3-Card Blind

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

3-Card Blind

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

3-card blind is a variant of magic the gathering. Essentially, players play a tournament against everyone else, but they only use 3 cards.
  • Matches will be simulated, each match will be run in the most optimal way.
  • Players play with their hands revealed.
  • Each match is played twice, with each player playing first and drawing first.
  • Randomness works in the opponent's favor.
  • Players draw cards but do not lose due to not being able to draw cards.
Wins give 3 points, draws give 1 point, and losses give 0 points.

The rules are here: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/3-Card_Blind

Winners:
Round 1: McMenno (Force of Will, Memnite, Island Fish Jasconius)
Round 2: Gammagooey (Black Lotus, Black Lotus, Elspeth, Sun's Champion)
Round 3: ForWhomTheJellyRolls (Black Lotus, Mental Misstep, True-Name Nemesis)
Round 4: Cephrir (Mishra's Factory, Mishra's Factory, The Tabernacle and Pendrell Vale)
Round 5: Save the Dragons (Black Lotus, Ravenous Rats, Typhoid Rats)
Round 6: Cephrir (Black Lotus, Laboratory Maniac, Chalice of the Void) and inspiratieloos (Dryad Arbor, Dismember, Gnarlwood Dryad)
Round 7: Cephrir (Black Lotus, Dryad Arbor, Liliana of the Veil)
Round 8: inspiratieloos (City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Lightning Helix)

Banned decks:
Spoiler:
Decks that can win first turn
Decks that let the opponent discard more than one card per turn
Parody cards from Unglued and Unhinged
Non-mass produced cards e.g. 1996 World Champion

Banned cards:
Spoiler:
Abandon Hope
Balance
Barren Glory
Blackmail
Cabal Therapy
Coercion
Form of the Dragon
Ghost Quarter
Glacial Chasm
Leonin Squire
Meddling Mage
Mesmeric Fiend
Nezumi Shortfang
Pulse of the Dross
Restore Balance
Show and Tell
Strip Mine
The Rack
Thoughtseize
Wasteland

Force of Will
Memnite
Island Fish Jasconius
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Mental Misstep
True-Name Nemesis
The Tabernacle and Pendrell Vale
Ravenous Rats
Typhoid Rats
Dismember
Gnarlwood Dryad
Laboratory Maniac
Chalice of the Void
Liliana of the Veil

Furthermore, (if this becomes a thing) any deck that wins will have its non mana fixing cards go onto the ban list.
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 am, edited 10 times in total.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 am

To play, just submit me a list of three cards. When I get about 6 or if a week or so goes by, I'll run the tournament, and give points out.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 am

I have 3 entries so far, I will run this sometime on Saturday, but would love to have a few more!

Round 1 ends: (expired on 2016-07-09 14:56:39)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Please let me know if you see any mistakes with this!

McMenno: Memnite, Force of Will, Island Fish Jasconius
Jelly: Black Lotus, Channel, Platinum Angel
Cephrir: Black Lotus, Channel, Ulamog the Infinite Gyre
Gamma: Dryad Arbor, Orzhov Charm, Orzhov Basilica

McMenno vs Jelly: Jelly cannot play Platinum Angel due to McMenno using Force of Will on anything Jelly plays. McMenno picks up 6 points.

McMenno-WW
Jelly-LL

McMenno vs. Cephrir: Cephrir made a similar deck to Jelly and suffers from the same problem as above. Since Ulamog goes to his library, he cannot use Channel to cast it again (and even if he could, he could not pay the life again, maybe it's not a relevant fact but still true, Ceph). McMenno picks up 6 points.

McMenno-WW
Cephrir-LL

McMenno vs. Gamma: Since Dryad Arbor cannot be countered, Dryad Arbor and Menmite stare at each other. Regardless of which one plays, their first turn is the same, and McMenno counters the charm if it ever sees the light of day. McMenno and Gamma both pick up 2 points.

