The Curse of Rata Mall - Secret Lab 2 - Eatery Phase

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

The Curse of Rata Mall - Secret Lab 2 - Eatery Phase

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:00 am

Post by ambic »

The Curse of Rata Mall - Secret Lab

There is a computer laptop here - welded to the desk.
The Time machine is destroyed
There are 4 cloning vats, one of which is smashed, with water leading to the laundry chute.
There is a Portal system in the North East, and its also not operating.
There is a generator hooked to the cloning vats.

There are bodies everywhere in here

Present

RubberDuck
is Dr.Lacey Higgs: Female, Early 30s Very Tall, Skinny, Stunningly beautiful - One blue eye, one green, bloody lip. Wearing a black jacket
(Formerly MNOWAX)

Porochaz
is Xavier Lynch: Male, Early 20s Short, bookish, well groomed, Red Puffer Jacket, skinny. Carrying a Baseball Bat and a petrol cannister. Wet Shoes

Just as the portal closes, Dr Lacey crawls through.
Last edited by ambic on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:04 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Well hello there Carl Hinvey.
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:05 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Or would you prefer me to call you Ben?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:10 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Use Walkie Talkie
"I'm in the lab, I'm ok appear to be stuck in here."
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

One chance. You ruined my chances of getting home. Give me one reason not to kill you right now.

You will drop and destroy that walkie talkie. There are defences in this room that will kill you if you try anything.

Since you know who I am, I presume you found some of the nerve gas.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also, tell me where you got the name Carl & Ben from. I assure you my name is Xavier.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Take a look at the bodies. Casey died of being burnt, the others died from the explosion and that male clone died from lack of power. I did not lie.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I don’t need to check them. I never said you killed them, Casey and Terry died from being useless morons. I told them not to tamper with the door. Their stupidity is a mortal failing that I am growing exceptionally weary of. And I believe that trigger happy space fanatic was the cause of the destruction here.

Cindy probably died by doing something dumb like not paying attention to instructions.

I haven’t told them that you are here with me.

Throw walkie to Xavier

Consider it a peace offering. Destroy it or not, though it may be useful to keep it. They are expecting me to reply so it could serve you to let me answer. But I’ll let you have that decision.

Now as for “Carl”. Yvonne found the lease for your mall rooms under the name Carl Hinvey signed with an X, “Carl X Hinvey” anagrams to Xavier Lynch. Your reflection was shown to match Carla’s photo of the mad scientist. So they know who you are the mad scientist because of Yvonne and Carla.

The name Ben N however, that’s unique to me and only something I know. You’ll have to tell me what the N stands for if you want that story. What I will tell you is Ben and I were very close and I would very much like to find him.

Kill me and that story dies with me.

The creature died by the way, Frankenmage - It couldn’t stay focused on a single target long enough to do any damage and Carla blew it up with dynamite. In case you’re interested.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I know, I can make another if needs be.

Okay well, my story isn't complete lies, I have only killed where I had to. (Mark)

Im not going to kill you unless you give me a reason to. But be aware that if you do try to kill me, it's instant death for you.

Carl is one of my names. Unfortunately for you Ben is not. I am willing to help in that regard but for that you have to tell me more info in terms of your goals. see if I have any information that can help you. Besides, thanks to Jia (points at rubble), the only way out of this lab is with me alive or a very long dig. The freezer door is blocked as well.

Jia is a problem, I will kill to keep myself safe, I have the mad scientist name and I have done horrible things, but not here, and not now. Aliens have been trying to gain access to time machine knowledge. I have been trying to stop them. Everything I have seen Jia do, does not make sense and she is too well powered. Frankenmage was specifically to go after her. However it's brain capacity was, well, limited. Harry, just then, was interrogating me in regards to the time machine, asking me about the function of various bits. That has me worried too.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 8, Porochaz wrote:I know, I can make another if needs be.

Okay well, my story isn't complete lies, I have only killed where I had to. (Mark)

I'm not going to kill you unless you give me a reason to. But be aware that if you do try to kill me, it's instant death for you.

