Wandering the South Commoners' District

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed May 19, 2004 5:50 am

Post by Yaw »

Looks good so far. Let me know when you're done -- if you want I can proofread it. Not to change the content in any way, just to fix up the English a little.

Also, if there are any places of importance inside each quarter (famous pubs and inns, monuments, parks, religious sites, businesses, etc.), make sure to include them as you create.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sat May 22, 2004 10:58 am

Post by Yaw »

Well, for the things in red...

The way I wrote the Old City history was as a taking-off point for everyone else. So as long as you consider what was likely to be the case right after the city switched hands, you can speculate from there.

The likely situation was a Briaf government, but one that had to be politically careful in dealing with the Passani (and Tiktuk, to a lesser degree). They wouldn't have been
able
to build in the Old City due to lack of space, so would have had to build outside the walls. (I kind of picture the Elvish Quarter opening up as Passani unhappy with the defection of their fellows vote with their feet and leave.) The Briaf were an alliance of Humans, Elves, and Dwarves, but why they found Amstaad desirable is up to you. I don't think they would have found their own architecture "barbaric", though. ;) I think they would have left the Old City as is because they physically couldn't build anything new there, and couldn't destroy anything because of the political ramifications of pissing off the Passani. Don't think beauty would have had too much to do with it.

I think you mean that the council zoned the south lands as residential areas. The land was definitely habitable before, there just wasn't anyone there.

What's the history of the Uhura Quarter? It isn't mentioned...
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sat May 29, 2004 6:39 am

Post by Yaw »

Looks great, Kerplunk. :)

The amount of time you have to spend modding, though, is going to be a function of how many players are in your District at any time, not how many locations are available. (We're still trying to figure out how threads will work, but no matter how they do, this will be true. You only have to mod players in your District.) So I think you're going to be safe creating the whole thing -- players are going to be split up among the mods no matter how large your District is.

You don't need to put the NPCs in here, at least not their stats. If it's an important NPC, a mention of his/her name is enough for this. Keep the stats in a file for now, and we'll figure out what to do with all of them.
Success breeds suspicion

Return to “Old Aamstaad”