Posting and Updating Problem

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
La Paloma
La Paloma
Townie
La Paloma
Townie
Townie

Posting and Updating Problem

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:17 pm

Post by La Paloma »

Sorry to bother folks, but I've had a problem posting over in Mr.Stoofer's mini-game.

When I tried to post, I just got an error message (sadly, I didn't record it, and I've not been able to reproduce the problem yet).

However, when I tried to remake the post, I noticed in the Topic Preview that the post had actually gone through, but wasn't visable from the thread proper, nor mentioned on the Index page.

I tried to make a second post to see if the error occured again, but that one went through normally. As did all my attempts in the Test Post thread above.

I suppose there's nothing that can be done without the exact error message, huh? :(
[size=75]La Paloma
[i]Telephone sex is one of the great blessings and benefits of modern life and can be too easily taken for granted. So let us spare a thought for our forebears, who had to do it by semaphore...[/i][/size]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:42 am

Post by jeep »

It happens occasionally. We think it's a problem with the host computer being too busy and not quite everything gets done when you post.

-JEEP
La Paloma
La Paloma
Townie
La Paloma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:22 am

Post by La Paloma »

Oh, ok.

Thank You!

:D
[size=75]La Paloma
[i]Telephone sex is one of the great blessings and benefits of modern life and can be too easily taken for granted. So let us spare a thought for our forebears, who had to do it by semaphore...[/i][/size]
olio-guest
olio-guest
olio-guest

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:56 am

Post by olio-guest »

I had some wierd posting thingies happening too.

Today, when I've tried posting after 01:00pm (gmt+2), I've gotten "Post mode not specified" message every time bar one occasion. I also get logged out of the forums after I get that message.

The one time my message went through, it sort of "revealed" my earlier posts and made them visible in the thread. You can see it here.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Further fun with this problem (I know, we're hoping it gets solved with the new host, just documenting it):

I post. It goes through, apparently. I close the window/thread and return to it later, and don't see my post. Neither is it listed on the Forum list as the most recent post. I go to post it again, and I
see it in the Review screen
. But not in thread. Eventually, minutes or hours later, it all shows up normally. I just double-posted in MD because of this...whoops.

P.S. Thanks for all you do, jeep. *group hug*
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Solved Requests”