2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 828, D3f3nd3r wrote:I think the better solution might be changing the pass yardage value so that it comes closer to valuing RBs and WRs equally, but I’m not sure what that’d look like.
currently, it's 1 pt per 25 yards. I feel like 350-380 is sorta a normal QB stat line and thats like 14/15 pts not counting TDs. I'm not a big fan of the idea of making the QB getting a point per 10 yards like an RB does. Honestly, I think it's fine the way it is but mayyyybeeee making it 1 point per 20 yards seems like it might be ok.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:20 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah no I meant the WR reception yardage oops, if the goal is to value WRs (and pass-catching RBs) more, then changing WR yardage to a point per, say, eight yards might do that.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

WRs and RBs both get 1 point per 10 yards...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh u want the wrs to get 1 point for like every 5 yards or something I guess...

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:24 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I mean I feel like 5 is too drastic, but that’s the quantity I’m throwing out there as a possible change.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

maybe it's very boomer of me or something but it just seems very lame to me to inflate the fantasy football scores. Like leagues that add all kinda wonky categories so teams will get 150 pts each week feels very amateurism or something. It's like putting madden on EZ mode and running up the score.
Last edited by Nero Cain on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:28 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I agree but that’s exactly what adding PPR does too :P

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i know wich is why I don't like it.

Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

It'd be neat if there was a way to do PPR (or half PPR) but only in instances where the receiver gets positive yardage, but I don't think that's possible.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

You could always add punishments, like negative points for missed kicks
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

So possible kicking, receiver, IR, bench and 10 team division/playoff changes. Wasn't there more we were considering? Can't seem to find right post about it on my phone while at work
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I mean more broadly we need to figure out what we’re doing with the extra week of the season since it seems all but confirmed that we’ll have one next year...

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Are they kicking around the idea of 18 weeks due to possible ways to handle something like covid or are they kicking it around in terms of just having more weeks to get more money and air time as if the nfl does not have enough of that?

In a typical 10 team no divisions 4 people make playoffs league there is no true schedule alignment. And technically there is no true strength of schedule alignment in the nfl they just try to do best they can based on divisions. But if there are no divisions then I don't think us not having a true schedule alignment is a big deal. We could always try 12 man no divisions with 4 people making the playoffs with weeks 16 and 17 being playoffs for an actual 18 week real nfl season. Do you think this solution is too crazy?

Back before the NFL had divisions, what did they do for nfl scheduling in terms of remote equality? Who do they plan to have people play in this 18th week if the team already played division opponents twice and other equal finish division wise teams, and 1 full in conference division and 1 full non-conference division?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

money not Covid

The plan is for the teams to play the cross-conference opponent with the same placement in the division they played two years prior. For example, since the Jets will finish last in the AFCE and the AFCE played the NFCE in 2019, they’ll play the last-place NFCE team from this year in 2021. No idea how they’ll allocate home versus away games, the unofficial proposal I’ve seen is that odd years the AFC hosts and even years the NFC hosts.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

meh

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 835, D3f3nd3r wrote:...so a wide receiver making a catch but losing nine yards on the play should be rewarded?
better than two different tight ends both catching a 2 yard pass on similar routes and 1 guy getting 1.2 pts and the other guy getting .2 points.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 840, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 838, Groose Caboose wrote:Can I volunteer to stay in L2 (with first dibs if someone doesn't return next year) to end this debate? It's been going on for longer than I care to pay attention to.
Aronis said he might not be coming back so if he doesn't then you take his spot. If he did then sure. It's very noble of you.
do you know what would be noble? The commissioner not changing rules post season to make other players feel unwelcome. Or the commissioner that randomly added 10 IR slots stepping down. Those would be noble.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 863, D3f3nd3r wrote:money not Covid

The plan is for the teams to play the cross-conference opponent with the same placement in the division they played
two years prior
. For example, since the Jets will finish last in the AFCE and the AFCE played the NFCE in 2019, they’ll play the last-place NFCE team from this year in 2021. No idea how they’ll allocate home versus away games, the unofficial proposal I’ve seen is that odd years the AFC hosts and even years the NFC hosts.
Seems like a dumb idea for an extra game

And I wouldn't say Nero randomly added the 10 IRs. People asked him to add some, so it wasn't random. But 10 was way too many, 3 IR spots would have been fine. My Covid Sucks team had 3 IR spots during the season and they survived and I also had Mosert and Julio Jones get injured a lot on that team. For anyone wondering just how plagued my Covid Sucks team was with covid during the season. The final count of players effected by covid by either schedule changes or getting directly put on the covid list was 23. And 3 IRs was enough to get that team to a superbowl. So I stand by 3IR being enough

Avg of More than 1 covid issue a week for the 16 game season and I still made it to the superbowl in that league. I don't care I lost that Superbowl to Davante Adams, Josh Allen, Diggs, Montegomery, Taylor (Lost by almost 100pts), just getting to that superbowl with that shit luck is an achievement. My team here was the only lucky team I had this year as my remaining 2 teams had most points for and against getting 4th overall, and the last team had 13 QBs lose their starting role due to injury and or shit play throughout the season, BUT keep in mind that league allowed 2 qbs to start during every week so that wasn't a true avg of every week thing or an avg of every other week thing either.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seems yahoo decided to do the work for me. Though it lists Joe as second to last in projections despite me getting a C- draft grade and him getting a C? Not sure what is going on there.

Left to right its Pablito, Joe, me, the way, Rob, Reck, Fish, Pooky, T-bone, Nero. Rob's team appears to have done the closest to its initial projection while I was the most different
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yahoo projections are very bad. Just checked my other leagues. Everyone in bottom half of their projections is in top half of the actual results. smh. Please get better with your projections yahoo!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Aren't the projections based on the expectations that no changes will be made through the entire season? (no adding/dropping, no benching players, etc.)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

They are based on yahoo's draft grades
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I thought that too, but looking at given projections and current draft grades it seems things have changed for not just Joe and Myself in terms of the projections. So not sure whats going on there since it must not be based on just draft grade. Regardless they are quite far off for the actual results on some people so I feel its still worth noting
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

My money league IRL uses .5PPR (stepped down from 1PPR after like 7 years bc it way inflated WRs and certain RBs) but we did add point per first down as well
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 841, Kilgamayan wrote:Also, as long as we're bandying about scoring change ideas, I'd like to more seriously suggest the kicker thing I previously mentioned in 302; specifically, that kickers get 0.1 point per yard of successful FGs, rather than an integer number of points based on distance intervals. As an example, a 37-yard FG would be worth 3.7 points instead of 3 points. I have no particular argument for why this is any sort of remotely necessary change; it simply made kickers a bit more fun in the league I was in that tried it this year, so I figure why not, maybe it'll take here as well.
thinking about this...I don't really like it. Like a 50 yard FG would still be 5 points. It doesn't really seem like it changes anything except to punish kickers/offense that kick short FG's over a big leg kicker.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”