McMenno-DD
Gamma-DD

Jelly vs. Cephrir: Unfortunately for Jelly, if he plays Platinum Angel it gets destroyed. Because of Annihilator, Cephrir does not have to wait for Jelly to play Platinum Angel. Cephrir picks up 6 points.

Jelly-LL
Cephrir-WW

Jelly vs. Gamma: On turn one either way, Jelly gets out Platinum Angel, while Gamma puts down Dryad Arbor. On turn two, Jelly attacks for 4 while Gamma puts down his bounce land. On turn three, Gamma puts Dryad arbor back and destroys Platinum Angel, taking 4 damage from the charm (and another 4 if Jelly went first). Gamma picks up 6 points.

Jelly-LL
Gamma-WW

Gamma vs. Cephrir: If Gamma goes first, Cephrir destroys Dryad Arbor turn one, thus preventing Gamma from doing anything. If Cephrir goes first, Annihilator removes Dryad Arbor on Cephrir's second turn. Cephrir picks up 6 points.

Gamma-LL
Cephrir-WW

McMenno: 14 points
Cephrir: 12 points
Gamma: 8 points
Jelly: 0 points

McMenno wins round 1!

The following cards will be added to the ban list: Memnite, Force Of Will, Island Fish Jasconius (I know there's a ton of 3CB decks that include Island Fish Jasconius but I'm sorry you'll have to think of something else for now).
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Now taking decks for round 2! Will close if I get around 6 players or if Saturday rolls around again before that.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 am

Post by McMenno »

I think it's hilarious how I got Island Fish Jasconius banned. At least you don't have to watch out for fow now, lol.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:10 pm

As always, if I've made a mistake, let me know.

McMenno: Dryad Arbor, Black Lotus, Path to Exile
Gamma: Black Lotus, Black Lotus, Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Cephrir: Black Lotus, Sibsig Icebreakers, Leyline of Anticipation
Kappy: Black Lotus, Anurid Scavenger, Fireball

McMenno vs. Gamma:
McMenno's Path to Exile sure can take out one of the tokens Elspeth generates, but not much else. Elspeth spawns the three tokens, which is more than enough to prevent dryad arbor from attacking long enough to send a wave of flying soldiers. Gamma picks up 6 points.

Gamma-WW
McMenno-LL

McMenno vs. Cephrir:
By using Leyline of Anticipation, Cephrir can play black lotus and his discard-y creature one whomever has the first upkeep. If McMenno discards Lotus or Path to Exile, he will lose since he needs both, however he can force a draw by putting down Black Lotus on his turn and playing Path to Exile on Sibsig Icebreakers. Both players pick up 2 points here.

Cephrir-DD
McMenno-DD

McMenno vs. Kappy:
McMenno can't play the Dryad Arbor because Kappy will fireball it, and Kappy can't play his scavenger because McMenno will exile it. Neither can kill the other before they get disrupted, and thus this match ends in a draw with both players only able to play their Black Lotus. Both players pick up 2 points.

McMenno-DD
Kappy-DD

Gamma vs. Cephrir:
On the first upkeep of the game, Cephrir forces Gamma to discard a card, and Gamma can only weep. Cephrir picks up 6 points here.

Cephrir-WW
Gamma-LL

Gamma vs. Kappy:
By the time Kappy can get a fireball out, Gamma has three tokens to block. Kappy's engine is neat, but slower than Gamma's ability to generate tokens. 6 points for Gamma.

Gamma-WW
Kappy-LL

Cephrir vs. Kappy:
Cephrir makes Kappy discard, to which Kappy discards Fireball and just uses Black Lotus every turn to keep Anurid alive. Anurid is more powerful and cannot be blocked by Ceph's creature even if he wanted to block it, so Kappy wins either way. Kappy gets 6 points here.

