice

With eight dice, eight-of-a-kind is your best outcome. Good luck!

Current score to beat - six-of-a-kind, 6s.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #311 (isolation #102) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Farren »

2/2/2/3/3/5 > 2/3/3/4/5/5 (Merchant) > 3/3/3/3/5/5 (Philosopher) > 3/3/3/3/3/5/5 (Hunter) > 5/5/5/5/5/5/5 (Nobleman) > 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 (Noblewoman) > 1/6/6/6/6/6/6/6 (Laborer) > 1 (6/6/6/6/6/6/6) > 6 (6/6/6/6/6/6/6)

Validated. Not on PC, so going to take a bit to update, but that is confirmed.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #312 (isolation #103) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Farren »

With all dice frozen and no cards left, Gamma Emerald's turn is done.

Gamma Emerald rolls eight 6s, ending his turn.

dsjstr has been eliminated.

It is now
Dannflor
's endgame turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #313 (isolation #104) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor
  • -
    Rolling 6 dice, 11 dice total

With eleven dice, eleven-of-a-kind is your best outcome. Good luck!

Current score to beat: eight-of-a-kind, 6s.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #322 (isolation #105) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Farren »

2/3/3/4/5/5 > 2/3/3/4/4/5/5/5/6 (Pawn Broker, Knight, Bishop) > 2/5/5/5/5/5/6/6/6 (Nobleman) > 2/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6 (Noblewoman) > 2 (6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6) > 1/2/2 (6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6)
1/4/6, making nine.

With all dice frozen and all cards used, Dannflor's turn is over.

Dannflor rolls nine 6s, ending his turn.

Gamme Emerald has been eliminated.

It is now
NotAJumbleOfNumbers's
endgame turn, already in progress.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #326 (isolation #106) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Farren »

2/2/4/4/5/6 > 1/2/2/2/4/4/4/5/6/6 (Laborer, Guard, Pawn Broker, Bishop)> 1/2/2/2/5/6/6 (4/4/4)
2/2/2/3/5/5/6 > 2/2/2/3/4/5/5/6 (Queen) > 2/2/2/3/5/5/6 (4/4/4/4)
1/3/3/3/5/5/6 > 3/3/3/4/4/4/5 (Alchemist) > 4/4/4/4/4/4/5 (Noblewoman), and that's ten-of-a-kind.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #327 (isolation #107) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Farren »

Congratulations to
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
for winning To Court the King!

And a big thank you to all players for making this a smooth playthrough. No prods, no major hiccups.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #329 (isolation #108) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Farren »

Signups are now open for Game 2, if there's any interest.

New players and old players alike are welcome to join!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #333 (isolation #109) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Farren »

That starts the countdown. I'll do the update when I get back to a computer, but we'll start no later than 48 hours from the top of the hour, whether we're full or not.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #335 (isolation #110) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Farren »

Got it. :)

Main page has been refreshed. All /inned players are now listed. History has been added to post . Added some error precedents and formalized how takebacks work. Will fill up the board with fresh cards once we know how many players there'll be. (Same cards as last time; the quantity available varies based on player count.)
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #338 (isolation #111) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Farren »

With the physical game, no. There are a limited number of cards available.

Digitally - theoretically, I suppose? If you can figure out how to scale the number of cards made available?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #341 (isolation #112) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Farren »

Got it. One spot left, with less than twelve hours to fill it!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #343 (isolation #113) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Farren »

And we're full! Starting setup ...
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #344 (isolation #114) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Farren »

Rolling for starting player.

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #345 (isolation #115) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Farren »

Board has been set up for five players.

I'll start posting player card lists once Round 2 starts.

Good luck, everyone!
Game on!

