Rata Mall - Carpark - phase 10

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Rata Mall - Carpark - phase 10

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 am

Post by ambic »

The Curse of Rata Mall - Carpark

Welcome to the Rata Mall Carpark. Its small, and interesting.

The carpark is sealed off to the south. The exit door has come down. It was open before. A new addition from when you all arrived is a dead body on the ground.

There are five cars here. The goods truck is missing (Will update graphic when I get time). The eatery entrance is smashed.

Present are:

Groza529
is Johannes Berger: Male, Mid-Late 40s Tall, Skinny, South African accent, Dark Hair - Dressed in a suit and tie. Carrying Briefcase
RubberDuck
is Dr.Lacey Higgs: Female, Early 30s Very Tall, Skinny, Stunningly beautiful - One blue eye, one green, bloody lip. Wearing a black jacket
(Formerly MNOWAX)

Deadline
(expired on 2020-09-28 08:00:00)
Last edited by ambic on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:05 am, edited 11 times in total.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 am

Post by groza529 »

"Well, I *thought* Harry was joining us, but perhaps he got stuck babysitting Carla. Yvonne has the other walkie talkie as far as I know... She was heading to the basement in case Xavier tried to sabotage something. I also swapped my pipe wrench for her crowbar so we could get into the tunnels."
"What first?"
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:30 am

Post by groza529 »

Examine ticket machine

"As I said, I have a keycard but I don't recall if it's single-use or not. I imagine it probably swipes."
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:46 am

Post by RubberDuck »

First thing - Everything I said to you and carla on the radio was a lie. Xavier was listening to the conversation and said if I did one thing wrong I was dead.

Xavier was in the lab and Casey is already a Frankenstein. He is about to make Cindy into one too.

He has a personal defense system in the lab, which he used on Cindy when she tried to blow up the lab to avenge her sisters kidnapping.

The Cafe door code is broken, but can still be locked manually from the inside.

FrankenCasey cleared the rubble from the collapsed drain and the cinema is now accessible again from the lab.

The "Machine" is what makes the Frankensteins and it's basically instant production if he has a suitable corpse.

The cloning vats are indeed destroyed as is the time machine.

Xavier has the mall rigged with nerve gas which he can use to collect more bodies if he needs to. It's likely he will also try and collect Sir Leo and Mark from the Eatery.

Xavier let me go on the basis that he is only interested in preventing Jia, who he says is an alien trying to get the secrets of time/travel and portal/teleportation. He said this is in alignment with the TV broadcast about the aliens wanting "The Technology" which he invented. Jia apparently has an alien piece of paper that always has the correct codes for doors.

FrankenMage was designed specifically to hunt down Jia - but suffered from low intelligence and couldn't stay focused on one target. Xavier said as long as no one tries to go after him, he will leave us alone.

I have suspected for sometime that we are all in an alien simulation. That’s why none of us can remember before the mall or why we each have our goals for no apparent reason. We all knew where to look in the mall for certain things, but when we stared asking how do we know this detail, who told us, or why do people seem to know where to look for clues etc. None of us have any history as to who put things here and how do people then know to look for things in the mall with no apparent history or memory.

If I'm right, that could mean we are all inside or connected to AL, the alien Augmentation League Hive computer Jia was talking about. Jia said one of the effects was losing memory from being connected.

While I was back in the Cafe with Terry, I tried to look back out into the eatery to see if anyone remained behind, but all I could see was the void. The simulation appears to have limited memory capacity.
RubberDuck wrote:
Stand in cafe door and look out to the Eatery other stores to see if anyone remained behind.
Ambic wrote:
You are unable to see anyone. It's as if the eatery was in a parallel dimension somewhere
I considered that you were able to see Casey in the eatery with the truck from the bank, perhaps because areas only load/render when there is someone in actively in them.

Look back into eatery to see if anyone remained behind
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:48 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Use Walkie Talkie
"Hello?"
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:51 am

Post by ambic »

You can't see anyone in the eatery.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:58 am

Post by RubberDuck »

The radioactive coin is on the ground somewhere in here, we should try to avoid it for now. Casey dropped it after raiding the ticket machine, so it should be nearby. Yvonne also indicated that the body is radioactive and Carla identified it as John the mixologist from the intro story. The other heavy radiation detected by Casey was in the underground tunnel at the point of the bathrooms/barbers.

The way into the tunnel is under the red car which we need to push out of the way and then you need to use the crowbar to open a manhole.

Take a potassium Iodide

Give a potassium Iodide to Johannes

Check daylight conditions, or is it in fact now night time?

