Rata Mall - Walkie Talkie Chat

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Rata Mall - Walkie Talkie Chat

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:51 am

Post by ambic »

This is the walkie talkie chat.

To post here, you need to use the Walkie Talkie in your room (Just like whispering). Once you have done that, you can chat with each other regardless of what rooms you are both in. There may be circumstances where you can do so secretly, but I have none specifically planned.

Groza529
is Johannes Berger: Male, Mid-Late 40s Tall, Skinny, South African accent, Dark Hair - Dressed in a suit and tie. Carrying Briefcase
RubberDuck
is Dr.Lacey Higgs: Female, Early 30s Very Tall, Skinny, Stunningly beautiful - One blue eye, one green, bloody lip. Wearing a black jacket
(Formerly MNOWAX)
Last edited by ambic on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:32 am

Post by groza529 »

Hi Lacey, how's it going in there?
Needless to say, this puts a kink in our plans of exploring the UFO.
So let's see what options are available to free you. Apologies if I'm repeating conversation you had with Carla, not sure if she reported the whole conversation.

Possible exits:
Fashion store - Seems pretty destroyed, perhaps not an option any longer but you've got eyes on-site so what do you think?
Cinema - We believe the fire exit we destroyed led to the lab; does it look like something that can be excavated with enough hands and/or improvised tools?
Cafe - We know the freezer to be a way in, but so far doesn't seem like a way out. If the security console is intact you should be able to change the code. I don't know whether it would be helpful or detrimental to get someone else inside.
Teleporter - Probably safe to assume we don't have cooperation from Xavier, but he may not have exclusive control over the device. What pieces of the teleporter remain? What do you recall about how you teleported in there?
Destructive methods - Anything can be destroyed with enough force, but I don't know how much force we're able to muster. Which wall appears weakest/safest?

Also can you give me an inventory of what equipment or technology is available inside the lab, as well as anything you are carrying that may be useful?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:40 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I can leave, Ambic said I just have to wait for the deadline to expire. I did say that to Carla that Ambic specified I couldn't leave until the next phase.

Still happy to meet you in the Carpark.
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:44 am

Post by RubberDuck »

The code on the Cafe door is broken, so I can just walk out and to the Carpark when the deadline expires. I tried it before, but Ambic said I just had to wait for the room change.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 am

Post by groza529 »

Oh! Well, that's a completely different conversation then. So carpark is still on, great.
The question about the security console stands. We have no idea where Xavier is right now; is he in any room that you can see?
I'm tempted to say smash or steal as much tech as you can. In particular, stopping Xavier from teleporting would be helpful.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 am

Post by groza529 »

Also, is Casey's body still there? If nothing else you should search it, but it might be prudent to find some way to render it useless for frankensteining if possible.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 am

Post by groza529 »

(Sorry for that grim image)
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Casey's body was severely burned along with any items he had. Half the room is blacked out from the explosion, the time machine and cloning vats are destroyed. One vat remained, but it no longer has power and the clone seems to have died. The drain exit and the east part of the lab have collapsed in. The damage to the Cafe door indicates FrankenMage ripped it open from the outside and attacked the lab - it seems Xavier's creations are not completely loyal to him.

Cindy's body shows signs of having been blown up with the time machine.

The only working things in here are:

Laptop, It's welded to the desk[/i]

Machine, labelled "Machine - not sure what it does.

Portal - is currently off. I don't seem to be able to do anything with it.

Everything else is wrecked.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by groza529 »

Hmm, so my best guess is Cindy fled this way from the Frankenmage, and then got caught in the explosion. Possibly Xavier caused it while trying to fend off Cindy, or less likely she caused it herself by mistake.

I assume you have tried to run the laptop... anything useful on it? Perhaps that is the security console.

Any useful information about the 'Machine'? Have you dared to try using it?

The portal I imagine is perhaps remote-controlled, if there is no obvious mechanism. But there is no way to temporarily disable it?
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by groza529 »

I don't suppose the portal is small enough to move or carry around? It might make for an interesting time if we could set it up as a trap...
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by groza529 »

Yvonne says the laptop might be the security console.

New line of questioning-- I'm trying to recreate the chain of events...
1) Were you conscious and lucid when you first arrived in the lab? (Trying to establish why you did not run into Xavier)
2) Can you see any point beyond the rubble? (Speculating as to how the teleporter works)
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Ok, laptop monitor: there are camera's for the Eatery, Cafe, Basement, and the Bathroom. The fashion store camera looks to be busted - static.
"The cameras don't show anything happening.

Yvonne took the remote control, which we found was a universal remote, so rooms I can't see are the office, cinema, bank, barbers, book, phone(destroyed) or hardware stores.

The teleporter is fixed in place, there's nothing I can do with it -
"It's off", "There are no parts"
"No, nothing"
, and
"It's fixed to the wall"

The machine is a machine -
"It's a machine, not running."

Were you conscious and lucid when you first arrived in the lab? (Trying to establish why you did not run into Xavier)
Yes. The portal closed behind me. I missed the dynamite going off, but there doesn't appear to be anything else to do in here.
Can you see any point beyond the rubble? (Speculating as to how the teleporter works)
No, from the south to east walls of the room are blacked out from damage. South wall from the time machine explosion. The East wall from the ceiling collapsing. The laundry chute has been crushed and is not accessible. The room is mostly wrecked - If the cloning vats were part of the process to make FrankenMage - they certainly aren't usable now. The generator that was hooked to the Vats is damaged and doesn't work either.

There's an empty tool bench on the north wall,
"nothing useful"

Cindy died from the time machine explosion, and Casey is burned by the freezer entrance on the west wall.

The code on the door is destroyed, which is my ticket out of here. I'm just waiting for the room change to happen.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:16 am

Post by groza529 »

OK, well I'm not sure there is much more I can suggest at this point...
FYI Harry is planning to join us at the carpark. He saw the UFO as well so even if I had a reason I couldn't talk him out of it. I know little about his motivations but I have been with him two phases before and he hasn't stirred up trouble.
I'm going to hand off the walkie talkie to someone else since we are going to be back together at phase. Ideally I'd like to give it to Yvonne but it seems rude not to offer it back to Carla first.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:41 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Either or is fine. Only fair to offer it back to Carla.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”