It is now inspiratieloos's turn, rolling three dice.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #348 (isolation #116) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a 17, claiming a
Laborer

It is now
Dannflor
's turn, rolling 3 dice.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #351 (isolation #117) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a three-of-a-kind and takes a
Guard

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn, rolling 3 dice.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #354 (isolation #118) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a pair and claims a
Farmer

Farmers remain in the deck.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn, rolling 3 dice.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #360 (isolation #119) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls a pair, claiming a
Farmer

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 2. He will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #365 (isolation #120) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Farren »

Post is showing a static die roll, which means it is invalid. That roll will have to be re-done, which effectively means your second turn will have to be re-done.

Turn 1 looks fine. I'll process that turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #366 (isolation #121) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Farren »

Turn 1: Sirius9121 rolls a three-of-a-kind, claiming a
Guard

The shield passes to Sirius9121. It is now his second turn, starting with a fresh roll of three dice.

Sirius9121
  • - rolling 3 dice, 4 total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #376 (isolation #122) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Farren »

Please do not edit posts during your turn. If you goof up and roll too many dice, leave the post as-is and do a new roll with the correct number of dice; I'll note the first roll as invalid. Thanks!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #377 (isolation #123) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Farren »

Sirius9121 rolls a pair and claims a
Farmer

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #378 (isolation #124) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #384 (isolation #125) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a pair and takes a
Farmer

No more Farmers remain on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #389 (isolation #126) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a 16 and takes a
Laborer

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
  • - rolling 4 dice, 4 total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #394 (isolation #127) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a 17 and claims a
Laborer

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting
Round 3
. He will then take another turn.

Gamma Emerald
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #402 (isolation #128) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Farren »

First turn:

Gamma Emerald rolls a two-pair and claims an
Astronomer

The shield passes to Gamma Emerald;
Round 3 begins.

Second turn: Gamma Emerald rolls a four-of-a-kind, claiming a
Hunter
Hunters remain on the board.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #403 (isolation #129) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Farren »

Sirius9121
  • - rolling 4 dice, 5 total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #408 (isolation #130) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Farren »

Sirius9121 rolls a two-pair and claims an
Astronomer

It is now
inspiratieloos's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #409 (isolation #131) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #414 (isolation #132) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a four-of-a-kind and claims a
Hunter

Hunter remains on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
  • - rolling 3 dice, 5 total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #416 (isolation #133) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Farren »

If there's interest in a third run, I'm willing to run this again after this one's over. I'll allow a maximum of two pre-ins from players who aren't in the current game; the remaining slots will be first-come-first-serve once the game ends.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #423 (isolation #134) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor takes a
Fool

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 4. Jake the Wolfie will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #428 (isolation #135) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Farren »

(sorry, forgot to C&P your starting hand.)

Jake The Wolfie rolls a three-of-a-kind and claims a
Guard

Guard remains on the board.

The shield passes to Jake The Wolfie;
Round 4
has begun.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
  • - rolling 4 dice, 6 total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #434 (isolation #136) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a two-pair and claims an
Astronomer

No more Astronomers remain on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn.

Gamma Emerald
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #437 (isolation #137) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls a three-of-a-kind and claims a
Guard

No more Guards remain on the board.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #438 (isolation #138) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Farren »

Sirius9121
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #441 (isolation #139) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Farren »

Sirius9121 casually throws a javelin over his shoulder, impaling a
Hunter

No more Hunters remain on the board.

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #442 (isolation #140) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #447 (isolation #141) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls nothing but even dice and claims a
Philosopher

Philosophers remain on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 5. Dannflor will then get another turn.

Dannflor
  • - rolling 3 dice, 5 total
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #454 (isolation #142) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor discards his Fool and takes a
Charlatan

The shield passes to Dannflor; it is now
Round 5.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
    Charlatan (1)+1 die at start of turn
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #460 (isolation #143) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a 25, claiming a
Merchant

Merchants remain on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #468 (isolation #144) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie gives away all of his dice to charity in neat little pairs, earning the admiration of the
Bishop

Bishops remain on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn.