First things first, let's try to avoid the tunnel for now and see where we get with your keycard? You indicated the tunnel seemed to be heading the wrong side of the mall so perhaps it leads elsewhere.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:58 am

Post by groza529 »

"I regret that I didn't even consider collecting the bodies as one of Xavier's goals... Yvonne and I were trying to determine where he would go next. The eatery seems like a very logical place. Xavier's disappearance didn't make much sense either. I should probably have recognized the duress as well... I must be losing my touch. Is it possible that Terry can be Frankensteined again?"
"Although it took some time to get it running, perhaps we ought to have Yvonne sabotage the generator again? It will take 2 people to restart it again, but if it stops Xavier from creating more of those things or teleporting all over the mall it may be a good gamble. There is little of interest left in the cinema other than lab access... What about the office?"
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:59 am

Post by groza529 »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12156776#p12156776]post 5[/url], ambic wrote:You hear your own voice coming from Johannes, who didn't manage to give away the other walkie talkie before the phase ended.
Is this because I said 'offer' instead of 'give'?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Most of the dead clones in the lab were copies of Terry, there's still one in the unbroken vats that could be probably Frankensteined
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:13 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Also, the ticket machine was crowbarred open by Casey, so your card access may not work. Hopefully he didn't bust it.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 am

Post by groza529 »

"Well, let's try it..."

Swipe carpark pass in ticket machine
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:35 am

Post by ambic »

The carpark door opens.

It reveals the roadway, which you can wander down when you are ready.
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 am

Post by groza529 »

Also
take potassium iodide
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:52 am

Post by groza529 »

(That is *Consume* the potassium iodide that is offered)
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:56 am

Post by ambic »

Its night outside. That explains why it was getting so dark in the mall when people played with the lights.

There is a full moon, so you will still be able to see

Johannes eats, ingests, consumes, devours, swallows, gobbles the tablet.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 am

Post by RubberDuck »

The reason I asked, is that when I first turned off the eatery lights at the start, I could still see everyone clearly.

Later when Jia turned off the lights, I could only identify some people by their silhouettes.

And later again when Xavier turned off the lights it was totally pitch black, I could not see anyone and had to turn on the torch.

If we summarize that each phase is an hour in length..

For me that would be the following:
Eatery - Hardware - Eatery - Cafe - Eatery - Barbers - Eatery - Phone Store - Eatery/Lab - Carpark.

If we arrived at the mall at around 10am, in theory it should now be approximately 8pm?

Until now, I was reasonably certain I was the only one to have noticed the shift time and lighting conditions.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:07 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Hey Lacey! I'm alone in the basement.
Something bad has happened here... ceiling cracked, blood on both ceiling and floor.
I wonder if this is where FrankenTerry was created.
So couple of issues - Yvonne is there alone and Xavier will be able to see that on the CCTV, I've ordered her to smash the CCTV immediately.

The next issue, is FrankenCasey cleared the rubble to the drain meaning Xavier can get to the Cinema and then use the elevator to reach the office and eatery during the same phase. So anyone in those areas is at immediate risk.

We have to assume that FrankenCindy is now active.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Also, I warned Yvonne against tampering with the power - Yes, she may be able to turn off the generators thus disabling the portal, BUT that will also disable the elevators trapping anyone else that may have gone to the Office or Cinema.

Secondly to this, it will also draw Xaviers attention to immediately send FrankenMonsters to the basement. One was tough enough to fight, if he sends both to attack Yvonne while she is alone - there is nothing she can do.

I've asked her to look for cables which she can use to electrify the water down there.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:14 am

Post by RubberDuck »

If there's nothing else, lets go check the crash site. I'll keep you updated re: Yvonne.

Go to roadway
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 am

Post by groza529 »

Go to Roadway

"The 'something bad' is most likely the crash we are about to investigate. On my first trip to the basement I found an arm that I assume is still there. That was where I got the ring. If she is able to look up through the hole in the ceiling she might see the roadway and the metal of the underside of the spacecraft, though I'm not certain as to why one of the aliens would have been smashed under their own ship."
groza529
groza529
Watcher
groza529
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 am

Post by groza529 »

"The only cables that I know of are those connecting the two generators. You might also mention to her that there is a mop handle hidden under the platform."
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by ambic »

Rubberduck and Groza both return.

The carpark exit closes.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

LOL - We just locked Harry out again, <its currently 3am his time> He's going to think we're doing that deliberately :D

I will need you to help move the car
Push Red car away from manhole
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by ambic »

The parking brake was off, so the car slides off easily. (yeah, I know Groza would have pushed the car had he been here :) so let me contradict previous interactions with cars)

There is a manhole cover on the ground.
Last edited by ambic on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”