Battlestar Galactica- Crisis! Nexus to contribute

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Battlestar Galactica- Crisis! Nexus to contribute

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: Current Board

Player Status
#PlayerCharacterSkill CardsLocation
1GammagooeySharon “Boomer” Valerii6Press Room
2Nexus
President
Laura Roslin
7President’s Office
3ChannelDelibird
Admiral
William Adama
0Armory
4Save The DragonsTom Zarek3Research Lab
5PorochazLee “Apollo” Adama5Hangar Deck

Ship Status
StatAmount
Fuel5
Food6
Morale7
Population7
Nukes1
Quorum Cards3
Distance4 of 8
Jump Prep3 (Risk of -3 Pop)
DamageNone
Boarding PartyNone
Vipers in Reserve4
Damaged Vipers2
Raptors3

Galactica Space
Fore (9 o'clock)Nothing
Starboard-bow (11 o'clock)Nothing
Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock)Nothing
Aft (3 o'clock)Nothing
Port-quarter (5 o'clock)Nothing
Port-bow (7 o'clock)Nothing

Rules are here. I'm too lazy to write up all the components, so find a handy list here. Note that this is the base game, so you'll have to ignore anything from Pegasus or Exodus.

Rules (stolen from Magua!):
Rules of Play
  • 1. No talking about the game outside of the game thread.
    Remember the Secrecy Rules
    . You are not allowed to say what cards you played into a skill check, or how many points you contributed. You are not allowed to specify any of your Loyalty or Quorum cards. If you are allowed to look at the top card of a deck, you cannot make specific statements about it. You are allowed to say you do or do not have a specific skill card ("If someone has a Strategic Planning, I'll activate FTL").
    Allowed
    : "I can take most of this check," "I can only help a little bit," "I can get halfway there," "This destination is good," "You don't want to look at my Loyalty cards, it'll be bad"
    Not Allowed
    : "I put in 5 points," "I put in a Scout for Fuel," "It's a 3-distance destination," "If you look at my Loyalty cards you'll be executed"
    For situations where you are given two (or more) cards, and you must pick one and bury the other(s), you are not allowed to say anything about the card(s) you buried.
    3. If it's private, PM. If it's public, post in the thread bolded.
    4. For skill checks, PM the cards you're playing, and post in the thread the number of cards you're playing.
    5. The time limit to make a decision, move, etc, is 36 hours. The time limit to play into a skill check is 24 hours.
    6. It is your responsibility to declare when you want to play an interrupt.
    7. Conditional orders are good, m'kay?
    8. If a roll is involved, feel free to make it with dice tags. However, Strategic Planning cannot be played after the dice have been rolled.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 am, edited 109 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

/in I love this game.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:56 am

Post by PrivateI »

/in
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

/In!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

/yes
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Never played it but /in
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:30 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I want to \in so much but STD is my brother, who I live with. I can promise that we won't discuss this game outside the thread, but I am okay to not play if you don't want that situation.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Nexus »

/in if FWTJR doesn't get in, or if CDB wants to play instead (CAN WE HYDRA)
Trans rights are human rights.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Since I'm opposed to the idea of first come first served on an internet forum where time zones can be an issue, I'm leaving signups open until 8:00 PM tonight, roughly 24 hours from when they opened, then I'll randomly pick 6 people to play. So don't feel left out if you didn't get in there fast enough; you still have a chance!

FWTJR, I don't really mind that you live with another player, but you're on the honor system if you both get in.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Aegor »

/in
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Porochaz »

/in with the same stipulations as Nexus.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

look, literally a world of yes
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 am

Can I recommend one house rule: using the Pegasus expansion version of the 'Investigative Committee' skill card, which explicitly does not play Destiny cards face up until after all other cards played in have been revealed? The base game version is a little broken.

EDIT: I'd also recommend the official No Sympathiser variant as detailed here (though with Boomer still allowed, given that her exclusion there is mainly due to component limitations in the box), seeing as the Sympathiser rules promote some kinda stupid and un-thematic play, as well as being pretty shit for whoever draws the card. As standard, 6p is a lot less good than 5p in the base game, though I'd still play without it.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm definitely going to be using the Pegasus version of Investigative Committee; I'm not sure about sympathizer, but I'll probably put it up for vote- if you get in, vote whether you want the Sympathizer as you're selecting your character, and I'll populate the Loyalty deck appropriately. Since the loyalty deck isn't built until after character selection anyway, that should work out.

If this plays out like I like, I'll probably start throwing in expansions, and then there'll have to be votes on whether we want to do stuff like the Cylon Fleet board, or which objective to pursue and so forth, so this should be a nice test of concept.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, I put all the names into random.org, and it gave me the following list:

Gammagooey
Nexus
ChannelDelibird
Save the Dragons
Porochaz
PrivateI
BipolarChemist
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
animorpherv1

Since we have 9, the last three get left out; I apologize to BipolarChemist, FWTJR, and ani, but there's not enough space. I can save you guys as replacements, or save you spots in the next game, if you like.

So, in the following turn order, choose your characters:
1. Gammagooey
2. Nexus
3. ChannelDelibird
4. Save the Dragons
5. Porochaz
6. PrivateI

When you select your character, remember to vote on whether you want to play No Sympathizer or normal.

