2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by PJ. »

The issue w/ that is aronis is *only* positively affected. If groose and reck both want to be like "yeah, im cool with this thing that only affects me negatively" than whatever I guess, but I think it's ridiculous to even put them in that position.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

wait wouldn't i have a shot at being the third?

i generally agree w/ not changing shit middle of the season
green shirt thursdays
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

Yeah, I was more so saying it would give me something more to play for this weekend. After reading this exchange, I think we should keep it the same.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If L2 ever got to be like an 8 player league are we really going to be like "yeah, let's promote half the league!" if we wanna say that this year we'll just stick with the 4 up/4 down then fine but I'm just trying to look @ it from a fairness perspective and I still think that a 12p league is "harder" than a 10p. Moving forward I think something like @ number based relegation /promotion system makes sense so like

if l2 is 8=then 2 move up
if l2 is 10=then 3 move up
if l2 is 12=then 4 move up
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 753, Nero Cain wrote:If L2 ever got to be like an 8 player league are we really going to be like "yeah, let's promote half the league!" if we wanna say that this year we'll just stick with the 4 up/4 down then fine but I'm just trying to look @ it from a fairness perspective and I still think that a 12p league is "harder" than a 10p. Moving forward I think something like @ number based relegation /promotion system makes sense so like

I totally agree with making this change in the future.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm fine with the concept. I'm not fine with finalizing that decision 2 days after the semi-finals that decided who would be playing in the 3rd place game(and 9 days after everyone in the f4 thought they were promoted).
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I mean it probably won't matter to begin with because we lose enough people year-to-year
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wasn't expecting this conversation to actually gain some steam so I guess I'll make a serious comment of value. Making changes during any part of the season that help some and hurt others, I will never support.

I was okay with the IR changes since they helped everyone, but I still felt weird about the timing of that change and exactly how we changed it, 10 IR is still absurd.

If we are going to actually change how many move in and out, let's plan it out before next time and have it effect next next time
Nero Cain wrote:If L2 ever got to be like an 8 player league are we really going to be like "yeah, let's promote half the league!" if we wanna say that this year we'll just stick with the 4 up/4 down then fine but I'm just trying to look @ it from a fairness perspective and I still think that a 12p league is "harder" than a 10p. Moving forward I think something like @ number based relegation /promotion system makes sense so like

This seems fine as a future proposal
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Back when we had a league 3 the top 1 player of L3 went to L1 and the top 3 of L2 went to L1. I thought if Nero got 4th he would stay behind but seems that was not the case. If it was said we move 4 at start of the season let's keep it that way.

Since league 3 is gone and probably is not coming back the new proposal sounds fine for pre-next year and I guess its moves won't go into effect until next next year
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 758, PokerFace wrote:
Back when we had a league 3 the top 1 player of L3 went to L1 and the top 3 of L2 went to L1.
I thought if Nero got 4th he would stay behind but seems that was not the case. If it was said we move 4 at start of the season let's keep it that way.
exactly. It had been just the 3 from L2. I don't think we ever said anything about the top 4 moving up.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are the old scum league threads locked?

anyways

In 2019 when leagues were 12/12 we promoted 4 from L2

viewtopic.php?p=11192997#p11192997

In 2018 when L1 was 12 and L2 was 10 (and L3 was 10) we only promoted 3 from L2 and 0 from L3

viewtopic.php?p=10379979#p10379979

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So precedent has only the top 3 moving up but I just wanna be fair and want everyone to have fun so if b/c I didn't lay it out @ the very beginning of the season Reck should move up then eh...assuming reck even loses next week.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 756, D3f3nd3r wrote:I mean it probably won't matter to begin with because we lose enough people year-to-year
and this very well be a thing

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well whatever is fine. People may leave next year making their positions mute. The days of 3 leagues are long gone

BTW over the years I noticed that Nero, Panzer, and some others like to drop players on Tuesday before they add on Wednesday as apposed to just dropping and adding all at once on wednesday. Why are some people different?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

*moot?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Kamara does not play this week in ms league 2. He is on tbones team and 5th place was already decided last week. If they held that game over 2 weeks i think tbone would still win at this rate
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Same with L1, TD37 had him. Should mean that the bronze medal match is pretty much decided at this point...
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Damn me having a bye this week. 6 touchdowns, would have walked to a win.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I feel a 10 team setup should be top 4 with no divisions BUT if you have divisions and get the 6 in playoffs, everyone should play week 14 not just the semis. Only 2 games going on week 14 feels wrong. Everyone plays but top 2 I say. This leads to top 4 being decided like a classic tourney and other places being decided across 2 games for weeks 15 and 16 which I think is more fair. Tbone would surely still win his game but who knows who would win the rest.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

When i win, i win by a lot when i lose its by a lot. I am actually hoping henry goes nuts so i can at least get the $100 in my other league while still making L1 here. Also i am very glad Reck and Tbone not playing me today.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

man. i'm in the third place game in both of my leagues. and in both leagues i would've won the championship this week as i had the highest score. fuck.
green shirt thursdays
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Stefon Diggs + Derrick Henry + Robert Tonyan vs. Aaron Jones + Jordan Poyer (don't ask) + 21-point lead in the finals of my other league. A nail-biter!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hopefully, 36 is enough to hold off Diggs and a kicker.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also good job, Reck

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

36 probably will be enough. Wish I had not run into some issues finding starters with Robinson outing and no good other rb matchups. Team was not healthy 2 times I played Nero. Lucky you. Some better starters at other positions would have helped too. I get L1 either way so that's good. Did we decide how many is going where all the way yet?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”