Pre-Crash browser issues

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Pre-Crash browser issues

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Shortly before the most recent crash I noticed that I couldn't properly load the forum site in my fully updated IE browser. I was able to update the wiki in IE. The reverse was true when I used google chrome, I could post in the forum but when I tried to view a page in the wiki, chrome tried to download it as a file.

I have not updated either brower during or after the crash

A few minutes ago I tried to access the forum and the wiki in IE. Succeeded
before that I did the same in chrome. Succeeded

I don't like that we experienced the crash but the browser issues I had don't exist anymore
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

There is an outside possibility it was related to a late-breaking code edit, like the site chat.
Retired as of October 2014.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That maybe it then. I figured I'd let you guys know about it in case the knowledge helped anyone with anything

Crash helped me with something but it was still bad. I'd rather still have bad browser issues, if it brought back all the posts and games. If I get time to look at cache's I'll see if I can find any games 4 you guys
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Using Chrome, not getting wiki downloading as a file.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Solved Requests”