Rata Mall - Bank - Phase 4

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by ambic »

To make things a bit clearer - here is an updated map

Too hard to update the clock :D Its no longer 18:56
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by groza529 »

"Alright, I think I have it now!"
Return to computer
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by groza529 »

Adjust the clock to 10:35
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by ambic »

The bank Vault opens.

You all head in to take a look. There are 3 gold ingots, and they are HEAVY. You can take them if you want, but they are heavy enough to be unuseful as weapons

There are 4 boxes on the west wall, mounted in place.
Boxes 1 and 4 (Running north to south) are key locked.
Boxes 2 and 3 have 4 digit pins. They have warnings that if you get the pin wrong too many times, you might get covered in ink
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 am

Post by groza529 »

“Too many times? Well that is very... imprecise.”
Examine safety deposit boxes; attempt to locate ink nozzles

Johannesburg looks at the wall of deposit boxes. “Well anyway, one of these boxes is mine.” He turns to his companions. “I was not being coy when I said I did not recall what was within. I ask that you withhold judgment for anything you might see.”
Enter my pin into box 2. Iff it fails, enter my pin into box 3
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:22 am

Post by groza529 »

<out-of-character> So where exactly does the Northeast security door lead? On the map it looks like it leads to the alley... was Magilla Security Guard hanging out by the body and the back part of the ATM? </ooc>
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:06 am

Post by ambic »

He came from the alley. He used the west most door. Unfortunately as he was vaporised, its a bit hard to learn more
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:50 am

Post by ambic »

Posted to all rooms

The current deadline is:
Room Deadline
(expired on 2020-08-30 08:00:00)
I'd like to bring that back to
Room Deadline
(expired on 2020-08-29 08:00:00)
This is to allow the story to move on

If there are any objections, please PM me. One objection, and I will erase this post from all rooms
If you are in a room with others you can freely discuss amongst yourselves.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:53 am

Post by groza529 »

<ooc>I think I’m ok with a shorter deadline. Just have a few things to wrap up first.</ooc>

Johannes turned to Jia. “I still want to hear what you say about the trident, and it would be prudent for us to decide on code words if that is what we wish to do. It should be something that would not be guessable should we mistakenly bring the wrong person into the fold.”

He tapped the 3rd deposit box. “It appears that three wrong codes will trigger the ink. I have two options for box #3... any objection to my trying them? I don’t believe I have anything resembling a key to the other boxes and I would think anyone who does would have joined us as soon as the bank opened, but I will check the Tesla keychain.”
Examine the Tesla keys to see if there is a deposit box key with them. If so, attempt to open boxes 1 and 4.

“There are 3 gold ingots, and 3 of us. Seems to be a pretty easy division, if we plan to bring to bring them with us. We could also leave them in a deposit box, or in the vault.”

“On that note, do we wish to leave the vault open when we leave, or shut it? We don’t have to make it easy for anyone else, but maybe we want to.”
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:21 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 68, groza529 wrote:"By my count, there were earlier 5 in the bookstore and Mr. Carouthers was among them. I would like to think he would notice if someone was drugged. Likewise with you and the 3 others in the hardware store. Everyone else was alone. This seems to be good news; while of course it doesn't rule anyone out it suggests that they did not spread last year."

"I would expect of course that you will not act unless you are certain. I am willing to help, but if the vaporous percentage of the population grows indiscriminately I will be inclined to share what I know. In the meanwhile, my initial suspicion would be the female doctor. She was VERY quick to follow the dwarf to the hardware store, though... perhaps hoping to catch him alone. The difficulty is that if she were to be carrying syringes, that would not be too suspicious."

"I must ask though, how exactly does this pertain to the article I shared earlier? Should I fear the sign of the trident?"

Johannes walks toward the security door from which the guard emerged. "I hope that you will not find it rude, but as our time is limited I would like to continue exploring while we have this discussion. I would still like to find a way into the vault."
"The doctor is a good lead that I was already considering following up, but I am still uncertain of how best to identify drones without outright holding them at gunpoint. As you've seen, my aim with the atomizer leaves something to be desired, which leads me to think a more subtle approach would be better. Attempting to sneak a look in bags seems like the best solution.

"I would not be against threatening the entire group, especially if I had a number of people who would aid me with that, but I believe people in general may react badly to that and I doubt it would take them long to realise that my gun cannot be used against more than one of them at a time. Plus, as you have seen, my aim is not exactly the best.