Carl is one of my names. Unfortunately for you Ben is not. I am willing to help in that regard but for that you have to tell me more info in terms of your goals. see if I have any information that can help you. Besides, thanks to Jia (points at rubble), the only way out of this lab is with me alive or a very long dig. The freezer door is blocked as well.

Jia is a problem, I will kill to keep myself safe, I have the mad scientist name and I have done horrible things, but not here, and not now. Aliens have been trying to gain access to time machine knowledge. I have been trying to stop them. Everything I have seen Jia do, does not make sense and she is too well powered. Frankenmage was specifically to go after her. However it's brain capacity was, well, limited. Harry, just then, was interrogating me in regards to the time machine, asking me about the function of various bits. That has me worried too.
Mark Knorp was a failed clone. Nothing more than a flawed specimen. It's termination was necessary besides, it did outright state it's desire to terminate you. It was the mistake that needed correcting.

I have no interest in attacking you, in fact, if I had my syringe with me I'd possibly even be able to improve upon your design. The amoral thief has it in her possession. If you deem it necessary to eliminate the lesser minds to protect your work; I am indifferent. That is your concern and I will not interfere.

Inspect Casey Specimen for possible improvement.

Dr Ben Nerrow was an old man who also went by the name Dr Rene Brown. He's the one who destroyed the world.. albeit, unintentionally. He's dead now if you believe the rumors. He might have once owned a store in this mall. - He was a little bit psychopathic. He was going to be arrested, so he changed his identity and bought a store here in the mall. I'd heard the apocalypse took him to the grave. I had hoped to find him alive under another identity or perhaps his body. I am saddened that he isn't here, I will need to continue my search elsewhere. You can see the similarities between you.

The others are needing to search the crashed alien ship on the highway and believe they know the way to it in the carpark. But they can't get there without me - because of the radiation.
It's unlikely you will be able to catch anyone alone again after the FrankenMage incident. So you may have to try and thin crowd if you need Jia gone.

It seems the best thing you need is uninterrupted time to work. I presume you are safe here in the lab. Let's get this lab in working order together and then you will need to send me back in secret with my radio to rejoin the others, arriving without it begs too many questions as to how I lost it. The portal should be alibi enough to say that you weren't here when I arrived, in fact you could be anywhere in the mall.

Other details you should know is Jia's lasergun is getting near the end of its usefulness.. 1-30 hit 31-100 miss.

If you need to recall me here afterwards and you spot that I'm alone in the other rooms via the cctv, open a portal for me so I can step through.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ok

throws back walkie talkie
put your money where your mouth is, message them back, out loud, what you say will determine how much I trust you.

The syringe, what does it do .
I got the impression the time machine is done. No fixing that. The generator might be fixable but think the clones have all died and if they can be revived I don't know it.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

Wait mark escaped so maybe...
check the other male clone
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Porochaz »

You said rooms? As in plural. Do you suspect me to have more than 1 room?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:00 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Catches walkie

The syringe - Does much the same as your creations here, except control is retained - smarter and faster, but physically weak, they lack the raw strength that your design achieved. It’s a mutagenic retrovirus with regenerative properties. There are only 2 doses left. Could even be used to revive a clone, perhaps..

Yes, rooms - plural, but none are specifically stated on the contract Yvonne found. She assumed that means the cafe and fashion store were part of the deal.

Well when you are ready, I’ll radio the others that I’m coming and you can portal me back - set it to the ceiling of mr wok so it can’t be climbed back through by the others. Close it afterwards. I can claim incompetence on my part.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:52 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Ahhh, I see now.

So it appears we are all in an alien simulation. That’s why none of us can remember before the mall or why we each have our goals for no apparent reason. I knew where to look in the mall for certain items, but when I asked how do I know where to look for that. Who put it there, why do I know its there. I got no response.

While I was in the cafe, I tried to look back out into the eatery to see if anyone remained behind, but all I could see was the void. The simulation has limited memory so only rooms with characters in them can be loaded.

