FTL: Limited Information (Federation Victory!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

Radical
Getting us fixed up, but we handled that really well.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 am

Post by the worst »

*inhales popcorn*

want me to just stick with the piloting system hacks? or should I target one of their more niche systems?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeah, either piloting or the core/superweapon/whatever the last phase's surprise is for us
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by the worst »

hacking boarding is a little lackluster
basically piloting or mind control imo, but given we never got the commercial license I'd say coordinating piloting hacks with Dr. Spyconeum's firing will probably be more effective.

If I get a thumbs up from Ico I'll fire on their piloting.
--
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 728, the worst wrote:hacking boarding is a little lackluster
basically piloting or mind control imo, but given we never got the commercial license I'd say coordinating piloting hacks with Dr. Spyconeum's firing will probably be more effective.

If I get a thumbs up from Ico I'll fire on their piloting.
Well, we
were
perfectly in sync allowing the weapons to do their job :cool:
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by the worst »

locking in piloting!!
--
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by Iconeum »

They won't have a LOT left in the way or normal firepower, so I will be targetting other systems that are gonna mess with us in the coming fight.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by the worst »

Perfect. I'll keep the defence drone up for missiles.
--
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 2:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Are we at all low on fuel/drone parts btw? We can save one of each by just waiting here for the flagship to jump back, theoretically there could be a store closer to the flagship if we jump towards it but that would only matter if we got hit hard enough to need to run away, plus we'd still need to catch back up to it before it gets to high command.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:02 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Jump 97

The final battle with the Flagship is coming up, and we want to make sure we're prepared. This is no time to save resources, so while we're getting a safe distance from the beacon (and then a bit more, just to be sure), we deploy our Hull Repair drone to make sure that the ship's completely spotless.

When we arrive after the jump, we discover that the Rebel Flagship is sitting within an Energy Shield. Iconeum's fully focused on getting through it, because until we do, we aren't going to be able to do anything to the Flagship. All we can do at our side of things is to deploy another Defence Drone, and hope to survive the Rebels' early attacks. Their first move is to mind-control Elizabeth (and give her a bit of a power boost at the same time), so the worst goes next door to the door control room to distract her. That said, he can't stay there long; two Rebels immediately teleport over, one joining Elizabeth in sabotaging the door controls, one perhaps unwisely attacking Varsoon. The door controls are probably a lost cause at this point – Iconeum's too slow to go over to save them, the worst is too weak, Varsoon can't fight one versus three, and we can't exactly send Gammagooey the pilot over – so we have to abandon them and focus on protecting the rest of the ship.

As the door controls fall, the Flagship launches its first weapon barrages. (So do we, but all we can do is chip away at the Energy Shield.) The lasers can't get through our shields, and unlike in previous rounds, they have nothing to follow the laser barrage up with. The missiles, however, can, and a drone power relay comes loose. the worst isn't busy, and thus runs over there to repair it, but it might take a while. Meanwhile, the invading Rebels, together with the mind-controlled Elizabeth, go to the shield room. We were somewhat prepared for this possibility, and drained half the oxygen from the room in advance, so that turning the oxygen pumps off will force people out of that room before it affects the rest of the ship.

The Rebel teleporter activates again, and now there are four people attacking the shield generators. Varsoon holds them off as long as possible, but it's only a few seconds. We badly need more crew at the back of the ship, so Iconeum programs some simple rules into the weapon systems and starts making the long trek over; he'll take over from the worst in repairing the drone power relays (the room's been breached and is out of oxygen, and Iconeum's more resilient against that). the worst goes to the now-empty door control room; we're badly going to need working doors if the Rebels are going to send still more crew.

Our oxygen micromanagement pays off, though, forcing the invading Rebels out of the shields room with only one shield generator down. That's a good thing too, as the core of the Rebel ship lights up, firing a huge number of laser shots at us all at once. It's a testament to Gamagooey's piloting that only two of them get through the shields. Unfortunately, one of them hit the oxygen pumps; we're going to have to repair those as soon as we get the opportunity, but there's nobody around to repair them but the injured Varsoon, who wouldn't get the repairs done nearly quickly enough. Far better to let him heal up so that he can fight off the Rebel infantry once Elizabeth comes to.

