Worldwide Flight Race 2 - Who came first?

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:08 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

How dare you overtake me.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:10 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'm pretty sure we all started from practically the same position.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Felissan »

Of all the things there are in Paris, you just had to choose the traffic jams.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by pablito »

Here's the actual game text:

B- X:XX 24 Mar 2016 You have arrived in Paris and must now take a cab to Place de la Concorde. If you arrived outside of Paris, it may take you longer to arrive at the Place de la Concorde. Once there you must assemble a bicycle and show it to the judge before leaving. You must then bicycle down the Champs-Elysees past the Arc de Triomphe and finally to L'Arche de la Defense. Once there, collect your clue and go to Paris-Charles de Gaulle International Airport. More effort will result in assembling and riding the bike more efficiently. (Max 6:00 or 6:50)

Note: Please reply within 24 hrs of this message being sent. Failure to do so will result in a penalty of 15 game minutes and 5 effort points. Upon a third penalty, you will be disqualified from the race.

Those are the "busy streets" that the recap allude to.

Also this round is 17/30 complete.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by pablito »

26/30 complete. This one went by quickly.
Sup, later.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by N »

I guess we know who was holding us back in the previous legs...
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

What was I meant to do when the ferry wormholes suddenly make a comeback.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:00 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Don't worry, I'm still here to hold things up. Didn't even need operating hours to argue about this time.

Edit: and done now.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 am

Post by pablito »

6 racers started off before sunrise from El Faro de Moncloa in Madrid, Spain to continue a race around the world. The 6 racers rested at the pitstop for the required 12 hour rest period. During the early morning, racers went out to El Parque de Buen Retiro to the lagoon in the middle of the park. There racers had to bail out the water from a water-logged boat. Once they finished, they would receive a clue directing them to head to London with its multiple airports!

It appears that specific alliances go to specific airports, which may make the difference between first and last place. Most players left toward London on different airlines, and one of them got racers there hours ahead of the rest of the pack. After a short activity at Wembley, racers headed off to Heathrow to head off toward...New York City!

Early racers were able to continue their lead and land in New York before rush hour, while others took a risk to conserve most of their effort for when they landed in New York. It turns out that conserving energy for New York City was either a huge benefit or a huge loss, as quick tasks in Times Square took some players only minutes to complete, while others found themselves far behind as a result. In the end...

The first player to arrive...

Spoiler:
At 25 Mar 2016 21:04 was
Cheery Dog
!

Spoiler:
In second at 25 Mar 2016 21:59 was
N

Spoiler:
In third at 26 Mar 2016 01:12 was
lilith2013

Spoiler:
In fourth at 26 Mar 2016 01:28 was
D3f3nd3r

This means there are only two players left to arrive...

Spoiler:
In fifth at 26 Mar 2016 01:29 was
inspiratieloos
!

Spoiler:
In sixth at 26 Mar 2016 13:50 was
Save the Dragons
Save the Dragons
has been the seventh racer eliminated from worldwide flight race.

Continuing racers will have a rest period of 12 hours and then will be able to leave after they have been at the pitstop for 12 hours, this time will be reflected to you in your personal thread which will be posted later today.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by pablito »

5 racers started off before sunrise from Times Square in New York City to continue a race around the world. We are in the semi-finals and it's almost time to crown a winner! The 5 racers rested at the pitstop for the required 12 hour rest period. During the morning, racers went out to Atlantic City during rush hour and some racers found themselves in rough traffic. After a long arduous task of trying to find a marked card in the deck of all active table games, players had to head back to New York for a flight toward Atlanta, GA! Additionally, before arriving in New York, racers had to pick an airport. Some ended up switching to a different one...only time will tell if it helped out in the end or not.

In Atlanta, racers had to complete a long task, and some recognized that it would take all night and therefore decided to conserve energy. Others attempted to race out before the end of the night, but all ended up sleeping in airports on their way to...Orlando, FL!

In the early morning, racers took different flights. Arrival times were all different. Then racers headed off to Gatorland and then Universal Studios for the finish line. Of the 5 racers, 4 would make it to the final leg of the race! In the end...

The first player to arrive...

Spoiler:
At 10:05 was
D3f3nd3r
!

Spoiler:
In second at 10:09 was
inspiratieloos

Spoiler:
In third at 10:47 was
N

This means there are only two players left to arrive...

Spoiler:
In fourth at 12:22 was
Cheery Dog
!

Spoiler:
In fifth at 13:47 was
lilith2013
lilith2013
has been the eighth racer eliminated from worldwide flight race.

Continuing racers will have a rest period of 12 hours and then will be able to leave after they have been at the pitstop for 12 hours, this time will be reflected to you in your personal thread which will be posted later.
Sup, later.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I thought I was a goner after my horrible decision in New York.

