Secret Hitler (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Secret Hitler (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Secret Hitler

Hidden Roles and Social Deduction in 1930s Germany

The year is 1932. The place is pre-WWII Germany. In Secret Hitler, players are German politicians attempting to hold a fragile Liberal government together and stem the rising tide of Fascism. Watch out though - there are secret Fascists among you, and one player is Secret Hitler.

Players
  1. Formerfish
  2. OkaPoka
  3. Vex Vience
  4. Datisi
    NotMySpamAccount

5. Menalque
    Saladman27

6. Egix96
  7. dweller
(Reminder that this list is in sign up order, not table order. Table order can be found in the game state lower down this post.)

REPLACEMENTS
  1. KittyMo

Spoiler: Alive
Everyone

Spoiler: Dead
No one

Game State
Table Order
  1. Formerfish
  2. Egix96
  3. OkaPoka
  4. VexVience
  5. Datisi
  6. dweller
  7. Menalque
Liberal Policy Tracker [5/5]: [#][#][#][#][#]

Fascist Policy Tracker [4/6]: [#][#][#][#][ ][!]

Exectutive actions with 7 players are
[No power]
[Investigate Loyalty]
[Call Special Election]
[Execution]
[Execution+Veto Powers Unlocked][Fascists Win]

Election Tracker [0/3]: [
][ ][ ][
!
]

Cards in policy deck: 8

Cards in policy deck when last shuffled:
1 Liberal
and
7 Fascist

Previous Successfully Elected Government:
(Cannot become Chancellor due to term limits)

Formerfish (P) - Datisi (C)

Confirmed Not Hitler:
(Has been successfully elected Chancellor after 3 Fascist policies have been passed)
  • Datisi

Important EventsPregame Game begins!
Session 1
: Formerfish nominates NotMySpamAccount for Chancellor Election successful Liberal policy passed
Session 2
: Egix96 nominates dweller for Chancellor Election successful Liberal policy passed
Session 3
: OkaPoka requested NEIN until NotMySpamAccount is President OkaPoka nominates Formerfish for Chancellor Election fails, election tracker advances
Session 4
: Vex Vience nominates OkaPoka for Chancellor Election fails, election tracker advances
Session 5
: NotMySpamAccount nominates Formerfish for Chancellor Election successful Fascist policy passed
Session 6
: dweller nominates Egix96 for Chancellor Election Successful Fascist policy passed, Investigate Loyalty unlocked dweller uses Investigate Loyalty on Egix96
Session 7:
Menalque nominates Datisi for Chancellor Election fails, election tracker advances
Session 8:
Formerfish nominates Datisi for Chancellor Election successful Liberal policy passed, deck shuffled
Session 9:
Egix96 nominates dweller for Chancellor Election Successful Fasist policy passed, Call Special Election unlocked Egix96 nominates Formerfish for next president
Session 10:
Formerfish nominates Datisi for Chancellor Election Successful Liberal policy passed
Session 11:
OkaPoka requested NEIN until Formerfish is president. Okapoka nominates Egix96 for Chancellor. Election fails, election tracker advances.
Session 12:
Vex Vience nominates Menalque for Chancellor Election fails, election tracker advances
Session 13:
Datisi nominates Menalque for Chancellor Election fails, Fascist policy passed, executive action lost, election tracker and term limits reset
Session 14:
dweller nominates OkaPoka for Chancellor Election fails, election tracker advances
Session 15:
Menalque nominates Vex Vience for Chancellor Election fails, election tracker advances
Session 16:
Formerfish nominates Datisi for Chancellor Election succesful Liberal policy passed, LIBERALS WIN
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:24 am, edited 59 times in total.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Rules
blatantly ripped off
inspired by Korina's from various Mafia and Mish Mash games. I like his formatting and have no shame.

Follow the spirit of the rules, not just the letter, and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

CONTENT RULES
  1. Follow the site rules.
  2. This is a game where you literally get to shout fascist at people, but keep it civil.
  3. #8000FF
    is my colour. Don't use it.
  4. Don't edit your posts. If you have to make it clear what changes were made.
  5. Don't directly quote mod communications, real or faked.
  6. No cryptography or breadcrumbing.
  7. No hidden text or text smaller than this.
  8. You are only allowed to talk about the game in this thread.
  9. Play to your win condition everyone, that's where the fun of the game is.

