Rata Mall - Walkie Talkie Chat

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Rata Mall - Walkie Talkie Chat

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am

Post by ambic »

RubberDuck
is Dr.Lacey Higgs: Female, Early 30s Very Tall, Skinny, Stunningly beautiful - One blue eye, one green, bloody lip. Wearing a black jacket
(Formerly MNOWAX)

Talitha
is Yvonne Skeggs: Female, Teenager Lanky, medium height, tattooed arms. Wearing Chainmail and a hardhat

To make things clear - in the thread Groza offered the walkie talkie to Ariel first, then Talitha second. Ariel never responded, so I left it as unresolved. Groza then pointed out that Talitha did she would take it if Ariel declined - but Ariel never declined either. So in the end, I made the call that Talitha did take it.
Last edited by ambic on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Talitha »

Hey Lacey! I'm alone in the basement.
Something bad has happened here... ceiling cracked, blood on both ceiling and floor.
I wonder if this is where FrankenTerry was created.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:46 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Hello!!

First thing - Everything I said to on the radio to Carla and Johannes on the radio was a lie. Xavier was listening to the conversation and said if I did one thing wrong I was dead.

Xavier was in the lab and Casey is already a Frankenstein. He is about to make Cindy into one too.

He has a personal defense system in the lab, which he used on Cindy when she tried to blow up the lab to avenge her sisters kidnapping.

The Cafe door code is broken, but can still be locked manually from the inside.

FrankenCasey cleared the rubble from the collapsed drain and the cinema is now accessible again from the lab which also means the elevator to the eatery and the office are accessible to him.

The "Machine" in the top left corner of the lab is what makes the Frankensteins and it's basically instant production if he has a suitable corpse.

The cloning vats are indeed destroyed as is the time machine, the blood you're seeing in the basement is probably from the explosion and dead clones in the lab. Most of that room is destroyed and it's approximately above the basement.

Xavier has the mall rigged with nerve gas which he can use to collect more bodies if he needs to. It's likely he will also try and collect Sir Leo and Mark from the Eatery. He will be able to see you alone down there on cctv - so going there alone was unwise. Smash the cctv now. Check the rooms for any electrical cables, your best bet of taking Frankencasey out will be to try and electrocute it in the water down there. Casey was stronger and not a junkie like Terry, he appears to be a much bigger threat.

Xavier let me go on the basis that he is only interested in preventing Jia, who he says is an alien trying to get the secrets of time/travel and portal/teleportation. He said this is in alignment with the TV broadcast about the aliens wanting "The Technology" which he invented. Jia's alien piece of paper that always has the correct codes for doors suggests this theory may actually be correct.

FrankenMage was designed specifically to hunt down Jia - but suffered from low intelligence and couldn't stay focused on one target. Xavier said as long as no one tries to go after him, he will leave us alone. Tampering with the power may shut off the portal/teleporter, but it will also turn off the lifts trapping anyone in the cinema or the office where xavier, casey and cindy can reach them.

I have suspected for sometime that we are all in an alien simulation. That’s why none of us can remember before the mall or why we each have our goals for no apparent reason. We all knew where to look in the mall for certain things, but when we stared asking how do we know this detail, who told us, or why do people seem to know where to look for clues etc. None of us have any history as to who put things here and how do people then know to look for things in the mall with no apparent history or memory.

If I'm right, that could mean we are all inside or connected to AL, the alien Augmentation League Hive computer Jia was talking about. Jia said one of the effects was losing memory from being connected.

While I was back in the Cafe with Terry, I tried to look back out into the eatery to see if anyone remained behind, but all I could see was the void. The simulation appears to have limited memory capacity.
RubberDuck wrote:
Stand in cafe door and look out to the Eatery other stores to see if anyone remained behind.
Ambic wrote:
You are unable to see anyone. It's as if the eatery was in a parallel dimension somewhere
I tried again just now, to look into the eatery from the carpark, but I can now see it normally.. I'm trying to recreate the dimension glitch I saw. Perhaps you should try see from where you are?
Rubberducky you're the one.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Talitha »

There are a lot of pipes and valves here. Is that the nerve gas?

I wonder if any of these pipes go to the secret lab... could I possibly gas them if they're still in there...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Talitha »

So Xavier has to be the only bad guy left standing in order to win. And he thinks Jia is bad... does that sound right?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:36 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm not sure either of them are expressly bad, I think Ambic has made this a game about completing objectives and the alignments are largely meaningless.

Claims of needing to kill particular players to win seem BS to me, it doesn't change anything in the mall and so far the mall itself seems to be the most dangerous thing.

Let's say for example, Jia's AL Hive target accidently kills themselves.. well now Jia automatically wins having done nothing, that's not balanced at all. Winning the game by default because someone darwin's themselves, I don't think so.

Xavier said that Jia needed the secrets of time travel & teleportation from him and this was the technology the aliens were after in the TV broadcast. This can be explained by the fact that Jia had an alien piece of paper that always said what the lab code was - no matter what it had been changed to.

The original door code was "Mary" 6279 - The clue in the Cafe was
"Remember her who created that which you are trying to do."
It was a reference to Mary Shelley, the author of Frankenstein's Monster. There was a copy of Frankenstein's Monster in the bookstore which named the author and Xavier has the role of creating Frankenstein's.

Xavier confirmed my "Mary" code theory was correct and that was the original code, and that he had changed the code as soon as he got in there.