Cephrir-LL
Kappy-WW

Gamma: 12 pts
Cephrir and Kappy: 8 pts
McMenno: 4 pts

The winner this round is Gamma with Black Lotus, Black Lotus, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 pm

2 things:

1) I'm not going to wait a week before I post results, especially since I got nothing in the past few days. So new deadline: (expired on 2016-07-19 21:12:17)
2) I'd like to participate as well! I have my deck picked out already before any submissions, and I have no intention of cheating. If you would prefer I do not participate, let me know.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Just under 24 hours if you're interested :)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Cephrir: Black Lotus, Duress, Bitterblossom
McMenno: Black Lotus, Black Lotus, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Gamma: Black Lotus, Manaforge Cinder, Dreadbore
Jelly: Black Lotus, Mental Misstep, True-Name Nemesis
Save the Dragons: Black Lotus, Black Lotus, Dread

As always, please check my work (especially regarding Nissa, Voice of Zendikar).

Cephrir vs McMenno: When Ceph goes first, he discards Nissa, Voice of Zendikar (since it costs 3 so discarding one black lotus isn't enough) and is able to win with Bitterblossom. When McMenno goes first, I believe that Nissa outpaces Bitterblossom with the +1/+1 counters and Bitterblossom's cost of life, and thus McMenno will win (this one gets pretty hairy to figure out, thanks a lot guys :P) Both players receive 3 points.

Cephrir-WL
McMenno-LW

Ceprhir vs Gamma: When Ceph goes first, he gets to discard Black Lotus. Gamma cannot play anything, so Ceph wins. When Gamma goes first, there's nothing to target with Dreadbore, and even if he waits one turn to do anything, there's nothing good to target with Dreadbore. Cephrir wins this one, too, and picks up 6 points.

Cephrir-WW
Gamma-LL

Cephrir vs. Jelly: Jelly counters duress with Mental Misstep, True-Name Nemesis comes out, and though Ceph can whittle him down close, regardless of who goes first Jelly is able win. Jelly picks up 6 points here.

Cephrir-LL
Jelly-WW

Cephrir vs. StD: When Ceph goes first, something something Distress something something Black Lotus, Ceph wins. When I go first, I get Dread out, any faeries that attacks me dies, and I do way more damage than 20 by the time he can block with 6 faeries. We each pick up 3 points.

Cephrir-WL
StD-LW

McMenno vs Gamma: If McMenno plays his planeswalker, Gamma plays his creature and his removal. If McMenno does not, Gamma cannot bring out both at separate times, and thus a stalemate occurs, both players receive 2 points.

McMenno-DD
Gamma-DD

McMenno vs Jelly: Since the plants can't block True Name Nemesis, Jelly just keeps targeting Nissa until she dies, at best McMenno can get 2 1/2 plants out before Nissa dies, and thus Jelly wins both games and gets 6 points.

McMenno-LL
Jelly-WW

McMenno vs StD: Same as above, McMenno can't use the plants to block Dread. I can get rid of Nissa on turn 2, and I get 6 points.

McMenno-LL
StD-WW

Gamma vs Jelly: Jelly counters (or rather, prevents Gamma from playing) his Manaforge Cinder, so he doesn't even need to use his protection against Gamma to prevent his creature from being Dreadbore-d. Jelly picks up 6 points.

Gamma-LL
Jelly-WW

Gamma vs StD: I can't play Dread because he'll just destroy it with Dreadbore, so I don't, and he can't play his creature without using Dreadbore, so he doesn't. This is a draw, both players get 2 points.

Gamma-DD
StD-DD

Jelly vs StD: Protection doesn't do jack against Dread's ability to kill it, and Jelly can't block Dread to absorb the damage either since Dread has fear so he can't force the draw here. There's nothing to counterspell, I pick up 6 points.

Jelly-LL
StD-WW

Jelly: 18 points
Save The Dragons: 17 points
Cephrir: 9 points
McMenno: 5 points
Gamma: 4 points

Jelly wins with Black Lotus, Mental Misstep, and True-Name Nemesis!

