2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 794, PokerFace wrote:Could always vote on new person to lead leagues next year.
I don't feel like I should have to potentially be demoted b/c Panzer is making a big stink about me changing something that I'm not even really changing. Mith was already changing it from year to year based on league #'s.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm making a stink because you're making changes mid and post season that effect the players and the integrity of the league while like pretending you don't care while openly and adamantly forcing this through.

You should *certainly* be demoted for that.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if anything, it
is
my fault for not making this decision/having this conversation @ the beginning of the reason but its disingenuous to claim that I;m trying to change anything.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by PJ. »

If you weren't, this literally wouldn't be a conversation. Everyone was under the impression that you wanted to **change** the number of promotions from 4 to 3. This was a thing you brought up in november. And have brought up several times since. If you weren't changing anything, it wouldn't of needed to be brought up, because it would of been the universally agreed upon thing. And we all agreed literally last week that you were trying to change a thing, but you decided that the work *change* was a sticking point, so you have decided to adamantly rail against the qualification of you changing a thing in order to get some kinda of high ground to force through this change. That is shady and manipulative.

A league commissioner should act in service of the league and not solely in service of their own views on what is fair or just or whatever you are trying to accomplish. This is something that you have proven that you do not want to do. I'd rather you just step down now so we can figure out who's replacing you, than have to stir up shit 6 months from now when that time would be better used on figuring out waiver solutions and scoring.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

to change something it has to be decided already and we never decided on our promotion scheme but when L2 was 10 we only moved 3 so im not sure why we shouldn't be doing the same thing.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if enough people actually wanted 4 to go up that's fine? like I don't really care but I am saying that I'm not "changing" anything b/c its ALWAYS been 3 from L2 (and the one from L3) and when we actually had a 10 player L2 that's exactly what happened...we promoted 3 and moved 3 down and I'm not sure why we aren't doing that again....

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I might needs Diggs jersey now! Him and Bass got 40.50. I just needed 36 something to beat Nero. And if I went all in on the Bills it would have been even sweeter with Josh Allen's points over Herbert's. GG Nero. Bills Mafia! I love you, Bills Mafia!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

L1 championship match

“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

GG Poker

BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Nice comeback Poker! Congrats on the Win.

Thanks all for the season. I'll be back next year!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

see you nerds in L1 next year
green shirt thursdays
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:10 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 805, Nero Cain wrote:if enough people actually wanted 4 to go up that's fine? like I don't really care but I am saying that I'm not "changing" anything b/c its ALWAYS been 3 from L2 (and the one from L3) and when we actually had a 10 player L2 that's exactly what happened...we promoted 3 and moved 3 down and I'm not sure why we aren't doing that again....
Look. You do care. Don't say you don't, because you do. If you didn't,
the conversation would of been over a week ago. You continually are ignoring what I'm saying, deliberately so. The reason is you think that makes your argument better because you have found some weird circumstance 1 year that only 3 from l2 moved up.

In all the years mentioned and all the years period, 4 people from L1 get relegated. No matter how many people move from which league, 4 people ALWAYS get relegated. That is the thing you are trying to change, you obtuse fuck. And if you were going to do that, it needed to be done in August when you knew the numbers. Same time you should of decided the ir slots. But you're inept.

4 people out, 4 people in. Stop being Aronis' bitch. Step down so we can figure out a new commissioner and I dont have to bring this up in 6 months.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

To be fair, I always remembered 4 in, 4 out before we even had a L3. I don't remember 3 leaving L1 unless someone didn't come back that was supposed to stay in L1, but if we did it in 2018 and you can find a quote of mith saying we did it because of a 10 team L2, we should stay consistent with that because we were lazy about determining it at the start of the season. Usually we post promotion/relegation when leagues are finalized but it looks like we forgot this year. I was under the assumption all year it was 4/4 because that's what I always remember doing with no L3 but I admit that was my own assumption and not anything that was said officially.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

In NFL thread and 3 strikes game, we link games from previous years to first post. We should start doing that here because me finding 2018 or 2019 thread to see if Mith gave an official ruling or not about 3 getting moved is hard to find on phone.