"I am not affiliated with the beings who landed here and have no idea what the trident represents. That said, prior to your little apocalypse your planet was essentially under the 'Do Not Disturb' categorisation, so I doubt they had good intentions. Since then, it was deemed that there was nothing of significant value left here, so it has likely been something of a free-for-all."
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:35 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

<ooc - I also have no problem with the shorter phase>

"Code phrases, I will whisper to each of you. If you are making codewords for checking in with each other as well, ensure they are different to mine - I do not want any possibility of my own being compromised. Do not mention anything about this to anyone unless you have confirmed there and then that they are not a drone. I do not mind if you spread the word among people confirmed not to be drones - in fact, I would prefer you did if possible - but remember not to trust anyone unless you have an assurance
there and then
that they are not a drone. Past confirmation does not confirm anything by itself."

"Whenever we reconvene in a room after being separated, I suggest you whisper your code phrase to me, and I will then whisper mine to you. If you do not, make it clear why you are not doing so, or I will assume you are a drone and will act accordingly. If I do not respond with my code phrase, assume I am one and get to the atomizer as quickly as possible."

Whisper to Groza and Primate
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:45 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 83, groza529 wrote:He tapped the 3rd deposit box. “It appears that three wrong codes will trigger the ink. I have two options for box #3... any objection to my trying them? I don’t believe I have anything resembling a key to the other boxes and I would think anyone who does would have joined us as soon as the bank opened, but I will check the Tesla keychain.”
Examine the Tesla keys to see if there is a deposit box key with them. If so, attempt to open boxes 1 and 4.

“There are 3 gold ingots, and 3 of us. Seems to be a pretty easy division, if we plan to bring to bring them with us. We could also leave them in a deposit box, or in the vault.”

“On that note, do we wish to leave the vault open when we leave, or shut it? We don’t have to make it easy for anyone else, but maybe we want to.”
"I have little interest in gold ingots, but I can carry one if it is important to you to have them split up for the time being. I think I have a code that may work on the remaining box, but it would be a shot in the dark and could just as easily be for something else. How confident are you that one of your codes are for this box?"
"And I have no preference on whether to leave the vault open or closed as long as there is nothing exceptionally dangerous in here. I would prefer that drones had access to as few weapons as possible. Speaking of which,"

Pick up the half-crowbar
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:56 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

"I realise I have said more than my piece already, but quickly as an aside - I am aware that you may perceive me as a threat given the rather unsavoury fate of our friendly security guard here. However, regardless of what your objectives are, I do not believe they will ever run contrary to one another, even if either of you are concealing dark secrets. My own survival is only imperative until the last drone has been found and eliminated, after that my assignment will be complete and I will not care what happens to me or what happens here in general. I believe that the best way to complete my own goal is to make it clear that I will not interfere for or against any other, at least as far as killing individuals is concerned, beyond ensuring that the drone threat is eliminated."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by groza529 »

“The PIN for my box was 4 digits. I expect the other to be the same. There was a code in the middle office that matches this pattern: 1499. This is one of my options. The other is the time the clock was stuck on. This one seems less likely.
“Additionally I picked up this.”
Show Jia the bank card
“It’s possible this card uses one of these codes.
“I am inclined to say that if, based on what I’ve said, you still think your code as likely then we can try it and the one from the cubicle, but the clock code should probably be a final resort.”
“By the way, the keys worked on box #4 as you see. It contained $1000 in 100s.”
Give Jia and Harry each $300

“As for the ingots... perhaps we could store them in the deposit boxes. I’ll put one in my box 2. I’ll put one in box 4 and one of you can take the key. The third will be trickier unless we manage to open one of the other boxes.”
Put a gold ingot in box #2 and shut it.

Put a gold ingot in box #4 and shut it.

Offer the key to box #4 to Harry and Jia.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Primate »

*Harry rolls down his sleeves, rebuttons it. Puts on his jacket and takes up his cane. He isn't shaking any more and has accepted the situation.*

"You are the person with the gun. You have threatened to erase my memory, so I am inclined to acquiesce. I understand that we live a complicated existance now, and I have
Zero
inclination to have my mind and memories stolen, either by you, or by some cult of a machine god. I
appreciate
you telling me, and you have my word that I will assist you to the best of my ability. In return, I want to keep my memories, I don't want to be in a situation like this again in a years time."