The aliens want the secrets to the portal/teleportation or time travel from you. I’d guess that means you and perhaps Leo are real and trapped in here and perhaps Jia and Johannes are aliens trying to steal the secrets.
Johannes even said he was after the secrets of the mall.

Jia had a magic piece of paper written in an alien language that always shows the current code to the freezer door is.

I suspect rest of us don’t exist and are just characters to fill the story.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:12 am

Post by ambic »

Room Deadline
(expired on 2020-09-23 08:00:00)

*CLANG*

There is a clanging sound, and you both look over toward the secret entrance. It sounds like something fell, something like a shelf. Xavier wanders over and examines, only to realise to what happened. The FrankenMage had been in here! It had previously destroyed the fashion store. It can't have just teleported back in here. It appears that the FrankenMage simply ripped the shelves and security door out of the wall, and walked in. The sound you heard was a loose piece of shelf finally surrendering to gravity.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 am

Post by RubberDuck »

By the way, Ambic says I am stuck here til next phase. So we may as well get started on any prep work you need done here in the lab.

Let's get to it.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

So the lab is completely enterable now?

look out into cafe
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:55 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I would question why it came to the Cafe and forced its way into the lab.

Am I correct in assessing that Frankenmage was the scientific combination of a clone and Terry's corpse?

Mark Knorp inexplicably wanted to kill you for creating him, perhaps this could be a flaw shared by all the creations?

Or perhaps it did so in it's pursuit of Cindy?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Use Walkie, out loud to Carla

RubberDuck wrote: Just between us, I have suspected for sometime that we are all in an alien simulation. That’s why none of us can remember before the mall or why we each have our goals for no apparent reason. We all knew where to look in the mall for certain things, but when we stared asking how do we know this detail, who told us, or why do people seem to know where to look for clues etc. None of us have any history as to who put things here and how do people then know to look for things in the mall with no apparent history or memory?

If I'm right, that could mean we are all inside or connected to AL, the alien Augmentation League Hive computer Jia was talking about. Jia said one of the effects was losing memory from being connected.

While I was back in the Cafe with Terry, I tried to look back out into the eatery to see if anyone remained behind, but all I could see was the void. The simulation appears to have limited memory capacity.
RubberDuck wrote:
Stand in cafe door and look out to the Eatery other stores to see if anyone remained behind.
Ambic wrote: You are unable to see anyone. It's as if the eatery was in a parallel dimension somewhere

I think the aliens on the TV want the secrets to the portal/teleportation or time travel from Xavier.

Johannes even said he was after the secrets of the mall. It might be the technology from the TV that the aliens are after.

Jia also had a magic piece of paper written in an alien language that always shows the current code to the freezer door is, which Yvonne currently has. Though the lab entrances have since been destroyed.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:41 am

Post by ambic »

The lab as it stands is enterable by the cafe, but the freezer door does have a locking mechanism from the inside.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Am I able to lock it currently?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Hmm, if you can't lock it..

The computer here is welded to the desk.. perhaps, we can block the freezer entrance off by welding it closed? It might not stop anyone determined from getting in, but can give you a chance to portal out?

Having the portal as the only in/out creates a natural choke point and a degree of safety.

Search tools for welding equipment

The risk then is if someone goes and shuts down the basement generators, killing the power to the portal and potentially trapping you in here..

What do you think?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 18, RubberDuck wrote:I would question why it came to the Cafe and forced its way into the lab.

Am I correct in assessing that Frankenmage was the scientific combination of a clone and Terry's corpse?

Mark Knorp inexplicably wanted to kill you for creating him, perhaps this could be a flaw shared by all the creations?

Or perhaps it did so in it's pursuit of Cindy?
It was ordered to come back here but destroyed the laundry chute. No clones in here as far as I'm aware, this is all terry. The Knorp flaw again was limited to him. I don't make the same mistake twice. Cindy escaped down the laundry chute. The monster proceeded to destroy the store.

Hmm
check cameras

I think we wait just now.

Frankenstein Casey
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I don't think I can do anything that useful without my syringe.. but my knowledge of biology and of the undead might still help.

Assist creation of Frankenstein Casey

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”