If he gave something official then we move just 3. If not, then 4 is what we move. Seems fair way to decide to me
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Found the years in question
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=80085
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=76844
Checking 2018 for posts from mith now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Closest thing I could find to a quote from mith is viewtopic.php?p=10379979#p10379979

Though there is some points of note. We had 3 leagues then with league 3 having some dupes in 2018 so that may be why only 3 got moved from L2 and no one from L3 got moved up. So I don't think we can say 10 in L2 was reason only 3 was moved. I think its more accurate to say the lack of a true non-dupe L3 is reason only 3 moved.

We could go by the rankings mith lists and just ignore L3 listings since we don't have that any more which would result in:
L1 #1
L1 #2
L1 #3
L1 #4
L2 #1
L1 #5
L1 #6
L1 #7
L2 #2
L1 #8
L2 #3
L1 #9
----
L1 #10
L2 #4
L1 #11
L2 #5
L2 #6
L1 #12
L2 #7
L2 #8
L2 #9
L2 #10
This would point to only 3 moving, and interestingly Mith ranks L1 #10 above L2 #4 so that would further support L2 #4 staying put.

Or we could try to find a happy median between those rankings and the 2019 relegation setup viewtopic.php?p=11192997#p11192997
Which I guess would be:
L1 #1
L1 #2
L1 #3
L2 #1
L1 #4
L1 #5
L1 #6
L2 #2
L1 #7
L1 #8
L2 #3
L1 #9
----
L2 #4
L1 #10
L2 #5
L2 #6
L1 #11
L2 #7
L2 #8
L1 #12
L2 #9
L2 #10
This happy median would also suggest we would just move 3. Something funny I will point out about this conversation is I don't think Nero is trying to help Aronis. I think Nero may be trying to avoid playing Joe (groose caboose) again. Nero did throw to avoid playing Joe in the L2 playoffs this year. And since Joe is L2 #4 now, if Joe stays behind while Nero moves up, that would mean Nero does not have to play Joe next year at all. So there is weight to Nero wanting to avoid Joe, not weight to Nero wanting to help Aronis
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

:facepalm:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my opinion has nothing to do with Aronis or Joe.

I think promoting 3 from a 10 player league seems fairer. Its what we did the last time L2 was 10.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was making a joke, Nero :)

In truth, I am basically saying you are both right and wrong. Nero is probably right about 3 moving, but Panzer is right about you changing things like IRs and reseeding last minute. So I vote we do what KMD says and follow the quotes which suggest 3 move and we possibly have KMD as league manager next year.

I myself don't want to be league manager here as I will be managing my espn league and introducing a new waivers system and many changes there. I don't want responsibilities for that league and heading our ms leagues here all at same time. I don't want to overload myself. So I'd rather vote for KMD than take charge of things myself
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

how dare I change something that had a negligible impact! The gall! Also, we all agreed, including yourself, on the reseeding so...

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am not disagreeing (disputing?) for suggesting a decision that I myself agreed to. I am disagreeing (disputing?) with you on the timing of the decision and general lack of preparation for the situation. I would rather we had no league head or manager and just decided things by some majority vote. This is Mafiscum, we decide many things by vote. But since an even number of players could easily result in a split or bias vote, and every game needs a moderator, I would rather let a 3rd party like KMD, mith decide it.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

We take at least 2-3 alternates into L1 per year (namely at least myself and PEG this past year) can we just pick something and shut the fuck up
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:)

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 780, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 779, PJ. wrote:If you don't care, why are you so adamant in how many move up and down? especially when everyone was like..just leave it.
I don't think I am? and its been 3 from L2 forever including 2018 when L2 was 10 just like this year. So fmpov you are the one thats trying to change it.

Why do
YOU
want Aronis out of L1 so bad?
I really appreciate you standing up for me--In my mind you've been a great commish, but tbh- I'm probably not joining this league next year. After witnessing the way the NFL was horribly managed this year, I just don't care about FF anymore plus unfortunately I think it's somewhat obvious how I feel about this league's settings--it's a joke league. I can't be bothered to care and don't belong in league one.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”