Rata Mall - Zombie Chat

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Rata Mall - Zombie Chat

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:03 am

Post by ambic »

Zombie Chat

Rubberduck
is your queen
Battlemage
was NOT immune to the zombie virus and died, only to come back alive
Primate
was NOT immune to the zombie virus and died, only to come back alive

You win together.

Your win condition is to kill or convert everyone else.

Not everyone is susceptible to the virus - if you jab the wrong person be ready for a fight.

When you are all in a room together, you will fight together. You will each roll a dice.

Rubber Duck is base strength 4.
BattleMage is now base strength 2.

The more Zombies you add, the more powerful you become.
Last edited by ambic on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

we need to isolate people then. easy!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:20 am

Post by RubberDuck »

ambic wrote:The more Zombies you add, the more powerful you become.
\

Didn't know that detail.

So here's the short of it, we are weak, chronically weak, my combat ability is 1d4 and yours is 1d2, meaning if we come up against anyone strong they will almost always out roll us if they are rolling 1d6 or 1d7.

Different equipment can boost those stats, so we need to get armed and fast.

I only have enough serum to convert a total of 5 players, 2 remaining doses on my person and a top up for 2 more hidden away at the barbershop (assuming no one else has found it) There are immune players, so if i stick the wrong person we have to be ready to throw down. I am allowed to try and convince players to allow me to jab them willingly as well as trying to stick them while they are distracted.

How is your stick for combat? does it give you any advantages?

What I need from you now, is to know everything you know so far, who you have worked with, spoken to, and any relevant actions taken so far.
Rubberducky you're the one.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

we may as well just talk here.

Pooky has an investigative innocent on me, so I'm confirmed good guy which is helpful. I've also crumbed to Ariel that I'm cop-cleared.

I guess the plan is we isolate 1 weak player next turn, and so on? And definitely stick together, as presumably I can't recruit and am vulnerable to attacks.

Is it helpful if we use this thread as a repository for all the info we have on everyone and every room?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I think you over-estimate the strength of other players - I believe there are weaker players who are rolling around 1d4 too. I think i started at 1d6 and I was the 3rd strongest. so most are 1d5 and lower. As you say though, that's before weapons. My stick isn't really much of a weapon - it's a magic alcohol-finding stick. :giggle:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:28 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Hmm ok,

I'm thinking we need to look for some environment kills, I considered locking you in the freezer when you went for the food, but it has an emergency hinge release on the interior.

I checked the stove, utensils, and microwave, to turn on the gas and put metal and paper in the microwave and turn on high, hoping to blow you up while you checked the room but the gas is not running and needs to be turned back on, so I'm thinking that should be a side goal, get the gas running and we can rig this room to blow, if we are lucky we might be able to take out some stronger players.

I think Green Crayons might have a gun and he's old, so perhaps easy to convert.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:32 am

Post by RubberDuck »

What was your original role and win conditions, might need you to continue acting that one out once we go back into the Eatery.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 5, RubberDuck wrote:Hmm ok,

I'm thinking we need to look for some environment kills, I considered locking you in the freezer when you went for the food, but it has an emergency hinge release on the interior.

I checked the stove, utensils, and microwave, to turn on the gas and put metal and paper in the microwave and turn on high, hoping to blow you up while you checked the room but the gas is not running and needs to be turned back on, so I'm thinking that should be a side goal, get the gas running and we can rig this room to blow, if we are lucky we might be able to take out some stronger players.

I think Green Crayons might have a gun and he's old, so perhaps easy to convert.
i'm not sure that would have worked - 2 players knew i came here, and you declared publically you came here, so me being dead would have looked pretty bad on you. Similarly we should be careful going forward.

Why do you think GC has a gun? I was definitely not thinking that.

in general though, setting traps in rooms is a good idea. if you stick the kettle on and make some coffee, I'll pour my chilli powder in it. At the very least, we might give somebody a nasty bout of diarrhea. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 6, RubberDuck wrote:What was your original role and win conditions, might need you to continue acting that one out once we go back into the Eatery.
...yes obviously. I'm hardly going to suddenly break character. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Anyway, we are a team, so let's work together!

