Rata Mall - Walkie Talkie Chat

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Jia said Fashion Store, Johannes & Harry both said they were going to the cinema, myself and yvonne are now in the office. That leaves, Xavier and Cindy unaccounted for.
Rubberducky you're the one.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Ariel »

OK. It makes sense Jia's going to the fashion store to protect the lab. I feel a little confused by her at this point.

You're just trying to survive and figure things out while you're at it, right?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm really just trying to figure things out this point. My win conditions were totally independent of everyone else's, so I don't really care about what their alignments are or what they are trying to do as long as I make it to the end.

It's why I haven't been asking people if they are good or bad, or what their motives really are, as long as I don't accidently kill myself (likely) or get murdered along the way is all that matters. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Did.. did you set off dynamite in the bathrooms? Was that the explosion? You are lucky to have survived that.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Ariel »

I set off dynamite when I told you I was doing something dangerous. The explosion that went off right before you walkie'd me wasn't me as I said
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yvonne found a contract lease for several rooms in the mall for a Carl X Hinvey all signed with an X.

I asked if X could be for Xavier.

Yvonne figured out that Xavier Lynch is an anagram of Carl X Hinvey.

Meaning Xavier is the Mad scientist and killed Mark

Nothing on your Grandpa yet
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Ariel »

Is there any information about someone with the title of professor?
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Ariel »

Love the anagram, good job confirming our theory
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 31, Ariel wrote:Is there any information about someone with the title of professor?
Not so far, but will look out for any references.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Have you got a name in particular you want me to try searching instead?

We did find a template letter, any idea of what this could mean?
To whom it may concern

We have nothing of value here in the mall. Your search should not start or finish here, we are
of no value to you.

If you search us, you will find nothing.

Signed ___________________

Dated ___________________
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Ariel »

That doesn't have anything to do with me? But obviously there are valuables here; there's gold
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Here's my breakdown
To whom it may concern
Anyone
We
More than one, or someone referring to themselves in the 3rd person.
have nothing of value here in the mall.

Value is subjective. Gold, $$$, resources, technology, knowledge
Your search should not start or finish here
It's unclear of where this letter was intended, but that the search would come through "here" The mall, the office room etc
we are of no value to you.
That's a 2nd assumption regarding what "value" means.
If you search us, you will find nothing.
Maybe for items, how about knowledge? Maybe nothing is what someone is looking for.
Signed ___________________

Dated ___________________
Trying to find a completed one, that has more to it.
There's a pc with no monitor here, there's a monitor in the lab and another in the barbershop that could work. Yvonne also thinks she found the password to the computer, but we need the screen first.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by Ariel »

That's such a random form honestly. It's curious.

I feel like Cindy has to have found out a lot of interesting stuff but she's not very talkative. I hope we can pick her brain a little bit when we meet back up.

There's not necessarily a ton left for me to do in here because Leo already looted it. There is a speaker with the CCTV, do you think that's notable?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I feel like Cindy has to have found out a lot of interesting stuff but she's not very talkative. I hope we can pick her brain a little bit when we meet back up.
That's something I've been meaning to follow up on, she went to the bookstore 3 rooms in a row and i'm interested to know why. Also, references to any professors might be better found in the bookstore.
There's not necessarily a ton left for me to do in here because Leo already looted it. There is a speaker with the CCTV, do you think that's notable?
No, we already knew Xavier used the lab in phase one to contact Leo via the speaker while he was in the bathrooms. Xavier called Leo a vandal for ripping the pipe off the wall and Leo started ranting about being spied on by people in the camera's.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Ariel »

Haha ok well I didn't know all that. Although it makes me wonder if he manipulated Terry regarding the freezer? Because he obviously got in there
Porochaz wrote:
Whisper to GC

I told him that there were ingredients for his beer around, he wanted hops and sugar, which I presume he got? Tried the door once but got a single skull, which I presumed was bad so I left it alone. Sounds like a good call!?
Porochaz wrote:Lemme guess? The code Terry needed?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Porochaz wrote: I told him that there were ingredients for his beer around, he wanted hops and sugar, which I presume he got? Tried the door once but got a single skull, which I presumed was bad so I left it alone. Sounds like a good call!?
Two separate references there.