Why then did Jia have alien paper that was a free pass to get into the Frankenstein lab if she was in fact after the AL Hive? It doesn't make sense. I actually have to say I believe Xavier's claim and that Jia is after secrets.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Talitha »

Well my win-con relates to expressly bad players. So did Casey's. So whether or not there are in fact expressly bad players, I have to play as if there are because otherwise I have no way to achieve my win and I might as well electrocute myself down here.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Talitha »

I just double checked. I also have a way to win as EVIL if I had chosen an alternative win-con. So, don't be fooled.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:57 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Johannes and I got to the UFO through the carpark access, but Harry was already there waiting for us.. We don't know how he got here and he is refusing to say.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Talitha »

That's smart, figuring out the door code stuff. I had been scratching my head over that.

I'm still scratching my head about the message from the malfunctioning photocopier
Specifically why it said "If you search us, you will find nothing" instead of "if you search for us, you will find nothing".
Is this the clue which means that the Aliens ARE the mall? (Or part of the mall?)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Talitha »

UFO? Oh wow. Take your iodine. Don't give any to Harry...
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

He demanded to know how I got out of the lab, why I'm at the UFO and whether I still have the anti rads, but said his being there was justified and won't explain how or why he's there.

Johannes and I already took them in the carpark. He's not getting anything from me, he's already searched the dead alien and the cars before we arrived. So no telling what he's picked up.

I still think we're in a simulation - it's probably possible to call in alien's to collect "The Technology" and achieve "Peace on Earth" The disclaimer might be for them, though we should get Carla to sign and date it as the mall owner?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

Oh right! It could be a note that the people here were trying to send to the aliens to make them go away. What did we do with it, is it in the office still? Yes, Carla should sign & Date.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

I really feel like I should do something about the gas while I'm down here.

I wonder if it's a finite supply, and if I broke open a pipe and put my gas mask on, whether it all might leak out and eventually dissipate.

Or whether I could break open a pipe if someone came down here, then put my gas mask on and hope they didn't have one.

Or whether I could figure out which valve to open to send gas to the secret lab where I presume the Frankenmonster/s are :(

Or whether I should just shut off the electricity to stop Xavier
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Are the pipes in fact still broken, if I recall spare pipe and the wrench were needed? You have matches, you could blast the cafe entrance later to block it off from being used. The gas stove is right by the freezer door.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

The pipes look like they're all in working order - they look like they carry gas.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Talitha »

If I turned the electricity off, Xavier and the monsters would not be able to teleport, and would not be able to get to me, right? Or do they not need to teleport here.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

FrankenTerry ripped the Freezer door shelf and door open (breaking the code panel in the process) in an attempt to get back into the Lab after trashing the fashion store and laundry chute entry. So it went the long way around after it broke the chute.

The damage it did to the shelf and door is clearly identifiable as FrankenTerry.

I'd say no dice. Xavier might not be able to reach you where you are, but unless he's an idiot - he will know exactly what you've done. I think the FrankenCasey and FrankenCindy definitely can room change beyond what we can during a phase. Remember that anyone in the cinema or office can't get down the elevator if you take that action. The blocked stairs could be cleared to free the office. But the only other way out of the other cinema is back through the Lab and right into Xavier and his creatures.

The risk for Xavier would be if they attacked you and then trashed the entire basement breaking the gas, and both generators - We'd be in the dark for the rest of the time. By the way it's night time outside currently.

It slows him down from using the portal to ambush us again and would least stops him making more than just Franken Cindy this round He could be after Leo and Mark's corpses, the bodies in the carpark, another in the alley behind the bank etc. If he makes an army, we are all screwed.

It might just be worth taking the risk and killing the power? But it's a hard choice.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm expecting after this phase, Xavier will have to return to the Eatery the same as the rest of us - So perhaps it would be useful if he couldn't teleport away or teleport in reinforcements again?

Check what needs to be done to shut off both generators, If you do decide to do it, do it in the last 10mins just before the deadline hits so he have time to react.

It means we will all return to the eatery in pitch black, which is also a risk (as we've seen before) and he might have time to tell his Frankensteins to accompany him and we'd all be fighting 2 of them in the dark with no dynamite.

I'm not sure we can collectively beat Xavier at this point unless someone manages to kill him during this phase..
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Actually, it'd be pitch black, they'd never be able to see you. You could just hide until they left and then light a match to see enough to get out of the basement.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

This is extremely risky..

You could also in this exact order:

1. Put the mask on
2. Puncture the gas lines to create a leak.
3. Shut off the generators killing the power and the portals
4. Hide in a safe dark place away from the gas (If there is one)
5. If they come down, throw a lit match blowing that side of the room away.

No more portals, no more creatures.

But it's exceptionally dangerous, suicidal even and we don't even know for sure that Xavier would send them, he may opt to keep them close by as body guards instead.

Might be all for nothing.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Umm, there's no holes in the ground up here. How did the alien arm with the ring end up falling into the basement.. Both Xavier and Johaness confirmed there was a hole in the basement ceiling that went up to the highway. They both confirmed being able to look up from the basement. Johannes took the alien arm, and it even matches the alien body here which is missing an arm.

Could you see if you can spot any holes in the ceiling?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Talitha »

Ok. I have a mummified arm here... presumably not the alien arm if Johannes took that one?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm not sure about Jia being secretly after the secrets in the lab. When she finally got through the cafe freezer door I heard her arrive in the lab. I went down there to meet her and she pointed gun at me and checked me, etc. I didn't want Leo to trap me down there so I went back up to fashion store. She followed me up the chute reasonably quickly, pointed gun at Leo and checked him. And as far as I know she stayed in the fashion store after that. She appeared way more interested in checking people than in the secrets of the lab. If this has all been a RUSE she deserves an Oscar.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Talitha »

Who do you think is in the lab right now? 1-2 Frankenmonsters? I wonder if any of these gas lines go to the lab....

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”