Gamma Emerald
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #473 (isolation #145) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Farren »

Yes, a six-of-a-kind would also count as three pairs - so you could take a Bishop with a six-of-a-kind as long as one is there to take.

Gamma Emerald rolls an 18 and takes a
Laborer

No more Laborers are left on the board.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn.

Sirius9121
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #479 (isolation #146) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Farren »

476 didn't mention which die you were freezing.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #481 (isolation #147) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 2, Farren wrote:- If a player fails to freeze a die when required but rolls the number of dice as if they'd frozen something, I will assume the player's intent was to make the highest X-of-a-kind possible and freeze dice to match. If that is not possible, or if judgment is required, I will prioritize higher-valued matches over lower-valued matches over higher valued non-matches. The roll will stand. Please make sure to freeze dice before rolling, especially if you are not trying for an X-of-a-kind.
You had a Guard and a Hunter available, and a 3 frozen. Your roll included no 3s, but did include a 2, which counts as a match with the die available from the Guard. Per the above rules, the 2 is frozen.

As 477 also mentioned freezing the 2 retroactively and goes with that play, that corresponds with the auto-freeze of the rules. No change is necessary; play stands.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #482 (isolation #148) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Farren »

1/3/4/5 > 1/4/5 (3)
2/4/5 (3) > 4/5 (2/3)
1/5 (2/3) > 1/2/5 (2/3) (Guard) > 1/5 (2/2/3) > 1/3/5 (2/2/3) (Hunter) > 1/5 (2/2/3/3) > 5 (2/2/2/3/3) (Astronomer) = Full House, which I assume means the card associated with a Full House - the Noblewoman.

Sirius9121 rolls a full house and claims a
Noblewoman

Noblewomen remain on the board.

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 6. He will then get another turn.

inspiratieloos
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #490 (isolation #149) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Farren »

1st turn: inspiratieloos rolls a 31 and takes a
Pawn Broker

Pawn Brokers remain on the board.

The shield passes to inspiratieloos; it is now
Round 6

2nd turn:

inspiratieloos rolls three pairs, claiming a
Bishop

Bishop remains on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #497 (isolation #150) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a full house and claims a
Noblewoman

Noblewoman remains on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
  • -
    rolling 4 dice, 7 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #504 (isolation #151) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a six-of-a-kind and claims a
General

Generals remain on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn.

Gamma Emerald
  • -
    rolling 4 dice, 7 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #507 (isolation #152) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls three pairs, claiming a
Bishop

No more Bishops remain on the board.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 7. He will then get another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #523 (isolation #153) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Farren »

1st turn:

Mod notes: 508 static, properly rerolled as 510. 510 stands.
516/517: Fortunately, you didn't have any frozen 5s, or the frozen 5 would have to stand. Since the Astronomer can only change a die to a frozen die and all you had frozen at the time were 3s, using the Astronomer automatically would have made it a 3. So the change noted in 517 is OK.

6/1/3/4 > 1/4/6 (3)
4/1/4 (3) > 4/1/4/3 (3) (Hunter) > 1/4/4 (3/3)
1/2/5 (3/3) > 1/2/2/5 (3/3) > 1/3/3/5 (3/3) (Noblewoman) > 1/5 (3/3/3/3)
4/5 (3/3/3/3) > 3/5 (3/3/3/3) (Astronomer) > 5 (3/3/3/3/3)
4 (3/3/3/3/3) > five-of-a-kind = Knight.

Sirius rolls a five-of-a-kind and claims a
Knight.

The shield passes to Sirius9121, starting
Round 7

Now checking second turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #524 (isolation #154) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Farren »

3/6/6/4 > 4/6/6 (3)
3/5/6 (3) > 5/6 (3/3) > 5/5/6 (3/3) (Knight)
2/6/3 (3/3) > 2/6 (3/3/3) > 2/2/6 (3/3/3) (Guard) > 3/3/6 (3/3/3) (Noblewoman) > 3/3/3 (3/3/3) (Astronomer)

Is a six-of-a-kind.

