Escape From the Aliens in Outer Space [TURN 3 - XALEX]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Escape From the Aliens in Outer Space [TURN 3 - XALEX]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Cybele »

INTRODUCTION
For the last four years, medical équipe led by doctor Antonio Merz has been working on spaceship SELVA to find the cure for the Bellavita’s disease, a brain-degenerative illness that has been killing people on Earth by the millions. In the last few weeks research had begun showing positive results thorough the implantation of alien spores in the cerebral cortex of a selected number of guinea pigs. On the morning of the 26th of July chief medical attendant Fabrizio Miraggio was put in quarantine following an incident with one of the experimental animals: security personnel had to forcefully block him while he was trying to devour Bibsy-332, an experimental monkey carrying the spores.
ON THE 28TH OF JULY ALL COMMUNICATION WITH SPACESHIP SELVA CEASED.

Escape From the Aliens In Outer Space is a card game of strategy and bluff set on a badly damaged deep space research ship. On-board systems have failed, plunging the ship into darkness. But even worse: a mysterious alien plague has crept aboard and is transforming the human crew into horrendous monsters!The remaining crewmen desperately try to save their lives by escaping from the derelict spaceship, but in the darkness the aliens are lurking… hungry for human flesh!

THE MAP

Spoiler: Rules in here
OBJECT OF THE GAME
In Escape From the Aliens In Outer Space, each player assumes the role of either a Human or an Alien. The Humans are trying to save themselves by reaching the Escape Hatches. The ALIENS seek to hunt down all the HUMANS. Each player’s identity and position is kept secret: you will need to interpret the movements and behaviors of the other players to learn who and what they really are!

THE BASIC GAME
SETTING UP
• I will keep a copy of the map in the OP. All players are encouraged to use copies of this map to keep track of any notes they like. Since this is the first time we are playing, we'll start with the GALILEI Zone.
• I will shuffle, and draw all DANGEROUS SECTOR cards for each player, after each of their movements.
• Half of the players must be Aliens, and the other half must be Humans. Your role is determined by the CHARACTER CARDS, which I will deal out at the beginning of the game. Do not reveal your identity!
• We will not be using ITEM CARDS or ESCAPE HATCH CARDS for our first, basic game.

YOUR OBJECTIVE
• Each Human player plays by himself, trying to be the first to reach one of the Escape Hatches.
• The Aliens try to work together and intercept the Humans before they reach an Escape Hatch.
But, at the beginning of the game you don’t know what side the other players are on! You will need to deduce their identity by watching their actions.

THE MAP
The Map shows a diagram of one Zone aboard the spaceship. A grid of hexagons has been placed over the ship to control movement. Each hexagon is called a SECTOR, and every Sector is identified by a letter and a number. The combination of letter and number is the Coordinates for that Sector. Special Sectors, such as the Alien Sector, are marked with symbols and do not have Coordinates. We're playing in GALILEI – the perfect Zone for new players: it is perfectly balanced between the Humans and the Aliens.

GAME TURNS
Begin by randomly choosing a First Player. The game will be played over a series of rounds. During each round, starting with the First Player and going clockwise, each player must move their character. Your character type determines the distance you can move:
• HUMANS move only one Sector
• ALIENS move one or two Sectors
There are no pieces to move in this game. Instead, choose your destination by looking at The Map and telling me your new location by PMing the Sector Coordinates. You can never end your turn in the same sector you started in. YOU MUST MOVE EVERY ROUND.
EXAMPLE: Silvano Porpora (a Human) is currently in Sector D09 of the Galilei Zone. He can move to D08, C09, C10, E10 or E09 this turn. He decides to move to Sector D08, and so PMs me: "I am moving from sector D09 to D08.", or whatever, as long as your intent is clear.

There are five different types of Sectors, which are shown on your Map Sheet. The Sector type determines what happens next:
• SECURE SECTOR:Image If you end your move in a Secure Sector, your turn is over.
• DANGEROUS SECTOR:Image If you end your move in a Dangerous Sector, you must draw a Dangerous Sector Card and follow its instructions. Then your turn is over. Exception: Do not draw a Dangerous Sector Card if you attack another player (see “Attacking”).
• HUMAN SECTOR:Image This is the starting Sector for all Human players. After the game begins, no player can move through or end their move in this Sector.
• ALIEN SECTOR:Image This is the starting Sector for all Alien players. After the game begins, no player can move through or end their move in this Sector.
• ESCAPE HATCH SECTOR:Image Humans must reach one of these Sectors to win. Only Human players can end their move on an Escape Hatch Sector.
After moving, you may try to attack another player (see “Attacking”). If not, or after your attack is complete, your turn ends and the player to your left begins their turn.
EXAMPLE: Silvano has moved into Sector D08, which is a Dangerous Sector. So, he must draw a Dangerous Sector Card. If he had moved to D10 instead, he would not draw a card because D10 is a Secure Sector.

