Posts per page question

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Shmugen
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 am

I'm new here. Perhaps I'm blind, or maybe the option doesn't even exist, but is there a way to get more posts per page? Say, 200 rather than 25? I love reading old games, but having to click next page all the time breaks my flow.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 am

Sorry, the option has been disabled to change the number of posts per page. The reasoning is complicated, mostly doing with tradition and uniformity.

However, I highly recommend downloading an extention that auto-loads pages (I use Auto-Pager for Chrome) for scroll-reading goodness.
IA, IA, TRUMP FHTAGN! IA, IA, TRUMP FHTAGN! IN HIS YUGE TOWER IN R'YLEH, DREAD TRUMP LIES DREAMING!

Shmugen
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 am

I was afraid of that. I see most posters referring to individual posts by number, but I also see people occasionally referencing pages. Thanks!

Mr. Flay
Metatron

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:04 pm

For now you have to do it by hand, but it is possible.
In post 26 of a different thread, Kison wrote:For now I've set it up so you can add &ppp=200 to the end of the topic URL.

Example: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13720&ppp=200

Doing this will display the thread with a higher number of posts per page. There is an upper limit of 200 and a lower limit of 5.
Retired as of October 2014.

Shmugen
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Also handy info. Thanks!

AGar
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Oops. Hit the wrong button there.

In post 1, Kublai Khan wrote:Sorry, the option has been disabled to change the number of posts per page. The reasoning is complicated, mostly doing with tradition and uniformity.

However, I highly recommend downloading an extention that auto-loads pages (I use Auto-Pager for Chrome) for scroll-reading goodness.

This is useful to know...

In post 3, Mr. Flay wrote:For now you have to do it by hand, but it is possible.
In post 26 of a different thread, Kison wrote:For now I've set it up so you can add &ppp=200 to the end of the topic URL.

Example: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13720&ppp=200

Doing this will display the thread with a higher number of posts per page. There is an upper limit of 200 and a lower limit of 5.

This is also extremely useful.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

I ramble about running!

[ + ]

Return to Solved Requests