Sirius9121 claims a
General

General remains on the board.

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.

inspiratieloos
  • -
    rolling 4 dice, 8 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #533 (isolation #155) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Farren »

Now verifying endgame. Please stand by.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #534 (isolation #156) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Farren »

6/5/3/3 > 1/3/3/4/5/6/6 (Laborer / Pawn Broker / Bishop) > 1/4/5/6/6 (3/3)
1/2/6/4/4 > 1/3/3/4/6 (Philosopher) > 1/4/6 (3/3/3/3)
3/3/3 (3/3/3/3) is a seven of a kind

inspiratieloos rolls a seven-of-a-kind and claims the
King, triggering endgame at the start of Round 8.

inspiratieloos also claims the
Queen

It is now
Dannflor
Dannflor

ERROR - see post
Last edited by Farren on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #535 (isolation #157) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Farren »

Wait. Something's wrong.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #536 (isolation #158) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Farren »

In post 527, inspiratieloos wrote:Philosopher 2,4 into 3,3
Freeze 3,3
Original Roll String: 3d3 (STATIC)
3 3-Sided Dice: (3, 3, 3) = 9
This roll here used d3s, not d6s. As a result, I have to void it.

Rewinding to this point in time. Please re-roll this roll with d6s and continue play from here. Endgame has **NOT** been triggered yet.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #537 (isolation #159) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Farren »

Timer has been set to 24 hours to finish turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #544 (isolation #160) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a five-of-a-kind and claims a
Knight

Knight remains on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn (for real).

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #561 (isolation #161) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor takes a
Fool

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn.

Jake The Wolfie
  • -
    rolling 6 dice, 9 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #564 (isolation #162) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls a perfect straight (1-2-3-4-5-6) and claims an
Alchemist

Alchemists remain on the board.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 8.
If he does not trigger endgame in his first turn, he will then get another turn. If he does trigger endgame in his first turn, endgame will start immediately and he will go last in the final round.

Gamma Emerald
  • -
    rolling 4 dice, 8 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #575 (isolation #163) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Farren »

3264 > 32641236 (laborer / guard / hunter / bishop) > 264126 (33)
221252 > 15 (222233)
36 > 32 (Astronomer) > 3 (2222233)
5 (2222233) = five-of-a-kind.

Gamma Emerald rolls a five-of-a-kind and claims a
Knight

No more Knights remain on the board.

Round 8
begins.

2nd turn:

1231 > 123112356 (Laborer, Guard, Hunter, Knight, Bishop) > 232356 (111)
265323 > 215323 (Astronomer) > 25323 (1111)
52555 > 5555 (11112)
4563 (11112) = 1-2-3-4-5.

Gamma Emerald rolls an imperfect straight (1-2-3-4-5) and claims a
Magician

Magicians remain on the board.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn.

Sirius9121
  • -
    rolling 6 dice, 9 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #586 (isolation #164) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Farren »

"One moment, sir, while we check your credit ...
"

Now verifying endgame. Please stand by.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #588 (isolation #165) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Farren »

214454 > 215555 (Noblewoman) > 21 (5555)
42 > 42235 (Guard, Hunter, Knight) > 4223 (55555)
3353 > 333 (555555)
641 > 651 (Astronomer) > 61 (5555555) and that's seven-of-a-kind.

Endgame has been triggered. Endgame will start at Round 9.

Sirius9121 rolls a seven-of-a-kind and claims the
King
. He also claims the
Queen

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.

inspiratieloos
  • -
    rolling 4 dice, 9 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #592 (isolation #166) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Farren »

The Serving Maids union would like it to be known that they will not be serving that dish.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #598 (isolation #167) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a six-of-a-kind and claims a
General

No more Generals remain on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
    GuardExtra die; starts as a 2FoolRe-roll one die
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #604 (isolation #168) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a 30 and claims a
Pawn Broker

Pawn Broker remains on the board.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn. After his first turn, the shield will pass to him, starting
Endgame
. He will then take his final endgame turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #605 (isolation #169) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie
  • -
    rolling 6 dice, 9 total

Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #609 (isolation #170) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Farren »

Jake The Wolfie rolls two three-of-a-kinds, claiming a
Nobleman

more Noblemen remain on the board.

