Ten Words of Wisdom 0 (CANCELLED!!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Ten Words of Wisdom 0 (CANCELLED!!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Welcome everyone to
Ten Words of Wisdom!

Ten
Wo
rds
of
Wis
dom
, or TWOW, is going to be a competition where participants compete in contests. Contestants will be eliminated each episode, until there is only one winner left! What does that winner win?
Wisdom!

Alright, let me explain to you how Ten Words of Wisdom works.
IMPORTANT:
Be prepared for a very long post. If you decide to join though, please read everything. Might take some time but it's better if we don't have to spend time explaining rules again if you forgot.

Spoiler: Short summary of the game
We start the show with many contestants, that will have to do well enough to survive in each 'episode'.
Each of those episodes will consist of two parts. Let's call them
'Part A'
and
'Part B'
- At the end of each
B
episode, I will give you guys a so-called prompt - such as "Most uplifting story" - which the contestants will have to answer in 10 words or fewer. Submitting responses will be done by PMing me before the given deadline.
- After the deadline is over, in
episode A
, I will display those responses anonymously to the viewers, which everyone can then vote on until the deadline. I will explain how the voting works when the time arises, but in general, you will rank a couple of the responses from best to worst.
- In between the A and the B part, I will tally up all the votes. Then, in the
B part
, I will reveal who submitted which responses and rank them from best to worst based on those votes. The contestants that score the worst will be eliminated from TWOW. No further voting, no second chances, nothing, when you are eliminated
that's it
- Then, I give the next episode's prompt and the whole cycle repeats!

Here are some more rules about the rules:
Spoiler: Rules about rules
- "What happens if someone goes over the ten-word limit? Will they get a
penalty
?"
Nope! I will highlight your mistake when the voting happens in the
A part
, but there will be no direct penalty for you.
Now,
voters
, this is where you step in and do your job as a voter.
@voters
, if you see a
mistake
in a submission, you should place it lower in your ranking. How much lower? As much as you think is appropriate (use brain).
The same counts for if someone missppells, combines or makes up words, or if the response is like 'Write about ice cream without the letter E' and there are E's in the response.

Here are some other guidelines / rules:
-
@contestants
Do NOT reveal which submission is yours to the viewers.
That removes the anonymity. What will voters do if you do this? They will
take you down
! Right, voters?

Also, I told you guys earlier about how the contestants with the worst scores will get
eliminated.
But I also want to reward you guys, not just punish you.
Therefore, the contestants that score the best in each episode will get a
prize
that will also help them do better in future episodes.

- "What happens if you don't submit a response in time?"
Some people might be a bit more lenient when it comes to deadlines. But in TWOW, all you have to do is type ten words! There's no excuse! As in, it's easier to send a response, than to send a reason why you couldn't send in a response.
So if I don't hear anything from you in time, you will automatically be
eliminated
. Just like with scoring the worst, no further actions,
you'll be out
. Also, the spot will not be taken.

Now, here are some things that are different from the
YouTube
show of Ten Words of Wisdom by carykh, which you might know of. I pretty much copied most of the rules from his first video, simply because this is TWOW, and that was TWOW too. And no one can explain rules better than the one who made them!
Spoiler: Differences from the YouTube TWOW
- As it says in the Mish Mash Rules, there may only be one thread for a Mish Mash game in the main list. I have to discuss this further, because I think that it would be more sufficient and/or fitting if each episode is having its separate topic. Probably, what I'd suggest to
@CuddlyCaucasian / the LSG mods
is that, once a new episode appears, they will move the previous episode to Frogstar World B, which is where the other topics are staying. As said before, I will discuss this further with these people because they can tell me best how to handle this.
- You might wonder what the topics are for if you can't vote in the topics themselves. Well, what's different between this and the video TWOW series, is that the voting is different too. In the video-TWOW, votes CAN be held in the comments, because it's like humanly impossible to find out what the person voted on because of how the voting goes in the video. However, on this forum, everything is typed out, so it's much easier to look it up. That is why I decided to do the voting via PMs as well - but, again, I'll explain the voting when the voting happens, which is not now.
Anyways, what is the topic going to be for? Well, it's probably best to just talk about what's going on! Nothing really too special though. Be careful though to
keep anonymity
and
don't reveal what your response is, nor what you voted for.
I don't know yet how I am going to deal with this but I can already tell that you won't get rewarded from doing likewise.