The first is a comment that Xavier was using as an alibi for himself, he claimed his back story allowed him to find the code door but wasn't able to access it. In the above quote he said he tried one code and then left it alone. We however already knew he did in fact use it, because he used the lab to contact Johannes in the basement and Leo in the bathroom, and he had already confirmed to Johannes that it was him that used the lab to contact people through the cameras.

What he didn't know was Johannes had already confirmed to me via whisper that it was Xavier who contacted him.

The ingredients Terry was after were in the cafe cupboards and not hidden. However Terry was aware of the secret door, which Porochaz must have whispered to him about. Neither of us knew what was behind the door at the time.

Most likely after using the lab, Xavier entered one false code to use as an alibi and to lower the chances of anyone guessing the door combination.
The second quote was in reference/reply to a comment that Harry made about a code.
Primate wrote: Give me $1 for me to tell you what the number 3748 means.
In the bank vault there were 4 security boxes, two locked by code, two locked by keys, and 3 ingots.

The keys for one of the boxes were on the Tesla's keyring, and Johannes already had the keys to the other box, he emptied both. Johannes then hid one ingot somewhere in the bank, Harry took another, and the other I presume is still there in the vault.

The two Numberlock boxes are still unopened, and they have a trigger where if the wrong code is entered too many times, it'll spray that person in ink. They had some legit numbers to try, but both boxes are down to their final "entry". Harry, Johannes and Jia have fake made up numbers written on a piece of paper, in case they get pickpocketed.

That code means nothing, Harry made it up, but hinted it could be the correct one for one of the lockboxes in the bank.
Porochaz wrote:Lemme guess? The code Terry needed?
He is trying to throw off the scent with this statement, he knew full well what code the door needed, - but Yvonne changed the code from inside the lab last time she went in there, likely why Jia went via the laundry chute and not the cafe.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Ariel »

So Xavier contacted and spoke to both Johannes and Leo in the first round? I guess then when he was asking about who contacted him while he was in the basement, he essentially was trying to figure out who else had been in the lab. That's probably why he thought it was me at first. I wonder if that's because they were alone? Cuz I don't remember hearing or seeing anything in the hardware store.

Out of curiosity, which rooms does Xavier own?

Also, do you mind telling me more specifically about what happened after you cured Terry? In terms of how that affected how you win the game.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Out of curiosity, which rooms does Xavier own?
I'll ask Yvonne, she has the contract.
Also, do you mind telling me more specifically about what happened after you cured Terry? In terms of how that affected how you win the game.
In terms of how that affected how I win the game. I had to successfully cure at least one person. It's not stated of anything in particular i.e. sickness, disease, addiction. Terry didn't fully know that when I jabbed him, he was harassing me to give him a high and I didn't want to give him my steroids, especially when he had a stick and I was unarmed. I only have a limited number of shots - 2 doses remaining and there were a total of 5 people that it could be used on. I had no idea if it would work on him or not, so I wasn't trying for him in particular, he like Yvonne had a seizure and got back up. However Ambic confirmed it was successful and met the first condition to me in PM and that Terry was free of his addiction. I did not have any PM regarding Harry or Yvonne, so I can only conclude nothing happened with them.

Terry was searching the south wall of the Cafe kitchen, stating it had been "crumbed" to him that there was a secret passage which was an alternate way to the brewery. Terry's backstory item, an alcohol finding stick and the recipe book he was carrying clearly identified that the way to the brewery was through the Cinema, seat K9 specifically, which is where Johannes is currently (As I told him how to get in there.)

Terry didn't know specifically how to reveal the Cafe door, only to look for it along the south wall. So Xavier must have told him that he should look there. He eventually pulled the meat hook chains in the freezer which raised a shelf revealing the door.