Shall we start with a repository of info on all the other players - just to pool what we know
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Character: Dr Lacey Higgs
Alignment: EVIL

You are a Zombie Queen hellbent on creating a Zombie Army on earth. Your goal is to convert or kill every remaining player, by means of a Zombie Virus.
If you are alone in a room with a player you may attempt to infect them with a Zombie Virus to which you are immune. You have a syringe in your possession you can stab people with. Not all players are able to be converted, so if you stab them, they will react (presumably angrily) so you can try to convince them to let you do it. By force or by sweet convincing words, either works. THere are up to 5 players you can infect. If you run out of Virus, there is more hidden in the Barbers shop - as long as no one else finds that first, you can replenish.

Once a person is a Zombie, their win condition changes to win alongside you. Any win condition they had previously is discarded.

Note: You *may* attempt to convert a player with other people present, but I will warn you up front - that's an exceptionally dangerous thing to do. You are counted as alone with a player if your Zombies are also present.

You are a tall, stunningly beautiful woman, with one blue eye and one green eye. You are dressed in jeans, and a plain white top. You are 32 years old.

Inventory
You are carrying:
Stopwatch on a chain
Aspirin
Bandages
Syringe with Zombie Fluid (Enough for 3 jabs)
Kettle
Newspaper

Base Strength
Your base strength is FOUR. This means if you attack a player, you will roll a 4 sided dice to determine if you win or not.
If you are carrying additional weapons, these may increase your strength.

Win Conditions
1. You must successfully convert at least one player to being a Zombie
2. Become the Sole Survivor by any means necessary. (With or without any Zombies who will win with you)

You check your stopwatch.

It's engraved with the name Dr Ben Nerrow.

You open it it up, and see that there is a photo of an old man. He's the one who invented the Zombie Virus. He's dead now, you think he might have once owned a store in this mall. The thought comes back to you - that's right - he was a little bit pyschopathic. He was going to be arrested, so he changed his identity and bought a store here in the mall. But the apocalypse took him to the grave.

A shame, because two of you with this virus would have been so much more powerful
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Player 1:
Pookythemagicalbear

Casey Ballentyne: Male, Early 30s Tall, Muscular, Scar across his face, slightly balding, tidy Beard, Dressed in Denim.
Forecast strength - 1D7.
Win condition is to "kill all bad guys".
He was very interested in the history of the mall, and is highly suspicious of Green Crayons.
Started the game with a lie detector he can use once every 2 phases. He has only used it on me so far - he asked me if I was a good guy in the book store, I said I was and the lie detector confirmed that I was telling the truth.
Is currently in the car park - planning to use lie detector on Talitha, using a similar approach.
He is likely therefore to want to go somewhere with me and Talitha next turn to basically move in a cop-cleared pack.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:47 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Regarding Puzzles:
In the hardware store with
MNO
Duck (Dr Lacey), Zag (Mark), Ariel (Carla), and CaptainMeme (Jia) was a CRT television with a pair of tv reception rabbit ears and connected to a 2nd hand VHS for sale which no one investigated. Maybe there was a VHS tape inside, did anyone think to turn it on to see what happened? There is a TV out here in the eatery by the ATMs, that turns on, but is lacking a remote or signal - maybe these things could have been used together to make a working object that could help us figure out a piece what's going on or how to progress something.

There was a clock in the HW store that could have been looked at, potentially yoinked for 2 more batteries which might be useful elsewhere. There was possibly a back room, why do I say that? The HW store CCTV camera was noted to be on and recording, meaning there either is a back room that camera is connected to perhaps a basic security setup like what you might find in a Pawn Broker, or the mall might have a central Security Operations room somewhere and if that's the case, there might also be weapon lockers with handguns, ammo, or batons, or first aid etc.. that Mall Cops could have been using pre-collapse of society. Also, if that [air quotes] "room" exists, it could theoretically be used to monitor all the other rooms that have working CCTV.
(Fingers crossed for a Paul Blart - Segway Scooter.)

I managed to snag 4x batteries from the two clocks here in the eatery (Did seriously none of you look at the map and think, what the hell is an OGUE CLOC and why are there two of them in the eatery?). Do I have a need for them, not yet, but they might come in useful, especially if we find a remote or other item that needs AA-batteries for instance, speaking of which, CaptainMeme (Jia), did the barcode scanner you found in the Hardware store work, does it turn on, can it be plugged in or does it need batteries to operate?

For example, there's a treadmill in the corner of the HW store that no one tried to look at or turn on. If nothing else someone should have at least tried to comically launch items off the treadmill at max speed.

I picked up a can of cola from the dispenser slot in the cola machine that apparently no one checked at the start. Maybe I need to make a man-eating plant burp, who knows.

