Greed - Game 11 Round 5! RedCoyote to decide!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Greed - Game 11 Round 5! RedCoyote to decide!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

Welcome to Greed! The game where one player, in one game, could walk away with $2,000,000!

Tower of Greed:

Current Players:
Captain: RedCoyote
1st: JasonWazza
2nd: Save The Dragons
3rd: pablito

Terminated: diginova

Current Question:

Take the Bailout? Or press onward?

Round 5:
Which 4 of these US bill denominations have the most total number of bills in circulation?

A. $1

B. $20

C. $5

D. $50
E. $100

F. $10

(blue indicates answers selected)

High Scores:

Spoiler:
(keep in mind scores are hardly indicative of individual skill)

1. Blackberry 3 games played, $1,100,000.
2. CuddlyCaucasian 3 games played, $800,000.
3. BipolarChemist 2 games played, $704,000
4. RedCoyote 5 games played, $510,000.
5. doctorwho 2 games played, $500,000
6. D3f3nd3r 2 games played, $314,000
7. Xalxe 2 games played, $300,000
8. diginova 3 games played, $214,000
9. StrangerCoug 4 games played, $210,000
10. JDGA 4 games played, $110,000
10. JasonWazza 3 games played, $110,000

12. PrivateI 2 games played, $100,000
12. Fromage 1 game played, $100,000
12. Tatsuya Kaname 2 games played, $100,000
15. Elmo TeH AzN 2 games played, $14,000
16. Aronis 3 games played, $10,000
16. Save The Dragons 1 game played, $10,000
18. Cheery Dog. 1 game played, $4,000
19. puzzledan 1 game played, $0
19. mallowgeno 1 game played, $0
19. gamsimbre 1 game played, $0
Last edited by ForWhomTheJellyRolls on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:50 am, edited 264 times in total.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

How it Works:

General Info:

Spoiler:
Players will typically be given 24 hours to perform any task. Give me V/LA info beforehand.

The game starts with 6 players and lasts 8 rounds. Each round, for successful answers, the players move up the Tower of Greed. Players play as a team and split the winnings they receive; thus a team of 5 making it to the $500,000 question would each receive $100,000. The monetary value for each of the 8 rounds is listed above on the tower of greed.

Qualifying Question:

Spoiler:
The game starts with a qualifying question. The person who submits the answer closest to the correct answer becomes captain. The next closest gets the 1st position, the next closest the 2nd position, and so on until 5 players are chosen. In case of ties, the person who sent the PM the earliest will get the higher position.

Rounds 1-4:

Spoiler:
The first four questions are multiple choice questions. Round 1 and round 2 have 1 correct answer out of 4 possible answers, while round 3 and round 4 have 1 correct answer out of 5 possible answers.

The players are asked the questions in ascending order from position (position 4 gets question 1, position 3 gets question 2, etc.)

When it is a player's turn, they'll receive a PM and an announcement in thread with the question to answer. They'll have 24 hours to answer in thread. When they answer, the captain has 24 hours to accept or reject the answer. If the captain does not answer, I will assume they accept the answer (please don't wait for time to run out to accept, so we can speed the game along). If the captain rejects the answer, they must select another.

Other players MAY NOT HELP. When it is not your question, you may not suggest answers, provide input, or help in any way publically or privately.

I'm willing to be lenient with missed turns but if it keeps happening then I'll either replace or eliminate.

If a question is answered correctly players move up on the tower of greed. If incorrect, players lose all money earned from tower of greed. After this time, the captain indicates whether to go forward or to walk away with the money earned (though in the effort of speeding things along, I may remove this particular rule for the first four rounds. I will make it clear which way I go before the end of the qualifier.)

Rounds 5-8:

Spoiler:
From the fifth round onward, questions change format. Instead of 1 answer, each question will have 4 correct answers. Question 5 has 6 total choices, and each successive question has 1 more possible answer (so questions 6 has 7 choices, up to 9 choices for question 8). The category is revealed, and the captain has 24 hours to keep the money or continue. If no response is given, the default is to continue.

Players give answers in turn, starting from the lowest position (4th) and ending when 4 answers have been given.

Players may only give answers, they cannot suggest answers to be eliminated or answers they think are correct. They are allowed to express confidence in their answer given (if yellow, blue, and pink were answers to a question, "I'm sure it's yellow because I saw it this morning" is okay but "I'm sure it's yellow because it can't be blue or pink" is not).

Once each player in turn provides an answer to a question, the captain again has the power to reject one answer, or keep them the same. If the captain rejects an answer, they can change it to any other available answer. The captain is only allowed to change one answer. Once the choice has been made, the captain locks in the answers.