DEADLINES, ACTIVITY and V/LA
  1. Legistlative session will last 48 hours (with leniency on Chancellors if the President is late). Game play between legistlative session will last two weeks. I will bring in stricter deadlines for individual phases if it starts being a problem. If a deadline is changed I will post in thread.
  2. Thread will be locked during the Legislative session.
  3. If everyone has voted in an election before the end of the deadline, we will enter the legislative session early.
  4. Post
    game advancing content
    every 48 hours (72 hours over weekend) or you'll get a prod. I will reduce the prod timer if you are consistently posting on timer deadline.
  5. If you get prodded three times or don't respond to a prod in 24 hours you will be replaced.
  6. Failure to take part in the legistlative session will result in a random choice. Failure to use executive powers will lose the power. Failure to nominate a chancellor will count as a failed election. Failure to vote in an election will be interpeted as VOTE: NEIN.
  7. If you are V/LA prods will come every 72 hours.
  8. Please
    declare V/LA bolded
    in thread or use V/LA tags.
  9. If you are going to be V/LA at game actions feel free to PM me clear instructions as to what actions you wish to take.
  10. If you are going to be V/LA for an extended period of time or have no internet access, please ask for a replacement via PM instead.

GAME ACTIONS
  1. The legislative phase will be carried out via PM with me. Do not directly contact the other participant.
  2. To carry out an exective action use VOTE: Mizzytastic or
    ACTION: Mizzytastic
    in thread.
  3. To nominate a chancellor for the election use VOTE: Mizzytastic or
    NOMINATE: Mizzytastic
    in thread.
  4. To vote in an election send me a PM with VOTE: JA or VOTE: NEIN. Public votes will not be counted.
  5. If I think it counts, it counts. Please don't make it look like you are taking actions you aren't currently eligible to take.

If I've missed something obvious feel free to
ask me bolded
in thread and I'll reply, and add it to the rules if necessary.
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Official rules can be found here. If you think I've made a mistake, please point it out.

OVERVIEWSecret Hitler is a hidden roles game focused around passing poliitical policies to help progress your party's agenda. There are the
Liberals
who form an uninformed majority and the
Fascists
one of whom is
Hitler
. The Fascists know who Hitler is, but Hitler does not know the identity of their fellow Fascists.

The Liberals win by passing 5 Liberal policies or shooting Hitler. The Fascists win by passing 6 Fascist policies, or getting Hitler elected Chancellor after 3 Fascist policies have been passed.

The game has 3 phases, that repeat until the game ends.
  1. The current president nominates a chancellor and the players vote as to whether they are ok with that pairing.
  2. The president draws 3 policies from the policy deck and discards one, then passes the other 2 to the chancellor who discards one and enacts the other one.
  3. If a fascist policy was passed the president may get to carry out an executive action, depending on the number that have been passed, then the presidency moves around the table.

ELECTIONAn election procedes as follows:

First the presidency moves around the table to the next player.

The president nominates a chancellor. They cannot nominate the president or chancellor from the previous successfully elected government.

All players, including the president and chancellor vote JA or NEIN if they are happy with the pairing.

If a majority vote JA the Election Tracker is reset to zero, and we enter the Legislative Session. After 3 Fascist policies have been passed, if Hitler is successfully elected Chancellor the Fascists win.

If the vote is tied or a majoirty vote NEIN, the Election Tracker advances and the game moves immediately to another election with the next president.

If the Election Tracker reaches three failed elections in a row, a random policy is enacted from the top of the deck, and the election tracker is reset to zero. If that random policy would result in an Executive Action that action is lost.

LEGISLATIVE SESSIONThe Legislative Session is carried out without any communication.

The president draws 3 policy cards from the policy deck, discards one face down and passes the other 2 to the Chancellor.

The chancellor then discards another policy face down, enacting the third policy.

If a fascist policy is enacted then there may be an executive action carried out by the president.

If there is no executive action then the move on to a new election with the next president.

If their are fewer than 3 cards left in the policy deck, the deck is reshuffled with the discard pile without revealing any of the cards before drawing.

EXECUTIVE ACTIONAs more fascist policies are enacted they unlock Executive Actions.

The president of the government that passed the fascist policy takes the Executive Action.

The executive actions are as follows:

Spoiler: Executive Actions
Investigate Loyalty:
The president secretly investigates the party affiliation of another player, finding out whether they are a
Liberal
or a
Fascist
. Hitler is affiliated with the Fascist party.

Call Special Election:
The president chooses the presidential candidate for the next election (they may choose any player). After that election has been resolved the next president is the one following the president who called the special election, not the one who was chosen.

Policy Peek:
The president secretly views the next 3 policies in the policy deck, without changing the order.

Execution:
The president chooses a player to die. If that player is Hitler the Liberals win the game. Otherwise that player is removed from the game without revealing their role or affiliation.

Veto Powers:
This permanetly modifies the Legislative Session for the rest of the game. If the Chancellor is unhappy with the 2 policies they have been passed they may request a Veto. If the president agrees to the Veto then both policies are discarded, the Election Tracker is advanced and the game continues with an election with the next president.

Which powers are unlocked with how many fascist policies varies with the number of players. With 7 players, F1 has no power, F2 Investigate Loyalty, F3 Calls Special Election, F4 is an Execution and F5 is an Execution and unlocks Veto Powers.

SETUPThe policy deck begins with 6 Liberal and 11 Fascist policies.

The exact break up of roles depends on the number of players, with 7 players there are 4 Liberals, 2 Fascists and 1 Hitler.

Role PMs (for 7 players) are as follows:

Spoiler: Liberal
You are a
Liberal
, a member of the
Liberal
party.

You win when 5
Liberal
policies are passed, or when
Hitler
is dead.

Spoiler: Fascist
You are a
Fascist
, a member of the
Fascist
party.

XXXX
and is a fellow
Fascist
ZZZZ
is
Hitler
. The other fascist knows your and Hitler's identities, but Hitler does not.

You win when 6
Fascist
policies are passed or when
Hitler
is successfully elected Chancellor after 3
Fascist
policies have been passed.

Spoiler: Hitler
You are
Hitler
, a member of the
Fascist
party.

You have 2 fellow
Fascists
who know your and each other's identities.

You win when 6
Fascist
policies are passed or when
YOU
are successfully elected Chancellor after 3
Fascist
policies have been passed.
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Sorting out rules posts and the like. Rules can be found here but I will be changing one of my place holders to a how to play post.

Game needs 5 players, works best with at least 7 and I'm hoping to get a full 10! Feel free to /in. Expect a similar level of commitment to a Mafia game.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

/in
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

in
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by KittyMo »

replacement
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Vex Vience »

in
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

/in
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

if its not that big of a deal for u mizzy, can we just play with 7 max? i honestly hate playing with more than 7.
also ty for actually using the correct pronouns when crediting my ruleset
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

I prefer 7 min because I think the game is at it's best when Hitler doesn't know the other Fascists but I have no problem with 7 if other people are ok with it.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Korina »

ignore my shameless ego post
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Saladman27 »

/in
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Imma toss you.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Right, I'm working on the assumption of a 7 player game for now, been as no one has complained. Also seems more likely with the rate of sign ups >.>
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Post by Egix96 »

/in

This game looks pretty fun from what I've seen of it being played on MU.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Can I suggest that you don't play at an odd number, it doesn't work as well odd

Reason being, when you get to the first execution, if you're at an odd number and you kill a Liberal (which is likely to happen) Facists have 50/50 voting power meaning that they can downvote any government they don't want in
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Korina »

Yea, but like, 7p is the most fun game to play. 8p and above is too many people and extremely unbalanced. 6p and below is too few people and extremely un-fun.
That also means that shots have to be made more carefully. And also, fascists aren't guarenteed to win if it comes down to a 3v3. They have to topdeck from that point on and hope they can win on policies, or hope they can get the gun again, which liberals won't allow to happen.

To illustrate the point about 8p+ being broken:
The 9-10p board has two investigates back-to-back. Let's say two people conflict, and the president checks someone else and they claim fascist.
Let's say the next person conflicts as well, and they get investigation. They check the previous president. They see liberal.

They now know who three of the four fascists are, and one liberal, meaning they know the alignment of half the people on the board. This is only made worse if the second investigator is hitler, since they automatically know who all their fascists are, and that everyone else is a liberal.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Korina »

That figure is also made a million times worse if both investigations are made by fascists.
P1 conflicts with P2, and investigates P3. They see liberal, but claim fascist.
P2/P3 is skipped, going to P4. P4 conflicts with P5, and they check P1. They see fascist, but claim liberal.

The rest of the board then would likely believe that P1/P4 are being honest there, effectively removing two liberals from the game making it an automatic 4v3 or 4v4, with fascists being guaranteed to win the game.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Korina »

Hitler throws a wrench into the plan because they don't know the others, but, typically at that point if fasc pick hitler as chans they kinda get the point.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 17, Korina wrote: They now know who three of the four fascists are, and one liberal, meaning they know the alignment of half the people on the board. This is only made worse if the second investigator is hitler, since they automatically know who all their fascists are, and that everyone else is a liberal.
I did think on this point a bit more, and there wouldn't be a conflict there if it's fasc-hitty. Hitler would give RB, claim RRR, Fasc would play R, claim RR. Because the chans played R over B, hitty knows they're fascist, and then by investigating the former president, they automatically learn who their other two fascists are.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
dweller
dweller
Goon
dweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by dweller »

/in

I am happy with 7 people but if more people want to join then I think we should increase the number of players. Otherwise I am happy with whatever other people say.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

korina i assume ur a secrethitler.io player?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Public mod checklist of DOOOOM

pm everyone just so people can give some input on the game size

pm a different mish mash mod to try and get private thread cos my last pm hasn't been picked up yet :roll:

get private thread set up

if everyone is happy with 7 players start game! (sort game thread, clarify set up for player count, send role pms)

We aren't 100% set on 7 players yet so if you want to /in there is still a shot. And if we do start with 7 you'll get added to the replacements queue.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Im good with whatever, this is my first time playing so I have no expectations.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”