One of the ATMs is displaying out of cash, and the other is ready and waiting for a card to be entered, so that could be an option to get cash for the Seer Machine (which players have already used successfully.)

The grill in the flip n burger turns on, so things can be heated up, if we had anything flammable we could light a fire, who knows maybe we might need to set the fire suppression system off in one of the stores at some point.

Obviously the bathrooms are now a source of water if we need it.

The stairs going up are bricked off and barricaded.

The stairs going down lead to a basement, which I'm assuming is one big room otherwise Amb would have updated the map or listed basement as a room that can now be travelled to?

The Elevator needs power, and we know there is a generator book which is potentially a how to guide.

We know there is a movie theatre but not sure where it is yet, which means there is potentially another set of toilets for movie patrons, a candy store/ticket purchase area, and the theatre room itself as well as a movie projector. Suspect it is on floor two of the complex and the elevator is the way to it and getting power to the elevator seems like a likely solution.

We still don't know details of what's in the other rooms.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am

Post by RubberDuck »

This is all I got out of Groza:
Forgive my frankness, but as your motives are still largely unknown, I trust we have an understanding that I am trying to help because it makes more information available rather than because of your feminine wiles. I doubt the dwarf will be so malleable either, though the young man in denim... perhaps. But I am more than willing to provide assistance as long as I deem your course proper.

You seemed to be scanning the room rather frenetically. Are you looking for something in particular? I observe that you are a doctor; I hope there is not some poor soul bleeding out on the street corner while we probe the mysteries of the mall?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 am

Post by RubberDuck »

and Green Crayons
But what are you trying to do here at the mall?

I'm here to help others help themselves. If you've got an interesting thing you ultimately want to do, and it sounds fun, I'm happy to help out. If it sounds boring I... will probably still help, but not as enthusiastically.
Note that he wants to know what I'm doing while not sharing anything of his own.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Ah forgive the copy past of the hardware store rant, I wrote that in anger, too many people trying to play this like its Mafia and only wanting to figure out people alignments rather than actually figure out the rooms.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:04 am

Post by RubberDuck »

We can probably aggravate Green Crayons into trying to attack you, as you keep trying to steal from him, if I can lure him into a room somewhere with the promise of helping him take you out and ""patching him"" back up after the fight, we could jump him and then tell Pooky that GC tried to attack me and you had to save me from him?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Player 2:
Groza529

Johannes Berger: Male, Mid-Late 40s Tall, Skinny, South African accent, Dark Hair - Dressed in a suit and tie. Carrying Briefcase.
Forecast strength - 1D5
Claims his win condition is related to "uncovering intelligence concerning the end of the world somewhere in this mall." He suspects foul play in that respect.
Claims his briefcase contains a hefty wrench he got from the basement in the last phase (weapon) and a card to access the car park. Implied the briefcase was empty at start of game - I don't believe this.
Received an anonymous telecom message from somebody last phase which said something like "I hope you are a friend, what can you see?". Only other players in a room alone were Green Crayons and Porochaz.
He didn't find much in the basement, besides the two generators, one working, one not (as noted publically), some water and gas pipes.
I wonder if we could cause a gas leak in the basement?
I have 1 gas mask, Talitha has another. On the generators, I told him there was a book on how to fix it in the book store, so he may have gone there, or the bank, which he opened last phase.
He is suspicious of me (because i was V/LA and didn't have time to answer all his questions!) and Green Crayons. He also had a plan for moving in packs for protection which will be unhelpful to us.

In post 11, Battle Mage wrote:Player 1:
Pookythemagicalbear

Casey Ballentyne: Male, Early 30s Tall, Muscular, Scar across his face, slightly balding, tidy Beard, Dressed in Denim.
Forecast strength - 1D7.
Win condition is to "kill all bad guys".
He was very interested in the history of the mall, and is highly suspicious of Green Crayons.
Started the game with a lie detector he can use once every 2 phases. He has only used it on me so far - he asked me if I was a good guy in the book store, I said I was and the lie detector confirmed that I was telling the truth.
Is currently in the car park - planning to use lie detector on Talitha, using a similar approach.
He is likely therefore to want to go somewhere with me and Talitha next turn to basically move in a cop-cleared pack.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Player 3:
Primate, formerly Jesternl