Round 8 will work differently in that the captain will not be allowed to change an answer unless there are still 5 people remaining, in which the captain will be allowed to change one answer. Otherwise the captain will simply give their answer(s) in turn. Question 8 is all or nothing. Players must get all 4 answers right to win. (Rule added by ForWhomTheJellyRolls for clarification)

Freebie:

Spoiler:
At the fifth question, the captain gets a freebie, which they can use on any question from then on to remove one of the wrong answers (selected at random). They can only use the freebie before answers are given, so the captain has an option to use the freebie after the category is revealed. The captain has 24 hours to use the freebie. The default is not to use the freebie.

Terminator:

Spoiler:
At the fifth question, the terminator begins. One player is randomly selected and is given the option to challenge another player on the team. If they challenge, they will receive $10,000 that they will take away no matter what. They may choose to decline to keep the team the same.

Terminator questions will be given in threes. Both players will get the same three questions and will have 24 hours to answer, via PM. The player that gets the most questions right stays in the game to play for both players’ share of the money, whoever is eliminated is gone from the game. In case of a tie, both players remain in the game, and the challenger gets to keep the $10,000.

The captain is eligible to be selected as the challenger for the terminator.

If the captain is in a terminator and the captain loses, then the player who wins the terminator becomes the new captain.

Teams of less than 5 players:

Spoiler:
Once one player has been terminated, there are only four members (three plus the captain). In this situation, the captain must provide the fourth answer.

Teams of less than 4 players:

Spoiler:
If there are less than 4 members of a team due to terminators, each player including the captain answers in turn, and then for each remaining answer, the captain may either answer or themselves or delegate it to another team member. After all answers have been selected, the captain still can only choose to change one answer.

Revealing Answers/Buyout:

Spoiler:
If the players get less than 3 correct answers after the answers are locked in, the players lose all winnings up to that point (except for any money earned from challenging others to the terminator).

If the players get at least 3 correct, the captain has 24 hours to decide whether they will take an offer of 10% of the potential winnings and walk away or see if their final answer is correct.

At question 7, a buyout offer of $100,000 is given to each player individually, if at least 3 answers are correct. The choice to do so is made in private. Any players walking away take home that $100,000 but do not subtract from the total prize money that any remaining players are playing for
(Rule changed by ForWhomTheJellyRolls reflected in Game 7 onward)

Before question 8, the captain is stripped of power and each player decides if they wish to continue or walk away. All players will know the category beforehand.

There is no buyout for getting 3 correct answers during question 8. (Rule added by ForWhomTheJellyRolls for clarification)

Highscore:

Spoiler:
Upon completion of the game, players are added to the high score list!

Important Rules:

Any ruling I make is final. I'll try my best to be impartial.

Questions will try to be as broad a scope as possible, but that's very hard to do, so apologies in advance.

This is not being played for real money. Also, have fun! I demand it.

NO GOOGLE. No outside information. The goal is to test your own knowledge, not see how well you can google answers. Do not cheat.

Please bold all answers so that I know for sure it's an answer.

Keep in mind that kibitzing is limited between players, refer above or ask to know what's allowed.

Be aware the game is cutthroat (it’s called Greed). This is not just a trivia game, it’s a game where someone else can intentionally or not ruin your chances of winning.

There is no queue for this game (as of current). Players can play in consecutive games but must sit out a third. Play is determined by answers to the qualifying question.

This rule only applies if you answer a question or make a decision. For instance if the captain walks away on the first question, only the captain and the player in the 4th position will be considered to have played the game.

If more than 5 people get the exact answer to the qualifying question, it will be thrown out.

Even if I do not update in 24 hours, deadlines are still typically going to be 24 hours.

I will publicly notify everyone of rule changes.

If you don't fully understand these rules, I will try to explain clearly how it works as we're going on and explain your options. PM me at any time with questions.

Special thanks to ForWhomTheJellyRolls for helping with setup and questions.

Special thanks to SaveTheDragons for setting up this game and helping with questions -Jelly
Last edited by ForWhomTheJellyRolls on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Qualifying Question!

Please PM answers to this me, do not post your answer in the thread.

Anyone may answer. I will select the 5 closest answers, and those 5 people will be our first team of players!

How many years have passed since the birth of Leonardo Da Vinci?

You have 24 hours from this post to give an answer if you'd like to play.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:38 am

Only a few more hours until the inaugural team is formed. Think you know the answer?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Alright. Let's see who made the cut and who's going back into the contestant pool. But first...

How many years have passed since the birth of Leonardo Da Vinci?

The answer is:

Leo was born in 1452, thus he was born
years ago! Let's see who came closest, and is Captain. With (545):

StrangerCoug!

