Dangerous Parallel Nations (Open Sign Ups for World Dominati

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Dangerous Parallel Nations (Open Sign Ups for World Dominati

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

Open to sign ups: This is a essentially a nomic within a nomic. Really we would need at least 18 players to make this happen. Here is the wikipedia article on Nomic

Please feel free to comment if you have any idea to improve the game, fix any errors I may have created, any laws that should be added or taken away before the game starts, ect.

Basic Concept:
Players are split evenly into 6 nations in a "war" against each other. Within each nation, players are playing a nomic within itself to build their nation/government/plot against other nations. Each nation will have their own thread. Members of a nation may not read the thread of another nation. When the game initiates, a nation will vote on a Leader of its nation. The Leader may then create the thread for their nation or assign someone to do so. That player will have the responsibility of maintaining the laws their nation passes. This thread will represent the World. Nations may make proposals of laws/actions they'd like to make, and if a majority of the nations vote in agreement with the proposal, it passes. When a nation makes a proposal on the World thread, all nations will need to make a vote within itself whether or not they want to pass it. Only the Leader of a nation may post in the World thread, but all may players may read in the World thread. The starting win condition would be: Your nation loses if there is no leader.
After the games starts new players may post on the World thread to request to join a nation. A nation may decide to add them to their nation.

Remember, that the goal is to have fun and use the Honor System! Please don't do anything that a nation's law doesn't allowed.

WORLD META LAWS (Laws that cannot be changed or ammended ever)
i. No deleting/editing posts in any thread
ii. All players may view the Dangerous Parallel Nations thread (Represnts the World Thread) at any time
iii. Nations cannot make rules within itself that involves another nation (example=creating a spy role in which that player can enter any other nations thread
iv. Each nation must keep an updated list of their passed proposals and a list of their living players
v. Dangerous Parallel Nations is considered the only World Thread
vi. No nation may make propose in any thread that would make it impossible for them to lose (example=no player in our nation can ever die)
vii. I, heuristically_alone, will be allowed to update/edit this thread's World Laws, living nations, and take any moderating action against players breaking any rules of the game, site, or players creating problems. Once the game is going, any player may PM me with problems that arise. not related to actually playing the game. I prefer no problems happen and the only moderating I have to do is update the current laws so that I too can freely enjoy participating in the game.

WORLD LAWS (WL)
1. If your nation has no leader, your nation and its members are removed from the game
2. Any nation can make a new proposal (creating new laws, changing old laws, repealing old laws, ect) in the World Thread
3. If a majority of the names vote in agreement of the proposal, (nation that made proposal is assumed as voting:yea) then that proposal is passed.
4. A nation may not make another proposal until one other nation has made a proposal.
5. There may not be more than 2 unresolved proposals in the World Thread (This is to ensure that a proposals aren't ignored and nations must resolve them if they wish to make a proposal)
6. No player make look at another nation's thread than its own
7. You can not send PMs to another player in a different nation than your own
8. Anyone wishing to join the game may post in the World Thread requesting to join a nation
9. Anyone wishing to join the game may not join if they have read any of the nation's thread.

ALL NATION'S STARTING LAWS
1. Only your Leader may post in the World Thread.
2. Any player can make a new proposal (creating new laws, changing old laws, repealing old laws, ect)
3. If a majority of the players vote in agreement to a proposal, then the proposal is passed.

Suggestions:
To prevent a nation from making a proposal of something like "Our nation kills all members in nation X" that other nations for some reason may agree to, I suggest making laws within your nation to prevent it.
Also, technically nothing can stop a Leader of ignoring his nation and do what he wants in the World threads, so nations might want to create some checks balances system, or simply remove title of Leader from the player if it happens.

Player List:
1. Heur
2. Ircher
3. Kappy
4. Randomidget
5. Kill the Dragon
Last edited by heuristically_alone on Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Kappy »

The nation threads must be made by CuddlyCaucasian or they will not be Private Topics.
I like the idea of Nomic-in-Nomic. Great idea!
/in
We may not get enough players for 6 nations, though. Maybe 3?

Yea, it might be tough to get 6, though I think bare minimum needs to be 4 or else 2 nations can just easily gang up on one nation and pass each other's laws. Maybe when we see how many players are interested, we can decide how many nations and players per nation.

I plan on randomly assigning players to nations.
Last edited by heuristically_alone on Mon May 23, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Ircher »

/in

Cuz I dont have to mod this one!
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 6/9]
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 1, Kappy wrote:The nation threads must be made by CuddlyCaucasian or they will not be Private Topics.
Either CC or xofelf can grant users the ability to create Private Topics for Mish Mash games.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 2, Ircher wrote:/in

Cuz I dont have to mod this one!
Becoming co-mod of Nomic was the stupidest thing in my life
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 3, Xalxe wrote:
In post 1, Kappy wrote:The nation threads must be made by CuddlyCaucasian or they will not be Private Topics.
Either CC or xofelf can grant users the ability to create Private Topics for Mish Mash games.
I forgot xofelf existed, and I didn't realize the ability could be granted.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Cybele »

looking at this, it feels like there needs to be a proper mod presence to make sure there is a consistent enforcement of the intersection of federal and international laws. especially because players of each nation wont be able to police other nations if they cant read their threads. this isnt just a trust thing but also because nomic is a gnarled complicated game and things easily go wrong without oversight.
if youre playing, heuristic, i think you need to find someone to agrwe to mod on your place.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 8:33 am

I've thought about that. It would be nice to have an impartial player who has final say on the rulings. Also, an option was at the beginning all players vote on on a World Leader, and the World Leader has access to all Nation Threads and everything, thus being a judge in final saying on possible contradictory rules and still being a player. If anyone wanted to mod the whole thing I'd be ok with that too, though I prefer to be a player if anyone comes by that wants to mod. The Mod could be considered a nation on its own in the fact that it get a vote on proposals made in World Thread.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

/in
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

/in
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:47 am

Post by Kappy »

Wow. Not many players at all.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:16 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

I think it's because it looks like a lot of effort and some people might not find it enjoyable due to that
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:41 pm

I know. Exerting effort is never enjoyable. :)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”