Harry takes the $300 wistfully, kisses it and puts it in his jacket pocket

Take the key to box #4

Harry puts the remaining Ingot in his backpack unless he is stopped
"I'll hide this somewhere, I'll tell you where before I do it. We don't want to be carrying it around but also don't want to lose it"

"As for who to suspect, this isn't the first time aliens have come up. Pooky mentioned them in the bookshop. Said they'd been sighted near uranus."

"There's lots of people wearing t-shirts, we should pay attention if that changes"

Address CaptainMeme
Are there other things than can impact our memory out there? It feels like something is moving that we don't have control over.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Primate »

Address CaptainMeme
: Is it a coincidence, the fact that the 12 of us are here on the exact same day? What is this place, why are we here?"

"I am not affiliated with the beings who landed here and have no idea what the trident represents. That said, prior to your little apocalypse your planet was essentially under the 'Do Not Disturb' categorisation, so I doubt they had good intentions. Since then, it was deemed that there was nothing of significant value left here, so it has likely been something of a free-for-all."
Address CaptainMeme
"How do we get our memories back and fix this?"
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by ambic »

You hear the noise of glass breaking and an engine.

You look out from the safe to see... of all things ... Casey driving a truck, right into the eatery, and he seems panicked. He's shattered the main doors completely.

The truck deflects off a bollard, spirals straight at the tesla. The tesla is sent flying forward into the counter, and the truck slams full bore into the south most ATM. It rips out of the wall, and lands face up in the Alleyway, smashing out the wall along the way.

Before you can react, Casey jumps out of the truck, looking slightly dazed, and rushes off.

The front half of the truck remains just out in the eatery.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by groza529 »

"My! What chaos! Well, that changes a few things in here...
"First of all, it sounds like it is safe for me to try one code on this deposit box."
Attempt to open deposit box 3 with pin 1499. If it opens, take the contents (we can sort them out in a bit)

Address both Jia and Harry

"I should warn you both that before we go I want to collect the tool that opened the vault... it is possible that this will cause the vault to close automatically, so I would step out when you're finished in there."

"The young mechanic said he needed gasoline, cables, and perhaps some tubing. The truck presumably has the gasoline we need.Now that this is accessible again..."
Examine Tesla engine compartment and take any harvestable cables and tubing

"And we have an ATM that is in the alley now. It is possible that it was horribly damaged, but I imagine they are built sturdy to resist theft, so I might as well try."
If the ATM appears operational, use the bank card. Attempt to use PIN 1499. If it fails, attempt to use PIN 1856.

Pick up the Tesla wing mirror
"You never know."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 am

Post by groza529 »

Whisper to Harry
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Assuming it's not already opened, use the code 6279 on Box 3

Take the $300 and put it in my pocket

"Harry, I think you may have misinterpreted what I said. I am not able to erase memory, I was attempting to make it clear that if you do not allow me to do my job then the drones would. Perhaps I did not state that clearly enough. Regardless, I am glad that you are happy to assist and I will not take any action against you unless you have been converted into a drone, at which point it would not be against
you
as such."

"I have no idea whether there are other things that can affect memory out there. I suspect there's nothing that will remove memories of the mall in the same way that this will, since this is outright putting you under the control of another person. If you have lost your memories from beforehand, I cannot help with that and have no idea how you would recover those."

"I also doubt all 12 people being here is a coincidence, but I'm also unsure as to what the reason would be behind that. I am here because I followed the drone here, and I imagine the drone was attracted to the crowd."
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Primate »

"Oh, thats a relief"

"If I turn into a drone, I'd want you to kill me."

Put brochures on top of the pile of dust of the dead man, attempting to disguise the evidence.

Throw the feet in the vault before it potentially closes.

Examine the Alleyway outside for any evidence of where the security guard came from. (other doors, etc)
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Primate »

Writes "Security Deposit Box Code : 4621" on two pieces of paper and gives them to CaptainMeme and Groza.

"If you get pickpocketed, lets see who turns up covered in ink."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:45 am

Post by groza529 »

"OK, time to go!"
Adjust the time to 10:34. If the vault starts closing automatically, urge Jia out.
Shut down the laptop

"If the vault doesn't shut on its own, feel free to shut it before you go. I'll let someone else make that call."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:46 am

Post by groza529 »

Take the note from Harry and put it in my pocket.
"Clever."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:50 am

Post by groza529 »

Retrieve a pen from the stationery cabinet

"Can't hurt."

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”