Battlestar Galactica- Cylons Win!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I can't help.

0 cards.

:(
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

JDGA has no cards, so Prozac next.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Porochaz »

Eh, pass.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

2 mid. That emptied my hand so fingers crossed.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And CDB puts in "1 high" by PM. Contributions are:

Preventative Policy - 5
Investigative Committee - 3
Consolidate Power - 2
Consolidate Power - 1
Executive Order - 2

Run Interference - 4

Personal Vices - 3

For a total of 6: Failure!
Personal Vices causes each human player to draw a treachery.

-2 Population on a 4 or lower; Strategic Planning, anyone?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Actually, I'm going to call it here. After the die roll is resolved, the fleet jumps, and both options run the fleet out of Fuel, so the Cylons win no matter what happens with the die roll or what destination JDGA picks

The destinations, for the curious, were:
Barren Planet - Distance 2, -2 Fuel
Desolate Moon - Distance 3, -3 Fuel

Both of which end the game, since you have only 2 Fuel anyway.

As should come as no surprise, JDGA was Prozac's partner.

CDB's agendas:
A Justified Response- Cylon. Reveal this card if the fleet marker is on a blue space of the Jump Preperation track and there are no raiders, heavy raiders, or basestars on the board.
Pressure Their Leaders- Human. Reveal this card if the game is over and morale is 5 or less.
Fight With Honor- Cylon. Reveal this card if the game is over and you have at least three Treachery in your hand of skill cards.
A False Sense of Security- Cylon. Reveal this card if the game is over and morale is 3 or higher.

Of these, Pressure Their Leaders and Fight With Honor was complete, the other two weren't, which isn't good enough to claim victory.

So congratulations to Prozac and JDGA on their victory!
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:45 am

Post by JDGA »

Oh geeze, that justified response motive. And the second two agendas forced him onto the cylon side... damn.
Good game, all?
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:19 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

A Justified Response is a nightmare to fulfil with the fleet board, something which I didn't really appreciate until a few turns into the game. Everything was just peachy until morale dropped to 2, though. I couldn't remember if we'd already seen all of the morale-boost crises but we'd certainly had at least one... but yeah, that was immensely frustrating.

But good game, Cylons, you did exactly what you needed to do (and Prozac, who didn't have to delay for my sake but did anyway). And thanks very much to Sudo for sticking out this thing. I was tempted to run one myself, with some tweaks to characters and balance, after this game but the level of engagement in terms of keeping things moving here was really disappointing so I probably won't.
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Porochaz »

That's a pretty horrible set of agendas. If you hadn't hinted strongly you had the get past 7 distance card then I might have been more inclined to listen to you.

I have to say Im glad I took out the fuel when I did. It was only done to ensure that you guys had at most one jump left in you and ensure the win. (and to try and control CDB a bit, who I never really trusted) It must have sucked to know you were unlikely to win from about sleeper, and I am thankful you all stuck it out. I learnt that
forum
online BSG with scummers doesn't really work. It requires a dedication where you have to be in the thread throughout everyones turn and that didn't happen here. Town didn't gel together, there was very little teamwork until it was too late and that, I think, is probably the main factor of your loss. (and the fact that you were all so very unhappy)

Im not going to back and look but whoever worked out I was a cylon, frak you. Even though my favourite games of BSG are where I can just be an ass to the humans.

Things, in the latter part of the game seemed to just slot into place (the Airlock damage, heh) and felt like a 180 from earlier where things just seemed to slip out of my grasp every time. In related news, a minor gripe I have about the game, that I've felt in the last few games I've played is that if you fail a skill check, it's a bit too easy to wriggle out of it.

Was amused by the whole LLD/sky thing (from a cylon p.o.v. not a player of the game p.o.v. but its well trod ground) in that I was pretty certain neither of them were the cylons. Sky was, I felt, really obvious town and having played with LLD before, I knew this was her town play. (at that point I had StD as my buddy - there were off things, can't remember what)

Game was fun and thank you all for playing.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:39 am

I think that it is hard to play optimally when you're not face to face. It's hard to pay attention on other people's turns even with conditional actions. I wish I had been able to pay more attention.

It probably didn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, but I do wish the LLD/sky thing had happened differently. It influenced my opinion on LLD too much so I was pretty unwilling to help.

That said the cylons played pretty well, too, I guess I was a sucker for JDGA being like "I'm going to spend all billion of my actions removing raiders."

