Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:42 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Honestly, Best New Player should have far more nominations than it does, so I'm going to add all the ones I think are missing (at least from an LSG standpoint - I don't think all of these players are new to MishMash as a whole, but all of them played their first LSG this year).

Nominate
Chemist1422
and
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
. Neither of them have done particularly well in LSGs yet, but both have been great additions to the Mish Mash community as a whole (especially on the Discord side of things), and I think it's only a matter of time before they each find their breakout games.

Nominate
2func2punction
, specifically for his play as Air Bud in Disney, being one of the most likeable and sociable complete newbies in LSG history, and being one vote away from the finale in a game with 30 players - pretty damn impressive for a first game!

Nominate
Ircher
and
formerfish
for being new players who weren't afraid to go in strong and make big moves in Allocate/Execute and Spitfly respectively. Both of them left huge marks on those games. Also nominate
CreativeMod1
for being a huge force in basically every game he played, from himself in A/E to Starlight in Equestria to (probably my favourite) Zack&Cody in Disney World Domination.

Finally, nominate
Reundo
for his performances as Victini in Legendary, Soarin in Equestria, and Pua in Disney. He clearly put his all into all of these games, and was one hell of a competitor in each and every one of them - not only that, but was incredible to work with and work against, and just a joy to generally be around and play alongside.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:43 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

oh, and Fourth
Awoo
for being an incredible player both to play alongside and to watch, and second
The Worst
for his phenomenal performance as Tapu Lele.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:16 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Best Overall Mish Mash Player:

Third Malkon
- it's been fantastic to work with him on the Character Poll and on Hybrid, as well as being one of the best spectators in numerous games (Legendary and Disney spring to mind) and an experience to play with in A/E, Spitfly, and especially Equestria. That's not even mentioning the work he put into Survivormeet.

Second KittyMo
- Easiest nom of my life. Was amazing to work with throughout Spitfly, and (despite the medevac) was a great player to play alongside in Killing School Semester, but the player side is a very small part of what she's done this year. From helping run the Nonary Games to Identity to Survivormeet, and from firsthand experience of the work she's put into the edgic for TRTWIUAA, she's been a force to behold in terms of the behind the scenes of Mish Mash this year.

Nominate Haschel Cedricson and Tanis Nikana
for the work both put into Survivormeet, and respectively Equestria/Nonary Games. Survivormeet was the definitely highlight of my year and it wouldn't have happened without the work all the crew (Haschel, Tanis, Malkon, KittyMo, Cephrir, and anyone else I've forgotten (sorry about that)) put into making it the incredible experience it was. On top of that, both of them took the lead on running online games that were very fun to take part in and easily in contention for LSG of the year.

Going to do one last one, specifically for their gameplay rather than running anything -
IProbablySuck
is the standout (non-newbie) player of the year for me. I think people who skim over his game history will see Celebi, sorta nod and say 'I think I see why he could deserve a nom from that', but I think a lot of people miss what a fun and excellent person he is to play with even when he doesn't make it that deep - premerged characters like Chiaki and Oren, who were an absolute pleasure to play alongside and deserved to go much further than they should have done. He's a brilliant player, and from my point of view at least really came into his element this year.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:33 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Best Social Game (sorry for the spam, last post I promise! I haven't played enough in General Mish Mash to have a good perspective on that):

The standout game for me this year, by far, was
SurvivorMeet: Willamette Valley
. The effort that went into setting the event up, the fantastic array of challenges that could be performed in person, the amazing, friendly atmosphere and in general just how fun the entire experience was, both playing the game and watching it, all contribute towards it blowing every other LSG I've ever played out of the water.

If this is supposed to be specifically online LSGs, I don't think there was any game that stands out to me in the same way that KSS stood out from the rest last year - every game this year was solid and great to play, but none were quite at that level of 'absolutely demolishing everything else' so it's a much harder choice to make. I think the overall best in my mind was
Survivor: Legendary
- an absolute blast to play, a cast full of interesting characters, and a fantastic mechanic in the Trainers that I think worked very well and should be used in future games. However, it's a close thing, and there's no game this year that I'd go 'Really?' if it won - a testament to a great year throughout for LSGs on this site!
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Fluminator »

Is it time to have more than 4 awards? :P
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:33 am

Post by xofelf »

Possibly maybe. If we have better ideas and the scummies steering committee is on board, perhaps. But how about we sort out a proper judging panel first for this and then we can consider doing more, yeah?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Fluminator »

Nth Kittymo for best mish mash player
She's played a huge positive part in the community recently, and deserves all the Nths.

Nth Creativemod for best new player
We usually never get along in any survivor game we play, but that doesn't stop me from loving everything he always contributes.
xofelf wrote:Possibly maybe. If we have better ideas and the scummies steering committee is on board, perhaps. But how about we sort out a proper judging panel first for this and then we can consider doing more, yeah?
I don't know how the process works, but there's just so many people who deserve rewards!
Last edited by Fluminator on Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I will
Nth KittyMo for best Mish Mash Player
and
Nth CreativeMod1 for best new player

KittyMo has played a few games this year and has spectated others. She works hard, she does a lot for the community, and is a delight to talk to. I can't even begin to express the gratitude I have for her assistance at SurvivorMeet, she was easily someone that all of the hosts relied on for many car transports and testing, and idea gathering. She was the unofficial 4th mod for that game and was instrumental in making things happen smoothly.

