Changing the Account Name

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:10 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 4, elusive wrote:Hmm...it takes me a few tries to settle into the "feels just right" mode so meh. I wonder how ff.net does it, you can change your user name any time.

FF.net ties your login to your email address and your user id. The username can be changed there because it isn't used to log in.
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 14, chamber wrote:
In post 13, tn5421 wrote:
In post 4, elusive wrote:Hmm...it takes me a few tries to settle into the "feels just right" mode so meh. I wonder how ff.net does it, you can change your user name any time.

FF.net ties your login to your email address and your user id. The username can be changed there because it isn't used to log in.

This has absolutely nothing to do with it. The forum has the technology built in to allow name changes. In rare cases's we've even allowed/forced them. It just makes old games harder to follow.

My apologies then. Perhaps something can be done on a user's profile or postbit that shows their old username/usernames?
WIP

Return to “Solved Requests”