Post-a-day Usergroup

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post-a-day Usergroup

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:26 am

Post by cuban smoker »

mith! (or other administrator)...

I would like to start a new user group called "Post-a-day" or something to that respect. All members must have at least 1 post per day (and say, at least 20 posts). The members of the group could have special privilieges, or a cool name-tag, or a special flag on their profiles / avatars / whatever. Something that will promote everyone strving for that one post per day marker! Currently there are about 15 members with 1 post per day, and I believe about 5 with 2 posts per day. I could be the "leader" of this elite group, and together, we will better this online game!
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:27 pm

Post by Antrax »

So what do I get? :D
Antrax
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:38 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

You could be the leader... I don't care! The important part is that we would be the "cool" people of mafiascum that everyone else wants to be. We could form voting blocks to oust the silent ones (normally unvoting when the silence had been sufficiently broken, of course), we could come up with a cheer and a secret handshake and a motto!

Oh think of the fun... on a more serious note, I believe it truly would improve the quality of the game by promoting more participation. Post sizes would actually get smaller (for those who don't like reading long posts) because the same person wouldn't have to articulate 5 different ideas in one post.

Finally, you can choose the cool things that differentiate us from the norms.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:05 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

...This is so incredibly.. weird. Heh. 8-)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

Yay! I'm part of the cool group (or will be...if it ever comes to fruition)!

Seriously, I feel like I'm often playing mafia solitaire with others piping up only when they think I've made a bad move or when they want me to shut up and quit pestering them to post.

If everyone posted a lot, they'd be quadrupling their fun (yeah...quadrupling...I used a calculator, so you can trust me) !
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:30 pm

Post by SaberKitty »

.94 posts a day... so close...
maybe if i post in all my games or something, i'll make it up there to 1

but anyway, i really don't see the point of such a usergroup. we'll just get people spammin gthe boards and doing stupid stuff which just increases thier post count.

-SK

p.s.(i mean edit) it only went to .96- that's means if i post like 12 times today, then i'll make it to 1... *goes to sleep*
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:23 pm

Post by MeMe »

If you make it to the magical & oh-so-cool one-post-a-day mark, I bet you'll see the point, SaberKitty. It's a clique! And you're invited! 8-)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:44 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I am at 1.82, and still people accuse me of not posting enough.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:57 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

You know CS, you could just set up an invitational game, and invite only the talkative players... it would certainly be more interesting than the current invitational....
I'm afraid that setting up an official "Members Only" club will only encourage Hitman-esque bad behavior with people trying to get in just for the sake of getting in. Trust me, the hard and often futile work you uber-posters put in is greatly appreciated by the more laidback members of the board.... if only because it makes you easier to lynch :wink:
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:24 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Games take while to setup, and I want more than just one game to be of better quality. Once a person gets in they only need a post a day, and even that is easy. I think it would be uber cool.
Q
Q
Ninja
Q
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by Q »

You don't need a high post count to boost your self-esteem. You're Thumbody!
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:11 pm

Post by Bobacino »

Count me in, whether you decide to create an invitational game or a members only club. My profile claims...
[0.43% of total / 3.78 posts per day]
Hurrah!

In the two games I've played so far, my verbose attitude to posting has attracted enough attention as to warrant a bandwagon in both of those games.

I would like to join a game that is suited to my participatory method of play. Perhaps, by its strategy and cleverness, online Mafia is a game that will never favour those who like to talk. Nevertheless, I shall continue to play as before, in the vain hope that the regulars will begin to recognise that my posting style is not a matter of guilt but a matter of enthusiasm.

Ciao,

Bobacino.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:21 pm

Post by Bobacino »

PS Instead of a group that demands prerequisit (spelling?) quotas before granting entry, why not create a group that demands the participants to agree to a pledge, wherein the member must try its best to post at least once per day? If the member seems to sway from its oath, then the member could be warned, warned again and finally expelled from the group?

This would, perhaps, formulate a group of people who are interested in playing games with a high poost count. Internalised games could be created for members only, but otherwise no further perks should be granted.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:11 am

Post by mith »

I hate to break it to you, but 1 per day isn't very much. I have 2.27 and I've been on hiatus for the past 3 or 4 months. :)
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:27 am

Post by jeep »

I don't want people to have a reason to post frivilously. If we had a way to only count posts that had some point, I might be "down with that".

-JEEP
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:55 am

Post by MeMe »

Who's going to play the role of Frivolity Police?

Jeep, Just like in RL mafia, it's the seemingly throw-away (or "frivolous") comments in which people let down guards. By encouraging all posting -- not just carefully constructed,
sterile
posts that can only be interpreted one way -- we'll have much more to talk about and more fodder from which to construct theories, crap or not. There seems to be way too much analysis-paralysis on mafiascum. If everyone in each game would just throw caution to the wind and say what's on their minds, games would be much more lively & enjoyable. It's a game, people, let's have some fun!
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:19 am

Post by jeep »

Well, most of the "frivolous" posts occur outside of the game thread. Posts like "I have nothing to say" are frivolous. The posts in General Discussion don't have anything to do with the game, so should they be counted? Posting in threads where you are dead, just because you want to keep your post count up is BAD. Any post that is nothing more than ":)" is frivolous

That is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about people who spew random game related stuff.

I'm a big fan of discussion and participation.

Also, if everyone threw caution to the wind, then the game would be less stimulating, IMO.

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:27 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Really, the goal is to change the psychology of the game. You are all probably sick of seeing that word, but in the end, I want the verbose players to not be seen as targets!

Perhaps we could have an invitation only usergroup of cool people (hahaha... it sounds so funny. Usually I'm very cynical about these things) who embrace healthy, relevant posting. There could be invitational games that ran independetly, meaning more Mafia for the talkative players. Also, there could be other priveleges... who knows. Perhaps making it invitation only would be better then basing it on an arbitrary metric like posts per day.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:48 pm

Post by mole »

Bwahaha. This is my second post in three months, and I'm still eligible. :)
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:08 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Hmmm... looking at my stats, I realize that I currently qualify for the "cool clique" post-a-day group. Yay me!

I've ranted about a similar topic in another thread, but I for one would love to see games exclusively with actively-posting players, especially as a talkative newbie. It would make me much less paranoid about how often I should post in my games.

Synopsis: if you do start something of this nature, sign me up!
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:07 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Heh... just occurred to me: you could name your game "Terminal Verbosity". :lol:
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:25 pm

Post by Bobacino »

You know, I'm trying to keep to this post a day routine thing and instead I find that I am reading the buleting board once per day instead. I never seem to post anymore. At one stage I was in two games and then, through my own fault in the first game and by the hand of the scum in another, I was butchered. And now, there is silence. No games. No talking. No fun.

Boo hoo.

*Pray to the God of Mafia that the games I have joined begin very soon*

Return to “Solved Requests”