Luckily, Elizabeth snaps to her senses almost immediately. All four Rebels attacking our ship are in the engine room; one of them was badly damaged by Varsoon earlier, and Elizabeth finishes him as soon as she's aware of what she's doing. 3 healthy Rebels versus our 2 injured Federation combatants is still insurmountable odds, but the worst has just managed to fix the door controls, so we quickly reconfigure the doors to force the Rebels into the infirmary. Elizabeth goes over to the oxygen pumps and starts to fix them.

The good news is that our weapons have finally worn down the enemy Energy Shield. The bad news is that the Rebels have had yet more time; they teleport over one additional crew member to try to stop our Artillery Beam, and their weapons set our own weapons room on fire, in addition to taking out a second shield generator. Luckily, we not only make use of the gap in the Energy Shield to send over a Hacking Drone, but it manages to land while the Rebel pilot temporarily went over to their Shields room to fix Artillery Beam damage; we've locked them out from their own navigation controls.

Varsoon was fighting 1 versus 3 in the Infirmary. That's a losing battle even with help from injections of adrenaline and similar basic combat drugs – we don't have anything advanced in there to help out more. However, it's not losing all that fast, and although Varsoon is badly damaged, Elizabeth finishes repairing the Oxygen pumps before he dies, and goes over to help just as he finishes off one of the Rebels. 2 versus 2 is a much better fight. The Rebels respond to that by mind-controlling the worst and sending him to join the fight on their side; they also use their missiles to take out our door controls (again), and the last shield generator.

The oxygen has returned to the shields room, so we can send Elizabeth over to help get the shields back up. It rather feels like it's too late, though; the secondary weapons have burned out, so we have no way to shut down anything on the Flagship, much of the ship is breached or on fire, all the crew are busy with essential jobs, and another Rebel has just teleported on top of Gammagooey, making navigation hard. It feels like there's nothing we can do; not even the hack on the enemy navigation is helpful when we have nothing to attack the enemy with.

Luckily, Gammagooey, despite being in the middle of a shoot-out, is still conscious. We were hoping to end this here and now, but if we can at least survive this fight, we may have a chance to beat the Flagship later; and it only takes one finger to hit the FTL Jump button. The beacon we just jumped from is still under Federation control, and it'll be much easier to kill the remaining Rebels and repair the damage to the ship when we aren't being shot at. Running away from your goal is always a sad moment, but what else can you do?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 am

Post by PvtUrist »

omg so tense
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:21 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Jump 98

The Flagship doesn't follow us. We realise in retrospect how risky it was to jump away from a potentially rigged beacon, but it was our lucky day; the jump deals no damage to our ship, and the Flagship was too afraid to follow.

Much of the ship is short of oxygen or on fire or broken or some combination of that, but we've managed to kidnap most of the Flagship's crew in the process of the jump. Even better, many jobs which were absolutely essential during combat are kind-of pointless in a more peaceful area like this. Iconeum can safely leave the weapons to burn, and goes to Gammagooey's defence in the navigation room (a pilot untrained at combat won't beat a Rebel infantryman who is). Elizabeth no longer needs to take the shields online in a hurry, and goes to fix the doors; we'll need them to help put out the fires. the worst is out of range of the Flagship's mind control device, and can start repairing things. Varsoon is still badly injured, but takes out another Rebel immediately as we arrive from the jump, and is almost certain to win the remaining 1v1 fight given the help of the Infirmary.

The Rebels realise that being split up aboard a hostile ship is probably not the best of ideas, so they decide to band together in the oxygen generation unit; perhaps they've realised they can't survive and are hoping to take us with them. That means that Iconeum can go back to trying to put out the fire in the weapons room; he's not that fast at it, but he's not that bothered by it either, his rocky body being immune to heat. Varsoon's still too injured to take the Rebels 2 versus 1, so Elizabeth goes over to them to help out in the fight, leaving the worst to fix the doors. A moment later, and Varsoon has killed one of the remaining Rebels with a projectile attack, and decapitated the other with his sword-arms.

