Rata Mall - GAME OVER THREAD

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Rata Mall - GAME OVER THREAD

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:06 am

Post by ambic »

Unfortunately if you can see this, it means you have
died.
finished the game.

Thanks for playing. I can answer questions here

Dead Occupants:
Battle Mage
, Good-turned-evil, Former zombie, former alcoholic: Died attempting to break into the Mad Scientists lab. 4th incorrect guess on the pin pad despite skulls as a warning :(
PookyTheMagicalBear
Former Vigilante. Died attempting to break into the Mad Scientists lab. 4th incorrect guess on the pin pad despite skulls as a warning :(
Green Crayons
Morally Grey, Trouble maker - hit with a breifcase containing a wrench while unconcious
Zag
is Good - Badly formed Clone - Stabbed in the dark, while unconscious
Nexus
is Good - Girl looking for her sister - Killed after being tasered
CaptainMeme
- Evil - Android from the future - back to kill everyone. Attacked by a FrankenPooky.
Primate
, Good-turned-evil, Former Zombie: SHot from a window overlooking the UFO.
Johannes
, Good investigator, shot in back
Porochaz
, Evil, shot in exchange of fire
Rubberduck
, Evil, lost the final epic exchange.
Last edited by ambic on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:52 am, edited 15 times in total.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ok for generations who later read this, I would like to note:

I died twice in that friggin' cafe, thanks to Pooky abandoning me. :cry:

I would have died the 2nd time irrespective of my own actions, as my zombie leader compelled me to make the final guess.

I was only converted into a zombie in my final room, so everyone I spoke to - I was 100% good guy at that point.

An incredibly fun game, and gutted to be dead!! Lots of relatively small bad decisions I think (if I'd killed the zombie leader when I initially wanted to, everything would have been way different, but I wasn't impulsive/quick/aggressive enough).
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Retract that, turns out my zombie leader had the CORRECT GUESS, and I'm just an idiot who guessed wrong. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

Good luck boss, I think you might need it...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

despite being devastated at dying, I am overall still happy as it was a thought-provoking and challenging fun game...i want more of this!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:35 am

Post by ambic »

Post Game Threads can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=84382
Last edited by ambic on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ah man this is all super interesting. Damn that Green Crayons character, shading me pointlessly behind my back.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Haha I just read the Green Crayons Phase 2 Bathroom one! Man surely he is getting killed sooner rather than later for openly lying so much.

Can I please see the Eatery now?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:18 am

Post by ambic »

He has been lying from the outside. His backstory isnt a great one, so he made up the worst possible lie he could, about being the mall owner clashing directly with another persons plotline and win condition. The worst thing is now, he’s actually completely correct about something and no one is going to believe him
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 7, ambic wrote:He has been lying from the outside. His backstory isnt a great one, so he made up the worst possible lie he could, about being the mall owner clashing directly with another persons plotline and win condition. The worst thing is now, he’s actually completely correct about something and no one is going to believe him
Haha I knew it - Occam's razor or some such. I did give him a chance to be honest directly to me by PM, so if he was a good guy he definitely had an option there. Not that it would have done much good with my dying shortly thereafter.

I'm assuming Primate is a bad guy too, as he lied about our conversation in the Eatery (also screw you for dissing me now I'm dead! :lol: ) Seems a risky play to be buddying up to Green Crayons who is already outted to most players as a liar. It doesn't feel like the sort of game where that gambit would buy you much credibility even if Green Crayons was a good guy.

I think RubberDuck has shared way too much info about me, which is unnecessarily risky. I can see it paves the way for an argument of "BM trusted me so much to tell me all this stuff, and he was a confirmed good guy, so I must be good too". But it stretches credibility to the absolute limit to suggest I would have told anyone stuff like what was in my inventory. And it's somewhat undone by posting a quote of mine which shows I definitely didn't trust him.

Also others may have spotted some of the claims are not consistent with what I'd told them in private. Porochaz knows the battery acid thing isn't true (and I'm not sure why he said this??). Also Poro will know he didn't tell me about the secret door (and I did tell RubberDuck that).

I guess Pooky, Talitha and Green Crayons will all be suspicious for different reasons. My suggestion for this eatery phase was to obviously do some research through whispering to trusted contacts, work out where everyone was moving and try to pick someone off. I would have recommended trying to recruit Talitha as my strong preference as:

A. I had a feeling she might be susceptible to it, due to demographic similarities.
B. The pickpocketting power would have been very useful for us, and very risky if we didn't control it (i.e. the zombie serum could have been stolen!).
C. She wasn't likely to tell me anything, and so would be a +EV source of information to have on the team.
D. Tali is a good teammate as scum.

Although Pooky could also have worked, as it would have been relatively easy to run a gambit to get him in a room with only me and Rubberduck (as he trusted me), in order for us to try to recruit him. And also he seemed to be way ahead of most other players in game terms, is also v good as scum, it would have allowed us to control that lie detector, and he was probably the 2nd strongest player pre-weapons.

A shame we didn't get the chance to test these ideas out...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

If Pooky now trusts Tali and/or Ariel, he will probably move with them in a pack unless Rubberduck can influence that somehow. If they do go to the cafe, unlikely they find anything much, which is good for my new wincon (although thanks you guys for trying to save me <3 )

Rubberduck should probably still go to the barbers, as I don't think anyone has gone there yet, and would be a good place to get some weapons and pick off a loner. If nothing else, Rubberduck is a very smart cookie, he just needs a bit of luck.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:11 am

Post by ambic »

The game mechanic that really opens things up is the Morally Grey characters. They are characters that can choose to be good or evil. At the end of the game, their sum of actions is taken into account to which they win or lose as. They can choose which win condition to go for. Its abundantly clear to me the path one of the Morally-Greys chose.

