Rata Mall - Barbers - Phase 6

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

From the couch

Harry perhaps try plugging the monitor into the each power socket, I notice the spaces between the mirror benches is inconsistent, perhaps one of them opens a hidden door or something.

Neither the hardware store, or the Cafe had power sockets or light switches, this is first room I've seen with any. Is it the same for the rooms you've been to?

The back room only had a crowbar and some cash, maybe worth a final look before we go.

Scan room for trap doors in the floor
Rubberducky you're the one.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by ambic »

Maybe you want to cover up the secret exit you left open when you jumped through the poster - there arent going to be two :)
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Fine.
Search magazines for new poster, detach new conveniently door sized poster that perfectly replaces torn poster of Raquel Squelch or whatever her dumb name was.

Discard torn poster in back room and close door. Attach new poster at the top, so the door is accessible the same way it was when I found it.

Observe new poster of Rita Hayworth.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by ambic »

You now have a poster of Miley Cyrus covering the door
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Primate »

Take the Cash from the till

Examine the heater
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Primate »

The bank didn't have either listed but it had a working PC, so it logically follows it has a working power socket. The bookstore had neither listed, but was a much larger area than this place.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:11 am

Post by RubberDuck »

That makes sense. Only a few hours left in here.

Take a small bottle of white spirits from alcohol cupboard and close the mirrors

Take Hair Gel

Search left & right benches for sharp objects, scissors or cutthroat razors for Harry

Did you want to take the spray bottle? Might be useful later.

Up to you whether you take the pc monitor. I don’t have a use for it.

What do you want to do with the -1 Extremely Heavy Gold Ingot? You could keep it, trade it, or hide it.
We could always precariously balance it above the Secret door so it drops on the next person to go through. :lol:
Your call.

Push magazine stand hard up against light switch to conceal it
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Primate »

I think that would lead to me being a suspect, re the ingot. I think we just take it for now and trade it to someone for something cool.

I really could do with knowing what that heater was about if ambic is back in time.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:08 am

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 82, Primate wrote:I think that would lead to me being a suspect, re the ingot. I think we just take it for now and trade it to someone for something cool.

I really could do with knowing what that heater was about if ambic is back in time.
I’m happy with that arrangement.

I think the heater is an indication that there is a source of gas somewhere in the Mall.

I tried the heater and the gas stove in the cafe. The two descriptions I got were
The gas is off
and
The gas needs to be fixed.

Ambic’s profile says NZ, so it’s about 6am there I think, with about 2 hours before the deadline. He appears to wrap room actions up before the deadline.

Both Johannes and Xavier are quite insistent on finding the cinema and believe powering the elevator is the only way to get there. I convinced Xavier to also try fix the gas at the same time because “what if it turns out to have meaning later and we have to waste a turn going back down to the basement.”

When I asked Xavier (Porochaz) and Johannes (Groza) about what was in the basement, they both confirmed the presence of Broken gas pipes. Xavier concluded that he needed a pipe and a wrench to fix them. I arranged for Sir Leo to gift the pipe from the bathroom and Johannes had the wrench which he picked up from the basement earlier.

It may be that the pipes needs instructions to fix, similar to how the book on fixing generators was needed before Xavier knew how to fix them. It also could be that the pipe from the bathroom was the wrong one, or that they have been attacked and couldn’t finish the job, or they simply didn’t do it.

My interest in convincing Xavier to get the gas pipes fixed was so I could vent rooms to blow them up. The cafe gas stove is immediately opposite a microwave and right next to Xaviers freezer. I was going to turn on the gas and put batteries in the microwave and run for the other section of the cafe (it’s two parts, kitchen area and seating area)

Whether the gas has an actual practical use in the Mall is unclear.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:30 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Give Harry $10,000
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:33 am

Post by ambic »

Harry takes the money (if he wants), you have a white-alcohol-thing and hair gel. The magazine rack is 2ft tall, made of flimsy cheap plastic poles, that the magazines are draped over. Its not masking any switch.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Primate »

Take the Cash
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by ambic »

Retrospectively, For the record, with no gas, the heater is useless. The monitor is also useless as there is no PC to plug it into

You didnt find any new weapons, other than what you already found.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”