Round 4 begins: (expired on 2016-07-22 23:07:51)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:00 am

Inspiratieloos: Chancellor of the Annex, Fountain of Cho, Banishing Light
Jelly: Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, The Aeons Torn
Cephrir: Mishra's Factory, Mishra's Factory, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
Save the Dragons: Daze, Volcanic Island, Flailing Soldier

As always, please check my work, I did this just after waking up so my brain might not be functioning properly yet :P

Inspiratieloos vs. Jelly: Chancellor of the Annex counters Black Lotus and prevents Jelly from putting out his monstrous eldrazi. Inspiratieloos picks up 6 points.

Inspiratieloos-WW
Jelly-LL

Inspiratieloos vs. Cephrir: Cephrir's deck contains 3 lands, so he never plays a spell to be countered, and his cards are all lands even when Mishra's Factory becomes creatures, thus preventing Banishing Light from affect him. Since it's a while before Cephrir has to worry about the creature coming into play, he can play both his Mishra's before the Tabernacle. Inspiratieloos needs to get 11 counters on Fountain of Cho in order to be able to pay for the four turns required to kill Cephrir, which is not fast enough. Cephrir picks up 6 points.

Inspiratieloos-LL
Cephrir-WW

Inspiratieloos vs. Save the Dragons:
Inspiratieloos's deck shuts down my options, I cannot use both Daze and Flailing Soldier. He can put one more counter on the Fountain to save his Chancellor from Daze if I let my Soldier get countered, and I can't have Daze get countered until he plays his Chancellor, so there is no way I can even force a draw here. Inspiratieloos grabs 6 more points.

Inspiratieloos-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

Jelly vs. Cephrir: Cephrir's deck shuts down Jelly's big creature. Even if Jelly waits until the Tabernacle is played to play his big creature, due to the extra turn he gets, it dies before it gets a chance to use annihilator. The best Jelly can do is go first and get 15 damage. Cephrir grabs 6 more points.

Jelly-LL
Cephrir-WW

Jelly vs. Save the Dragons:
If Jelly goes first, he finally gets his big creature out and there's little I can do to stop it. If I go first, I can daze his black lotus and flail at him to death. We both pick up 3 points here.

Jelly-WL
Save the Dragons-LW

Cephrir vs Save the Dragons:
Once again, there's nothing for me to Daze here. I get Flailing Soldier and a land out, so I can pay the upkeep each turn, but I can no longer pump him up. Cephrir can debuff flailing soldier twice, and thus beats me as well.

Cephrir-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

Cephrir: 18 pts
Inspiratieloos: 12 pts
Save the Dragons: 3 pts
ForWhomTheJellyRolls: 3 pts

Us bros were at the top last round but sunk to the bottom this round.

Cephrir wins with Mishra's Factory, Mishra's Factory, and The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale!
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:02 am

Round 5: (expired on 2016-07-26 14:02:33)

I'll keep doing this as long as people still want to play :D
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I tried the channel deck again, I wanted to see if it maybe could work but eh.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Round 5:

inspiraloos: Tropical Island, Daze, Gnarlwood Dryad
Cephrir: Faerie Conclave, Maze of Ith, Dimir Aqueduct
Gammagooey: Gruul Turf, Ancient Tomb, Arlinn Kord
ForWhomTheJellyRolls: Faerie Conclave, Maze of Ith, Dimir Aqueduct
Save the Dragons: Ravenous Rats, Typhoid Rats, Black Lotus

As always, check my work (esp. wrt Arlinn Kord)

Since Jelly and Ceph submitted the exact same deck, I will just call it Faerie

inspiraloos vs Faerie:

Since the faerie deck consists of 3 lands, Daze is rendered useless. It takes four-five turns for the faerie deck to get its creature out, but at that point it hits for 2 in the air vs 1 from the ground, with Maze of Ith out, they can end up not taking damage.

inspiraloos-LL
Jelly-WW
Ceph-WW

inspiraloos vs Gammagooey:

The island plus Daze prevents Arlinn Kord from coming out ever, and it takes Gamma 3 turns to get it out, so he can't get it out before inspiraloos has his island down. inspiraloos picks up 6 points.

inspiraloos-WW
Gamma-LL

inspiraloos vs Save the Dragons:

If I go first, I force inspiraloos to discard Daze since either other card prevents him from winning. At that point, I can attack for two each turn, and if he blocks, then he loses his creature and I still have one, and if he attacks, he loses the race. I win in that situation.
If he goes first, he puts down his tropical island. I put down my black lotus, and he counters it, I am shut down. He wins in that situation, we each get 3 points.

inspiraloos-WL
Save the Dragons-LW

Faerie vs Gamma:

If the Faerie deck does
Maze of Ith/Faerie
Dimir
Faerie
Maze of Ith

They take 2 damage from a wolf but are pumping out faeries on turn four and preventing that wolf from doing further damage. At that point, they can race Arlinn and before she can get another wolf out, it appears she's dead. Please double check that, there's a lot Arlinn can do, but I believe Faeries win in both situations.

Gamma-LL
Ceph-WW
Jelly-WW

Faerie vs Faerie:

I mean I guess they just Maze of Ith each other forever so it's a draw

Ceph-DD
Jelly-DD

Faerie vs Save the Dragons:

The faerie combo still works but they have to discard Maze of Ith, or else they can't play. They do Faerie, Dimir, Faerie, and can play faeries on turn four. At this point they've taken 6 damage if I go first or 4 damage if they go first, so they lose any race and if they block one of my rats, the other kills them.

Ceph-LL
Jelly-LL
Save the Dragons-WW

Gamma vs Save the Dragons:

Similar to inspiraloos vs gamma, ravenous rats forces gamma to discard a card he needs to bring out Arlinn Kord (or Arlinn Kord herself). I pick up 6 points.

Gamma-LL
Save the Dragons-WW

Save the Dragons- 21 pts
Cephrir/Jelly-14 pts
Inspiraloos- 9pts
Gamma- 0pts

Save the Dragons wins with Black Lotus, Ravenous Rats, and Typhoid Rats!

Kudos to inspiraloos for using an Eldrich Moon card! What a fresh 3cb deck B)

Round Six: (expired on 2016-07-29 21:52:20)
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:56 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Meh, I could have easily played it with Underground Sea and one of the existing black 1 CMC deathtouch creatures.

I just threw it together really quick when the R/D deck was ruled illegal.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:44 am

Round 6:

inspiratieloos: Dryad Arbor, Dismember, Gnarlwood Dryad
Cephrir: Black Lotus, Laboratory Maniac, Chalice of the Void
ForWhomTheJellyRolls: Black Lotus, Maze of Ith, Nether Spirit
Save the Dragons: Maze of Ith, Quagnoth, Rushwood Grove

As always, check my work! I do make mistakes.

inspiratieloos vs. Cephrir:
Whether Cephrir goes first or second, he cannot play his laboratory maniac because dismember is cast at instant speed. Without playing laboratory maniac, and being unable to counter dryad arbor, inspiratieloos picks up 6 points.

inspiratieloos-WW
Cephrir-LL

inspiratieloos vs Jelly:
There are lot of different combinations but at the beginning of each of Jelly's upkeeps the 2/2 creature will return, and inspiratieloos only has 2 ways to remove it: deathtouch and Dismember (and double blocking but that's not relevant due to deathtouch). Jelly is free to attack and can simply block the deathtouch creature, Jelly picks up 6 points.

inspiratieloos-LL
Jelly-WW

inspratieloos vs Save the Dragons:
Quagnoth cannot be dismembered, but I also don't get Quagnoth until later, he doesn't lose the 4 life from Dismember, and Quagnoth still dies to deathtouch so I'm just unable to attack without him beating on me with just the deathtoucher until I block and then Dryad Arbor. inspiratieloos picks up another 6 points.

inspiratieloos-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

Cephrir vs Jelly:
When Cephrir goes first, he plays Chalice of the Void for 0 and has all the time in the world to win with Laboratory Maniac. When Jelly goes first, he doesn't have the disruption required to prevent Cephrir from winning. Cephrir picks up 6 points here.