In first position:

Oh...we have a tie! 540 and 584 are equidistant from 562. According the rules, the player who sends in the PM first gets the higher position. Thus:

D3fend3r! (540)

2nd position:

Xalxe! (584)

In 3rd position:

Another tie?

The remaining two players guessed.........

600!

In third position: doctorwho!
In fourth position: Aronis!

Thank you to all who gave an answer! If you like this system, or would rather do a queue, let me know. When this game is over, please try again.

I think 24 hours might be a little fast, let me know if you prefer 24 hour or 48 hour deadlines.

I will PM the players now and the first question will be up shortly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Question 1!

Aronis, you are up. Everyone else, keep in mind that Aronis needs to answer unaided. Once he has locked in an answer, it is up to the captain, StrangerCoug, to either accept or reject the answer.

Nice and easy (maybe) math question to start. Let’s see if you know the answer to this:

Please bold your answer so I know it's what you want. I forgot to mention this so I'll update the rules shortly.

Which of these is not a prime number?

A. 2
B. 7
C. 9
D. 13
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I like that system, by the way.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

The way you just did it keeps true to the show.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:49 pm

I like the qualifying question personally; I think it's just more fun. As long as I get responses and we get a good rotation of people I'd like to keep doing it this way, though if anyone has a complaint about it I'd love to hear it.

But if we had a queue I'd get rid of the qualifier (since it would suck to wait in a queue just to not be able to play...though that could happen anyway if someone gets a question wrong in rounds 1-3.) The Super Greed version of the show gets rid of the qualifying question.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Aronis »

C. 9
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Aronis has answered.

StrangerCoug, as captain it is in your hands now whether to accept that answer or reject and replace it.

Just as a note the captain doesn't have to wait for me to post, once they see the answer they can respond.

Also, on the condition that you are correct, to save time feel free to post if you wish to continue on to Round 2 or walk away with $5,000 each.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Accept Aronis' answer and continue on

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:20 am

Captain StangerCoug has accepted Aronis's answer. Is it correct?

Which of these is not a prime number?

A. 2
B. 7
C. 9

D. 13

Of course it is! With that, all five players have earned $5,000! It's not yours yet, however. Now it is doctorwho's turn to answer, and you will be playing for $50,000 to split.

We continue. Next question will be posted shortly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 am

It is doctorwho’s turn to answer. Welcome to the game! Hope you like cinema. Here is your question!

When The Academy Awards first increased the number of best picture nominations to 10 in 2009, which film won best picture?

A. The Hurt Locker
B. Argo
C. Avatar
D. Precious
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 am

Post by RedCoyote »

/in to replace
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I'll say
A. The Hurt Locker
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 pm

doctorwho has chose The Hurt Locker!

It is now time for StrangerCoug to once again either accept or reject that answer (and as before, either continue or walk away if that is the correct answer).
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I don't follow movies, so I'm putting my trust in doctorwho and
accepting his answer
. If he's right, I'll
move on
; if he's wrong, it's only $5,000.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Is that trust misplaced?

When The Academy Awards first increased the number of best picture nominations to 10 in 2009, which film won best picture?

A. The Hurt Locker

B. Argo
C. Avatar
D. Precious

A. The Hurt Locker

B. Argo
C. Avatar
D. Precious

Correct! (Argo won best picture in 2012; Avatar and Precious both were nominated in 2009 but did not win Best Picture).

We continue! Round 3 will begin shortly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Round 3!

It is now Xalxe’s turn. The questions will increase slightly in difficulty as one more wrong answer is added to the pile.

Which of these was not a horcrux for Voldemort in the Harry Potter series?

A. Tom Riddle's Diary
B. Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem
C. Helga Hufflepuff's Cup
D. Salazar Slytherin's Locket
E. Godric Gryffindor's Sword
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Are you shitting me

On phone but it's the sword

100% SC
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Accept

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Xalxe answers, and Strangercoug accepts!

A. Tom Riddle's Diary

Yeah...you might already know the answer...

A. Tom Riddle's Diary

It is indeed Godric Gryffindor's Sword!

You have climbed to the third rung on the tower of greed! $75,000 means $15,000 for everyone!

StrangerCoug, I need to know if you wish to stay, or continue to pursue $100,000. If you stop now, your team will take the top spot on the scoreboard (with $15,000 each). Or you can risk it...do you feel the need for greed?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I feel the need for greed

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:29 am

That is what we like to hear on Greed! And I'm sure D3f3nd3r likes that answer too, because now he gets a chance to play! We move on to round 4!

D3f3nd3r, welcome to the game! Here is your question.

Who is the current Secretary-General of the United Nations?

A. John Ashe
B. Ban Ki-Moon
C. Kofi Annan
D. Jan Eliasson
E. Boutros Boutros-Ghali

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”