Posting without confirmation or redirection

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Posting without confirmation or redirection

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:30 pm

Post by shadyforce »

It seems to be happening a lot to me recently... I'm going to either quick reply or the actual reply page, typing up a reply, sometimes previewing it, sometimes not, and eventually hitting send. I see the link taskbar at the bottom indicating information is being transferred, then I switch to another window/tab and do something else waiting for the page to load.

When I get back, it often hasn't. In fact, sometimes I have the same window in front of me just as if I hadn't sent the message at all, so I often assume I forgot to hit send, or that there was an error and hit send again. This is leading to multiple posts around the site, because each time I don't get the confirmation window or redirected to a different window to indicate my post has been succesful.

This has never happened to me before. Not sure if it's just me and my connection or what the story is.

I'm using Windows XP, a dial-up connection (that is admittedly sometimes dodgy), and also, I think my mouse button is acting up... the left-click gives me some trouble when trying to drag. I don't think it;s due to either of these problems because a dodgy mouse button isn't giving me any trouble clicking on regular links and even double clicking should still lead to the post confirmation window, and my connection hasn't actually visibly skipped or disconnected while regestering these multiple posts. But I thought you should be aware of them.

Finally, I'm having no trouble whatsoever with the preview button.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by MeMe »

It's been happening to me for a while (at least a month...I think there's another thread around here somewhere). My indicator says "done" but the compose screen is still up.

Very irritating.

edit: Here's the other thread.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Post by jeep »

Yeah, server load is exceptionally high. Speculation is that this is the cause. Moving to 2.0.11 doesn't seem to have reduced the load, but we need to confirm that all the other sites are current too.

-JEEP
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by Norinel »

I usually experience this (Getting an error along the lines of document contained no data or couldn't connect to server) with editting the Newbie list front post, so load could be part of it.

Return to “Solved Requests”