Finally
(finally!)
, how do you sign up?
Well, if you are viewing this thread before the
3rd of March, 12 PM EST
, you are already an eligible contestant!
For now, you just have to make your best 'first impression'.
What's the first prompt?
"What happened to the 31st of September?"

Send me, Harambey180, a PM that clearly shows your ten-word response to this prompt, before March 3rd, 12 PM EST.
And you will become a contestant of Ten Words of Wisdom!
Note:
I know I know, this is almost identical to the first prompt of cary's show. I changed November to September though, so that already eliminates puns about November, but of course there is still room for copying a response submitted in the YouTube show of TWOW.
- What am I going to do if you decide to be a copycat?
Well, I'm not too sure on that yet, but I will probably punish you in some way. I won't give you a direct penalty though for doing so, just like with going over the ten-word limit. However, just like with breaking the ten-word limit, I'm thinking of highlighting your 'mistake' in the voting, probably by coloring unique responses
green
and stolen responses
red.
And hopefully, voters are going to take down the lazy crooks again.
(If you do copy a response from carykh's TWOW, please just tell me that in your submission. That saves me time checking for copycats. I would appreciate honesty)

Spoiler: Read this when watching after March 3rd
If the deadline has already passed and you didn't join TWOW, I'd feel sorry, but you shouldn't worry! If there are enough people that would want it, I could do
more than one
season.
Lastly (and really lastly this time), I don't have a schedule set for when the episodes will be up. I do have deadlines, but deadlines and episodes aren't the same thing. When a deadline for submitting responses or voting has passed, it will take some time for me to register the submissions / votes, so it might take up to a few days before an episode will be up.

Anyways, enjoy
Ten
Wor
ds
of
Wis
dom
! (and sorry for this super-long post, though, all posts I make in TWOW will be this long, so get used to it maybe? :shifty: I also added some colors and bolded things so you hopefully won't get bored easily)
Last edited by Harambey180 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Harambey180 »

IMPORTANT:

My first post had a mistake in it. The prompt was changed from 'What happened to the 31st of November' to the 31st of January. Obviously, January actually has 31 days in it.
Therefore, the prompt is now changed to:
What happened to the 31st of September?

And I even had to check if September indeed only has 30 days... gosh, I'm glad that one of you is going to win wisdom and not me, I don't deserve it! :lol:
It should now also be changed in the first post.
If you already submitted a response
(which no one did so this is completely useless) you might want to change it. You probably want to know that it's changed anyways.

So yeah, good luck in responding to this prompt that should be all right, before
March 3rd, 12 PM EST
, by PMing me, Harambey180, what your response is. And then, we can have fun playing TWOW! :)
Last edited by Harambey180 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Harambey180 »

I edited the first post as I got told that it looked horrible as of how it used to look like.

Also, bump.

Just over 5 days left for sending in your submissions! I'll just bump daily as a sort of countdown, also when there's only a few hours left I'm gonna do it more maybe. Or not, if this is a nuisance, and if so please tell me and don't hide it from me.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Bump countdown!

Only 4 days left!

Why would you wait till the deadline? You can always change your submission in the meantime, so just submit an entry by PM'ing me as soon as you think about TWOW! And I can't wait for Ten Words of Wisdom 1A to start! :D
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Harambey180 »

bump

3 days left to submit entries for Ten Words of Wisdom, Season 1! If you don't do it in 3 days, you're not in!