The shield passes to Jake The Wolfie;
Round 9
begins.

Endgame begins.

It is now
Jake The Wolfie
's turn, taking his
Endgame
turn.

Jake The Wolfie
  • -
    rolling 6 dice, 9 total

GuardExtra die; starts as a 2Nobleman+2 to any # of dice

Good luck!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #610 (isolation #171) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Farren »

As a note: while players are welcome to take both their turns in a row when they have a double turn, they are not required to do so - waiting for me to resolve their first turn before starting their second is equally acceptable.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #611 (isolation #172) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Farren »

Signups for Game 3 will open at the end of this round. For anyone not currently playing, we have room for one more pre-in - just say you want in in the thread, then confirm within 48 hours of my opening signups.

Once I officially announce the winner, signups will open and anyone - playing or not - will be welcome to sign up.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #618 (isolation #173) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Farren »

236623 > 2323 (66)
2412 > 24126 (Bishop) > 2412 (666)
3654 > 35412 (6666) (Laborer, Guard)
34526 > 3452 (66666)
6654 >54 (6666666) > 64 (6666666) (Astronomer) > 66 (6666666) (Nobleman) = Nine 6s.

Jake The Wolfie rolls a nine-of-a-kind, 6s.

Gamma Emerald cannot beat nine 6s and is eliminated, forfeiting his turn.

Dannflor cannot beat nine 6s and is eliminated, forfeiting his turn.

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.

inspiratieloos
  • -
    rolling 6 dice, 11 total

inspiratieloos must beat nine 6s to avoid elimination.

Good luck!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #629 (isolation #174) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Farren »

123511 > 1235111456 (Laborer, Pawn Broker, Knight, Bishop) > 125111456 (3)
133614536 > 161456 (3333)
314543 > 1454 (333333)
2554 > 25543 (Hunter) > 2554 (3333333)
4365 > 465 (33333333)
556 > 55 (333333336)
42 (333333336) > 33 (333333336) (Philosopher) = ten-of-a-kind.

inspiratieloos rolls a ten-of-a-kind, 3s.

Jake The Wolfie is eliminated.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn.

Sirius9121
  • -
    rolling 6 dice, 10 total

QueenExtra die; starts as any valueKingBreaks ties; goes last

Sirius9121 must match or beat ten-of-a-kind, 3s to win the game. Otherwise, inspiratieloos wins.

Good luck!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #633 (isolation #175) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Farren »

Uh ... where'd that first roll go?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #640 (isolation #176) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Farren »

Please do not edit posts with dice.

If a d7 was rolled, then the official precedent is to accept anything that came up between 1 and 6, and reroll the 7s only.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #645 (isolation #177) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Farren »

If you have questions about Splendor, please either ask them in the Splendor thread or via PM. Thanks!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #646 (isolation #178) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Farren »

With regards to this turn: a dice post was edited. I'm going to check and see if there's anyway to recall the original post. If so, that post will be re-instated and the game rewound to the previous point. If any dice came up 7s, those dice will first be re-rolled.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #649 (isolation #179) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Farren »

After reviewing with the listmods:

No edits occurred after the edit I saw. All subsequent rolls are legitimate. So the only question is with regards to the first roll.
I got a glimpse of the initial roll, and I cannot say for sure whether or not it consisted of d7s or d6s. I can say that it did not appear to be an unusual roll - a mix of digits, typical of what you'd expect for 6d6.
After the edited roll, Sirius froze only one die. I am reasonably confident that no matter what the exact digits were on the first roll, there could not have been a worse outcome than "freeze 1 die" given a typical mix of digits.