The codes Terry tried were based on the letters on the code door and the belief that he would find a way through and did not want to leave it unsolved.
There was a clue in the cafe:
The cabinet is empty. But it has something written in pen on the back wall of the cabinet. "Remember her who created what you are trying to do". Its nonsensical
The reason Terry believed this meant him and the brewery because he said, Beer was originally invented by women in ancient Egypt.

Terry thought that, Her who created what you are trying to do" meant what he had been trying to do, which was brew alcohol. The original alcohol was beer, first brewed by ancient Egyptian women.

He also stated that he thought his alcohol divining stick was related to the Greek God Dionysus as a symbol of pleasure/enjoyment in and thought his stick was most likely a Greek Thyrsus.

Terry also referenced Ninkasi, who was the tutelary goddess of beer in Sumerian mythology. A Hymn to Ninkasi was poem which is thought to be the first written recipe for brewing beer which he claimed he had in his book.

The 3x codes he tried were:

"BREW" 2 7 3 9
"BEER" 2 3 3 7
"GROG" 4 7 6 4

The final code slammed the freezer door shut and wooshed him.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

The contract didn't specify which rooms in the mall he was renting. Only that it's rooms, plural.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Ariel »

Thanks for the info. For what it's worth, I have another stick of dynamite and I'm not sure whether I have a specific need for it. So if you have any crazy ideas, feel free to let me know. It could be a roundabout way to access a hidden area.

This is random, but what part of your backstory led you to seek out the Rata Mall specifically?
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Ariel »

I am tempted to look into whether I can access the actual bank or just the front of it, though I'm a little nervous to because I'm alone and wimpy haha
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

This is random, but what part of your backstory led you to seek out the Rata Mall specifically?
I have a stop watch, belonging to another doctor - I'm trying to fix the damage he caused.

It's engraved with the name Dr Ben Nerrow.

"Inside there is a photo of an old man. He's the one who destroyed the world. He's dead now, he might have once owned a store in this mall. The thought comes back - that's right - he was a little bit psychopathic. He was going to be arrested, so he changed his identity and bought a store here in the mall. But the apocalypse took him to the grave."

This is why I asked to see your camera, I was trying to see if my photo of Nerrow matched the Mad Doctor in your photo, but they look nothing alike. Which makes sense if he changed his identity before buying a store in the mall.

There's nothing in my backstory to prove Nerrow actually died, so I suspect Nerrow became the Mad Scientist Carl X Hinvey, who somehow made himself look young and became Xavier Lynch. I figured this was the most likely scenario because you made a similar observation about the mad scientist looking psychotic.

An anagram of Ben Nerrow is Rene Brown, so if anyone claims that's their real name, they are lying.

Yvonne and I think it's likely I'll be killed by the others upon returning to the eatery, so we're thinking its wise to wait to see who attacks me, join in on their attack to give yourselves an alibi and then try to finish your win con as quickly as possible after.

No ideas re: dynamite yet.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 45, Ariel wrote:I am tempted to look into whether I can access the actual bank or just the front of it, though I'm a little nervous to because I'm alone and wimpy haha
Leo was able to get into the back of the bank safely, but not the rest of it I think? I do not believe it was clear where the Security guard came from that attacked Jia, Harry, and Johannes in the Bank, so if you decide to check it out, be careful. You could always throw a lit stick of dynamite at anything that attacks you.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Ariel »

So there's a dead body in the alley on the way to the bank that looks like it's been searched already. It looks like a bank employee but seems to have been dead WAY too long to be the one that Jia killed.
I CAN go into the bank (interesting that Leo left that detail out) but I'm still not sure I should. My win con actually changed such that I don't have to find the ghost anymore. I need to survive. And Xavier's location is unaccounted for.

I don't think you've done anything to warrant you being killed, so I'm probably going to advocate that you be restrained or knocked unconscious at worst. (I realize that that didn't end well for Mark, but it's better than you losing outright).
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

The description both Harry and Johannes provide was that Jia's laser gun totally incinerates a target leaving nothing but a pile of ash and smoking boots.

They also said the guard was dressed as security, a giant of a man wearing what looked like a security vest and carrying a 2 foot long heavy crowbar.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”