One of the challenges morally grey characters face is that some of them simply appear evil. Everything is designed to tempt them to take the evil path. But for all of them taking the good path is quite a bit easier to achieve.

I was very very close to making Terry Lynch one of the Morally Grey characters, and that would have changed everything. But I needed some good aligned players, even if they were running up and down escalators whilst getting jiggy with a stick.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 10, ambic wrote:The game mechanic that really opens things up is the Morally Grey characters. They are characters that can choose to be good or evil. At the end of the game, their sum of actions is taken into account to which they win or lose as. They can choose which win condition to go for. Its abundantly clear to me the path one of the Morally-Greys chose.

One of the challenges morally grey characters face is that some of them simply appear evil. Everything is designed to tempt them to take the evil path. But for all of them taking the good path is quite a bit easier to achieve.

I was very very close to making Terry Lynch one of the Morally Grey characters, and that would have changed everything. But I needed some good aligned players, even if they were running up and down escalators whilst getting jiggy with a stick.
Hmm Talitha is one I guess. I'm guessing it's a different one who chose a bad-guy route. Would Tali have been zombie-able?

Ironically, that book store fiasco was in fact my finest hour in my relatively short tenure :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 0, ambic wrote: Quite possibly about to become an undead frankenmage. (NPC)
no way wtf!? :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:35 am

Post by ambic »

Watch this space :)

Seems unlikely now, but it was heading that way.
Last edited by ambic on Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2, Battle Mage wrote:Retract that, turns out my zombie leader had the CORRECT GUESS, and I'm just an idiot who guessed wrong. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

Good luck boss, I think you might need it...
also, i want a further note for the record - we would still have been screwed even with a correct guess as we would have unlocked it with no time to explore it, and/or possibly been killed by the mad scientist.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by ambic »

The dead thread welcomes Casey, who died in the same way as Battle Mage. Ignored the red skulls :(
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by ambic »

To make matters worse, on the other side of the door is a computer where the Pin can be changed. Jia changed the pin immediately on arriving through the door. She had information about the door that Pooky wasn't privy to :( The game continues to surprise me: Throughout the game are all kinds of good things, and these are mostly being ignored - and the ONLY fatal thing in the game where someone can die directly - people insist on playing with.

Sigh
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

doh!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by ambic »

There were no vampires in this game.
There are no mind controlling drones either. There is a LOT of lies in the game.
Just no one killing other than the mod... which I didnt anticipate - can we go for a third?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:45 pm

my bad battle mage lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm

what a crazy game amb this was a lot of fun ! :D
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by ambic »

ambic wrote:
The Curse of Rata Mall

Character:
Casey Ballentyne

Alignment:
Good

You are a
Vigilante
who wants nothing more than the continued survival of humanity. You are tall, muscular, male, 30 years old, and ready to fight. You sport a beard, and are wearing Jeans and a khaki coloured shirt. You have a back pack on.

Inventory

You are carrying:

Backpack
In the backpack - A sawn off shot gun.
A Single Bullet
A Knife
A Lie Detector.

Base Strength

Your base strength is SEVEN. This means if you attack a player, you will roll a 7 sided dice to determine if you win or not.
If you are carrying additional weapons, these may increase your strength.

The knife you are carrying adds 1 to your strength. (Taking you to 8 in strength). It can be used to kill if a persons back is turned.

Win Conditions

1. Find and Kill all EVIL aligned characters
2. Find and Kill any Morally Grey Characters who, by their actions, have become evil.
3. Survive to the end of the game, along with any Good Characters you meet.

Lie Detector

The Lie detector is a recording system. If you get a person to answer a direct question in thread, you may analyse it. You must turn the system on first. Ask your question. Then turn it off. An AI will take some time to work out an answer, and report back to you later. You can only do this once per game session.

The lie detector will give you a result of: Lie, Truth, or Indeterminate. Indeterminate will occur IF what you ask is impossible to derive, the post answer contains a mix of truth and lie.

Note - i caused confusion as i said the lie detector was once per game session, forgetting i made it chargeable across two sessions subsequently. Apologies for that Pooky. We did nut it out eventually
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by ambic »

ambic wrote:
The Curse of Rata Mall

Character:
Terry Young

Alignment:
Good

Congratulations: You are one year sober. Not by choice however - the collapse of society ruined the manufacturing, and supply of alcohol, and as an alcoholic you want nothing more than to get rip roaring drunk again. You are of medium build, 21, male, and very unkempt.

Inventory

You are carrying:

Divining Rod.

Base Strength

Your base strength is SIX. This means if you attack a player, you will roll a 6 sided dice to determine if you win or not.
If you are carrying additional weapons, these may increase your strength.

Win Conditions

1. Find a steady supply of alcohol.
2. Get Drunk
3. Survive to the end, and win with other good players

(You may do what you like to other bad players, but try not to harm other good players - they can help you with your goal)
Once terry was killed by The zombie maker, he became a zombie with 2 base strength. Didnt survive the session though

A drunk terry who could find the alcohol in the barbers, make his own in the secret brewery or even potentially use the time machine to age alcohol would have been superstrong and rolled twice for any attack while drunk

The divining rod pointed terry to nearby alcohol
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 19, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my bad battle mage lol
ah don't worry man, thanks for trying to save me! :lol:

I am absolutely certain that if we'd both gone to the cafe on phase 2, we'd have killed the zombie leader (I was completely triggered as soon as we got in there but he got me first). Of course, we'd probably still have died on that door. :cool:

Any more links to see what happened!?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

the fact that the pin code can be changed is a bit cruel - it seems pretty harsh now if RubberDuck, or somebody else, works out the pincode successfully and then gets screwed by it anyway.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”