The roll stands.

464352 > 46452 (3)
31153 > 115 (333) > 1155 (Knight)
5631 > 561 (3333)
325 > 25 (33333) > 225 (Guard) > 335 (Noblewoman) > 333 (Astronomer) > 3333 (Queen) and he still has an unused Hunter, which I think we can safely assume he's not going to re-roll - so that's ten-of-a-kind, 3s.

Sirius9121 rolls ten-of-a-kind, 3s
, tying inspiratieloos.
By order of the King: the tie is broken.

Congratulations to
Sirius9121
for winning To Court the King!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #650 (isolation #180) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Farren »

Signups for Game 3 are now open to everyone.

We have one pre-in from Iconeum. It has 48 hours (timer in the OP) to confirm the pre-in.

Note: I will be updating the Activity / Conduct rules with regards to editing and/or deleting posts during the game.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #653 (isolation #181) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Farren »

48 hour timer has begun.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #660 (isolation #182) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Farren »

Apologies for the delay here - power outage. I'll get things started up later today. If anyone sneaks in before I wake up "tomorrow" (well, later today, technically), I'll add them in. Otherwise, we'll start with four.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #661 (isolation #183) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Farren »

Game setup now beginning.

Rolling for starting player ...
Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #662 (isolation #184) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Farren »

Cards on the Board at game start
Spoiler: Cards available
FarmerOne pair (two dice of equal value).At the start of your turn, roll one extra die.3
Serving MaidAll dice in play must be odd.When activated, increase the value of one active die by 1, 2, or 3.3
PhilosopherAll dice in play must be even.When activated, change the values of any two active dice to any value(s); the sum of their values may not change.3
LaborerTotal of all dice must be >= 15.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 1.3
GuardThree-of-a-kind (three dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 2.3
HunterFour-of-a-kind (four dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 3.3
AstronomerTwo pairs (two sets of two dice of equal value).When activated, change an active die's value to equal the value of a frozen die.3
MerchantTotal of all dice must be >= 20.When activated, re-roll any number of active dice.3
NoblewomanFull house (one pair AND one three-of-a-kind).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 1.2
Pawn BrokerTotal of all dice must be >= 30.When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 4.2
KnightFive-of-a-kind (five dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 5.2
MagicianFive sequential dice (1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6).When activated, change an active die's value to any value.2
BishopThree pairs (three sets of two dice of equal value).When activated, bring a new active die into play as a 6.2
NoblemanTwo three-of-a-kinds (two sets of three dice of equal value).When activated, increase the value of any number of active dice by 2.2
GeneralSix-of-a-kind (six dice of equal value).At the start of your turn, roll two extra dice.2
QueenClaim the King.When activated, bring a new active die into play as any value.1
KingSeven-of-a-kind (seven dice of equal value).When obtained, claim the Queen. Break ties in endgame; go last in endgame.

Note for those who've played the five-player game: there are fewer cards on the board.

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn, rolling 3 dice. Good luck, everyone!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #664 (isolation #185) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Farren »

Once your turn comes up (after inspiratieloos), you'll roll 3d6.

Then, take a look at the cards on the board in the OP. If any of your dice meet the requirements for a card that's in-stock, you can take that card and end your turn. If they don't - or if you want to aim for a card whose requirements you don't meet - you'll have to freeze at least one of your dice, then re-roll whatever you don't freeze. Frozen dice stay frozen for the rest of the round and cannot be changed or re-rolled for any reason.

You can keep doing that (freezing 1+ dice, re-rolling the rest) until all your dice are frozen. At that point you'll have to take a card, like it or not. If your card meets no requirements at all, you'll have to take a Fool from the board - it's a lousy card, so try to avoid that if you can. It can be upgraded to a Charlatan by discarding it (which is not a lousy card), but that costs you a turn and you end up down one card for the rest of the game.