I think with a cylon leader, we couldn't really afford to make any mistakes with our accusations, which was disappointing because since we did we were pretty much screwed. Especially since I'm convinced Hot Dog is pretty disappointing. Yay piloting cards. Maybe if I had been piloting it would have been a little better.

I did have fun though! Thanks to all of you who played and thanks to Sudo_Nym for hosting.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:43 am

In post 1133, Porochaz wrote:That's a pretty horrible set of agendas. If you hadn't hinted strongly you had the get past 7 distance card then I might have been more inclined to listen to you.

I don't think I ever hinted at having such an agenda specifically - I might have said that I need more time, but that's because I did. I felt like some of my motives should have been relatively easy to deduce - I started to wonder if the reason why I wasn't getting much help in my repeated efforts to shoot things with Pegasus CIC was because the humans had twigged that I had A Justified Response, for example, while I rather heavy-handedly implied that I needed morale down early on, something on which I now obviously regret having pushed so heavily. But certainly Fight With Honour is hard to detect unless I go around drawing Treachery at the Captain's Cabin or anything. I wonder now whether I should have just taken the random discards on that last crisis even if it risked losing my grip on that motive, as it wouldn't have been any use without completing either of the other two as well. Ah well.

I was actually really hopeful at sleeper - it was obvious that the Cylons were more likely to win and I thought that I would probably be able to control morale. Alas.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:46 am

In post 1134, Save The Dragons wrote:Especially since I'm convinced Hot Dog is pretty disappointing. Yay piloting cards. Maybe if I had been piloting it would have been a little better.

I think the last sentence there is spot-on. I've really enjoyed playing Hot Dog recently but, if he's not able to actually use the cool piloting shit that he constantly draws, he loses a lot of his shine. When Starbuck, who demands to be the go-to pilot out in space, is your fellow pilot, it's not ideal. He works better alongside Boomer, Anders or Pilot Helo.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm curious as to whether this thing could be run better than I'd done. I've seen other forums, like Penny Arcade, run BSG quite successfully, so I'm curious how it could be tweaked to make it run smoother for the players. I don't know that I'd go this route again without some sort of improvement.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:36 am

I don't think that there's anything that I'd ask from you to do things differently, Sudo. As STD says, it just requires players to be checking in frequently (BGG's forums usually ask for once or twice a day) even when it's not their turn. COs are important as well, triply so if people don't check in as frequently. Neither of those things are something that you can really force through on players beyond a mountain of prods (which themselves may not necessarily be seen, despite representing frequent and tiring work for you). On MS, there aren't a lot of potential replacements for a BSG game so you can't afford to be strict in saying 'you didn't check in, so you're outta here'. The burden is really on the players to be invested. If I were to run a game, I don't know that I'd do it unless I knew for sure that the players who wanted in would do that.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Maybe that's the concern. BSG requires a lot of attention, and I'm not really comfortable demanding that people put their lives aside to play a forum game. Maybe it's just not as well suited as I'd have hoped.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:24 am

I think there's a lot of moving parts, and it might be easier if players had less options. I know I felt pretty silly when I'm like "wow, I could have probably done that if I were paying attention." It's hard to give a game of this scope the attention it requires on a forum. Another thing is like when I was dumb and didn't realize Sky Paladin could have been a cylon because he still had a card. In real life I would have known right away because I can look over there and be like "whoa he's got a card face down."

I thought you ran it pretty well and were always quick to update. I always have fun with this game.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Noooooooooooooo

RIP hoomans :(
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:38 am

In post 183, JDGA wrote:CDB, our known cylon, confirms himself to be a user of mafSilver.
Porochaz also claims to use mafSilver.
Therefore, Porochaz is a filthy toaster.
*sagely nod*

mafSilver is Cylon skin confirmed
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 1142, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 183, JDGA wrote:CDB, our known cylon, confirms himself to be a user of mafSilver.
Porochaz also claims to use mafSilver.
Therefore, Porochaz is a filthy toaster.
*sagely nod*

mafSilver is Cylon skin confirmed

Everyone knows that mafBlack is the official skin of the Colonies.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:36 am

Post by JDGA »

But I use mafBlack...
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 1144, JDGA wrote:But I use mafBlack...

And you were never officially revealed as a Cylon!
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ah, alas, woe to us! Well gg cylons, and thanks for running the game Sudo Nym. Would /in again :)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”