Huh?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Pinkieseb
Pinkieseb
Townie
Pinkieseb
Townie
Townie

Huh?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:37 am

Post by Pinkieseb »

I just joined. I understand mafia and how its played, but i dont get it.
I looked through threads and found tonned called Newbie 3000 and something or other.
I dont get it! Can someone please point me in the right direction?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 am

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Pinkieseb
Pinkieseb
Townie
Pinkieseb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Pinkieseb »

I already looked, i looked again. It didnt answer my question, how do u REGISTER for a game of mafia, and wat r the numbers?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 am

Post by chamber »

In post 2, Pinkieseb wrote:I already looked, i looked again. It didnt answer my question, how do u REGISTER for a game of mafia, and wat r the numbers?

You register here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... start=3725, the number is simply a counter of how many newbie games have been run.
Taking a break from the site.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

This is why new members should get a PM with very clear instructions.
after a wank.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

In post 4, CooLDoG wrote:This is why new members should get a PM with very clear instructions.

Honestly there is only so much hand-holding that we should need to do. Considering we have a full Wiki and the "Queue" forum even has a link to signup instructions in its description, I don't see what a PM would say besides what both those already do.
Welcome to the Network.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Lets be fair here though the wiki isn't exactly well sign posted and despite there almost being neon signs above the queue forum, the amount of newbies who can't find it is disturbing. A PM would help.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by quadz08 »

If you can't figure out what 'queue' means, or navigate the fairly simple organizational structure of this forum, you probably aren't cut out for mafia.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 7, quadz08 wrote:If you can't figure out what 'queue' means, or navigate the fairly simple organizational structure of this forum, you probably aren't cut out for mafia.

Every time I say this, I get utterly shut down. But I agree.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 6, Porochaz wrote:Lets be fair here though the wiki isn't exactly well sign posted and despite there almost being neon signs above the queue forum, the amount of newbies who can't find it is disturbing. A PM would help.

I don't think said newbies would even notice the '1 new messages' text.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:31 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 7, quadz08 wrote:If you can't figure out what 'queue' means, or navigate the fairly simple organizational structure of this forum, you probably aren't cut out for mafia.

^ this

Also, I'd say there's a strong correlation between those that can't understand how to join a game and those that flake because our deadlines are longer than 24 hours.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:39 am

Post by zoraster »

Prove it.

It bothers me that people view making things difficult for new members are a positive. It is not. If we have things structured a certain way to make our lives easier, fine. But to turn around and say, "these people are idiots who we shouldn't want" is ridiculous. Stop being so damn unwelcoming.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm not going to waste my time proving it and I'm not being unwelcoming towards newbies.

Lots of newbies come to this site and figure out how to join games. I love those newbies. Those are smart newbies. Keepers, even.

It's just that every time a newbie walks right into a pull door, we get a bunch of people trying to make everything easier. Things aren't difficult. The very first forum says "Queue" and the description clearly states that it's the place to go to sign up for games. More signs, arrows, PMs, whatever aren't going to help.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Also, I'm forced to assume that, like ani, more would support my point of view but don't for fear of being bullied by the likes of zoraster.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Vi »

You're looking for this page.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Vi »

In post 11, zoraster wrote:Prove it.
Rain1000 - Posted Dec 12 2012, last post Jan 29 2012; stayed through one game, flaked from two, tried posting multiple times in a game he wasn't in.

jambecca - Posted Aug 06 2012, last post Dec 5 2012; stayed through one game; flaked from three.

Nunez - stayed through one game and a marathon, see also expansive Forum 62 posting

Yami-Chan - etc.

Fatso - Posted Feb 18 2011, last post Apr 10 2011, stayed for one game, bailed on two

Telo - still playing, still active
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:31 am

Post by zoraster »

And is that different than the norm? It doesn't seem particularly bad although obviously taming makes anything seem pretty terrible.

And to KK: yes. I'm being a "bully" to tell you to stop being unwelcoming to new mbers IN THE HELP FORUM. Believe it or not, you don't have to post here. It is not particularly onerous to try and point people to the right place when they post in a forum dedicated to solving problems. Yes, I'd rather they take a moment for self help first, but I don't think our Byzantine system makes requests for help some kind of disqualifying test.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hackles down, zor. I'm just razzing you a little. (and attempting to conjure up memories of a certain poster)

There are two threads in this thread. The first was started by Pinkieseb and was answered by chamber after some clarification.

The second was CooLDoG implying that this website doesn't do enough to help newbies. An opinion that is roundly disagreed with by everyone except you & poro.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think the kdowns link is valid, that one looks like an actual site problem.

and there's also a hell of a lot of newbies that do the same thing as Fatso except in the newbie queue. (I might have to go through that to see if those are also similar)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

The correlation is probably because you need to figure out certain things for yourself in an actual mafia game.

If you can't figure out how to sign up to things yourself you probably aren't going to pick up scummy intent by yourself.
Are you ready for this?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 18, Cheery Dog wrote:I don't think the kdowns link is valid, that one looks like an actual site problem.
Good point; I was just cruising through and was like "whoa, kdowns".
Pinkieseb
Pinkieseb
Townie
Pinkieseb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 am

Post by Pinkieseb »

The only thing i needed help with is, what do i do when i get to the queue forum. Everything except that is fine -.-
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:17 am

Post by Vi »

:/ I apologize if we made you feel unwelcome, Pinkie.

If you have any questions (that aren't pertaining to ongoing games), PM me and I'll help to the best of my ability.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:51 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 17, Kublai Khan wrote:
The second was CooLDoG implying that this website doesn't do enough to help newbies. An opinion that is roundly disagreed with by everyone except you & poro.

It obviously is hard for noobs because almost every month we either have a thread in help or GD about it. A thread about basic stuff got to over 20 pages in GD, and every once in awhile it is bumped by someone new asking a question that has been answered multiple times already.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 21, Pinkieseb wrote:The only thing i needed help with is, what do i do when i get to the queue forum. Everything except that is fine -.-

Also, we have a LOT of these types of questions from newbies. You simply started another discussion about it. Not your fault at all :lol: I look forward to playing with you.
after a wank.

Return to “Solved Requests”