Cards you earn are yours forever - they either add dice to your pool (some let you start by rolling more dice; some add a die with a preset value after you roll) or give you the ability to manipulate dice after you roll them.

Keep an eye on turn order - each round, the player who went last in the previous round gets to take two turns in a row (going first in the next round).

The top card on the board is the King - requiring a seven-of-a-kind. Once someone grabs the King, that triggers endgame. Round finishes as normal, then everyone takes one more turn.

On that last turn, instead of going for cards you're just trying to get the biggest X-of-a-kind you can. Most matching dice wins.

The rules go into more detail; I'd recommend reading them at some point, but that's a brief summary.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #668 (isolation #186) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a pair and claims a
Farmer

It is now
Iconeum
's turn, rolling 3 dice.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #670 (isolation #187) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Farren »

If any player objects to Gamma Emerald joining at the end of the turn order, please let me know before Dannflor starts his first turn.

Players may object either here or via PM if they wish to remain anonymous.

If Gamma Emerald joins, all cards EXCEPT: (Hunter, Astronomer, Merchant, King, Queen) will gain an extra copy.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #681 (isolation #188) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Farren »

Iconeum rolls a pair and takes a Farmer.
Sirius rolls a 15 and takes a Laborer. (Technically not >15, but fortunately the requirement is >= 15.)

It is now Dannflor's turn, rolling three dice.

Dannflor: if you object to Gamma Emerald joining, please let me know before you start your turn. If you object, the shield will pass to you at the end of your turn, starting Round 2. If you do not object, Gamma Emerald's turn will start after yours (and I will add a copy of all cards except the ones listed in ASAP.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #685 (isolation #189) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a pair, taking a
Farmer

Gamma Emerald
joins the game, taking player slot #5.

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn, rolling three dice. Will update the OP with the added cards momentarily.
At the end of Gamma Emerald's turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 2. Gamma Emerald will then take another turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #689 (isolation #190) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Farren »

1st turn:
Gamma Emerald rolls all odd dice, claiming a
Serving Maid
Serving Maids remain on the board.
Round 2
begins.

2nd turn:
Gamma Emerald rolls a pair and claims a
Farmer
No more Farmers remain on the board.

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.

inspiratieloos
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #704 (isolation #191) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a three-of-a-kind and claims a
Guard
more Guards remain on the board.
Iconeum takes a
Fool
Sirius9121 also takes a
Fool

It is now
Dannflor
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 3. He will then get another turn.

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #709 (isolation #192) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a 15 and claims a
Laborer

The shield passes to Dannflor;
Round 3
begins.

It is now
Dannflor's
turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #710 (isolation #193) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #713 (isolation #194) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Farren »

Dannflor rolls a natural two-pair and claims an
Astronomer

It is now
Gamma Emerald
's turn.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #714 (isolation #195) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald
    Farmer+1 die at start of turnServing Maid+1/+2/+3 to one die
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #718 (isolation #196) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Farren »

Gamma Emerald rolls a three-of-a-kind, claiming a
Guard

It is now
inspiratieloos
's turn.

inspiratieloos
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #722 (isolation #197) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Farren »

inspiratieloos rolls a 21 and claims a
Laborer

It is now
Iconeum
's turn.

Iconeum
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #726 (isolation #198) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Farren »

Iconeum rolls a three-of-a-kind and claims a
Guard

more Guard remains on the board.

It is now
Sirius9121
's turn. After his turn, the shield will pass to him, starting Round 4. He will then get another turn.

Sirius9121
Mish-Mash Janitor

Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #734 (isolation #199) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Farren »

1st turn:

Sirius9121 rolls a two-pair and claims an
Astronomer

The shield passes to Sirius9121, starting
Round 4

2nd turn:

Sirius9121 rolls a three-of-a-kind and claims a
Guard

No more Guards remain on the board.

It is now
Dannflor
's turn.

Dannflor
Mish-Mash Janitor

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”