Lottery

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Lottery

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Ircher »

Welcome to the lottery where it's your goal to come out with the most money!

Rules

1. You may /in at anytime. There is no set playerlist.
2. Private communication is allowed; however, any private transactions made must be done with me as a recipient.
3. Don't try to game the system (if that's possible)
4. Do not imitate the mod.
5. General site rules apply.
6. Have fun!
7. Any amendments to this ruleset will be noted in-thread.

The mod cannot enter any drawings; however, all commissions and IC spent on losing tickets go to the mod. The mod uses his own cash when making trades with other players. (Though he still receives the commission fee in applicable trades).

How to Play

All players when they /in or whatever begin with
100 I-Coins
(Or IC for short). These coins can be spent to buy tickets (see below). Your objective is to make the most money you can. You may also buy/sell stuff from the shop and make trades with other players. Do note: there is a 10% commission fee on any and all trades made. Finally, you may also try to bargain with me.

There are several different draws; each of them have different mechanics/rules and are described in the below spoiler:

Spoiler: Basic Draw Types
First of all, most of the number generation will be accomplished by using Dice Tags in-thread.
First is the cost to buy your first ticket for that drawing.
Cost is cost for subsequent tickets.
Rate is how often draws are made.

1. General Draw
- First=Free; Cost=X IC (X is number of previous tickets you've purchased); Rate=Weekly
This one is simple. All you do is state that you are purchasing a ticket for the general draw. I will roll a single number from 1 to 2N-P where N is the number of tickets purchased for this drawing and P is the number of players who entered the drawing. If your number is drawn (numbers are given in sequential order) then you will receive a number of I-Coins equal to the max number that can be drawn. In addition, if you win, any IC's spent to purchase tickets for this drawing will be refunded. This one is drawn once per week.

2. Lucky 7
- First=5 IC; Cost=6 IC; Rate=Twice-a-Week
This one is a little more complex. You must pm me a number from 1 to 3 indicating the EXACT number of 7's you think I will roll via 2d389 (Max is 778). Everyone who guesses correctly will split 50*(S^2)where S is the number of 7's that were in the final result) as evenly as possible with those who submitted their pms first receiving any extra IC. This one is drawn twice-a-week.

3. Jackpot Lottery
- First=10 IC; Cost=25+X IC; Rate=Monthly
This one is the one where you could strike it rich or lose a fortune. Each time you purchase a ticket, you must submit to me a number from 50 to 25000. Each month, I will role a 50d500 die. If someone correctly guesses the EXACT number I roll, then that player(s) will win/share the jackpot (and the jackpot will be reset). Otherwise, the number of tickets sold times 9 (9*T) will be added to the jackpot, and closest winner(s) (closest guesses; ties such as 5 and 7 is the correct number is 6 are broken by the lower number winning) will receive 200 IC each.

Next Drawing: In approximately (expired on 2016-05-02 00:00:00).

4. Cumulative Lottery
- First=2 IC; Cost=10 IC; Rate=Weekly
The way this one works is you submit me a number from 1 to 15. Each time a person buys a ticket, the amount of IC spent go to a special pot. If the number generated is chosen, then all the people who chose that number will split as equally as possible (again, those who buy first get more) whatever is in that pot plus 20 I-Coins. On the other hand, if no one guesses correctky, then the mod wins the money!

5. Risky Lottery of Gambits
- First=50 IC; Rate=Monthly
For all of you big risk-takers out there. The way this works is you submit to me a number from 1 to 500. You may not choose a number someone else has already chosen. You must also submit to me a "bonus" number from 1 to 4.

I will roll 2 numbers: the first is 1d500. If you get this number exactly, you automatically win at least 2,500 IC. On the other hand, if the absolute distance between your number and the winning number is the highest (if tie between positive & negative, higher number loses), then you could potentially lose a fortune. Everyone else has a chance to win a small amount of IC. (If only 1 player plays and that player wins, they will not be penalized.)

