Junior Moderators/Moderator groups

This forum is for ideas for the layout of the site and forums, both appearance and content.
Inferno390
Mafia Scum

Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass
Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 pm

OK, so here’s what I’m noticing:
There are not a lot of game mods on he site. Sure we do have a good amount. Just not a lot (if you know what I mean). And some of them specialize to certain queues.
Now, I think that there are plenty of people on the site we find interest in running a mafia game. I know I would. However I think there is a problem with the amount of time required for running a mafia game means either that people are off put by that commitment or they simply don’t have enough time for that much of a commitment.

I think that the solution would be to lessen the burden on newer mods so that they would be more comfortable running games.
But how to do this?
How about this:
Start a forum for game moderators. Sort the interested mods into veteran and newbie, and then pair them off, one newbie to one veteran. That way, newer mods can get their feet wet without taking on the full responsibility of running a game, and they get a taste for what running a game is really like. Call it the Junior Moderator system or something like that.

Then, once we have these people more comfortable with modding and with a better understanding of the commitment, the forum can also be used to find other mods so that they can group up and run games in twos or threes. That way, mods who have time constraints can work together and allow for more games to be run on the site.
Plus, this would make it easier to find co-mods, backup mods, and organize the game modding community a little better.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL
“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion
Inferno390 GTKAS
Mafiascum Moderator Society

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:44 am

There's nothing preventing someone from creating this thread in MD. MD already has a few threads for "schools of modding", it's not a stretch to create a moderator mentor thread there as well.
Kappa
Just Monika

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

RedFlavor
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:54 am

I did not know how to mod so I just found a back up co mod for my game, that thread can be helpful if you need help
Another bad boy down

[ + ]

Return to Site Ideas