Outbox vs. Sentbox

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Outbox vs. Sentbox

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:18 pm

Post by Polotet »

I PMed all my roles out for Mini Game 7, and all of the PMs went in my sentbox, except for two. Those two went in my outbox. What is the difference? (Although it could be a coincidence, those two haven't confirmed yet.)
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:22 pm

Post by Sofis »

It's not a coincidence. When you send the message, your message is placed in the outbox. When the recipient reads the message, the message is moved from your outbox to your sentbox. So a message being in your sentbox is much like receiving a Read Receipt. If you delete a message in your outbox, it will also be deleted from the recipients inbox (I think).
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:29 pm

Post by Polotet »

I don't think so, because the other 10 messages went into my sentbox as soon as I sent them. Before they could possibly have been read. And also, some of those 10 haven't confirmed.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:29 pm

Post by Polotet »

I don't think so, because the other 10 messages went into my sentbox as soon as I sent them. Before they could possibly have been read. And also, some of those 10 haven't confirmed.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:53 pm

Post by Sofis »

Hmm. That's how it has worked for me, so far. Possibly, there is a limit to how much you may have in your outbox at any one time, and if you exceed it, the remainder is moved to your sentbox. Were the two in your outbox by any chance the last two you sent? Or first two?
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:46 am

Post by Polotet »

Never mind, I think you're right and I was just reading it wrong earlier.
CrystyB
CrystyB
Townie
CrystyB
Townie
Townie
Location: Romania, Balkans, Eastern Europe, Earth, Solar System, etc

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:26 pm

Post by CrystyB »

I'm convinced he's right too. I tested his first post in this topic and it turned out exactly.
And there'd be nothing extraordinary if two people of the 12 players were online, had the 'alert me' checked and thus read the PM quite that soon...

Return to “Solved Requests”