Quest Information (Test Page)

Amstaad
was
IS an attempt at a site-written and site-run RPG that started back in the early days of the site.
It is currently being resurrected - inquire within if you want to help or play!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Quest Information (Test Page)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 am

Post by DeathNote »

Quests:

There will be a variety of quests that will be used during your adventures of Amstaad. All will make use of your aspects and teamwork with other players but each will have their own specialty purpose. Here is an explanation of each...

Adventure-

The most standard quest given with a primary object of traversing whatever location the party is in. This can range from exploring a cave, assaulting a camp, hunting a criminal, ect. Often these quests require some use of combat and exploration in which players must navigate through twisted corridors.

Civil-

A common quest that will be given to players while in the city. These quests push people to complete diplomatic tasks within the city. Usually involves bartering, persuading, and general speech relations between players and NPCs.

Treasure Hunt-

The name essentially says it all. These quests will occasionally have use for combat but normally only between fellow players or perhaps an NPC that the treasure is being taken from. These quests will test the players in their ability to recognize and disable traps as well as tracking and sneaking throughout whatever location they happen to be in.

Stealth Missions-

Similar to treasure hunt as you must navigate through dangerous territory but with a different goal in mind. Perhaps the player has to abduct or rescue an NPC or maybe there is information that must be obtained. Stealth missions can include combat depending on how well the player does in sneaking about.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 am

Post by DeathNote »

=Discovering a New World=

Overview
:
A group has been gathered from Amstaad to explore a hidden location to the east within the Peak of Krond. Location is rumored by dwarves to house demons and evil spirits. Originally caved in, a new entrance has been found and a wealthy Nobel has taken interest in what lies within.

Tunnel System within Peak of Krond, a mountain to the east of Amstaad.

Objective
:
Explore cave for riches/unusual objects. Report findings to the Dwarf Nobel, Kirkstoff.

Equipment
:
The group is well informed of the quest and the Nobel is willing to provide. You may take any six items that you feel will be necessary. The Mod will review if the request is reasonable.

Flavor
:
Players are allowed to create own flavor for why they would go on this quest.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:15 am

Post by DeathNote »

This particular test will be an Adventure Mission. I will repost all characters here. Locking the thread until the quest is open, if you have questions please ask them in the release thread.

Spoiler: Yaw- Arlis
Race Human Passani

Final Aspects:

Closed-minded
Shrewd
Devotion to the One God
Temple Guard
Secret Shame
Coping

Final Skills:

Language -- Passani (Great)
Bow (Good)
Knife (Good)
Language -- Trade (Fair)
Knowledge: Religion (Fair)
Asceticism (Fair)
Strength (Fair)
Knowledge: History (Average)
Cooking (Average)
Investigation (Average)
Knowledge: Old City (Average)

Fate Points: 2

Equipment:
Bronze Breastplate
Dagger
Reflex Bow and Quiver (20 iron arrows)
Sack
Passani Prayer Book
Blanket

Motivation: To defend the Temple from those who might defile it.

Spoiler: inspiratieloos- Heron
Race: Elf

Aspects:
Tall (racial)
Thin (racial)
Druid's son
Demophobic
Woodsman
Bounty Hunter

Skills:
Elvish (Great) (4 racial)
Language Trade (Good) (2 racial+1)
Longbow (Good)
Knowledge: Survival (Good)
Knowledge: Herb Lore (Fair)
Knife (Fair)
Woodworking (Fair)
Healing (Average)
Bartering (Average)
Negotiation (Average)

Equipment:
Longbow
Leather Armour
Combat Knife
Survival Gear:
*Contains knife set, sharpening set, flint, steel
Bed Roll
Medicine Pack:
*Contains Herbs (Anti-poison and Venom), Empty Vials, Bandages, cotton/cloth, basic tools (equipment for applying bandages/medicine), vial of alcohol

Motivation: Uphold the law in the forest and to protect it from harm.

Spoiler: Anix- Saladin
Race: Passani

Aspects:

Human
Closed-minded (Racial Aspect)
Shrewd (Racial Aspect)
Secondary Concerns
Noble Intentions
Duty to His Subjects
Falling from Grace Leaves Bruises

Skills:

Language (Passani)- 3 (Racial Skill)
Diplomacy-3
Intimidation- 2
Perform (Rhetoric)-2
Language (TikTik)-2
Knowledge (Geography)-1
Craft (Maps)-1
Deceit-1
Scimitar-1
Knowledge (Nobility)-1
Unarmed Combat-1
Language (Trade)-1 (Racial Skill)

Fate Points: 4

Equipment:
Scimitar
Chain-Mail Shirt
Paper, Quill, and Ink
Bed Roll
Coil of Rope
Flint and Steel

Goal: To regain the House and help the Tiktik regain what they deserve.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:16 am

Post by DeathNote »

Normally, I would post something similar to this and saving the third post for character sheets. Players would PM me in request to join.

