Frivolous requests

This forum is for ideas for the layout of the site and forums, both appearance and content.
Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay

Pronoun: She

Post Post #50  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 am

Emojis exist. Ur thread take over is over.
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

Also all of my limbs fell off, I must of tripped oh no, hope I don't fall in a bowl of boiling water, then I would drown.

Drench
crucial waukesha voter

Pronoun: He

Post Post #51  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:29 am

i appreciate your quality posts on all occasions annadog but i must regretfully advise that emojis do not yet exist on the mafiascum dot net forum sans site chat, and put it to you that this thread is the vanguard that shall deliver them
join your union

Gamma Emerald
Survivor

Post Post #52  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:55 am

check the right side of your preview screen
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

lalaladucks
Best Newcrummer

Post Post #53  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 am

smilies ≠ emojis
purple rabbit

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay

Post Post #54  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 am

Site chat is the only part that matters tbh.
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

Also all of my limbs fell off, I must of tripped oh no, hope I don't fall in a bowl of boiling water, then I would drown.

Drench
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #55  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:16 am

In post 53, lalaladucks wrote:smilies ≠ emojis

a reading from the book of mark!
join your union

BBmolla
Open Book

Post Post #56  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Okay this is kind of a weird request

Back when the site died and we lost some games, Tierce and others recovered a bunch

I think in Weather Mafia II she also kindly color coded the flipped scum players posts as red and the flipped town players as green

Is this something that could be possibly added as a feature? Was super helpful for rereading.

I'll see if I can find it to show you what I mean

Kison
.GIFted

Post Post #57  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Would be useful to see.

For emojis, not worth implementing till we upgrade the board. The feature is built right into the new version of phpBB.

Drench
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #58  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:53 am

it is Promised......the prophecy is Set...!
join your union

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #59  (ISO)  » Fri May 11, 2018 4:54 am

strike tags in site chat
If I am only for myself, what am I?!

Drench
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #60  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 am

again i must insist that this thread be only used for the requesting of emojis
join your union

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay

Post Post #61  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 8:11 am

I request no emojis be implemented in the site forever.

Drench
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #62  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 am

join your union

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay

Post Post #63  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 am

That isn't a request for emojis.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor

Post Post #64  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 1:53 pm

I request emoji and various other things
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

mastina
Memorable Event

Post Post #65  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 pm

In post 62, Drench wrote:Image
User using mafblack, report invalidated.

Sticks McGee: Infiltrating the Complex is coming to Mish Mash...as soon as I draw the hundreds of images necessary!
Ballroom Blitz has ended!

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:25 am

I just tested emojis. It looks like the site software itself handles them fine (although even with an emoji presentation marker, they appear in text presentation, perhaps due to font limitations); but an attempt to actually save the post causes an error trying to insert it into the database.

Basic Multilingual Plane characters like ọ or even ☺ work fine, so the problem is likely due to the Astral Plane nature of the emojis (which is weird, as they appear to have been added to the database in UTF-8). So this might be a simple case of changing the encoding that the database uses for the column in question (although depending on how the encoding layers work, doing that might also break all the non-ASCII characters on the site).
scum · scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn · town

MathBlade
Survivor

Post Post #67  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:23 pm

In post 5, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4, zakk wrote:
In post 3, PeregrineV wrote:I want to look at 200 posts on one page instead of just 25. Can we make that happen?

You used to be able to do that if I remember correctly

I thank you have to add some $_GET parameter like ?ppp=200 or if there's already a ? in the URL try &ppp=200

This may have only worked on phpBB2, but I forget

And yes, emoji's please

I thought so too, but can't get it to work now.

That’s still a thing that works. My votecounter uses it. Talk with me privately if you’re having issues and I can see what is happening and make suggestions :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Drench
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #68  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 pm

i just want to bring this thread back on topic, that being our ceaseless, positive and near-fruition campaign for emojis on mafiascum dot net
join your union

MathBlade
Survivor

Post Post #69  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:30 am

In post 56, BBmolla wrote:Okay this is kind of a weird request

Back when the site died and we lost some games, Tierce and others recovered a bunch

I think in Weather Mafia II she also kindly color coded the flipped scum players posts as red and the flipped town players as green

Is this something that could be possibly added as a feature? Was super helpful for rereading.

I'll see if I can find it to show you what I mean

Uhmmm honestly there’s a ton of things first that would need to happen first.

I would keep this in mind. I am experimenting on a phpBB dev environment as I can on different things. So some of this stuff that should be easy is hella hard.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Kaiveran
Goon

Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #70  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:14 pm

In post 66, callforjudgement wrote:I just tested emojis. It looks like the site software itself handles them fine (although even with an emoji presentation marker, they appear in text presentation, perhaps due to font limitations); but an attempt to actually save the post causes an error trying to insert it into the database.

Basic Multilingual Plane characters like ọ or even ☺ work fine, so the problem is likely due to the Astral Plane nature of the emojis (which is weird, as they appear to have been added to the database in UTF-8). So this might be a simple case of changing the encoding that the database uses for the column in question (although depending on how the encoding layers work, doing that might also break all the non-ASCII characters on the site).

While that last would suck, it may not be apocalyptically bad. Plenty of old, venerable sites like this one will have instances of slightly garbled text caused by the steady march of encoding standards. However, if say, someone back in the day used box drawing characters to simulate a table before we had the tags for that, that post would be utterly destroyed. Hmm..

I highly doubt there's a possibility to covert old posts to a newer encoding, but if there is, this could work around the problem entirely.
ima fucken furry

MathBlade
Survivor

Post Post #71  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:28 am

There maybe we just have to figure out which strategy to take and what to do about certain things. There’s options. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Site Ideas