BattleCON G12 - KingdomAces (Lixis) vs. Zorblag (Seth)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:44 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Spoiler: Beat 12
Strike
I can't afford to Dodge, so I need to stun you. I need to hope that you non-Vanishing Shot here, because I can't deal with anything else without dodging or spending force, which you're probably just going to counter with your own. Actually, you used Mimic's Shot and anted stun guard, didn't you. I think there's literally nothing I can do about that.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:44 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Pass

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:49 am

Post by KingdomAces »

And there's the stun guard. Saying Burst means you used Shot and are stopping the clash option. Yeah, I should have pulsed in your face and Rooted. Pass, because nothing I do would matter. Good Game

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:02 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I didn't even realize that I couldn't dodge closer to you to avoid the Vanishing. I don't want to bother thinking about it, but it seems as if Rooted was my best chance, though there may have been a perfect counter to that as well.

I didn't think very hard and for some reason assumed I was untouchable the turn I took 7. Misreading your use of Finisher just sealed the deal.

Actually, now that I look back the entire reason I used Venomous Burst that beat was because I thought you were going to Finisher then. I think Reading Fate, and my misplays around it specifically, singlehandedly won this for you.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Rooted and in my face would have been beatable by Mimic's Strike I'm pretty sure (with a reaction ante depending on what you anted.)

The move that I was worried about was the position you chose and rooted. Then I think I could have assured a hit, but I don' think that I could have made sure it was for at least 2 damage unless I guessed your base right.

I do think that the 7 damage beat was a turning point, and landing that Finisher pretty much sealed the deal (which is why it's a finisher.) I do have to say that I thought I was out of this one the beat that I guessed your drive wrong and went down to 11 life. I then got myself stuck in a corner and had to lose a beat by 3 just to get out (and was happy you didn't do something like rooted lance to me.) This was a swingy game and I did probably capitalize on a couple miscalculations on your part, but it could have easily gone the other way in the middle and had me out of it several beats earlier.

In any case, good game! Care to finish up the match? I'll set it up tomorrow evening if you're up for it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Sure

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”