For the moment, everyone starts off with NO equipment despite your character sheets. You are allowed to pick six items that the Dwarf nobel will provide and that you can reasonably carry. Weight is not really an issue but should it be unrealistic for you to carry six larger items, then I will not allow it. You can pick items that you had previously, or you can pick new ones but go ahead and choose that now.

We will continue shortly and feel free to ask questions about the quest here.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Yaw »

Does the dwarf have dynamite? Does he give out prizes?

Items:
Bronze breastplate
Dagger
Bow
Quiver with Arrows (don't know if this counts as separate, or can go as a package deal with the bow)
Sack
Passani Prayer Book
Blanket (if the above package deal is possible)

Joking aside, are the three of us starting together, or are we also testing out if we can manage to meet up in a reasonable way? If we are separate, how are we managing threads? If we're not, is the "same place, same time" issue going to be tested later, or are you planning to have a very large team of Scummers travelling around?

~Guess that is what this test is for. To see how quests would work and what I should do to make them as smooth as possible. For this particular quest, you will all start off together as you all meet with each other to complete the mission.

About items:
Bow and Arrows are a joint item so count as 1. You can specify what bow though which requires a little research on your part if you want something a little better. Keep in mind that this just means money wise you can have a decent bow/longbow or whatever but no enchantments or elf crafted or something like that.

So like I said above, you start together so everyone will post in the same thread. Your initial post will be introductions and interactions between other players before the quests starts.~
Success breeds suspicion
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Longbow
Leather armour
Short blade/combat knife
depending on whether a short blade can be used with knife skill.
Survival gear
A map
Medicine pack (tools+herbs)

Are arrows/rations a separate item? If so, how much is '1 item'? What if I want something fancy (enchanted arrows that give light for example)?
What is the SOP for dealing with demons/spirits? does it require any items? Do any of Arlis' skills help in dealing with them?
I would also like to note that AniX's character would be highly unlikely to take this quest.
Choosing other items after answers to questions and comments from Yaw/AniX.

~Seeing as it is a test quest, Anix's character will have to come up with his own reasons for taking the quest. Perhaps he is not interested in what is inside the cave but instead interested in having connections with the dwarven lord so that he can help rise himself into a position of power again.

Arrows come with bow but amount of arrows depends on quality of the quiver. I am guessing an average quiver will hold about 15 to 20 arrows. These must be standard non-enchanted arrows as most enchantments will come with speciality quests or if your character creates them. For this, you can have a powerful steel tip arrow as opposed to the lesser wooden arrows/bronze/iron/ect.

As far as demons and spirits go, the quest is described as their being rumors of demons and spirits. I do not actually plan on pushing such beings on people until later in Amstaad's development. For the most part, Demons will be handled as you would a normal being with the exception of them being stronger and with magical powers. There will be items to help deal with Demonic creatures but that is not necessary for you to have for this quest.~
Last edited by inspiratieloos on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 am

Post by Yaw »

There's a quest? I completely missed that post 2 was edited. Arlis wouldn't be terribly likely to take this quest either, although it's possible to hand-wave that through some kind of order from religious authorities.

Since Arlis is a guard for the temple and not a religious authority, unless having a reasonable amount of religious knowledge helps with demons/spirits, signs point to no.
Success breeds suspicion
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:36 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Yeah, Heron isn't either, although acting as a guide is up his alley.

I'm hoping you can do something like 'roll knowledge to recall the best way to fight demons' to give us a bonus in combat or something.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 am

Post by DeathNote »

Edited answers into posts.

Arlis can most certainly use his knowledge in whatever way Yaw chooses. Suppose you see an entity and you want to figure out what it is, Arlis can roll and might find out that the demon isn't quite a demon after all. Only hint I am giving for this quest.

I will send Anix a PM to let him know that this has been updated.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 am

Post by Yaw »

Arlis is male.