The second is a 1d4. If your number does not match it, then the below rules apply:
If you won: You win 2,500 IC!
If you lost: You lose 500 IC (money cannot go negative)! Ouch!
Everyone Else: You win nothing, but you lose nothing.

Otherwise, the following rules apply if you DO get the bonus number:
Win: Gain 2,500 IC * B where B is the bonus number.
Lose: Lose 350 IC * B
Everyone Else: You win 75 IC.

Obviously, the more who try this one, the less likely you are to lose a fortune. You may only purchase 1 ticket a time for this one.

Next Drawing: In approximately (expired on 2016-05-06 00:00:00).

6. Trade Drawing
- First=Free (But read the description) Rate=Monthly
The way this one works is you choose to bet any tradeable store item that you own to enter it into the drawing. The moderator will give you tickets based on the value of the item, at a rate of 1 Ticket per 25 IC. Tickets are numbered sequentially. The winner will receive all the items that were staked.

Next Drawing: In approximately (expired on 2016-05-13 00:00:00).

Spoiler: Special Draw Types
All of these are drawn either monthly or quarterly (3 months).
You cannot purchase tickets; instead, for these drawings, you will receive tickets for having certain things happe.

Rate is how often it is drawn.
Winner's Drawing
- Rate=Quarterly
To enter this drawing, you must be a winner of one of the basic drawings since the last winner drawing. Each winner will be given a winner ticket and numbers will be assigned sequentially.

Two different dice will be rolled: the first one is 1 to the number of winner tickets. Whoever's number is rolled on this die wins the winner's drawing. (There is never a loser for this drawing).

The other die is a 1d6 and determines what the winner gets.
1 - The winner walks away with 3,500 IC!
2 - The winner walks away from 2 free Jackpot tickets! (This will increase the cost of subsequent tickets and you must tell me numbers they are for).
3 - The winner gets a complementary blue membership for the following month at the lottery!
4 - The winner gets to pick one thing (that's tradeable) in the store to keep! (Disclaimer: Must be tradeable and cannot be worth more than 5,000 IC)
5 - The winner receives 7,000 IC!
6 - The winner may choose any of the other prizes (1-5 above) to win.

Next Drawing: In approximately (expired on 2016-06-30 00:00:00).

Moderator's Choice Lottery
- Rate=Monthly
You should look at this one's description every once in a while, as it will change. Also, unlike most of the lotteries (where the money is generated from thin air), the mod uses his own cash to pay.

Right now, this month's mod choice is
Blind High-Low

Requirements to enter:
Winner the previous Winner's lottery.

Way this works: All qualifying players (in this case: only one person will qualify) will send me
a number (from 4 to 7)
and
The words "Hi" or "Lo" (x5)
. A 5d10 will be rolled.

The way you win is by correctly predicting whether each value in sequence is higher or lower than the previous. (For the first number -- compared to the number you submitted).

0 Correct: 1 IC
1 Correct: 2 IC
2 Correct: 4 IC
3 Correct: 8 IC
4 Correct: 16 IC
5 Correct: 32 IC

Next Drawing: In approximately (expired on 2016-05-10 18:43:13)

Jackpot Lottery's Jackpot Current Value: 500,000 IC! (Minimum: 500k IC)

Transactions and Trades

At anytime, you may make a transaction or a trade with another user. It can be private or it can be public. If it's a private trade, you must include me as a recipient in all pms concerning the transaction. You may not trade memberships, tickets (for the drawings), and a few other items (see the shop). Otherwise, you are free to make whatever trades you like (provided both users accept & both users meet the demands of the trade);
however,
in any trades involving the exchange of IC's,
I shall receive a 10% commission.

(For instance, suppose Anna wants to trade a Teddy Bear to Jim for 20 IC. If Jim and Anna agree, then Anna will receive
IC and Jim will receive a Teddy Bear. The remaining 2 IC go to the mod's account as it is the commission fee.)