Cephrir-WW
Jelly-LL

Cephrir vs Save the Dragons:
There's nothing for Cephrir to counter with Chalice of the Void but there's nothing I can do about his Laboratory Maniac.

Cephrir-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

Jelly vs Save the Dragons:
Unfortunately for Jelly, shroud prevents Maze of Ith from affecting my Quagnoth, so while I'm busy maze of ithing his spirit, I have time to build up storage counters and eventually play my untouchable quagnoth. I pick up 6 points here.

Jelly-LL
Save the Dragons-WW

The final scores are:

Cephrir and inspiratieloos-12 pts
ForWhomTheJellyRolls and Save the Dragons-6 pts

We have two winners this round, congrats to Cephrir with Black Lotus, Laboratory Maniac, Chalice of the Void and inspiratieloos with Dryad Arbor, Dismember, Gnarlwood Dryad!

Round 7: (expired on 2016-08-02 14:44:13)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:30 am

Round 7:

I haven't forgotten

inspiratieloos: Chancellor of the Tangle, Æther Vial, Acidic Slime
Jelly: Chancellor of the Annex, Vampire Nighthawk, Black Lotus
Cephrir: Black Lotus, Dryad Arbor, Liliana of the Veil
Save the Dragons: Black Lotus, Black Lotus, Dread

As always, check my work!

inspiratieloos vs Jelly: Chancellor of the Annex unfortunately shuts down inspiratieloos's deck, as he cannot fork over the extra mana to pay for Æther Vial. Jelly picks up 6 points.

inspiratieloos-LL
Jelly-WW

inspiratleloos vs Cephrir: The Æther Via cannot get inspiratieloos's creatures out before he has to discard them from Liliana of the Veil, so Cephrir picks up 6 points.

inspiratieloos-LL
Cephrir-WW

inspiratieloos vs Save the Dragons: I whittle him down with Dread before he can really get any of his creatures out. If he goes first, I believe he can get Acidic Slime out but since Dread has fear and I don't have anything Acidic Slime gets rid of, I pick up 6 points.

inspiratieloos-LL
Save the Dragons-WW

Jelly vs Cephrir: Cephrir can pay one to prevent Black Lotus from being countered. If Cephrir goes first, Jelly discards Chancellor, plays his vampire, then Cephrir makes him sacrifice it. If Jelly goes first, Cephrir just makes him sacrifice it. Cephrir picks up 6 points.

Jelly-LL
Cephrir-WW

Jelly vs Save the Dragons: Chancellor of the Annex shuts down black lotus, Jelly picks up 6 points.

Jelly-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

Cephrir vs Save the Dragons: If I go first I have to sac Dread and if he goes first I have to discard black lotus or dread, I choose dread because I draw it on my turn, but then i still have to sac it later, so Cephrir picks up 6 points.

Cephrir-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

Cephrir-18 pts
Jelly-12 pts
Save the Dragons- 6 pts
inspiratieloos- 0 pts

The winner is Cephrir with Black Lotus, Dryad Arbor, and Liliana of the Veil!

I'll keep doing this as long as I get submissions but I'll remove the timer
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 am

I only received one submission this time (besides my own) so I'll run them against each other

inspiratieloos: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Lightning Helix
Save the Dragons: Black Lotus, Black Lotus, Arlinn Kord

I think this is pretty clearly against me. If I go first, I get Arlinn and a wolf out. inspiratieloos plays his city of traitors and the scepter and passes to me, I attack for 3 and Arlinn is at 4 or turn Arlinn over so she is at 3. inspiratieloos kills the wolf in the first scenario or arlinn in the second. inspiratieloos pickes up 6 points.

inspiratieloos-WW
Save the Dragons-LL

inspiratieloos wins this round with City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Lightning Helix!

Thanks to you all for playing, I had fun running this, I did it to learn magic a little better and seeing cards and thinking about how they'd do in 3cb has been cool. It might be cool to do a tournament of champions and see which of the winning decks wins against each other so I may do that but other than that this is finished, hope you had fun!
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:05 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Run them all against that one deck I submitted, might be a good exercise :P
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him