Mac user looking for chat ap

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mac user looking for chat ap

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I run a MacBook Pro Version 10.7.5 and am looking for the proper application for the scumchat. I've tried various measures, but Macs have this terrible ability to tell you the correct application to use. If anyone knows what the proper application/set up/steps needed to get a Mac to run the scumchat, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for the PC I have yet to order.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Scumchat runs AIM - an older version of AIM.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Okay, I got this running (more or less because I found that AIM is an application, not just a chat service).

Edit: I've got AIM downloaded, so I clicked on the button that says "Scum chat" on the bottom of the webpage. Naturally, something has to slow me up. I get a new tab that pops open on firefox, (Which stays blank) and the AIM chat window I have running does not seem to catch on that it needs to follow this link (which is not actually a window, it's running as an application). I'm not sure if this is just because I haven't been to any chat or just have no links, but I see no available way to search for a chat.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:28 am

Post by quadz08 »

Most of us use pidgin or trillian, because AIM no longer actively supports the exchange that scumchat is on, whereas they do. (Technology is dumb.)

Chamber's sig has more information on how to get there.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Solved Requests”