Shop/Memberships

Some of these items may have an in-game impact; most do not. Some of these items may not be traded and will be denoted with an asterisk (*). Also, if you would like to see a specific item here, please PM me. Prices may and probably will fluctuate for tradeable items, so you could possibly make a profit by selling back items. (Note that all sells and/or trades have a 10% commission fee.) Numbers in parenthesis indicate the current stock of that item; no parenthesis indicate there is an infinite stock.

Orange Membership*
- Cost is 25 IC per month. While an orange membership is active, payouts from drawings are increased by 5% or 2 IC; whichever is greater.

Blue Membership*
- Cost is 100 IC per month. While a blue membership is active, payouts from drawings are increased by 5% or 3 IC; whichever is greater. Furthermore, shop prices are reduced by 5% or 1 IC; whichever is greater. This reduction doesn't apply to memberships.

Lollipop (75)
- Costs 17 IC. A delicious lollipop! Yum! Your choice of flavor too!

Magic Wand (39)
- Costs 40 IC. A magic wand! People say that if you wave it around for a while and chant some magic words, magical things will happen.

First Customer Bronze Medal (0)*
- Costs absolutely nothing! Commemorates the first person to tryout the lottery (automatically given to the first person to signup). This item's stock never replenishes.

Commission-Free Certificate (5)
- Costs 785 IC. While you hold one of these certificates, I will not take commission on any transactions you make! This item's stock never replenishes.

Steel Longsword (7)
- Costs 437 IC. Very sharp and pointy! Please don't slice anyone's throats!

Iron Kiteshield (12)
- Costs 323 IC. A beautiful kiteshield made up of 95% iron. Great for protecting one's self.... Or bashing people!

Magician's Hat (40)
- Costs 25 IC. This grand hat is said to augment your magic abilities by 200 billion percent!

Lottery Ratings

Unlike most lotteries, this lottery will give bonus IC to players who play frequently. This is dependent on the Player's rating (which is based on the player's activity in a given month). Activity is based off of the first to the last day of a month. With the exception of going from the 1st rating to the second rating, all changes are reflected at the start of each month.

First-Timer/Alien
(0 Drawings)- Everyone begins here. You get a weekly income of 0 IC. After playing one round (aka your first draw), you will be promoted to the next rating.

Visitor
(1-5 Drawings) - Once your first draw has been done, you are promoted to this rating. As a Visitor, you receive 1 IC per week.

Regular
(6-15 Drawings) - Regulars receive a moderate pay of 5 IC per week.

VeteranV
(16-25 Drawings) - As a veteran, you get a heft bonus from the lottery of 20 IC per week! In addition, since you are such a frequent visitor to the lottery, the lottery will only take 5% commission on all trades!

Elite+
(26+ Drawings) - You get a whopping 75 IC per week, and the lottery will charge no commissions on any and all trades you make!

Edit: Closed; I don't feel like running it anymore, and no one has posted in forever.... Sorry!
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 am, edited 11 times in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Ircher »

Players

Ircher (Mod)
- 24 IC

Tatsuya Kaname
- 117 IC
1 Jackpot Ticket (10 IC) - 14846
2 Winner Tickets - 3,6
1x First Customer Bronze Medal
Orange membership ends in: (expired on 2016-05-07 17:39:59).

Aronis
- 65 IC
1 Jackpot Ticket (10 IC) - 22222
1x Magic Wand (50 IC)

JDGA
- 152 IC
1 Jackpot Ticket (10 IC) - 11606
3 Winner Tickets - 1,2,4

D3f3nd3r
- 129 IC
2 Winner Tickets - 5,7

Tell me if I mess up.
Last edited by Ircher on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:21 am, edited 19 times in total.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

/in!

Buy 5 General tickets, 1 Lucky 7 and 1 Jackpot.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Also buy the Orange Membership.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Aronis »

/in
get my free general ticket and buy one jackpot ticket.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Ircher »

I'll update this when I get the chance. Thanks for signing up.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Ircher »

@Aronis -- Number for jackpot ticket?