We still don't have the ship completely under control yet. Iconeum's put out the fire in the weapons, but there was a second fire burning amidships, and it's spread to the bridge; we didn't have any chance to extinguish it earlier with everyone busy and the door controls broken. That said, the worst has just fixed them, so we vent that whole area of the ship, running Gammagooey over to the weapons room so that he has somewhere to breathe (and to help speed up the repairs while he's at it). The lack of atmosphere extinguishes the fire
just
before it reaches any critical parts of the ship's structure, so no damage there. We're finally at a stage where we could survive for a while doing nothing; there are plenty of problems still on the ship, but at least now none of them are threatening to become worse.

We still face an interesting problem trying to get everything fixed, though. Our ship is full of holes, and Iconeum is too badly damaged from Rebel weapons fire to make it to the Infirmary alive through the parts of the ship that are missing oxygen. Instead, we have to send the worst to fix them, one by one, holding his breath in the process, and running back to the Infirmary in between. Varsoon and Elizabeth are now fully recovered, so they spend their time trying to fix the broken structures at the back of the ship; they may as well get some repair experience, after all, and they're no longer critically needed for any jobs immediately.

The whole internal security and repair job took a very long time, but the ship's finally back into ship-shape, and we've repaired everything we can inside the ship. With many of the Rebels dead, the next attempt at the Flagship is likely to be easier. Even so, given what a disaster the previous attempt was, we might want to change our strategy somewhat. The Flagship still has to come this way, so we may as well talk tactics while waiting for it to arrive.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 4:16 am

Post by Gammagooey »

so did we have a ship repair drone? we might want to use all but 2-3 parts repairing the ship here for the next attempt.

my opinion on things to change for next attempt: probably use the first hack on their mind control as soon as it's used, and make sure to keep weapons online at all costs (since I doubt we have the parts to repair up enough to have a chance with a 3rd attempt)
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 7:09 am

Post by Iconeum »

Holy shit we got ripped
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Iconeum »

With most of their crew gone ill be targetting mind control over teleporter
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll have the repair drones fix up the ship as best I can while still keeping enough around so that we can at least get a few ready for this last fight.

Ya'll have been a fantastic crew, and I'd gladly go swiping into mantis-valhalla with all of you.
But if I get mind controlled, then I'll likely be doing exactly that.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Gammagooey »

dibs on all of ya'lls scrap if you die

if i die please make me an overly extravagant coffin and shoot it into a sun
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

Just eat what's left of me so my strength can live on inside of you, weaklings.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am

Post by the worst »

Few points:
- we never got the commercial licence for hacking so it's not gonna do much to mind control; I think best value is me just tag teaming with iconeum on the piloting. Cap'n, if you disagree just let me know.
- definitely destroy the mind control system asap because eek evil!Varsoon.
- we had some trouble because our drone system is so easy to take out. I could reinforce it with about 15 scrap, if you'd be comfortable all sending me some pittance.

I'm down to 4 and a bit.
I'll work on keeping the shields and defence drone up. :D
--
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Gammagooey »

As far as I know (again it might be changed with mods and etc) hacking mind control still cancels the mind control and makes them wait the full cooldown to use it again (though the cooldown might not be that long if they have a very upgraded version)

If there's a long wait between when it starts and when we have a chance to hack it then yeah piloting is prob a better bet but we got pretty destroyed last time by being outnumbered by 2 more crew members than we would be with cancelling mind controls
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sent you my pittance, the worst. We could probably cobble it together.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:39 am

Post by the worst »

Oops I had 0 scrap. I now have 5.25. :lol:
I don't know how I forgot that sorry.
--
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

WELL YOU GOT MINE
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by the worst »

thank u harpoon<3
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by the worst »

Gooey you are a genius.
Yes we can hack mind control. :D
if you and Spyconeum have 10 scrap between you I'd really appreciate it so the defence drone is less likely to be taken down - since we've got so much stuff to mitigate I really think the single padding upgrade will help with the missile risk.
--

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”