Harry Carrouthers: Male, 60s Medium Build, using a walking cane (noticeable limp), white haired, thick glasses.
Forecast strength - 1D3
Claims his main objective is to reside in the mall and be safe, as he keeps getting attacked on the road.
Moderately suspicious of me, and unusually trusting of Green Crayons. Limited dialogue between us so far.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I haven't spoken to Zag or CaptainMeme at all, so won't do entries on them. Others to follow in the next day or 2 when time permits.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 16, RubberDuck wrote:We can probably aggravate Green Crayons into trying to attack you, as you keep trying to steal from him, if I can lure him into a room somewhere with the promise of helping him take you out and ""patching him"" back up after the fight, we could jump him and then tell Pooky that GC tried to attack me and you had to save me from him?
I don't think that's a good strategy. I would prefer we prioritise finding 1 more person to recruit, given it will give us another body, and you will also become individually more powerful.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Some random thoughts for now:

There is a risk of people working out you are the obvious link to a zombie outbreak, and so we need to bolster our numbers quickly if possible.

Do we think foreigners are more likely to be immune to the zombie virus? maybe somebody with similar demographics to me would be a good option. I'm thinking Talitha? or Porochaz?

We should go to the barbers shop next for sure - I don't know if anyone has gone, and I can go under the pretense of knowing there is more alcohol there (my stick told me).

We don't know what happens when people die (i.e. will people be able to identify that they were good people (presumably yes) - this increases risk of gambits like the one you proposed with GC).
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

also, record of where people went in phase 1:

Bookstore:
Battle Mage
Talitha
Primate
Pooky
Nexus

Cafe:
Porochaz

Basement:
Groza

Toilet:
Green Crayons

Hardware Store:
RubberDuck
Zag
Ariel
CaptainMeme
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

On "regarding puzzles" that was a very helpful post, all noted. Remind me to do a similar one re-capping what happened in the book store.

I'm not sure whether we want to work out what's going on now, do we? Presumably we should be looking to sabotage all these things to keep ourselves hidden. Likewise, you're right we should be wary of CCTV now. And we definitely need weapons. I don't really have a gun sadly, currently wielding a fork!

I have cash for the seer machine - we can use it when we go back to the eatery.

On the movie theatre, yes I am assuming it is up another floor. I believe the room to the south of us currently is the Brewery (which is why I was trying to get into it). However, believe the brewery can only be accessed through a secret door under one of the seats in the cinema.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

One thing that might come back to bite me is my whisper response to Groza, I wasn't expecting to pull a recruit as easily as I did, as I too thought Pooky was going to come in here.
I was trying to sell myself as being only useful as a doctor.. I was unaware of the growing stronger mechanic with more followers.

<Thank you>
I trust we have an understanding that I am trying to help because it makes more information available rather than because of your feminine wiles.
Agreed, I have a Hippocratic oath taken by my physicians doctoral degree, whereby I promise to observe ethical principles in the practice of medicine and to first do no harm. I am allowed to try to defend myself if attacked, though I am currently unarmed and not strong enough to win in melee combat.

The machine needs $20 or 1 point of Str to operate, I tried to use it, but I am not strong enough. Diplomacy is going to be the way forward for me here.
You seemed to be scanning the room rather frenetically.
In particular I am looking for medical supplies or items that might be made into make shift healing as well as trying to free things up to figure out this puzzle mall. Best way to solve this mystery is to investigate literally everything, push, pull, look at every item, don't you think?

There's a tv by the ATMs here that needs a remote control, those TV's usually are set to broadcast Mall specific ads, might be some clues if we can get it working, there was also a VHS and TV rabbit ears in the hardware store, but no one investigated them...
<Sarcastic Thanks to MNOWAX for idly doing nothing in the previous phase...is what it is.>.
I observe that you are a doctor;
Well aren't you the sharp one sugar, Given I am dressed in jeans, and a plain white top. Yes, in fact I am a doctor. Perhaps you spotted my bandages and aspirin?
I hope there is not some poor soul bleeding out on the street corner while we probe the mysteries of the mall?
I am a Doctor not a Surgeon, I currently only have a few bandages for bleeding, soluble aspirin for pain and some single use booster shots which provide +5 to next combat roll of which I cannot administer to myself.

Presently nothing I can do about grievous injuries save attempting to cauterize them with a hot knife. Hence why I was investigating the hotplate in the flip n grill. It's risky because of infection, it might buy someone time, A day, but without antibiotics or proper stitches.. you get the idea. Scrapes and bruises I can handle, and stitches if I had the right items, but removing a bullet isn't my forte so try not to get shot.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”