Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:33 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Like many of us I started using the avatar option when this board materialised (new toy, bla bla). Not anymore. But just out of curiosity... are there any specific avatars you don't like? If I see that damned black duck of Roadbird once more I am going to scream....... ;)
Last edited by Dragon Phoenix on Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:52 am

Post by Antrax »

I dislike avatars in general. Even led a successful campaign against it in another board I'm part of.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:56 am

Post by Cadmium »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:If I see that damned black duck of Roadbird once more I am going to scream.......;)

LMAO @ DP :D.

But seriously, there aren't any avatars on this board that irritate me. Some are great, some are less, but that's it.

I do have to agree with Antrax though, that it isn't a pretty sight when someone has a big avatar and posts messages with only one line. That happens with my avatar too. I try to prevent it, but sometimes I can't fill a message enough (with a confirmation for instance).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:57 am

Post by Muser »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:If I see that damned black duck of Roadbird once more I am going to scream....... ;)

I kinda like the duck. There are a lot of just-plain-ugly avatars floating around though. (Not mine, of course.)

Antrax wrote:I dislike avatars in general. Even led a successful campaign against it in another board I'm part of.

So you're like some kind of rebel searching for a worthwhile cause? :wink:
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:37 am

Post by jesternl »

I like them very much, though not because they are pretty :)
I use them to quickly find my own posts on a page. I scroll down and look for my avatar, works pretty well
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:33 am

Post by Macros »

i dont mind avatars, but animated gifs are unnesscessary, i meant to make for myself, to lazy, etc.
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:08 pm

Post by SaberKitty »

avaters are nice, like colored text.
i guess it is just me who sees it, but every time i look at cadmium's avatar, i see a falling terradactyl(sp?). when i first saw it, i looked at the black rather than the white, so even though i see the puppetmaster-thing(when i try really hard, or invert the colors), i still see that retarded bird.
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:24 pm

Post by jeep »

OK, I've been asked again and don't remember where Saberkitty and I discussed it. My avatar is the Kanji for "Drunk Elephant". It means the same thing in Chinese and Japanese, they just pronounce them differently (I'm told).

-JEEP

Return to “Solved Requests”