CreativeMod1 has played in quite a few games this year and although he often falls short of the crown, he always is a polarizing character who people remember. He's gone out of his way to help create the mod guide and even volunteer to be part of several game planning committees. He's a stand up guy who makes me roll my eyes and adore his spreadsheets. In addition, I've had the pleasure to work with him on an up and coming game and his enthusiasm and zeal for planning things is infectious. He is a good sport and works well with others when planning things. He's not only a new mish mash player, but is helping us as a community improve constantly <3
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Aurathebirb »

Too many awards would be bad but would like - best confessional, most iconic moment, best move
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

These new banners were done by Datisi and the mafia community got to see theirs early, so here are the mish mash ones
GTKAS
| here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by xofelf »

Important announcement!

You have until next week(January 8th) to make any nominations for any of these awards to be counted for judging this year. As always, every Large Social Game that ended by January 1st is eligible for best Large Social Game, however, the more a game is nommed, the more likely it is to win. So if you haven't nommed your favourite game from this past year and sung its praises, do so! If there's any Mish Mash games that have been run that you just don't see mentioned in this thread, fix that! Any newbies or users who haven't been recognized? Well get right on telling us why they're amazing and lovely parts of our community.

If you would like to be part of the mish mash judging panel, contact me. You need to be willing to read over any past games that were finished if you didn't participate or spectate them, as well as have a sense of the people nominated for best newbie and best mish mash player. You have until the 8th to volunteer as well because judging will start on the 9th and need to finished by the 19th.

Love you all, have a wonderful new year!
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Nominate Legendary{/b] for Best Large Social Game.

I think this is what of is telling us to do, and I feel like looking back on the year, this one has given me the best memories of what was happening. It kept me mostly engaged as a spectator
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by xofelf »

Also because I'm nice, this is what has currently been nominated:

Best new player: the worst, awoo, Reundo, chemist1422, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, 2func2punction, Ircher, formerfish, CreativeMod1

Best Mish Mash Player: CaptainMeme, Malkon05, kittymo/Ariel, Haschel Cedricson, Tanis Nikana, Iprobablysuck

Best LSG: Nonary, SurvivorMeet: Willamette Valley, Legendary

Best Mish Mash Game: Telephone Pictionary, MS Pokemon Tournament: Summer Showdown
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

nominate - survibor equestria

This was best game cause it had ponies
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 38, Aurathebirb wrote:
nominate - survibor equestria

This was best game cause it had ponies
also nth reundo

anti-nth summer showdown (it never ran to completion)
mafiascum is on life support
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by xofelf »

That is very fair.

Nominate: Codenames
for best Mish Mash game: Both StrangeCoug and Felissan have put a lot of work into running this game all year, and it's been a lot of fun and brought a lot of people from all over who hadn't played many Mish Mash games before into doing so. Got to interact with a lot of cool new(to me) MS people because of it, and it even got a title nom from a post in it.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think we need more general mish-mash games.

Nom What would they know? viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78627
Quizzes are good and this game looked mostly like it actually worked.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Ircher »

2nd Codenames

Nominate: Identity Reboot
for best Mish Mash Game. I think Identity has won before, but it looks like KittyMo puts a lot of passion into it. Furthermore, I think we need more nominations for this category.

Edit:
2nd What would they know
as well.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Klick »

Nth Malkon for Best Mish Mash Player
Nth CreativeMod1 for Best New Player
2nd Survivor: Legendary for Best LSG
Last edited by Klick on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 33, Aurathebirb wrote:Too many awards would be bad but would like - best confessional, most iconic moment, best move
Best confessional should definately be a thing! Like some people put so much effort into their confessional and it's really helpful to the spectators as without a confessional the spectators wouldn't know what's going on...I say all of this as someone who is terrible in my confessional but shhh :P

Personally if we're adding more awards I feel like there should be a seperation between Mish Mash and LSGs, like I personally spend all my time in LSGs and rarely touch Mish Mash and I know there are some who are the opposite and tbh they're very different things.

With that said I'd possibly add, best character, so this would be specific to the LSGs and would be awarded to the best in game character (this could also include non-anon characters)

Also another new award suggestion, something surrounding being a positive influence on the community, this can be for someone who just generally makes the community a better place

p.s feeling a lot of love right now, thank you for all the people nomming me <3 <3 <3
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Best LSG:
Nth on Legendary, this was a great game and it was a really nice idea to help get new players in on LSGs, love the idea of having trainers to support the new players

Best Player:
Nth on Captain Meme, he is definatly at the top here, he's always so entertaining to play with, watch play and just generally talk to outside of games too
Nth on Malkon, such a nice guy and honestly working with him on modding a game is such an honour, he's so great to work with and has really helped me in learnng a lot about modding

Best New Player:
Nth on Awoo, So much love for him in Legendary, he played really really well throughout most of the game and he has such amazing confessionals
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
TanisNikana
TanisNikana
Watcher
TanisNikana
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:37 am

Post by TanisNikana »

KittyMo for best player and best mod and best all-around community support pillar. She’s amazing.
Wait, you're telling me "touché" doesn't rhyme with "douche?"
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 33, Aurathebirb wrote:Too many awards would be bad but would like - best confessional, most iconic moment, best move
Make them minor awards. They don't get a banner but they get a shoutout at the end of the year in the ceremony.

Kind of like the opposite of the Technical Awards for the Oscars/Emmys.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

To be fair, the main Scummies have like 17 awards, I think us having 8 rather than 4 would be a good number
I think that 4 isn't enough to be able to award what needs to be awarded, like too many things get bunched together into 1 award
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please