Forum Slowness

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Forum Slowness

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by indentureddjinn »

Hey. Whenever I try to access the forums (especially from a topic reply email) it seems to take a long time to appear. I'm using a cable connection with Mozilla, and I've never experienced this before, until the last couple of days?

What's going on?
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by Maximus »

I also have some complaints. Many times, it gives me error page stating that there is error on three different MYSQL lines or something. Then I have to restart the browser and then I can finally access the forums.

Also, I'm having same problem with slowing down of forums. I'm running on cable with cleanest internet explorer and the load time for forums are WAY slower than anticipated.

Many people, myself included, are having problems with posting a reply. It will take forever for the reply to process through, and sometimes either it will go to that "Page not found" error message or it will say "No Post mode specified". I've figured out a way around it though. It seems that it does process the reply no matter what but you have to either restart your browser to see your reply or refresh and wait 3-5 mins until it reappears.

I remember that jeep was going to fix this but it seems that the problem has gotten even worse.
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by mathcam »

It's been on and off for a while, actually. If you skim through the forum, you'll see a couple of other threads on the problem...in short, server overloads.

Cam

Return to “Solved Requests”