You're probably safe from me if we remain in America.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I made extremely poor timing choices in this one.. Sigh
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by N »

Glad I wasn't the only one! (and also glad my mistakes apparently weren't the worst!)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Seriously? WTF did you guys do? I was sure I'd be in last place by hours even if you guys made mistakes.

In post 111, lilith2013 wrote:I made extremely poor timing choices in this one.. Sigh

What was your route?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Post by N »

I just put in my last action. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to win, but I really enjoyed this game.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

I think everyone has a decent chance. It mostly comes down to alliances, I think I'm about as close to optimal as I could have gotten without hindsight.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:49 am

Post by pablito »

This race is going to be finished today. Let's set the finale reveal for 5pm EST. Comes down all to minutes.
Sup, later.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Totally not submitting my last action until 6 then.

Jk, it's in there now. That's still a big call to have made when you were waiting on someone waking up on a Saturday morning.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:25 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I think I did well? But I'm not sure, comes down to one decision that I think I did right but I dunno.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:03 am

Post by pablito »

Btw, did anyone figure out the secret key to knowing most of the upcoming airport locations?
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:28 am

Post by pablito »

4 racers (Cheery Dog, D3f3nd3r, inspiratieloos, and N) started off in the middle of the night from Universal Studios in Orlando, FL to complete a race around the world. This is the final leg and the racer who wins this leg will win the entire race! The 4 racers rested at the pitstop for the required 12 hour rest period. Over night, racers were instructed to head toward Walt Disney World monorail and pick up their clue on a ride on the monorail. From there, players had to head back to...surprise, surprise, New York City.

All racers took their time on the monorail and chose to conserve energy for later. As such, they all arrived at Orlando International Airport (MCO) before all the flights took off. Even though 2 of the racers had One World as their preferred alliance (and 2 were Star Alliance fans), only 1 racer chose to take the One World flight and the remainder went on Star Alliance.

In NYC, racers headed to Fire Island Pines to complete a strip tease for ogling beach guests! From there, they had to head to their pre-announced NYC airport. Once at Fire Island, racers headed to their airport, but once at the airport, they had the option to head toward a different airport, which one racer had opted to do...will it be the difference? All racers found out that their next flight was to Washington DC! In fact, all racers headed out around the same time and ended up on two different flights. But the arrival times between both flights was...ONLY TEN MINUTES!

In Washington DC, racers went to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum to complete the first memory puzzle about the locations already visited. It was a tough task and racers had to determine whether to exert energy here or in the next task. D3f3nd3r seemed to remember the maps the best and was the first to complete this and headed outside to complete the final task...a map of the world requiring racers to trace their entire round-the-world trip!

While D3f3nd3r was already at the map, N and Cheery Dog soon followed leaving inspiratieloos last...

The map was rigorous, but it was clear that whomever had the most energy remaining would complete it quicker. Who was the last to complete?

Spoiler:
In fourth place was
Cheery Dog
at 19:44! Cheery Dog had spent so much energy at Orlando International Airport trying to switch flights and was clearly exhausted in the final task...who finished third?

Spoiler:
In third was
N
at 19:25! N headed to EWR in NYC and therefore had to spend some energy switching alliances to get the best flight. Spending that extra energy at the airport counter had caused a bit of delay in the final task!

This only leaves 2 players...who finished first?

Spoiler:
In second was
D3f3nd3r
at 19:19. D3f3nd3r chose LGA and therefore had to spend some time at the airport counter as well...

Spoiler:
In first was
inspiratieloos
at 18:52! inspiratieloos went to LGA, but was the one that switched to EWR. This allowed a taxi to spend more energy and therefore
inspiratieloos
had many more points in the final task than anyone else!
inspiratieloos
is the overall winner of the Worldwide Flight Race 2!

Thanks for being pretty awesome at sending in responses right away. Apologies for any mistakes along the way. You guys were really good at finding flights. Very rarely did someone pick a non-optimal flight. I'll work on making the board completely public so you can all look at all racing legs together.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:34 am

Post by pablito »

All of the Leg archived boards should now be open to those that have registered for the board.
Sup, later.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Those 5 EP I wasted by being late getting the flight to New York :(
Was not a good time to incur a penalty.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 am

Post by pablito »

In post 119, pablito wrote:Btw, did anyone figure out the secret key to knowing most of the upcoming airport locations?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... t&start=50

WFR2 was generally the reverse of WFR1, with exceptions of the final leg moving from Rio (GIG) to Orlando (MCO), 4th leg moving from MOW to STO as the ending due to changes in flight alliances, 3rd leg changing to SHA instead of ICN due to flight alliance changes, and 1st leg switching to LAS.

If you had figured that out, you pretty much would've known all of the upcoming moves. All tasks were 80% copied from WFR1 as well, except when city changed or to balance out the type of tasks.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by pablito »

Here were all the alliance choices:

Aronis ST>SA>OW
Celandia SA>ST>OW