Also, something else
important
:
I extended the deadline from March 3rd, 6 PM EST to March 3rd, 12 PM EST. That's 6 hours. The reason is, because I'm waking up only at abt 2 AM EST, so I don't want to stick to the deadline cuz it's a deadline. That means that you now have about 3 1/2 days left.

Also, don't forget that this topic is not locked! Even though I said you can't talk about your submission or what you voted (or what others should vote), it is perfectly fine to talk and post in this topic! Things like, if you are looking forward to Ten Words of Wisdom, or if you like the concept of TWOW or the other contestants! (when they are all known)

Good luck with sending submissions!
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

Bump calendar says: Less than 3 days left! Submit submissions soon!
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

TWOW is temporarily cancelled!

Having received no submissions in almost 3 days, I have taken the decision to cancel TWOW as 6 sign-ups isn't enough for TWOW. Some people might have thought that waiting until the deadline is good to do, but this is what happens if you do that with me moderating a game like TWOW. So let this be a wake-up call: Don't ever wait until the deadline but join a game whenever you think about it!

I will probably re-start the game in a few days.
If you sent in a submission for TWOW already
, well, it won't count anymore. Out of the 6 entries, two (maybe even three) were joke submissions - by Espeonage and McMenno. Be ashamed! Your submissions might be a joke but this game is not! - so TWOW really didn't seem to get enough submissions soon (even though I told you to do it soon but you stubbornly didn't listen).

What am I going to do then?
Well, in a few days, I am going to re-start sign-ups. The sign-ups will last five days. For TWOW to work, it should have at least 20 participants, which I know is quite a lot and hard to get for a Mish Mash game, but otherwise, TWOW simply won't work.
Therefore, if after 3 of the 5 days, I do not have half of the required participants - which is 10 - I will cancel TWOW again and re-start it later again. I will keep doing this until I get enough participants. That's called 'not giving up'.

So yeah, I hope it's a wake-up call that you should NOT wait for the deadline even if there is one, and especially not when the moderator reminds you of that. Goodbye for now. I hope that TWOW will start somehow, and it'll be 'wow!'. That won't be now though.
hi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Do you believe this is the way to get more participants? You could have at least promised free cookies for signing up...
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

The prize is wisdom. Apparently people don't seem attracted by a prize called 'wisdom'.
I will promise people to join that it will be a fun game. I mean, if there are enough people in the game then I can keep the promise that I'll run the entire season of TWOW.

Also, here's some thing:
Whenever I'm going to re-open the sign-ups, I said that I'd need at least half the participants within the first 3 days. Well, you don't need to already submit an entry if you need time to come up with a better response, but at least let me know if you are interested in joining/watching TWOW. Besides submissions, I got zero feedback either by posts here or PM's or private site chat messages, so that's where it went wrong because I needed to ask about TWOW which annoyed people.

More information coming later. What I'm going to do is probably delete this thread (sorta) and make a new one and forget about this one. Opening post will probably be exactly the same with a few changes as updates of what happened.
I'm also thinking of a way to reward people that either already joined in first instance (because I'm glad they did what they were supposed to do!) or the people that are going to submit their entries early on (because that's what I'd like to see whenever sign-ups are going again).

I hope you guys are not too annoyed by this. I'm basically just delaying/extending the start of TWOW. The ones that already submitted their entry can just submit it again so still there can only be more participants. I apparently annoyed a lot of you by reminding you too often and I hope that won't happen again when I re-open sign-ups.
Besides, I have a test week coming so it's decent timing anyways. Probably I'll make TWOW sign-ups close the day my test week will end. It seems quite reasonable to me in the end.

So yeah, sorry for doing this but I don't really see much of another choice. I think that sign-ups will start again in a week, which is the 9th of March, and will last up until the 13th of March. That's 5 days long (9th in the morning, 13th the evening). I hope this is good enough for you too.
hi

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”