Also, since Insp asked, what about rations?
Success breeds suspicion
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:35 am

Post by AniX »

Oh sorry, didn't notice this was open. Let's see what I can do here:

Scimitar
Chain-metal Shirt
Paper, Quill, and Ink
Bed Roll
Coil of Rope
Flint, Steel, and Torches (Is this an ok combination?)

I've figured out a viable way to get myself involved, no worries.

~Flint and Steel is an ok Combination. You will not need to bring torches but for future quests, that is also acceptable to mix in as a combo.~
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:02 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Arlis is female? Totally missed that.

Ftr, a longbow is (obviously) especially good at long range and combined with high quality arrows just about the only type of bow that can effectively penetrate a armoured target at range. It is also quiet and relatively fast to load. It is very hard to aim for a beginner, therefore it is only really effective in the hands of a trained bowman (as opposed to short- or crossbows).

~Thank you for clarifying.~

@Yaw, In this situation a reflex bow is probably most effective. The dwarves are paying anyway (they're hard to make/expensive) and you haven't specified your specific bow skill.

@DN, can I use knife skill for a short blade? Btw, is there any advantage to specifying they exact type of bow proficiency compared to just 'skill: Bow' like I did?

~No, blade and knife skills will be classified as two different skill sets. You can go as large as a hunting knife which can become decently sized.

As stated with the knife, everything skill wise will be really specific. I am going to make a ruling that you should specify type of bow as opposed to just "bow". We can turn it into three classifications of Long Range, Short Range, and Crossbow. I am not sure if there would be a middle class but if there is, it can be associated with Short Range.~

I'll edit my items to add the other three.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:04 am

Post by DeathNote »

Rations will not count against your selected items. Everyone will be provided a canteen of water with food to last for 3 to 4 days, bread perhaps mixed with dried meat.

The water will not last as long as the food but you will find water sources plus you do not plan to be on this quest longer then a day or two unless something happens.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'm pretty sure Heron will be able to scrounge up some food/water if necessary.

~If you wish but I doubt that food/water in this quest will be an issue.~
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Yaw »

Does the type of bow make much difference here? Reflex looks interesting, but I'm curious if that would be just flavour or have some in-game meaning.

Also, switch out the sack for a torch. Otherwise ready (though going to sleep, so first real post will be tomorrow).

~Dont get Torch. You wont need it as they will be provided at entrance of cave. I am unaware of details on bows. I know that some strings have a higher tension then others making them require more strength to use but giving a greater force but this is all common sense. I recommend getting a bow for close quarters as you will be entering a cave.~
Success breeds suspicion
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 am

Post by DeathNote »

Updating character sheets...

When you have no more questions, please post in bold "ready". I will start with the opening introduction afterwards and we can proceed from there.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 am

Post by DeathNote »

There are question marks on some items. Please elaborate on them.

Yaw- What type of bow? Reflex?

Inspirat- What is in the survival gear and medicine pack. I know herbs on one but quantity? What types of herbs? What will you need to preform your healing? Make up a name if you have too.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Medpack, herbs that promote blood clotting on cuts and that prevent infection, I have no idea which those would be (my character is the healer, not me), clean cloth for bandages, tools and substances (presumably alcohol) to treat and clean wounds, that sort of thing. Possible some poitons, depending on availability.
Survival gear, knives for cutting animal hide and meat, a knife for shaping wood, flint and steel, a bedroll.

I'm not actually familiar with healing/survival myself, so I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

@DN a reflex bow is just a very high-end shortbow.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Yaw »

Yes, let's make it a reflex bow. Passani are now getting a bit of Turkish/Hun flavour, I guess.

Ready
Success breeds suspicion
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 am

Post by AniX »

I would like a ruling on Survival Kit since allowing it would free up a slot for me (I currently have bed roll and flint and steel listed separately).
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'm guessing that if you drop the torches it isn't large enough to count as a full item.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:29 am

Post by DeathNote »

Ok, Medpack is fine. The herbs you will be carrying can be used to create basic anti-venom and/or anti-toxin. This could be used against snake bits, poison mushrooms (if ingested), possibly a poison frog, and basic poisons/toxins used for something such as darts.

You have containers to create potions with your herbs. I am assuming you will have the ability to create using the herbs but you must take the time to create. ((This is something that will be elaborated on with the magic system.))

Survival Gear-
Bed Roll would count as a separate item, the rest is fine as a pack. If Anix wants to include a knife set and sharpening equipment, then he may do so as well.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I guess bedroll instead of map then... It's not like we're going to get lost without it.

ready
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am

Post by AniX »

Ready
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Updating.... Will start tomorrow.