Weird bug with post tags

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Weird bug with post tags

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:47 am

Post by Jennifer »

I have found a crazy bug that I'm not sure why it's happening.

In my game I'm modding, I like to keep a list on the first post of what has occurred in the Events section.

In the Events section I use the post tags. For instance:

Code: Select all

[post=#5049295]Draft Order[/post]

But, everytime I put in the post # for the individual post and press "preview" the post number will change to the post number for the first post in the game. This happens whether I copy/paste the post number for the individual post I want to reference or whether I manually enter in the number.

If I again correct it then the correction stays and all is right with the world.

Every time I add a new post tag it again overwrites my inputted post number to the first post number and I have to correct it again (the old ones stay corrected).

Hope that makes sense!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I've been using the post tag extensively the last few days and haven't seen this.

Are you possibly forgetting to remove the # when you edit in the new tag? In other words if the lynch happened in post 345, you can either use or . Based on what just happened when I wrote this post, I'm guessing you're trying to put the unique id of the post and it's interpreting that as a post 5,345,789 that doesn't exist in your thread. It then defaults to a link to the first post.
Retired as of October 2014.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Jennifer »

Ahh maybe that's what it is. I'll give it a try later and let you know if I see it again! Thanks! I didn't realize that I could simply use the post # versus the unique number at the end (which I was using). Much appreciated!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, the Post Number from the thread is easier to use, but only works within one thread (until you hit Preview and it gets automagically converted to [post=#nnnnnnnn]). You can also use the unique identifier but you have to put the [post=
#
...] in yourself in that case, or else it tries to interpret it as some impossibly large post in the current thread.
Retired as of October 2014.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Jennifer »

By the way, that worked like a dream. Thank you again!

Return to “Solved Requests”