Confusion, mistakes and account registration problems.

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Buttonsareconfusing
Buttonsareconfusing
Buttonsareconfusing

Confusion, mistakes and account registration problems.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Buttonsareconfusing »

I'm afraid I've fallen victim to the horror that is "not paying enough attention to what I'm clicking when I'm clicking it".

The wording on the "born in relation to this date" choice at the beginning was what actually got me. Somewhere along the lines, the word "before" in the first choice clicked in my brain as meaning "younger" :roll: . I therefore registered as I normally would until I got the COPPA email.

After looking it up, I was a bit confused seeing that it applied to those who were 13 and younger; I went back to the registration process and then realized that'd I'd gone and clicked the wrong button because the above wording threw me off.

I am in fact, not younger than 13. I'm 16, and therefore the COPPA email didn't apply to me.

The simplest solution seemed to me to be to set up another account and make sure to actually click the correct button this time. And now I've received a message saying that the IP corresponds to another existing account, which it does, because the other is the account I went and fouled everything up on.

Since both accounts were created only 5 minutes ago and thus have not really done...anything, is it possible for one of two courses of actions to be taken?

A) Close both accounts so that it'd be possible to register normally again with less button-misclick-y antics involved
B) Set the original account so that it doesn't need to involve all of the COPPA faxing and mailing (which don't apply to me, and are once again a result of me distracting myself with multitasking) so I can simply log into that one.

For reference, the original account that I've gone and spoiled everything on is ThatOneBadMedic
The second account (which is currently locked due to the IP link) is That One Bad Medic with spaces.

I don't wanna think that I'd get blocked from the site by reading a button the wrong way ^^;

If this isn't the right place for this topic, I'll gladly start it up in the proper location.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:07 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 0, Anonymous wrote:button-misclick-y antics

This is still, by far, my favorite topic on this forum.
Art is cool.

Return to “Solved Requests”