open challenge!!!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

open challenge!!!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

woop woop
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by tn5421 »

If you'll show me how to play chess via forum I'll accept your challenge.
WIP
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Algebraic notation

Board is done through chess tags. Pretty easy stuff. Just copy a working board and you can figure it out through the code
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Remembrance »

If you don't mind, I'd like to explain further in an easy to understand tutorial.

First! How to open the chess menu!

[chess[(/) chess] <- remove the parantheses and complete the bracket to open the chess menu.

Like so!

Algebraic notation: the board of chess is made from 8x8 squares. So there are 64 spaces to move your pieces and 8 columns. We call the far left column, column a. The far bottom left space (where the white rook is) is called a1. The knight next to the left rook is b1, the piece to the right of the left knight is c1, etc. The piece INFRONT of the left rook is the a2 pawn, the pawn to the right of the a2 pawn is the b2 pawn. The board is not changed or reversed for black, therefore the far left black rook is located in the a8 position. The far left black pawn is located in the a7 position.

Now, how do you move your pieces? And how do you take the opponents pieces? Inputs matter here.

For pawns, simply indicate the space, so for example if you wanted to move your a2 pawn to the a3 space as white(the space in front of it) you would, in between the chess brackets ][ input a3. So, chess]a3[chess

^Visual aid. Black could respond with a6,

Now, you know the general positions of the pieces it's important to know the rest of the letters and how to move all of the pieces.

in order:
R = Rook.
N= Knight
B = Bishop
Q = Queen.
K = King
To make these special pieces move to a particular space you need to add the starting letter of their names before adding the square you wish them to move to, so for example, to move the rook to the a3 spot, you need to add (in capital letters) the first letter of its name (R, for Rook) then its position: a3.
Add them together and you get... Ra3

Which piece you select (left or right) is usually determined for you, so if you ask a white knight to move to c3 square (Kc3) the left white knight will move there because the right white knight cannot reach that location, obviously since there is only one queen or king this isn't a problem for these pieces, but some pieces could conflict such as a knight being able to move to the same spot as another knight, but I don't know how to choose that! So. Figure it out for me. :(

To take a piece with a pawn, you simply name the column your pawn is on (in the example below, the black pawn is on column d) add an x then name the space you wish to take(xe4) to take the piece dxe4. So, for example, if the white pawn moves to e4 and black respond with d5, you can take his pawn with dxe4. To take a piece with a specialized piece do the same thing, just make sure to the first capitalized letter. Bxa3 takes dumb person's rook. :oops:

Example of specialized piece taking a piece. a4 e5 Ra3 Bxa3

Example of pawn taking a piece: e4 d5 Ke2 dxe4

Castling is when you switch your king with a rook, either king side or queen side.
To castle on the king side: O-O
to castle on the queen side: O-O-O

king side: e4 c6 Be2 a5 Nf3 af O-O

queen side: d4 a6 Qd3 e6 Bd2 h6 Na3 c5 O-O-O

Hope this helps!
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum