2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no one ever said 4 will move up so it's not changing anything. I think it has to be 3 like we did in 2018. So me, you and Reck move up with Joe getting priority in case someone flakes but hopefully everyone comes back.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Reck did very well this season. His only bad move was putting Waller on waivers. If he has Waller he likely gets better seeding and playoff matchups and wins it all at the end

My Covid Sucks team lost already. With all the issues that team had I should be happy with how well I did. I took covid to the super bowl yay... wait I should not say it like that

Gonna draft with a focus on durability over anything else in the future given injury issues were my main problems in all my leagues this year. Less injuries and covid would have got me some rings instead of two 3rds and two 2nds. And had either of my 3rds made it to super bowl, I would have won.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:09 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 775, Nero Cain wrote:no one ever said 4 will move up so it's not changing anything. I think it has to be 3 like we did in 2018. So me, you and Reck move up with Joe getting priority in case someone flakes but hopefully everyone comes back.
4 move down so 4 move up. You trying to use a loophole to get what you want after everyone agreed to not change anything is ridiculous. I sincerely hope you're not running this next year. I'd rather do the shit myself than let someone as trash as you do it. Zoraster passing the shit down to you was a horrid mistake.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, traditionally it has always been 3 from L2 and 1 from L3. Citing recent examples isn't even a loophole....like the last time L2 was 10 players Mith's plan was to promote 3.

The only thing I want is to play and I don't really care who moves up or down and I think it's ridiculous you think I have some ulterior motive when I don't. I mean, someone has to make a decision though. I'm just saying that I think 3 is a fair number and it follows Miths previous thoughts when L2 was 10. We moved up 4 when both L1 and L2 were L2.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:01 am

Post by PJ. »

If you don't care, why are you so adamant in how many move up and down? especially when everyone was like..just leave it.

Step down from commissioner.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 779, PJ. wrote:If you don't care, why are you so adamant in how many move up and down? especially when everyone was like..just leave it.
I don't think I am? and its been 3 from L2 forever including 2018 when L2 was 10 just like this year. So fmpov you are the one thats trying to change it.

Why do
YOU
want Aronis out of L1 so bad?

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:25 am

Post by PJ. »

4 leave l1 dude. period. that's been a thing. 4 leave. we need to get those 4 back from *somewhere*. stop trying to change shit you stupid motherfucker. I wish you were this commited to giving us PPR or better waiver soluions, you know things that people actually fucking want instead of trying to save this 1 fucking spot so bad. You definitely are adamant because you've brought it up a ton a fucking times despite everyone telling you to fuck off.

Step down .
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

To be fair I played a part in bringing up the topic this time.

I honestly don't care how many move, but we probably should have had this discussion back in july or august to make sure things were clarified to all regardless which way one looks at precedents

Could have a vote on it, but not really sure the vote would be fair at this point. Some bias would be involved for those that could be moved one way or the other. Also not like we can have fair duel between Aronis and Joe since 10 team league likely allows for Joe's team to have better/larger talent pool than Aronis gets in a 12team league. If there was a fair way to determine which player was better that would be good, but I really can't think of any fair way to do that.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

panzer your reading is selective and bad.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:53 am

Post by PJ. »

I find it despicable that he's trying to manipulate this into *me* being the one wanting to change rules at the last moment just because he wants to make this bizarre last minute change for no other reason than he *feels like it*. Just like he impulsively added 10 ir slots w/o consulting anyone. It was obvious ir would be an issue, which should of been addressed prior to the season. He knew the math on the teams before the season started and should of decided to save the extra spot then. This isn't something that snuck on on anyone. Nero has demonstrated that he is not fit to run the league or make decisions that help the league at large. I shouldn't have to dm reckoner the day before the finals to be like "hey Nero wants to make your game matter, you should weigh in on that". 4 people leave league 1. It has to come from somewhere. Idk, instead of trying so ridiculous hard to manipulate your friend aronis into staying in league 1, you should use all that energy to give us ample time to change rules that get this league out of the fucking stoneage. Or step down so someone else can because you clearly suck.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:54 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 783, Nero Cain wrote:panzer your reading is selective and bad.
Step down you manipulative bitch.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

#1 im not changing shit. we never discussed promotion.
#2 promoting 3 when L2 was a 10 player league has been done the last time L2 was 10 player
#3 ppl were asking for IR slots

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

if u want 4 to go up so bad just leave L1 and then there would be no question.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by PJ. »

4 leave l1 every year. 4 should leave 1 this year. period. You want to relegate 3 people instead of 4. That is a change. A change that *YOU* want to make and have been trying to make for the last week+. Something that you have been incredibly adamant about despite going out of your way to be like, "oh it's not important it doesn't effect anything". I have no idea why you want to do this. Idk if you owe aronis money or what. If it didn't really matter surely, you would just relegate 4 people like we have every other year. So how about you stop trying to manipulate the rules to get what you want AFTER THE FUCKING SEASON, when you should of changed these rules in July or August. Especially when 4 people have already told you they are fine with leaving it as is. As is being 4 people being relegated. You dense fuck.

Step down. Stop being corrupt. Stop being a cunt. Let someone else manage the league that isn't going to literally change the rules of the league to help certain people after the standings have been solidified.
Last edited by PJ. on Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 787, Nero Cain wrote:if u want 4 to go up so bad just leave L1 and then there would be no question.
this is just you being a spiteful little bitch because I don't want to just give you your way and save your little friend. How about you step down instead of being a bitch. thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i've never done anything to harm the league. In 2018 only 3 moved down. I'm saying that we shouldn't change from that.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by PJ. »

So why not use what we used last year? Or in 2017? Why choose specifically 2018? Is it because you have decided to pick and choose a specific year because it fits what you want, what you want being aronis to stay in L1 for *some* reason? That harms competitive integrity of the league. As did randomly instituting 10 IR slots without any input from your players. Step down. You're corrupt. Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Mith changed things b/c he understood that there's a difference between a 10p and a 12p.

but I've also said
In post 753, Nero Cain wrote:if we wanna say that this year we'll just stick with the 4 up/4 down then fine
which means that you are lying about me being so adamant about it being specifically 3 although I think 3 seems fair and its what we did b4 when L2 was 10.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

L2 was
NOT
10 players in 2019. Was L2 10 players in 2017? I'm citing 2018 b/c L2
WAS
10 players.

Also lol if you think adding IR slots during a fucking pandemic has much impact at all. We could only change it
ONCE
also L1 did so as well but you are being biased so meh

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Honestly you both make some valid and invalid points. Kinda wish there was an easy way to decide things

I pmed t-bone and Reck when we wanted them to weigh in on the reseeding. Did anyone else pm them then?

We should have had a vote on how many IR positions and relegations there should be before season regardless of which precedents are more valid

Could always vote on new person to lead leagues next year. KMD was league manager of L1 this year, yes? He could decide who is right between two of you now. Or we just ask mith or zoraster to decide if they still have any investment in this. Other than that maybe we use team records to decide things or something? Like some other factor to decide things fairly would be good.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if anyone is being manipulative it's you, You keep claiming that it's about me trying to keep Aronis in L1 when I just think 3 is fairer and it's
WHAT WE'VE ALREADY DONE BEFORE!

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by PJ. »

Fair would be not changing the rules of the league literally after the season finished. 4 people relegated. Like last year. I don't know why you are choosing to use two years ago as the benchmark and not last year, but it seems to very much point to you wanting aronis in L1 for some unknown reason.

Step down.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c im using the year when L2 was 10 and not 12. Are you just trolling and trying to get attention like you normally do?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 794, PokerFace wrote:We should have had a vote on how many IR positions
Why?!?

IR slots barely matter.
At most
an IR slot lets you roster an injured player that can come back later but you are going to have to drop someone from your active roster to do so and then like if it was someone that you drafted then it's like...not changing anything? And if it's someone you picked up then you were just faster to the draw b/c everyone else had the same chance to pick him up. Like most Panzer arguments this is asinine.

Yahoo gave us the ability to increase the # of IR slots b/c "hey, it's a pandemic and we just might have more injuries than usual!l" I happened to agree that it was fair and right to give teams the ability to roster their covid players. We could only do it once so in my mind just doing the max seemed like it would have been the right thing to do.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 792, Nero Cain wrote:Mith changed things b/c he understood that there's a difference between a 10p and a 12p.

but I've also said
In post 753, Nero Cain wrote:if we wanna say that this year we'll just stick with the 4 up/4 down then fine
which means that you are lying about me being so adamant about it being specifically 3 although I think 3 seems fair and its what we did b4 when L2 was 10.
if you were fine with it, you wouldn't have brought it back up. Why are you pressing the issue?

edit: because you don't make changes to the league midseason w/o consulting the players, you thick fuck. That fucks w/ the competitive integrity of the league. For example, someone in league 1 dropped cam prior to us receiving the spots after he popped off for 35 pts(because they needed a QB and bench slots for other stuff) and allowed a different player to pick Cam up.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”