DANGEROUS SECTORS
If you end your move in a Dangerous Sector, you must draw a Dangerous Sector Card (unless you are attacking another player, in which case no card is drawn). There are three types of Dangerous Sector Cards:
NOISE IN YOUR SECTOR
: If you draw a Noise In Your Sector card, you must announce your current location by saying “NOISE IN SECTOR [X, Y]” where “[X, Y]” is the Coordinates of the Sector you just moved into.
NOISE IN ANY SECTOR
: If you draw a Noise In Any Sector card, you may fake your posi-tion. You must announce “NOISE IN SECTOR [X, Y]” where “[X, Y]” is the Coordinates of any Sector you choose (including the one you moved into).
SILENCE
: If you draw a Silence card, you must announce “SILENCE IN ALL SECTORS”.
IMPORTANT: All Dangerous Sector Cards are never revealed to the other players! For the purpose of card-counting, there are 10
NOISE IN YOUR SECTOR
, 10
NOISE IN ANY SECTOR
, and 5
SILENCE
cards in the DANGEROUS SECTOR DECK. I will announce when I am reshuffling the deck.
EXAMPLE: Silvano draws this card: this is a Noise in Any Sector card, so he can choose any Sector on the map. He declares:“There is noise in Sector N10”, hoping to confuse the Alien players looking for him.

ATTACKING
An Alien player may decide to attack at the end of his turn, after moving. If you attack, do not draw a Dangerous Sector Card, even if your move ends in a Dangerous Sector. Follow these steps to resolve your Attack:
1. Announce that you are attacking by saying “I ATTACK IN SECTOR [X, Y]” where “[X, Y]” is the Coordinates of the Sector you just moved into. Do this in-thread instead of PMing me your movement, as there's no point to doing both.
2. If any player is also in that Sector, they must declare it (or, I will :P). That player’s character is automatically killed, whether they are Human or Alien, and that player is out of the game. The eliminated player's Character Card is also revealed to all players.
EXAMPLE: Paolo Landon, the “Fourth Alien,” is not tricked by Silvano’s subterfuge. He moves to Sector D08, guessing that Silvano is there. Instead of drawing a Dangerous Sector Card, he announces, “I attack in Sector D08!” Poor Silvano! He has been captured by the Aliens and killed. His player is now out of the game.

HINT: As soon as you attack, you will reveal that you are an Alien! Humans cannot attack. Be careful not to tip off your opponents too early!

THE END OF THE GAME
The Basic Game ends when one of the following happens:
1. One of the Humans reaches an Escape Hatch Sector. THAT PLAYER LEAVES THE SHIP AND WINS THE GAME!
2. All Human players are eliminated before any can leave the spaceship: THE ALIENS WIN THE GAME!
3. 39 rounds have been played before any Humans escape: THE ALIENS WIN THE GAME!

TURN ORDER
Aronis
BipolarChemist
Axxle
DeathNote
Felissan
PrivateI
Xalxe
animorpherv1
Last edited by Cybele on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:32 am, edited 23 times in total.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Cybele »

To clarify, either one Human will win, or all Aliens will win together. There is no joint Human win condition.
Also, with 8 players, there are 4 humans and 4 aliens.
Last edited by Cybele on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Axxle »

Skitters /in to play
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Post by Cybele »

http://www.escapefromthealiensinoutersp ... alilei.jpg if you would like a larger version of the map to use.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Aronis »

/in
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

/in
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Xalxe »

/in
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:26 am

Post by PrivateI »

/in
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:35 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

/in
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Felissan »

/in
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Cybele »

We're almost full. Depending on how this goes, I'll probably run it again, but with the advanced rules and possibly another map. Feel free to join the waiting list if you miss this run.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:37 am

Post by DeathNote »

Al/ien
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Cybele »

Ok I'll shuffle the deck/roles and start the game tonight. Get spook!
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Cybele »

Okay, let's get this started. First, turn order:
random.org wrote:There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

2 Aronis
6 BPC
1 Axxle
8 DeathNote
7 Felissan
5 PrivateI
4 Xalxe
3 animorpherv1
Timestamp: 2016-03-08 23:32:25 UTC, IP: 207.161.108.20

Dealing out roles next. Expect PMs shortly.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Cybele »

Roles sent out, shuffling the DANGEROUS SECTOR deck now, and Aronis may take his turn whenever he wishes. Deadline will be decided on in a lil bit, I gotta go.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Cybele »

LOL I OOPSIED. One sec, I mixed up the win condition messages in the PMs. Fixes incoming.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I read my PM.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Cybele »

ROUND 1 - ARONIS

Please PM me the coordinates of the sector you wish to move to.

Deadline is 24 hours.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Aronis »

《《 SILENCE IN ALL SECTORS 》》
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Cybele »

ROUND 1 - BPC

Deadline is 24 hours.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Cybele »

Oh, and y'all are free to talk in-thread all you like. Just no private communication with anyone that's not me.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

So did Aronis move into a safe sector, or did he draw a silence card? Or do we not know?
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Cybele »

He moved into a dangerous sector and drew a silence card. I'll be sure to make that clearer in future turns, sorry.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

Okay, thanks.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Cybele »

BipolarChemist has moved into a safe sector and his turn is over.

ROUND 1 - AXXLE

Deadline is 24 hours.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”