Handy list for people who don't have the game handy and can't open the list in the link:
Military Leaders

William Adama
Leadership
, 2
Tactics

• Inspirational Leader: When you draw a Crisis Card, all 1 strength Skill Cards count positive for the skill check.
  • Command Authority: Once per game, after resolving a skill check, instead of discarding the used Skill Cards, draw them into your hand.
  • Emotionally Attached: You may not activate the “Admiral’s Quarters” location
  • Start: Admiral’s Quarters

Saul Tigh
Leadership
, 3
Tactics

• Cylon Hatred- When a player activates the “Admiral’s Quarters” location, you may choose to reduce the difficulty by 3.
  • Declare Martial Law- Action: Once per game, give the President title to the Admiral
  • Alcoholic: At the start of any player’s turn, if you have exactly 1 Skill Card in your hand, discard it.
  • Start: Command

Karl “Helo” Agathon
Leadership
, 2
Tactics
, 1
Piloting

• ECO Officer: During your turn, you may reroll a die that was just rolled (once per turn). You must use the new result.
  • Moral Compass: Once per game, after a player makes a choice on a Crisis Card, you may change it.
  • Stranded: Your character is not placed on the game board at the start of the game. While not on the game board, you may not move, be moved, or take actions. At the start of your 2nd turn, place your character on the Hanger Deck location.

Pilots

Lee “Apollo” Adama
Tactics
, 2
Piloting
, 2
Leadership
/
Politics

• Alert Viper Pilot: When a viper is placed in a space area from the reserves, you may choose to pilot it and take 1 action. You may only choose to do this if you are on a Galactica location, excluding the brig.
  • CAG- Action: Once per game, you may activate up to 6 unmanned vipers.
  • Headstrong: When you are forced to discard Skill Cards, you must discard randomly.
  • Start: Launch and pilot a viper

Kara “Starbuck” Thrace
Tactics
, 2
Piloting
, 1
Leadership
/
Engineering

• Expert Pilot: When you start your turn piloting a viper, you may take 2 actions during your Action Step.
  • Secret Destiny: Once per game, immediately after a Crisis Card is revealed, discard it and draw a new one.
  • Insubordinate: When a player chooses you with the “Admiral’s Quarters” location, reduce the difficulty by 3.
  • Start: Hanger deck

Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
Tactics
, 2
Piloting
, 1
Engineering

• Recon: At the end of your turn, you may look at the top card of the Crisis deck and place it on the top or bottom.
  • Mysterious Intuition: Once per game, before resolving a skill check on a Crisis Card, choose the result (Pass or Fail), instead of resolving it normally.
  • Sleeper Agent: During the Sleeper Agent phase, you are dealt 2 Loyalty Cards, and then moved to the Brig location.
  • Start: Armory

Political Leaders

Laura Roslin
Politics
, 2
Leadership

• Religious Visions: When you draw a Crisis Card, draw 2 and choose 1 to resolve. Place the other on the bottom of the deck.
  • Skilled Politician- Action: Once per game, draw 4 Quorum Cards. Choose 1 to resolve and place the rest on the bottom of the deck. You do not need to be President to use this ability.
  • Terminal Illness: In order to activate a location, you must first discard 2 Skill Cards.
  • Start: President’s Office

Gaius Baltar
Politics
, 1
Leadership
, 1
Engineering

• Delusional Intuition: After you draw a Crisis Card, draw 1 Skill Card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set).
  • Cylon Detector- Action: Once per game, you may look at all Loyalty Cards belonging to a single player.
  • Coward: You start the game with 2 Loyalty Cards.
  • Start: Research Lab

Tom Zarek
Politics
, 2
Leadership
, 1
Tactics

• Friends in Low Places: When a player activates the “Administration” or the “Brig” location, you may choose to reduce or increase the difficulty by 2.
  • Unconventional Tactics- Action: Once per game, lose 1 Population to gain 1 of any other resource type.
  • Convicted Criminal: You may not activate locations occupied by other characters (excluding the Brig)
  • Start: Administration

Support

“Chief” Galen Tyrol
Politics
, 2
Leadership
, 2
Engineering

• Maintenance Engineer: During your turn, after you use a “Repair” action card, you may take another action (once per turn).
  • Blind Devotion: Once per game, after cards have been added to a Skill Check (but before revealing them), you may choose a Skill type. All cards of the chosen type are considered strength 0.
  • Reckless: Your hand limit is 8 (instead of 10).
  • Start: Hanger Deck
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Aegor »

May I be a replacement/next game participant? Unless I am not allowed, or was left off the random.org list for some related reason.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 15, Aegor wrote:May I be a replacement/next game participant? Unless I am not allowed, or was left off the random.org list for some related reason.

I'll put you on the list; I'm very sorry that I overlooked you! I'll guarantee you a spot in the next game, if you want it.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Aegor »

Sure, and no problem! I love the board game, so I look forward to the next session.
M A S Q U E R A D E
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'll do replacement stuff if needed.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I am definitely cool to replace / be in for next game.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Replace sounds fine for me.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm going to take Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Nexus indicated by PM that he wants Laura Roslin. CDB indicated Adama as his next choice, but didn't specify if he meant Bill or Lee, so we'll need him to clarify.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:53 pm

I will indeed take William Adama (and vote for No Sympathiser). Y'all have correctly picked my top two choices in priority order; clearly, we should be perfectly in sync to blitz this game.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Then that brings us to STD.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”