Murder in Small Town N - Applications

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Murder in Small Town N - Applications

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by JDodge »

(A JD/BBM Production)

In the quiet town of Pierce, New Hampshire, a killer is on the loose. A reward has been offered to 10 ordinary people. They have been sent to Pierce to play the killer's twisted game. Now, they must enter the mind of a killer, and solve the mystery before they are eliminated, one by one.

Welcome to Murder in Small Town N.

The Rules, Part 1: General

1. This is a high pressure game designed to test investigators' ability to solve a murder case while facing the constant threat of being killed off themselves. While we understand if tempers flare and things get a bit heated, please try to keep it within reason and please don't cross the line (the problem with rules like this is the line will always be arbitrary - you will always be warned that you are crossing it far before any action is taken) into just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. At the end of the day, it's still just a game.

2. Neither of the moderators are completely infallible. If you believe there has been an error, please privately contact one of us and we will discuss and handle it appropriately.

3. This game has involved a very, very significant amount of writing and planning. However, because we are using real, live human actors and not just playing every character ourselves, and because of the somewhat freeform nature of people being allowed free reign to investigate however they feel, there's every chance for this planning and writing to come a bit off the rails. We ask that you please bear with us if we are slow updating, as it likely means we're having to rewrite large amounts of script as we go.

4. A lot of things in this game will be kept private, either to just the players themselves, or to groups of players. You are allowed to freely share any information that you find with your fellow investigators, HOWEVER you are NOT allowed to screenshot or otherwise undermine our attempts to KEEP those parts of the game private. You must exercise restraint, and share information in your own words, not ours.

5. Do not talk about the game outside of any forums provided for you to specifically talk about the game. This includes dead investigators, actors, and spectators.

The Rules, Part 2: Gameplay

1. You have the word of the moderators that the following are all predetermined, and will not in any way, shape, or form be edited over the course of the game: actor deaths, killer's game locations (and which is the killer clue, and which has the killer), the killer's identity, killer clues (found at the end of killer's games).

2. This game is ANONYMOUS - the identity of the actors portraying all characters will be kept secret until the end of the game, as well as the true identity of all investigators.

3. At the beginning of the game, a lifeguard will be chosen from the 10 investigators by a random draw. The lifeguard is exempt from playing the Killer's Game, but they will also not be in the field during investigations for their time as lifeguard. They also have numerous responsibilities involving the Killer's Game.

4. Each "episode", the lifeguard will assign investigators to teams, each of which will go out on different investigative tracks. During these tracks, the investigators are allowed to do whatever they'd like in the name of investigation, but keep in mind that all actions have consequences, and that if you are ever alone, you are at risk from the killer.

5. At the end of each "episode", there will be a red envelope and a black envelope. The red envelope contains a question posed by the killer about the investigation so far - answer it correctly, and a suspect will be cleared. Answer it incorrectly, and you gain nothing. The black envelope contains two locations for the Killer's Game. At one location will be a vital clue towards solving the case. At the other location, the killer will be waiting, and one investigator will not return.

6. The first investigator to play the Killer's Game will be decided by a vote of all players EXCEPT the lifeguard. If there is a tie, the lifeguard will break the tie. The second investigator will be chosen by the lifeguard themselves. Following this, the lifeguard will select which envelope (A or B) will go to which investigator, thus giving the investigators their destinations for that night's Killer's Game.

7. All Killer's Games will be conducted via private message. Feel free to talk about them as much or as little as you'd like if you are the investigator who returns.

8. All suspects will be played by real, live, human actors selected from our application process. They are to remain anonymous at all times, and revealing your identity as an actor is grounds for immediate dismissal from your position as an actor.

9. Actors have NOT been informed if their character is the killer, and will not be unless the game state calls for it.

10. These rules may be edited, amended, added to, or otherwise tampered with at any time at the discretion of the moderators. Everyone involved with the game will be informed of any changes, and we will try our best not to hand down retroactive punishments for breaking new rules - this will only happen in case of a severe emergency that threatens the sanctity of the game.

Applications will run for at least one week, if not a bit longer - the game will not start until the completion of Left Out 2015, in order to prevent JD's moderating load from driving him insane.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Bump!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Titus »

Are we supposed to use RL people as inspiration? Can I see a sample?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 11:35 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 2, Titus wrote:
Are we supposed to use RL people as inspiration? Can I see a sample?

Can be real, can be fictional. All I need is to be able to find a clear picture of them.
stream

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Bump bump bump
Bump to the top
Bump away your inhibitions
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by xofelf »

You actually went there? Wow. Are you going to be okay man?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 8:09 am

Post by JDodge »

Currently up to 9 actor applications and 7 investigator apps - need 3 more invs!
stream

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Titus »

Bump. :) it'll be fun.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:38 am

Post by JDodge »

2 more days on apps, still in need of investigators~
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by JDodge »

Last day for apps, get em in folks!
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

Applications for investigators and actors are now
closed
. We'll be working on processing them tonight and by tomorrow we'll be starting the pre-game process (we have some things that need to be discussed with both the investigators and actors before the game starts).
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by JDodge »

We've assigned the actors their roles and chosen the investigators. As soon as setup is finished the actors will be PM'd their assignments and given their identities, and the investigators will be given access to their training info, which will explain the game and what is required of them. In addition, the spectators will be given access to the board. All applications were accepted
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by JDodge »

Actors and investigators have access to the forums, spectator access will come tomorrow.
stream

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Would it be possible to get a cast reveal for this?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That would be brilliant, actaully.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Or we could use our sleuthing skills and guess.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:02 am

Post by JDodge »

Will post the basic list when I get home from work. Sorry for not writing an ending, I lost a lot of my notes in a computer crash and I couldn't think of a fully satisfactory conclusion (I was setting up the base mysteries that would form the path to the killer; I hadn't actually laid the groundwork for anyone to figure it out yet).
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

This is going to be relatively rough and graceless, so sorry.

Investigators

Adrian
- Narninian
Athena
- Titus
Capa
- Reck
Horatio
- STD
Irene
- LLD
Kate
- yurikojasmine
Thomas
- ZZX
Victoria
- Bellaphant
Harlan
- xofelf

Actors

Annie, Danny, Elaine
- JDodge
Brian
- JDGA
Charlene, Willard
- SleepyKrew
Frank, Leo
- PapaZito
June
- BBM
Mark, Scott
- PEG
Michelle
- Cuddly
Peggy
- Cephrir
Robert
- scot
Samuel
- KingdomAces
stream

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Do we get to know who the murderer was, or are you going to leave it in case you want do do something with the rest of the script?
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 18, KingdomAces wrote:Do we get to know who the murderer was, or are you going to leave it in case you want do do something with the rest of the script?

I don't thi nk I can do anything with the rest of the script. It's not possible to even begin to solve the mystery, but Elaine was to be the eventual murderer. She was going to be revealed to be Christopher's wife, having escaped from prison - it was also to be revealed that the actual murderer of Christopher was William Dawson. I was just starting up the Carr case as a thing - the actual "who is the murderer" clues didn't exist yet, only the groundwork necessary to solve.
stream

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I applaud you for attempting this and I regret not being able to see it to completion. It was fun, and thanks for the reveal.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”