Also, all ticket numbers submitted to me via pm are public... For my sake. Look at the second post for the current status of each player (and later, perhaps a leaderboard).
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by JDGA »

/in
Take a General, a Cumulative (betting on 4), and a Jackpot (betting on 11606)
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

Today's Drawing: Lucky 7

Welcome folks to the lottery! We have several new customers, but for today's drawing, we only have one customer.

Wish Tatsuya luck with her guess of exactly 1 seven in the winning number!

Original Roll String: 2d339
2 339-Sided Dice: (247, 315) = 562
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Ircher »

Unfortunately, no one wins at Lucky 7

Sorry folks, not a seven in sight. Better luck next time.

Though, please congratulate our newest visitor, Tatsuya, as he has been promoted to the Visitor rating!

In addition to what's listed in the OP, Tatsuya gains 25 IC for joining. Furthermore, since Tatsuya was the first to join, he gets this bronze medal (I already updated the posts) and another 25 IC!

See ya'll again at the lottery and may the odds ever be in your favor!
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I'll buy two Lucky 7s at 1 and 2 each.

Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 6, Ircher wrote:@Aronis -- Number for jackpot ticket?

Also, all ticket numbers submitted to me via pm are public... For my sake. Look at the second post for the current status of each player (and later, perhaps a leaderboard).

And buy a magic wand plz
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Ircher »

Today's Drawing: General Drawing

P=3; T=7; so that means we are rolling a 1d11 with a base prize of 11 IC if someone wins! (I just realized a bit of a problem here which obviously does not make sense, so effective immediately is that you get this plus a refund of the cost of your tickets if you win.)

We have a lot of newcomers and one visitor with us today! Tatsuya has bought 5 tickets, Aronis one, and JDGA has bought one. Hopefully, one of them will walk away a winner!

Original Roll String: 1d11
1 11-Sided Dice: (7) = 7
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Ircher »

Today's General Drawing Winner is JDGA! Give her a round of applause!

For winning the general drawing, JDGA receives
11 IC
! Better luck next time to Tatsuya who bought a total of 5 tivkets.

In addition, as thank you for joining, both Aronis and JDGA have received 25 IC! They have also been promoted to the Visitor rating. We hope to see you all again soon!
Last edited by Ircher on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by JDGA »

Yay! (But I'm a her...)
Restock with another general ticket for next week, I guess~
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I'll get three general tickets.

JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by JDGA »

Hmm, might as well join in on Lucky 7 by buying a ticket for that, betting on ONE 7.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Ircher »

Today's Drawing: Cumulative Lottery

JDGA bought 1 ticket for the cumuative lottery. Will she win? Or will fate swindle her? We find out now!

Original Roll String: 1d15
1 15-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

Winner Prize: 22 IC
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Ircher »

And JDGA wins again!

Congratulations! As the sole winner of the cumulative lottery, you receive a whopping 22 IC!

See you again (and invite your friends!)

PS: Also fixed the second post's numbers. Accidentally assigned the winnings to Aronis instead of JDGA... :( (But the addition of a winner drawing helped me catch my mistake! :))
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I'll /in also, why not.

Buy 3 general tickets, a Lucky 7 for one seven, and a Cumulative for 11.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Aronis »

*waves magic wand*

Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
bippity-boppity-boo

Salagadoola means mechicka booleroo
But the thingmabob that does the job is
bippity-boppity-boo

Salagadoola menchicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
bippity-boppity bippity-boppity bippity-boppity-boo

Can magical things happen now?
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by JDGA »

Whoa, that's a surprise!
Jump back into the culmative, betting on 4 again.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 20, Aronis wrote:*waves magic wand*

bippity-boppity-boo

bippity-boppity-boo

You conjure a fireball that lands right in front of you. (PS: You aren't going to redeem your next free General ticket?)
Last edited by Ircher on Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

And let's bet on a cumulative 6.

Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 22, Ircher wrote:
In post 20, Aronis wrote:*waves magic wand*

bippity-boppity-boo

bippity-boppity-boo

You conjure a fireball that lands right in front of you. (PS: You aren't going to redeem your next free General ticket?)

Redeem my ticket and if I need to pick a number: 2, 22, or 222

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”